5th July. London meetup. Raise your glass in memory of Ryan.

• 133 results
matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Matt is really cool.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

@matt said:

Matt is really cool.

I've met him before. He seemed alright.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#103 sweep  Moderator

@matt said:

Matt is really cool.

Seemed.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

@sweep said:

@fobwashed said:

@matt said:

Matt is really cool.

Seemed.

Yea, I don't wanna commit to alright in case he's actually an ass. From my brief encounter with Matt, he appeared to be a decent fellow. Still, not the type of guy I'd stop for if I saw him hitchhiking.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@james_hayward Sorry dude, I can't make it. Family planned a dinner with other relatives for tomorrow, it's a ramadan thing. Enjoy it though!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys afraid I've got a pretty big client I have to work over the weekend for so once again I'll have to flake on you, (being a freelance design hippy has its ups and downs...). Have a great time and raise a drink to Ryan for all us duders who couldn't quite make it! Hopefully we can arrange another meet up soon?

Zauzazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#108  Edited By Zauzazu

On the train into London now, hopefully I won't be too late. I'm currently wishing I owned a certain T-shirt featuring pink text on black.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zauzazu: I'm wearing 2010 members shirt!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw. Look for the dude with the Pirates t-shirt And the beard. That's my mate Nick. Way easier to recognize than me.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry I couldn't make it duders. I hope we can plan something for EGX this year. I've only ever met a couple of duders and I'm pretty awkward about it. I often leave with the other person seemingly confused by our interaction.

Omeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Omeister

Hey guys, Omar here (the one that wore the China Don't Care t-shirt), had a great time! Was really nice to finally meet some fellow duders! Hope we can do it again sometime and get some more people to come along as well.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By Jensonb

Hey guys, Paul here. This should clue you in to which one I am:

Loading Video...

Really great time hanging out with you duders, definitely think we should do it again soon. If for no other reason than that I need to avenge my narrow Cards Against Humanity defeat by Matt.

Zauzazu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gang Beasts was everything I thought it would be and more.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By GeneralBison

Michael here, the duder that bought "Cards". Great meet up, great games, great duders.

Thank you all for participating, as James (and Paul) said we need to do this again.

(mmmmm, socks stuffed with hot cheese)

Omeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still a little mad that James and Matt practically stole that one black card from me...

I was so sure I was gonna win that round!

Kittiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I literally cannot believe I only just saw this topic now. I raised my glass to Ryan alone instead, and now I'm kicking myself.

Any interest in making the GB London meet-ups a more regular event? Would love to meet some fellow duders, you guys seem like good people!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By extintor
No Caption Provided

Duders who didn't make it to the meet up... hopefully this photo gives you an insight into the kind of establishment it was. I don't think there's any other place quite like it (in the UK at least). Come to the next meet up!

Duders who did make it... hope you enjoyed the Gang Beasts, CaH, and rounds of Bourbon as much as I did.... and that any resulting hangovers aren't as severely debilitating as mine is right now..!

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_hayward: It was a blast, I'm up for any sort of London meetup in the future, just come up with any excuse!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By extintor
No Caption Provided
@generalbison & @jensonb synchronized threads. @omeister China remains unconcerned.
@generalbison & @jensonb synchronized threads. @omeister China remains unconcerned.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Gang Beasts is a video game
Gang Beasts is a video game
@matt Tech support @fumad0r Kebab support
@matt Tech support @fumad0r Kebab support
Meltdown is a ridiculous bar
Meltdown is a ridiculous bar
No Caption Provided

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great pictures, looks like you had a great time.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickscorner: It was pretty damn excellent, four player Gang Beasts is a blast

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kebab support best support!

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great stuff !

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man looks like y'all had a blast. Hope I can make it next time, I live in London but was in Spain when this happened. :D

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By extintor

@omeister said:

Hey guys, Omar here (the one that wore the China Don't Care t-shirt), had a great time! Was really nice to finally meet some fellow duders! Hope we can do it again sometime and get some more people to come along as well.

@jensonb said:

Really great time hanging out with you duders, definitely think we should do it again soon. If for no other reason than that I need to avenge my narrow Cards Against Humanity defeat by Matt.

@generalbison said:

Michael here, the duder that bought "Cards". Great meet up, great games, great duders.

Thank you all for participating, as James (and Paul) said we need to do this again.

(mmmmm, socks stuffed with hot cheese)

@matt said:

Kebab support best support!

@zauzazu said:

Gang Beasts was everything I thought it would be and more.

@sweep

@fumad0r

Deeno (sorry - didn't catch your forum name... is it @arork ?)

(and all the other guys whose names and forum names that I didn't catch when we were talking...)

You're a fine bunch of duders (yes, even Matt) Props to you all for coming.

@carlos1408 said:

Man looks like y'all had a blast. Hope I can make it next time, I live in London but was in Spain when this happened. :D

@kittiah said:

I literally cannot believe I only just saw this topic now. I raised my glass to Ryan alone instead, and now I'm kicking myself.

Any interest in making the GB London meet-ups a more regular event? Would love to meet some fellow duders, you guys seem like good people!

@generalbison said:

@james_hayward: It was a blast, I'm up for any sort of London meetup in the future, just come up with any excuse!

The next big Games even that I know of in London is EGX in September.

If people want to do another Giantbomb meet up around that date I'm happy to coordinate stuff.

And in the interest of avoiding anti-London forum beef, I'd also say that if someone wants to organize a UK meet up in another city, that'd be excellent and I'd be well up for going.

Kittiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Kittiah

The next big Games even that I know of in London is EGX in September.

If people want to do another Giantbomb meet up around that date I'm happy to coordinate stuff.

And in the interest of avoiding anti-London forum beef, I'd also say that if someone wants to organize a UK meet up in another city, that'd be excellent and I'd be well up for going.

I've already bought my ticket for EGX (full weekend), so yes, that'd be great. Count me in!

Would also be down for venturing out of the Big Smoke, I'd just love to get to know more Bombadiers regardless of host city.

- Kitt

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we can arrange a specific date (or several) for a meetup at EGX I'll order my ticket(s)

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Duders who didn't make it to the meet up... hopefully this photo gives you an insight into the kind of establishment it was. I don't think there's any other place quite like it (in the UK at least). Come to the next meet up!

Duders who did make it... hope you enjoyed the Gang Beasts, CaH, and rounds of Bourbon as much as I did.... and that any resulting hangovers aren't as severely debilitating as mine is right now..!

Really pissed off I couldn't make it - was sick as a pig all weekend - next time hopefully!

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By rahulricky

Looks like everyone had a good time, I'm glad! I had a bourbon with a single cube of ice in his honour too, wish I could have made it to the meet.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Great photos guys, glad you had a good time! Sad I couldn't make it there, already had a weekend away booked when I found out about it. Will have to keep an eye out for future events!

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I left london not two days before that. Really miffed I couldn't go :(

DavoTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am sad I missed this completely. I would have been there!

scarycrayons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in London on that day... but at the London Anime and Gaming Convention. I saw that one of the duders on the front desk at that con was a Whiskey/GB fan though! Props to whoever that duder was.

Wabashy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

you guys should all check this place out

Arcade Bar down in peckham, its pretty sweet and freeplay at the moment as it just opened!

http://londontheinside.com/2014/06/10/the-four-quarters/

https://www.facebook.com/fourquartersbar

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mattdragn: @fumad0r: @cryotorched: @pilotxian: @vivek: @unilad: @lysergica33: @craigymail: @mracoon: @lackingsaint: @arork: @optix12: : @gatehouse: @otakugamer: @mattjam3000: @omeister: @bolt3: @dankempster: @zauzazu: @otacon: @sweep: @matt: @assinass: @mrcraggle: @jensonb: @vahleticar: @carlos1408: @kittiah: @generalbison: @leebmx: @rahulricky: @scarycrayons: @sjupp: @davotron: (apologies if I've missed anyone...)

....for all those duders that wanted to but couldn't make this... and those that have posted above that they wanted another one - see here.