How much have you spent on League of Legends?

• 83 results
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Yeah, yeah - League of Legends is a free game. Let's be real here, folks: you've spent money on it. So let's just fess up to it: how much money have you spent on League of Legends so far? Skins, champs, boosts, whatever you can think of. Now, of course, you can't give an EXACT amount since that isn't tracked or anything. However, just take a look at your account and give an approximate amount if possible.

Personally, I know I've bought a lot of skins. A LOT of skins. I own at least 1 skin for every champ that I own (and I own all but 10 of the champs right now). That's anywhere from 520RP - 975RP a piece (around $3 - $6 each). I also own every skin for Annie (except Goth), Malzahar, Fizz, Volibear, Cassiopeia, and a couple of others.

Therefore, given that I've only ever bought skins, I would say I've spent roughly $600 - $700 on the game so far.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jazzycola

Nothing. Though, I played more HoN than LoL but even HoN I never spent money on. Same goes for DOTA 2. I think paying for skins of heroes is kinda dumb which is why I'll probably never spend a dime in the future on DOTA 2.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By neoepoch

Too much. I like the characters a lot, so I get skins for ones I like. Yea it is a bit of a waste, but tbh the visual flare is nice and they have been really making a LOT of extremely high quality skins lately.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Freshbandito

@jakob187: If you go to the store there's a tab labeled 'Purchases' you can filter it to show only rp purchases and how much actual cash money you've spent on the game

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#5  Edited By Kidavenger

I bought a box copy of the game for $20, great game but I never understood the appeal of buying skins.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

@jakob187 said:

Yeah, yeah - League of Legends is a free game. Let's be real here, folks: you've spent money on it.

No, no I have not! And I feel damn good about it!

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By llamaegg

While I'm not 100% sure as I dropped out again after getting tired of attitude the community had (mind you, MOBA's seem to have one of the worst communities I've ever seen) and not having anyone to play games with, which is a shame I do enjoy it, I think I tossed $20 to it at some point. Figured they earned it for the amount of hours I tossed into it.

Maybe I should start playing/being bad at it again.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By mscupcakes

I've spent about €20 on getting the Cottontail Teemo and Nurse Akali skins. I haven't bought anything with RP that you can get with IP.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$20 on it, and that was 2 years ago.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By BaneFireLord

Nothing, because I never started playing it.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Loafsmooch

Probably somewhere below €15, mostly for ip boosts. Never was much into skins, don't see the point of them. I just like to pwn people :)

Have not played in several months though. D3 and DayZ took up my time instead.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By galiant

I bought a lot of skins and stuff while I was actively playing it. I feel okay about that, the game was free and the amount of hours I spent on it was well worth the money, I feel like I'm helping them keep the game going.

I haven't played League of Legends in a long time now though and I just got a Dota 2 invite, so I'll be playing that instead. It looks great so far, even if I've only played a bot game.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Canteu

I bought the game on steam, so whatever that cost at the time. Like £15 maybe?

It was just a bunch of champs and some RP.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187

Hrmmm...interesting indeed. I've heard there are people that don't spend money on the game. It's just weird finding out they do actually exist.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RTSlord

I have spent exactly nothing on it and i love it

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Levio

@jakob187 said:

Hrmmm...interesting indeed. I've heard there are people that don't spend money on the game. It's just weird finding out they do actually exist.

I heard Riot said only about 20% of the players spent money on the game. It's actually a pretty good rate for a game whose gameplay is entirely free.

EDIT: It's just a rumor

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blindisaac

I have a friend at school who will buy skins and champions on an account and then when he hits the cap he will either sell the account or just stop playing and start a new one and rebuy all of the stuff again. he has done it like 6 or so times over the course of 3 years. He has easily spent over $1000 on the game.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187 said:

Yeah it's weird isn't it? Especially when all of my LoL community interaction comes from the official forums, which are full of people who spend money on the game.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ulain

@Cloudenvy said:

@jakob187 said:

Yeah, yeah - League of Legends is a free game. Let's be real here, folks: you've spent money on it.

No, no I have not! And I feel damn good about it!

This is not the thread you're looking for. Go about your business, and move along ;)

Let's see, I spent about $30 on the Champion's Bundle, and probably another 80 since then on various champs. I've bought Super Teemo,Temple Jax, and unfortunately the Jayce bundle (honestly, for the 100th champ, I barely saw him) as far as skins go. Considering how much Mundo I play, I am *very* tempted to Rageborn when he's finally finished, although I hope they fix some graphical errors on him, otherwise I'll just pass; Corporate Mundo is way too expensive IMO.

The sad part is, most of the champs I spent RP on, I barely play. Kennen, Nocturne, and Skarner among them I believe. Sadder still is when I go on my smurf account (from those totally-not-my-fault suspensions) and only have access to free-week champs.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#20  Edited By Slag

Zero

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#21  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Far, far too much. Especially since I've dialed down my playing to at most a few times a month.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By slyspider

over 200$, i feel ok in supporting riot, without people like me they would have to charge for game

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JaredA

$0

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I have never tried LoL, but I have put a considerable amount of time into DOTA 2. Not sure why, but DOTA seems to appeal to me a lot more.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By ToxicFruit

i don't even want to know how much i have spent on it :(

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TobbRobb

Way too fucking much. I looked through my Bankhistory a few months back, and it was about $280. I've been a fairly active buyer since then, so I'd say slightly less than $400? Maybe more but I hope not.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Addfwyn

Not exactly sure, I've been playing since beta. I'd estimate around $200-300.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing, yet.

But I aim to buy Swain, Ziggs and Maokai when I can because saving up IP for those is not worth the effort.
And I've played enough of it over the years that I feel the money is justified.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By fattony12000

£0

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TehBuLL

Luckily nothing. But probably around $400 on a couple other free to play games combined.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By arkasai

@blindisaac said:

I have a friend at school who will buy skins and champions on an account and then when he hits the cap he will either sell the account or just stop playing and start a new one and rebuy all of the stuff again. he has done it like 6 or so times over the course of 3 years. He has easily spent over $1000 on the game.

Who the fuck would do this? This sounds like the definition of gaming insanity. Don't tell me they quit WoW to play LoL, cause for that money they could've kept their WoW subscription for the next 66 years.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blindisaac

@Arkasai said:

@blindisaac said:

Who the fuck would do this? This sounds like the definition of gaming insanity. Don't tell me they quit WoW to play LoL, cause for that money they could've kept their WoW subscription for the next 66 years.

Yeah he did move from WoW but his progression went WoW, Starcraft 2, then LoL. he likes to find money pits but at least he recoups some of the cost when he sells an account.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lagaroth

Roughly $100. But I've spent hundreds of hours playing it, so whatever.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By llamaegg

@blindisaac said:

@Arkasai said:

@blindisaac said:

Yeah he did move from WoW but his progression went WoW, Starcraft 2, then LoL. he likes to find money pits but at least he recoups some of the cost when he sells an account.

To each their own. Sure, it seems downright insane to us, but if it's not hurting anyone theirs not really any problem with it. Hell, my coffee table has nearing $2,000 worth of equipment on it, and my headphone setup is around $1,500, you could argue my purchases are more tangible, but frankly it boils down to being a hobby.

Now if we wasn't eating and couldn't pay his bills I would probably say something.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ulain

@blindisaac said:

I have a friend at school who will buy skins and champions on an account and then when he hits the cap he will either sell the account...

So they do exist. I always figured I was giving an empty insult, but there really are people stupid enough to buy an account for a free to play game. Unless this guy is selling them for chump change, I can't imagine them paying for anything but the level 30, if he's trying to recoup the RP champ costs.

What I'm trying to say is, bad players are likely buying his accounts, and I hate him for it :P

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

I've level 16-17, only ever played against bots. I have a few skins but they've all been free tie-ins. Still at zero dollars spent, but I have considered some of the skins.

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blindisaac

@llamaegg said:

@blindisaac said:

@Arkasai said:

@blindisaac said:

To each their own. Sure, it seems downright insane to us, but if it's not hurting anyone theirs not really any problem with it. Hell, my coffee table has nearing $2,000 worth of equipment on it, and my headphone setup is around $1,500, you could argue my purchases are more tangible, but frankly it boils down to being a hobby.

Now if we wasn't eating and couldn't pay his bills I would probably say something.

His hobby seems to be finding money pits. He said he used to be big into Warhammer/Warhammer 40K and Magic the Gathering for about 3 years and spent ridiculous money on that too. All of my friends are concerned over his LoL binges lol.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jakob187

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

Nothing, yet. But I aim to buy Swain, Ziggs and Maokai when I can because saving up IP for those is not worth the effort. And I've played enough of it over the years that I feel the money is justified.

Eh. It's about a week of solid play, which I can usually manage. Most people can't, though.

I will tell you this much: Tyrant Swain, Mad Scientist Ziggs, and Totemic Maokai are where it's at!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: I don't play pvp or co op vs ai however, just vs bots :P
Boring? Yes, very much so but I've had some experiences with randoms that made me want to give up on any sort of online ever.

No rush, enough games to play, LoL will be there waiting for me!
Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sayishere

I like to LOL, get it? LOL??!? LOL LOL

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mano521

none. play it a decent amount too

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42  Edited By JamesJeux007

I must have spent around 100€ on it. I only bought a champion/skin bundle once (Leona and her Valkyrie skin) and I bought the Champions bundle and the Digital Collector's pack. The rest is skins (usually when they are discounted). The thing though is that I play support almost all the time, so I don't feel obliged to buy every physical character that comes out (and there are a lot !). I must have played more than 1000 matches and I think this game is top notch so I wouldn't mind spending a little more, but I'm not playing that much anymore. Also, Steam Summer Sale xD

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By nintendoeats

Like 30 bucks?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kindgineer

About $100 total since it launched. I don't play the game anymore, I cannot take the harassment, but it was a blast while I did. There is an ego-boosting feeling you get when you have a cool skin.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Zero. I don't even know how to play, and when I tried to learn how to play, everyone just cussed me out and were a bunch of dick holes, so no thanks.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By llamaegg

@blindisaac said:

@llamaegg said:

@blindisaac said:

@Arkasai said:

@blindisaac said:

His hobby seems to be finding money pits. He said he used to be big into Warhammer/Warhammer 40K and Magic the Gathering for about 3 years and spent ridiculous money on that too. All of my friends are concerned over his LoL binges lol.

I have a hard time comparing tabletop gaming to mass spending in LoL, probably because I've been playing MTG on and off for the last 10 years and own a hefty Warhammer Fantasy WoC set so I'm kinda biased in this catagory. Saying that though I would honestly only be worried depending on how his money situation is, what his income is like, does he have a savings, is he tight on money, etc..

Dunno, I just don't have enough info to really say how unhealthy of a habit it really is, I mean, for example, if he spends $500 on a new account and sells it for $300 once he puts in, say, 50 hours, it doesn't really seem so bad. Still a bit weird either way!

blindisaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blindisaac

@llamaegg said:

@blindisaac said:

@llamaegg said:

@blindisaac said:

@Arkasai said:

@blindisaac said:

I have a hard time comparing tabletop gaming to mass spending in LoL, probably because I've been playing MTG on and off for the last 10 years and own a hefty Warhammer Fantasy WoC set so I'm kinda biased in this catagory. Saying that though I would honestly only be worried depending on how his money situation is, what his income is like, does he have a savings, is he tight on money, etc..

Dunno, I just don't have enough info to really say how unhealthy of a habit it really is, I mean, for example, if he spends $500 on a new account and sells it for $300 once he puts in, say, 50 hours, it doesn't really seem so bad. Still a bit weird either way!

He is a trust fund baby so there is no real worry with money except for when his parents get upset at the amount he spends on his hobbies every once on a while. I just got into Warhammer 40K ad he said he wants to start it again and play with me when we go back to school in the fall and from what I understand he hasnt played much LoL this summer. He likes to switch from hobby to hobby every couple of months from what I have seen. He was paying for drawing lessons back in January and then stopped that in march for LoL.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By scarace360

$0.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MeierTheRed

@jakob187 said:

Odd thing about F2P games, is that the people who never pay a dime for anything, have this weird sense of pride for it.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jrinswand

$0.00. To be fair, I only played it for like an hour before uninstalling it because it was so boring, like all other MOBAs.