Hyrule Warriors, new Zelda game by Tecmo Koei.

• 132 results
TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:
Loading Video...

Screw the haters. This is awesome news to wake up to!

Tecmo did such a terrific job with One Piece, Nintendo entrusted Zelda to them? When you resort to Dynasty Warriors...you know your console has died.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#102  Edited By Video_Game_King

When you resort to Dynasty Warriors...you know your console has died.

You hear that, PS2 in 2001? Or GBA in 2005? Or Xbox 360 in 2007? You're fucked.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xeiphyer said:

THIS IS TERRIBLE.

THIS IS AWESOME.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Darji

@mariachimacabre said:

@darji: You really need to stop going into every Nintendo-related thread to bash their every move. It's getting weird.

I am sorry but i think it is a very dumb Idea. Zelda is a franchise with very few characters. Dynasty Warriors is a Series with tons of Characters. What will the Characters be? Adult Link, Windwaker Link, OOT Link. Awakening Link. Skyward Sword Link, Twighlight Priincess Link and then Zelda?

You know what would have been awesome. Fire Emblem Dynasty Warriors but Zelda?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trafalgarlaw said:

When you resort to Dynasty Warriors...you know your console has died.

You hear that, PS2 in 2001? Or GBA in 2005? Or Xbox 360 in 2007? You're fucked.

He clearly meant ''resort to'' as in ''rely on''. And that's pretty accurate. Maybe dynasty warrior 1 or 2 was a big deal 10 years ago but trying to pass a dynasty warriors clone as one of your primary games for a plateform just stinks of desperation. Those games must cost about 5 bucks to make nowadays, especially with that kind of texture work. Why didn't they take 1/10 of a percent of the BILLIONS they have just collecting dust and invest in an exiting novel Zelda project made by talented people instead?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@darji: Maybe wait for something more than a ninety second gameplay trailer before casting judgment.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Looks terrible

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@darji: Maybe wait for something more than a ninety second gameplay trailer before casting judgment.

Screw the haters. This is awesome news to wake up to!

So only positive feedback is allowed? I am just saying I do not see much character potential in this while a Fire Emblem Version would have been really really awesome and would have made much more sense.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I guess this could be okay. The only Dynasty Warriors I played was One Piece Pirate Warriors so I'm not sick of these yet.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: I agree that a Fire Emblem-themed Warriors game couls be great, but that doesn't and shouldn't take anything away from this game's potential. You're casting it as a failure based on a small amount of footage because it's not the game you personally want, which just makes you sound like a more verbose version of those coming into this thread to post things like "Looks shitty." It's fine if this isn't what you want. You don't have to like it. No one is saying you or anyone has to like it because it's a Zelda game. But you don't need to shit on what little has been shown just because you don't like the idea.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@darji: I agree that a Fire Emblem-themed Warriors game couls be great, but that doesn't and shouldn't take anything away from this game's potential. You're casting it as a failure based on a small amount of footage because it's not the game you personally want, which just makes you sound like a more verbose version of those coming into this thread to post things like "Looks shitty." It's fine if this isn't what you want. You don't have to like it. No one is saying you or anyone has to like it because it's a Zelda game. But you don't need to shit on what little has been shown just because you don't like the idea.

I never said that because of the footage shown. The footage looked like a Dynasty warriors game with Link it it. I am questioning however the potential. As I said before Dynasty Warriors lives from its mass of Characters you can play and I just can not see many playable Characters in a Zelda Version except different Link and Zelda's to be honest.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe dynasty warrior 1 or 2 was a big deal 10 years ago but trying to pass a dynasty warriors clone as one of your primary games for a plateform just stinks of desperation.

Who's saying that Nintendo's relying on this one game? Weren't there a ton of other announcements today?

Why didn't they take 1/10 of a percent of the BILLIONS they have just collecting dust and invest in an exiting novel Zelda project made by talented people instead?

Like Nintendo said they were doing? Isn't this part of the "let third party developers fuck around with our franchises while we cook up some awesome shit" strategy that began with Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem?

I should also point out that maybe Nintendo's getting Tecmo on this game to raise the funds for a new Zelda.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

FINALLY, A guilty pleasure and a beloved franchise are coming together for me, to be the BEST guilty pleasure.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Hailinel

@darji: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Zant, Sheik, Impa, Aghanim, Hilda...if they want characters, there are plenty to choose from, and they don't necessarily need to be crazy off the wall with the choices.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@darji: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Zant, Sheik, Impa, Aghanim, Hilda...

Gwonam?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

God, that title card reveal is sooooooooo fuckin lame, I love it.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Dynasty Warriors is basically CoD of the east, the same braindead gameplay with PSP-level textures over and over again. You guys would be appalled at Link calling in UAV airstrikes, but fine. But I have to give prop to Call of Duty trying to experiment with Zombies/Extinction. One Piece: Warriors Mouso proved Tecmo is only capable of reskinning their PS2-legacy Dynasty Warriors game.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@darji said:

I am sorry but i think it is a very dumb Idea. Zelda is a franchise with very few characters. Dynasty Warriors is a Series with tons of Characters. What will the Characters be? Adult Link, Windwaker Link, OOT Link. Awakening Link. Skyward Sword Link, Twighlight Priincess Link and then Zelda?

I 'unno, Zelda's brimming with supporting characters who could fill a Warriors slot if they wanted to. Like any one of Ocarina's Six Sages, Midna, Groose, the quad of Rusl, Ashei, Shad and Auru, Ralph, Byrne, Linebeck, and of course Zelda/Sheik... some of those would be goofy, sure, but nonetheless amazing to have has playable characters for once. Then there's the likes of Ganondorf, Agahnim, Vaati, the Skull Kid, Zant, Ghirahim, Dark Link, Twinrova, Onox, or Veran to make up a set of villainous (and also potentially playable) characters, to name a few.

Kinda depends if it ends up being a weird crossover thing or not, but there's definitely a pool for them to draw from. Playing as Rusl would make my day.

I'm pretty neutral about Warriors games, so I don't have any particular stake in this. It has potential to be interesting though. Too early to say.

(Oh, and this is probably where Fierce Deity Link finally shows back up)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#120  Edited By TheHT

@trafalgarlaw said:

Dynasty Warriors is basically CoD of the east, the same braindead gameplay with PSP-level textures over and over again. You guys would be appalled at Link calling in UAV airstrikes, but fine. But I have to give prop to Call of Duty trying to experiment with Zombies/Extinction. One Piece: Warriors Mouso proved Tecmo is only capable of reskinning their PS2-legacy Dynasty Warriors game.

Hokuto Musou is more of a brawler take on Dynasty Warriors hack and slash than a simple reskin.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, a departure from the norm is good for the series and it looks like hela fun. Now if they get the GC version of Soul Calibur the we'll be in business :)

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#122  Edited By Soap

Hyrule Warriors (Name Not Final) is now the official name of this game, that white text on a black background is possibly the funniest thing to be announced in years and I will never call it anything else. Ever.

Also, what a terrible terrible looking game!

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By LeYcH

Yes please.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

I consider this to be The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on acid.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

not the end of the world and yet not offensive enough for me to just sample. Probably the first dynasty warriors I have played since the second PS2 release, god those games are boring outside of a tech demo.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I feel like a Zelda game that focuses on combo-oriented combat is missing the point of what makes the Zelda franchise great.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@kishinfoulux said:

It's like people don't realize it's a side project. Relax.

It looks like a ton of fun. That's what games are about remember?

@darji said:

@taku128 said:

Nintendo you guys are in bed with Platinum Games, the best action game developer in town. Why wouldn't you get them to make a Zelda action game spin-off?

Because that would take effort?

More like because Platinum has somehow become super overrated. Bayonetta is the best thing they've made. Everything else is meh.

Metal Gear Rising was absolute awesome and so was Vanquish.

Metal Gear Rising was okay, but mostly a disappointment. Vanquish is...overrated...as...fuck.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kishinfoulux: Vanquish has the best gameplay of any third person shooter ever. I mean the story is whatever except for the last cutscene, but the gameplay is ridiculously good.

Loading Video...

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: Vanquish has the best gameplay of any third person shooter ever. I mean the story is whatever except for the last cutscene, but the gameplay is ridiculously good.

Loading Video...

Why is there so much blank space in this post? O_o

Anyways people always say that, but I don't see it. Played a bit of it and really didn't care for it.

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we've got:

• Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition
  • Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei
  • Zelda x Dynasty Warriors

What's next?

well.....I'm playing this and it's a lot of fun

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#132  Edited By shirogane

@andrewb said:

@bisonhero: That was my one and only thought as well. The only part of this game announcement that interests me is the reaction from the Giant Bomb crew.

Lucky you guys, and me, cause apparantly there's a live show tomorrow that's free for everyone. Pretty sure we'll get their reactions there.