Falafelwafer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thehumandove said:

@kedi2 said:

Mass Effect is hardly in need of saving.

I respectfully disagree.

Maybe saving is a strong word. But perhaps an intervention...

Or maybe it's the idiots who think that the game has to suit them and them alone who need the intervention.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire all Bioware employees, liquidate the company and sell the IP to Platinum Games.

As someone who liked ME3 oh god this would be so cool

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_ruiner said:

@thehumandove said:

@kedi2 said:

Mass Effect is hardly in need of saving.

I respectfully disagree.

Maybe saving is a strong word. But perhaps an intervention...

Or maybe it's the idiots who think that the game has to suit them and them alone who need the intervention.

You seem upset for some reason.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. Make the game an RPG again

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the fuck is up with the passive-aggressive new users lately?

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jerseyscum said:

@falafelwafer: The orgin story of the Reapers and the fall of the Prothean empire isn't critical plot information?

You mean information that is already present in the ending and information that we already knew from the very first game in the series?

The reaper origin explained in the Mass Effect 3 ending is vague and does not make much sense when combined with the events of the game. it's not until Leviathan that we actually get the full explanation of why the reapers came into being that made any kind of sense. As for the prothean thing, it may not have been plot critical but from a character standpoint from ashes was very important for Liara.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

decent list

I don't have much hope for it though. All the good writers and world builders are gone. All the risky gameplay experiments have been burned away. Joker's hat has glowy circuitry bits in it now though so maybe they're going somewhere with that.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@alexandersheen said:

What the fuck is up with the passive-aggressive new users lately?

I just like to assume they're old users that got banned and flag the posts without responding.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's pretty easy: Make it good.

That should do it.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Reaper origin as explained in the ending is exactly the same as what is explained in Leviathan.

So yeah, you haven't actually played the game. You're just another brain-damaged idiot who swallows down any bullshit that Retakers spout.

I would explain why that's not true but I am pretty sure I would just be met with more insults so I won't bother. I am curious why your so attached to this game though.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All this edge. Jeez...

ME3 was a disaster IMO. If they actually started anew with a different cast in ME4, add deeper RPG mechanics to it, make it less focused on waifu and sexscenes, we might get something worthwhile.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't enjoy mass effect

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Nekroskop

@falafelwafer: Why are you so hostile? Calm down, duder.

Edit: Getting threats on my wall. Cute...

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this edge. Jeez...

ME3 was a disaster IMO. If they actually started anew with a different cast in ME4, add deeper RPG mechanics to it, make it less focused on waifu and sexscenes, we might get something worthwhile.

I never thought the games had that much focus on romance, though BSN seems to think romance is the only thing that matters. I do agree that a new cast would be good and some more rpg elements could help freshen up the experiance.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't *want* another Mass Effect-style Mass Effect.

I want a Homeworld-esque strategy game about the war between the Alliance and the Turians.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's having a bad day. :(

I'm still cautiously optimistic about whatever Bioware can put out. I'd be greatly interested in a more character-led Mass Effect set on the Citadel, like someone mentioned before. This is in large part because I'm real tired of saving the universe in every game I play.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dasacant2

Yeah me too, best to just ignore him at this point.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@nekroskop said:

Yeah me too, best to just ignore him at this point.

Already flagged him like 4 times.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire all Bioware employees, liquidate the company and sell the IP to Platinum Games.

God no, I don't want a hack n slash Mass Effect game.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

5. Take Casey Hudson out back and beat him with a rake.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nekroskop said:

God no, I don't want a hack n slash Mass Effect game.

You could get that, or you could get God Hand. The latter would be the most exciting thing to happen to me since they brought back vanilla Coke.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ThunderSlash

Is... Is this what it's like to be on NeoGAF?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falafel said:

@haruko said:

Someone should beat you with a rake, you fucking bitch. Then take that rake and shove it up your ass.

You totally copy-pasted that threat from their wall. Low effort!

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falafel said:

@haruko said:

Someone should beat you with a rake, you fucking bitch. Then take that rake and shove it up your ass.

Your tears they're so delicious. But seriously don't let that man anywhere near Mass Effect ever again get Drew Karpyshyn back in there and have him unfuck the series.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen said:

decent list

I don't have much hope for it though. All the good writers and world builders are gone. All the risky gameplay experiments have been burned away. Joker's hat has glowy circuitry bits in it now though so maybe they're going somewhere with that.

Demonstrating that you're an idiot is the perfect way to make people care about your opinion, right?

Hey man, the people who built Mass Effect 1 are gone including the lead writer. They canned world exploration and spent time adding multiplayer with micro-transactions. I wish it wasn't the way it is either but hey, that's business I guess.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87  Edited By veektarius

I think the Mass Effect formula was good and much like DA2, it can proceed along the course the last installment set. The only thing they need to change is they need to stop cutting corners. If EA has learned the error of its ways regarding rushing out products to market, they will be good. Evidence does not currently suggest that this is the case (See: NBA Live/Battlefield 4). That's what you all should be worried about, not whether they can bring Casey Hudson back or whether the guns have ammo cartridges.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Mass Effect formula was good and much like DA2, it can proceed along the course the last installment set. The only thing they need to change is they need to stop cutting corners. If EA has learned the error of its ways regarding rushing out products to market, they will be good. Evidence does not currently suggest that this is the case (See: NBA Live/Battlefield 4). That's what you all should be worried about, not whether they can bring Casey Hudson back or whether the guns have ammo cartridges.

Yeah but heres the thing I would be happy to play a Mass Effect game with NO combat. The writing was the best part of the series and they've lost that as they try to make it more of a shooter and more mainstream. Also wow that dude is pissed at me for pointing out the the series plummeted in quality when Hudson took over.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falafel said:

@tourgen said:

@falafelwafer said:

@tourgen said:

decent list

Demonstrating that you're an idiot is the perfect way to make people care about your opinion, right?

Hey man, the people who built Mass Effect 1 are gone including the lead writer. They canned world exploration and spent time adding multiplayer with micro-transactions. I wish it wasn't the way it is either but hey, that's business I guess.

Wow, aren't you a lying piece of shit.

Go fuck yourself with a shotgun, cocksucker.

your impotent internet rage isn't doing any good. no one cares. why are you so angry? I mean, it's not even funny it's just a weird and random waste of energy.

but hey, I'll give it the college try if they bring back the Mako.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to be able to play as a non human. Maybe let me pick my race. Even a hanar or an elcor.

Yeah. That's what I want.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#92  Edited By veektarius

@tourgen said:

@falafel said:

@tourgen said:

@falafelwafer said:

@tourgen said:

decent list

Wow, aren't you a lying piece of shit.

Go fuck yourself with a shotgun, cocksucker.

your impotent internet rage isn't doing any good. no one cares. why are you so angry? I mean, it's not even funny it's just a weird and random waste of energy.

but hey, I'll give it the college try if they bring back the Mako.

I just wanted to talk about EA's financial problems again.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right, this topic is reminding me I hate Mass Effect fans. Oops.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is going on this thread?

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#96  Edited By TheMasterDS

I wish they hadn't retconned the isolation away. I always thought that, if nothing else, was cool about the ME3 ending. The completely utterly fucked state the world was in. I thought it fun to think about what would come of the Earth occupied by all the creatures of the universe trapped on a single rock for a change rebuilding something new. I liked to imagine a game set hundreds of years later. That'd be an interesting time for the world since given the Krogans only brought males to Earth they'd be aging out. That'd be an interesting angle to the Krogans. The rest would probably be fine. Also it's be interesting to see a lot more of Earth and, also, what all the aliens made of it to make it more like home.

Alas they removed all consequence from the ending. The next Mass Effect will probably feature the Normandy and the old crew and a new player character.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By development

Fire the entire writing staff and remove EA from the picture. That's how you save it.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One merely OK entry does not spell the end for a series, and two games in a row that sold well but didn't get great receptions definitely does not spell the end for a company.

Come back to me about "the fall of Bioware" when they're making games that people simply aren't buying anymore. Because we all know that all of you are going to buy Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age 3 in hopes of either praising it or bitching about it. Can't find a middle ground with any of you people.

Yeap I think this gent hit ye olde nail on it's head. I didn't think Dragon Age 2 was that great.... gonna be buying Dragon Age 3 day one. I hope you don't get in front of me to buy ME4 either, it would be painful ;\

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god the post cut off

WHAT DID BIOWARE DO TO YOU

Haha!

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Crembaw

@karkarov said:

@believer258 said:

One merely OK entry does not spell the end for a series, and two games in a row that sold well but didn't get great receptions definitely does not spell the end for a company.

Come back to me about "the fall of Bioware" when they're making games that people simply aren't buying anymore. Because we all know that all of you are going to buy Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age 3 in hopes of either praising it or bitching about it. Can't find a middle ground with any of you people.

Yeap I think this gent hit ye olde nail on it's head. I didn't think Dragon Age 2 was that great.... gonna be buying Dragon Age 3 day one. I hope you don't get in front of me to buy ME4 either, it would be painful ;\

I neither bought nor played either of those games, and I loved ME1 and 2. But I didn't buy ME3 or DA 2 because I didn't care anymore. Bioware is not making games that are for me anymore, and that's okay. It's clearly making them a shit-gazillion dollars, so what I want is p. much irrelevant. Such is.