• 88 results
Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rianor

It's August 21-24. For the people that didn't know, Leipzig Games Convention rivals Tokyo Game Show as one of the biggest game shows in the world.

And guess what!
David Reeves from SCEE said they were gonna make 12 announcements there. Wonder what those will be?

Also, HEAVY RAIN!

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-172776.aspx

"The second bits of information came from Sony. At the PAL specific press briefing David Reeves said that they had about 12 announcements to make at Leipzig, far more than what made its way out at E3.

Some print media were given a private preview screening of Heavy Rain at E3. The developers (Quantic Dream) were also present at the Sony briefing and while they weren't able to talk about Heavy Rain at E3 outside of the private screening they did hint at more open access to information about the game at GC.

I really enjoyed E3 for the amount of games that were on show and the willingness of the developers to talk about their games. The GC's last show in Leipzig however promises to be action packed.

The Leipzig Games Convention is from August 21-24. It's looking more likely now that Heavy Rain is going to blowout there, and maybe, other exclusives shown behind closed doors will also appear there."

So in this thread, let's talk all things Leipzig Games Convention

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pause422

Wow,I heard recently(although still was a bit resistance to believe) Leipzig would be real big this year and have some new announcements made,but didn't think all that much... can't wait to see how it all turns out, coming up pretty soon too. I'd love to see some Heavy Rain news, maybe Alan Wake would get some new updates(doubt it tho) or upcoming 09 titles that we know are gonna be/getting worked on but haven't seen anything yet.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rianor

Yeah i'm hoping for some new Alan Wake details myself, and I can't wait for more info on Heavy Rain, because we haven't really heard anything after they released that CG video of that girl auditioning.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg for me...when it comes to games i'm wanting to hear about, and i'm sure there's going to be a few new game announcements that will get us all wet and tingly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job! Thanks, I have been waiting for someone to make this, I would HATE to see a thousand "LOOK WHAT HAPPENED AT GDC!!" threads later. XD

And wow, 12 announcements is a lot, I hope they don't disappoint. If they show Heavy Rain in good quantity, I will be pleased.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rianor

That's pretty much why I made this thread Sentry lol, so hopefully it will cut back on the thousands of potential threads about the same thing. No-one ever likes to see that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Yeah 12 is pretty crazy, of course besides those announcements alone there will definitely be more happening... I guess I'll fall for it now,I'm stoked to hear about what happens at Leipzig, it sounds it could blow this years E3 completely away, man I can't wait.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Magnum

Can you guys point me to the Heavy Rain demo everyones been raving about. I'd like to see it. 

Hopefully there's I Am Alive news.
Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rianor

Yeah this year's E3 was a pretty big disappointment all around, Hopefully Leipzig will be the gamers convention this year that will amaze us gamers and media alike with some amazing announcements some that we see coming and some we don't. Since we haven't had that yet this year.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rianor

Sure no problem Magnum, here's the Heavy Rain trailer they showed back at E3 06 and since then there has been nothing new, news wise about the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/10757.html

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Magnum
Rianor said:
"Sure no problem Magnum, here's the Heavy Rain trailer they showed back at E3 06 and since then there has been nothing new, news wise about the game.

"
Thanks, Dude. I just watch it. It looks pretty effing amazing. Decent writing and acting. The only thing that breaks the illusion is the mouth and smile look crazy bad. But they have lots of time to work on it. Thats E306? Wonder what it looks like now. Wow.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

Ah I forgot about I am Alive, no idea what that game is going to be like as well. I wonder if Obsidian would be going there, I'd love to see some actual gameplay of Alpha Protocol.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rianor

I'm also hoping for some new info about Portal 2.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magnum
pause422 said:
"Ah I forgot about I am Alive, no idea what that game is going to be like as well. I wonder if Obsidian would be going there, I'd love to see some actual gameplay of Alpha Protocol.
"
Alpha Protocol looks really cool.

I'd like to see I am Alive be a survival game not survival-horror. I think that would be a cool idea.
Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rianor

Yeah I am Alive would be an awesome game if it was a survival game with the same openness as Assassin's Creed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last thing we saw on Heavy Rain were these screens;

caption
caption
caption
caption

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Magnum
Sentry said:
"Last thing we saw on Heavy Rain were these screens;

caption
caption
caption
caption

"
those screens are really nice. I'm stoked.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

From what little description of the game I've heard so far I think it was going for just a survival game after an earthquake or something..may be kind of apocalyptic,that seems to be the new theme these days lol anyway looks really interesting.

Man I can't wait for Leipzig now,I just wanna hear everything thats gonna happen,and I hope some really huge stuff does..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magnum said:
"Rianor said:
"Sure no problem Magnum, here's the Heavy Rain trailer they showed back at E3 06 and since then there has been nothing new, news wise about the game.

"
Thanks, Dude. I just watch it. It looks pretty effing amazing. Decent writing and acting. The only thing that breaks the illusion is the mouth and smile look crazy bad. But they have lots of time to work on it. Thats E306? Wonder what it looks like now. Wow."
Yeah, that footage is WAY back, so just imagine how it looks now. Here is a really short video, this was from Jan 08 I believe; http://kotaku.com/348511/heavy-rain-tech-demo-short-but-rocks-my-world

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am wondering why Life with PlayStation got delayed, and then I thought it COULD be because of Leipzig? Imagine them showing it briefly, then saying it's available for download after the show, like the video PS Store.

I really wonder what those 12 announcements could be... anyone want to take some guesses?

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rianor

Oh whoah Sentry, I hadn't seen that before, thanks for the link  :)

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magnum
Sentry said:
"Magnum said:
"Rianor said:

"
Thanks, Dude. I just watch it. It looks pretty effing amazing. Decent writing and acting. The only thing that breaks the illusion is the mouth and smile look crazy bad. But they have lots of time to work on it. Thats E306? Wonder what it looks like now. Wow."
Yeah, that footage is WAY back, so just imagine how it looks now. Here is a really short video, this was from Jan 08 I believe; http://kotaku.com/348511/heavy-rain-tech-demo-short-but-rocks-my-world
"
Those eyes look pretty good

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No problem bro. :)

Pretty awesome even though it's so short, lol.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rianor
Sentry said:
" I am wondering why Life with PlayStation got delayed, and then I thought it COULD be because of Leipzig? Imagine them showing it briefly, then saying it's available for download after the show, like the video PS Store.

I really wonder what those 12 announcements could be... anyone want to take some guesses?
"
That's a good theory, it makes sense :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's hope it makes sense! Lol, probably not though. :'(

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rianor

Well you've got dibs on calling it if it does :D

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pause422

I hope those are truly in engine screenshots, I mean I want to believe they are , and definitely possible if the focus is on just the characters,I mean look at Gt5 with the focus on cars. I just want to see some actual gameplay now.... I really hope they are real.

As far as life with playstation...if it is just what it seems like I honestly am not that into it, but at the same time I'm at least interested in checking it out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pause422 said:
"I hope those are truly in engine screenshots, I mean I want to believe they are , and definitely possible if the focus is on just the characters,I mean look at Gt5 with the focus on cars. I just want to see some actual gameplay now.... I really hope they are real."
It is bro, confirmed way back. In-game tech demo. And I think GT5 looks a lot better when in replay mode, then when actually racing, because of all the flashy effects and whatnot they use with the camera. They REALLY need to make the camera more loose in that game, kinda 'hang' behind the care, rather then be a 100% fixed point.
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Aarny91

Umm... *waves a flag around*

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pause422

Yeah it did look a lot better in replay mode I believe, (thats probably why in replay mode the game went to 30fps instead of 60 i'm guessing) thats awesome though,and I believe you sentry don't get me wrong lol I just really want to see some more footage for myself, if its possible of that I can't wait to see more of that game.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rianor

And here's hopeful thinking, but perhaps some new Home details?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422

Hah,I wouldn't hold my breathe for that... in that case I'll mention Huxley, which has the most laughable chance of showing there next to Duke Nukem Forever.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Systech

I think that Leipzig is pointless.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pause422

I've always thought that systech, trust me. This year it seems to not be though, which definitely has something to do with e3 being dead and pointless this year.

Ehden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ehden

I think this is the year the Leipzig takes the throne of gaming conventions and will have a lot more for the gamers the e3.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pause422

Yeah they've already said they would, if Sony alone has 12 annoucements to make here(way more than everyone combined made at E3 that we didn't know of already) I'd say its look pretty good, its not like hard to beat this years e3 either...it was terrible.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rianor
Ehden said:
"I think this is the year the Leipzig takes the throne of gaming conventions and will have a lot more for the gamers the e3.
"
I agree and hope so.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By angelkimne

I'm going hopefully.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

dont get so excited for 12 announcements.  thins like this can be awful and range, it can be new trailers, new features, etc. counted individually

for example, if I were to pull from MS's E308 conference
- ff13
- portal: SA
- southpark
- geometry wars 2
- lips
- movies
- console party system
- new look
- xbox live primetime
- new last remnant trailer
- new star ocean 4 trailer

in reality it's 3 annoucements
- FF13 (the megaton announcement)
- new xbox live overhaul
- couple arcade games

and for sony
- mag
- ratchet episodes
-----( the only real annoucnements)

- gow trailer
- sales
- psp support
- resistance mp featues
- killzone 2 feautes
etc.
get what Im saying?  It's like counting how good a mp mode is by what it is or how many people it supports.  But i think we can all agree that halo 3 does ctf much better than cod3.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pause422

I think they would mean real announcements though, everyone new almost every announcement that you named from that list of Microsofts ones(other than a Portal pack,southpark,FF13,lips) the avatars already leaked onto the internet weeks before,and them along with the new look of the 360 could also be put into one single announcement.

Even if you do count that entire list there, thats still not much from either company, most of us we know of before hand. I'm far from thinking this Leipzig is going to be some 'amazing thing that blows people away' but it still won't be hard to top this years E3, so I'm staying open to the possibility we may see some new announcements we didn't previously know,or even new gameplay of something we already knew existed...either would make me happy.

exfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By exfate

When I think of announcements, I think of game reveals, release dates, demo release dates, new features/services, new SKUs.

I doubt there will be any new game announcements from Sony, but I do expect approx release (like the year...) dates for things like Heavy Rain. Also new services/featuers & SKUs are the type of thing Leipzig is good for - I think that was the bulk of what Sony was talking about there last year IIRC.

Here's hoping Heavy Rain doesn't end fighting some lava dude in the sky... ahem.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Will1Lucky

I wish I was attending this year but the family holiday screwed with those plans, still got a chance next year though.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rianor
exfate said:

Here's hoping Heavy Rain doesn't end fighting some lava dude in the sky... ahem.

haha good one :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rianor said:
"And here's hopeful thinking, but perhaps some new Home details? "
Yes, big Home details at Leipzig.
Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rianor

Is that you hoping or do  you know something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be there, more then likely. The beta will also be opening up to media soon, which will be followed by the public release.

Beta is currently around v0.9.4.2 or so. So it's coming soon (fall).

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rianor

Oh ok, yeah so it's looking like it'll have a showing, it better have a showing lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, yeah it should, I am pretty damn sure it will too. XP

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rianor

It's been in production/closed beta for way to long, it's time to bring it out.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By Aarny91

What is this Leipzig?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points