So...I don't like Journey

• 74 results
Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It's about life man. The Journey is life.The point of life isn't that there's a grand story or what comes at the end, it's the experience.

And some really shitty stealth sequences. So yeah, I didn't much care for Journey either.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You aren't alone in thinking it's a bad game, there are plenty of other people that are just as wrong as you are.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That you say it's too easy indicates that you missed the point. It's no wonder you didn't like it.

Still, not everyone has to like the same things, so it's hardly the end of the world.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Not liking something doesn't automatically equate it to being bad.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably needs more tits and sick headshotz.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's fine. No need to justify it. People like and don't like different things. No big deal.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There are plenty of games that people universally like that I don't like.

That being said, I did like Journey.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Indeed, you're not the only one who didn't like Journey and not liking something is alright; people experience things in different ways. What I'm not clear on is the part where you say that you don't understand the reverence and praise the game received. Not liking something is one thing, but not finding it within or without yourself to understand why others might have a different appreciation of something is quite another.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@holycrapitsadam: I think it's pretty bad, too, don't worry. I've written stuff that explains why but no one wants to hear it.

I don't believe good art and music gives you a free pass on the gameplay end, where I think it's frustrating and poorly-designed. Beat it once on PS3 thinking that, just finished again on PS4 still thinking that.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l4wd0g: you were literally the only one who felt this way until this thread was made.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU SICK MONSTER.

Nah, it's whatever dude. I personally loved it, and it was one of the few *things* that has moved me to tears, but if it didn't click with you, then that's fine.

@rvone said:

Indeed, you're not the only one who didn't like Journey and not liking something is alright; people experience things in different ways. What I'm not clear on is the part where you say that you don't understand the reverence and praise the game received. Not liking something is one thing, but not finding it within or without yourself to understand why others might have a different appreciation of something is quite another.

For the reasons he stated I think it's perfectly fine for him to have stated that he doesn't understand why people like the game. The things which I and others took away from it as impactful and, frankly in my experience, having an authentic religious quality of experience, he instead took away as meaningless or poorly-implemented. I mean, I think he's entirely wrong, but I understand why he might not understand the praise unless someone sat him down and gave him a one-on-one dissection of what the game meant to them.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just wanted to troll that dude because his thing about "real complaints" was so hilarious

Congratulations.

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ok if you don't like Journey, having the wrong opinion doesn't make you a bad person :P

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I'm not sure I'll ever understand these contrarian validation threads. I mean the question of am I the only one to dislike <insert thing here> is an incredibly easy one to answer (the answer is "No you are not the only one" every time).

I'm sure they will keep happening until the end of time though

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No one person will enjoy something as equally as other. No one person (or even no group) will find the same meaning, reach the same outcome, or experinces taht same thing as others.

All we are free to do is pursue such things as we see fit and experiences tham as we find them...good, bad, or ugly nobody can experience or know the experience of anyone else. The fact is, each of us must filter the world through our own lens and we all do not have equal past experiences and thus will never have the same present and then future experiences. When one of us 'see' yellow we cannot know i anyone else is ever going to see that exact shade of yellow...mostly because (pssst...no human can see yellow thus no brain interprets what we know as yellow always the same way.)

All people are NOT created equally. We are not one size fits all and all baked the same way or with the same ingredients like loafs of bread; and so do we go on with life on equal or similar footings in life.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By EXTomar

@three0nefive said:
@turambar said:
@three0nefive said:
@tobbrobb said:
@three0nefive said:

Nope. You didn't actually like the game, it just tricked you into thinking it was good.

Journey is bad and you're wrong.

I'm so stealing this line!

It's true, though. The same way slot machines and freemium Facebook games convince you that you're having fun by showing you a bunch of pretty blinking lights and exponentially-increasing progress bars.

Artificial fun.

The difference between organic fun and artificial fun for the consumer is?

One is real and one is not.

Err...what? The gamer is playing something where nothing about its results or outputs exists. It is all in the imagination. To suggest one is real while the other isn't is illogical.

This is as silly as suggesting one book or movie is better because one had fun that was real while other did not.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Yeah, I just played it a few hours ago... It was OK? I guess? It sure did look pretty.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By RonGalaxy

Saying something is "overpraised" is a petty validation of personal opinion. People like it, they speak passionately about it; people don't like, and (usually) don't care enough to talk about it. This is why it seems "overpraised" in the gaming zeitgeist", but I can assure you just as many people dislike it as those who like it...

And there's the silent majority: those who haven't played it, or even heard of it. Don't take "consensus" from a small community so personally. Gaming is a lake in a vast ocean.

NecroMongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It must suck being dead inside.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I personally was not as awestruck by Journey as many have been, and I am aware that it is very much a case of aesthetic taste (or the lack thereof) that relegated me to the minority. That's just how individual preferences work.

On a much lighter note, I am immensely impressed by the level of intelligent responses and understanding in this thread. I've probably been scarred by too many rage-fuelled internet debates, by I usually wince in anticipation of fire and brimstone whenever someone expresses a contentious opinion. I am so glad to be a part of this incredibly intellectual community :)

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Your complaints aren't real complaints. You say it was too easy and short and neither of those are inherently bad things. Also I have no idea where the religion thing is coming from...

The game is about the stages of life. You start off the game waking up, seeing a goal, and making your way to that goal. You start innocent and carefree. Taking baby steps, learning your moves, then you go crazy and slide down a hill a few times. It's exciting and fun. Then you meet some terrifying enemies, then you go through a terrible snowstorm and collapse under the weight of all your troubles. The final sequence can symbolize life after death, being reborn, or even just getting through your hardships.

The meaty center of the whole experience IS THE CO-OP, by the way. It's anything but tacked on, don't say that. Finding that one person to go with you on your Journey is pretty much the whole point. You aren't alone on your life's Journey. I'm sorry you didn't get anything out of this amazing experience but hopefully I helped you understand why the game touched so many people on a deep level. It's one of the best games of all time

This, but with the addendum that it is cool that you didn't like it. The great thing about games today is that they are all over the place and there is something for everyone.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#75  Edited By nophilip
@humanity said:

It is a much better "game" than Gone Home was, as long as we're making controversial statements.

Preach it, brother.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pity your cold heart.

bavelb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm into deep, complex games with interlocking mechanics and if possible traditional narratives. So dark souls, bloodborne, witcher 3, bayonetta, bethesda rpg's, dota. Or if we limit it to indies, binding of isaac, spelunky, bastion.

I totally dont get the love for this either, but the onus is completely on me. I dont 'get' flower or unfinished swan either, I *find* them boring, simple and unchallenging. But that doesnt mean they *are*, cause then I'm just projecting my own interests.