40oz Fridays

ShtyBill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else buy a 40 today? I'm curious because I did. It has been a while, but the Beasties put a bug in my ear, and I had to do it.

I took Dans advice and bought two Mickeys for myself, and one ol E for my gf. I'm in Colorado, and getting 5.6 ABV :(. Horizon to follow. Should be amaze.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a Norwegian I have no idea what a 40 is. I have over time realized it's probably a bottle of 40 ounces of alcoholic beverage but I don't know what kind and why it's 40. It's kind of interesting to learn as it develops.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hnke

@hellbrendy: A kind of beer that is supposed to have a high ABV. But 5.6% just sounds like a scam, why is it so low compared to other states?

Where I live there's an inexpensive and heinous-tasting beer with 10.2% ABV that I sometimes get for fun. It's like drinking two beers at the same time. Not something I recommend drinking without having thoroughly paralyzed your taste buds beforehand though.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By xanadu

If you want high as fuck almost 9% alcohol rating and the taste of pure gasoline: Steel Reserve has got your back

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I could buy 40s!

For those located either outside of the states or in places where 40oz are hard to come by what do you use as your replacement?

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like spending money on drinking pennies, so I instead opted for a pack of budlight beer-itas which are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

There are craft beers with a higher ABV than 5.6%. You want an instant hangover in a can? Any of the Mike's Harder Lemonade/Sparks/4Loco malt beverages will do ya.

There's a beer that comes in a quart can called "Shipwrecked" that's a triple IPA that runs $8 and is 9% ABV.

As far as 40s go, Mickey's is the right choice, though.

@hnke: It's not really a scam considering how cheap it is.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Not sold in Florida.

This state sometimes.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I live in Florida, and there are no 40ozs sold, and since my local gas station didn't seem to have any traditional malt liquors, I got a large can of Watermelon 4 Loko and Apple Red's Hard Ale and watched 2 Fast 2 Furous and Tokyo drift with the commentary. The Reds was particularly vile, though I got used to it, despite being 4% lower in alcohol than the 4 Loko.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I managed to find a 32oz of Olde English and for my first real malt liqour experience I thought it was pretty good. I don't get why people hate on malt liquor as being terrible. It tasted like a Budweiser to me... yeah, it ain't an awesome trappist beer or nothing, but it was cheap and smooth.