• 152 results
#1 Posted by MikeinSC (900 posts) -

Died due to natural causes while walking near his home. He will be missed. God help his wife and four children that he left behind with his unfortunate passing.

#2 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

This thread is going to get ugly quick

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7074 posts) -

Yeah this is gonna get ugly. As someone who strongly disagreed with Mr. Breitbart, I still recommend people be respectful.

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1632 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: that's the important part! Actually, those who are rude kind of negate their system of ideas, or their political party, or whatever. If you come in being disrespectful, how do you think it represents your party? That being said, I was never a fan.

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7074 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp

@MariachiMacabre: that's the important part! Actually, those who are rude kind of negate their system of ideas, or their political party, or whatever. If you come in being disrespectful, how do you think it represents your party? That being said, I was never a fan.

Exactly. Despite, on more than one occasion, calling him crazy, his passion for what he believed was one that those on my side, the left, need.
#6 Edited by falling_fast (2208 posts) -

umm. sure, I guess it's sad when anyone dies. So in that sense, yeah, this is sad.

#7 Edited by uniform (1835 posts) -

I'll be the first to admit I had to google the name to find out who the hell that is/was.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

I have no clue who the dude is so I don't have any pro or anti agenda towards him. So hey, RIP duder.

#9 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

So many Anthony Weiner jokes due to this man.... RIP

#10 Posted by Hero_Swe (1125 posts) -

Who is he and why should I care?

#11 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

i had no idea who he was until today but people on twitter say he was a bigot and asshole

#12 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4672 posts) -

@Hero_Swe said:

#13 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Oldirtybearon said:

@Hero_Swe said:

#14 Posted by BigDaddy81 (319 posts) -

@SlightConfuse: He was. Good riddance I say.

#15 Posted by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -

I have no idea who that is. So it sucks as much as all the other people who died today. RIP everyone.

#16 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

I didn't know who he was either. I looked him up on Wikipedia and found this:

In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick"and "a special pile of human excrement."

So why should anyone be mourning his death? He sounded like a real asshole.

#17 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

Rest in Chappaquiddick, shithead.

#18 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

"He was also known by his online username Jay444111"

WHAT THE FUCK.

#19 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

@N7 said:

"He was also known by his online username Jay444111" WHAT THE FUCK.

that's a no no shhhh

#20 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

<_<

>_>

*scampers away*

#21 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

<_<

>_>

*scampers away*

Yeah, I'm sure the noted cocaine and alcohol abuser was really killed be some kind of conspiracy and that natural causes isn't just a nice way of saying "he's fucking dead from years of abusing coke and booze." It makes perfect sense.

#22 Posted by SpaceRunaway (861 posts) -

I guess I feel bad for his family? To follow his manner of speaking of the dead, I have no qualms reusing the term "special pile of human excrement" to refer to him though.

#23 Edited by blueduck (964 posts) -
#24 Edited by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@BigChickenDinner said:

<_<

>_>

*scampers away*

Yeah, I'm sure the noted cocaine and alcohol abuser was really killed be some kind of conspiracy and that natural causes isn't just a nice way of saying "he's fucking dead from years of abusing coke and booze." It makes perfect sense.

I was trolling and people are actually thinking it was a conspiracy... damn I'm good.

#25 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Never heard of him. It's strange how you can check his Twitter and see that he last updated 11 hours ago. News travels so fast.

#26 Posted by dbol (92 posts) -

Sweet.

#27 Posted by Sergio (2080 posts) -

I would say it's a shame when someone dies so young, but the guy was a villain. While this may be sad for his family and friends, the world is better off without his vile vitriol.

#28 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Really hate when people make threads like this just assuming everyone knows who the hell it is or why anyone should care the person died.

#29 Edited by CrimsonNoir (401 posts) -

After reading about the stuff he's pulled the world is probably a better place without him.

#30 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

.........shit. RIP.

Despite what anyone wants to say, the guy still fought to expose corruption and inform people of the world around him. That's more than most can say for anyone we know in our own lives.

#31 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -
#32 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

And the Tea Party loses another great statesman.  Oh wait.

#33 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Guy was kind of a dick, I guess?

Empirically speaking, I cannot say with any certainty that my life has been improved or diminished in any way by this individual ceasing to be.

#34 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

a person died, that sucks. but he was a dick, so thats good. but he was still a living being who is no more, so that sucks. but why should we mourn a bad seed?  

#35 Edited by benson (318 posts) -

Hey everyone you should BEHAVE YOURSELF! BEHAVE YOURSELF! BEHAVE YOURSELF! BEHAVE YOURSELF! BEHAVE YOURSELF!

#36 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

@BigChickenDinner said:

@iAmJohn said:

@BigChickenDinner said:

<_<

>_>

*scampers away*

I was trolling and people are actually thinking it was a conspiracy... damn I'm good.

I don't believe that word means what you think it means.

#37 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

Saw his name, googled him, saw "conservative activist" and realized why people are talking smack about the guy.

#38 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@benson: Ah dude!  That totally sums him up.  I was going to write a lengthy piece on his utilsation of Matt Drudge but really, what more is there to say but STOP RAPING PEOPLE.
#39 Edited by benson (318 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@benson: Ah dude! That totally sums him up. I was going to write a lengthy piece on his utilsation of Matt Drudge but really, what more is there to say but STOP RAPING PEOPLE.

To be fair, "STOP RAPING PEOPLE" is a pretty sensible view. I guess it's kinda counterbalanced by how he advocated for right wingers to take their guns to the streets and execute leftists.

#40 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@benson: Ah dude! That totally sums him up. I was going to write a lengthy piece on his utilsation of Matt Drudge but really, what more is there to say but STOP RAPING PEOPLE.

Capcom could have used him at their Cross Assault show!

#41 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@benson said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

To be fair, "STOP RAPING PEOPLE" is a pretty sensible view. I guess it's kinda counterbalanced by how he advocated for right wingers to take their guns to the streets and execute leftists.

Exactly my point, he was almost the very definition of a contradiction in terms.
#42 Posted by alternate (2694 posts) -

some context for those of us who have never heard of him might be nice.

#43 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I feel sorry for his family, can't imagine what they are going through, but one of the only things I agree with Andrew Breitbart on is he didn't respect the dead just because they are dead.

He was a liar, shit slinger and bigot. He twisted information to further his political ideology. He was a disgusting man.

#44 Edited by qawsed (143 posts) -

He was a conservative blogger known for publishing embarrassing hidden camera videos of liberals. But more often than not, his videos were misleadingly edited and doctored. For instance, he published videos of someone pretending to be a sex trafficker asking advice from a housing agency for poor people. He doctored the video to make it look like the employees were aiding and abetting an underage sex trafficker. In reality, one of the employees informed the FBI, and in another the employee obviously thought it was a prank. These videos were used as evidence to cut off public funding to the organization, even though the unedited transcripts released much later exonerated everyone from any wrongdoing.

The same guy who made that video was later arrested for breaking into a federal office while posing as a telephone repairman. He also tried luring a liberal news anchor on to a "sex boat" filled with dildos and fetish gear to embarrass her.

Breitbart doctored a video to make a federal employee look racist and got her fired. He doctored video of a labor studies professor to make it look like he advocated violence. He tried to trap a NPR executive into taking donations from a terrorist. He misrepresented a video to make it look like a black congressman lied about being called the n word. Et cetera.

The only big news he broke that had any truth to it were the lewd photos that congressman Anthony Weiner resigned over.

#45 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I only just heard of him today, but it sounds like he was a deeply unpleasant person. I'm not sad about him going, I guess, but I hope that his family gets through this okay.

#46 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@zudthespud said:

I feel sorry for his family, can't imagine what they are going through, but one of the only things I agree with Andrew Breitbart on is he didn't respect the dead just because they are dead.

He was a liar, shit slinger and bigot. He twisted information to further his political ideology. He was a disgusting man.

Yep.  And those who support and wish him well are equally as disgusting.  What a shocker that this thread was started by another hateful bigot.
#47 Edited by CommonReason (109 posts) -

@alternate: He was a conservative writer who made a career out of misinformation. He is most well known for forcing the resignation of politicians like Shirley Sherrod and Anthony Weiner. HIs most well known tactic was to edit videos to show clips out of context and create controversy. It was the reason Sherrod was forced to resign. Same with the whole ACORN scandal involving and amateur journalist who dressed up as a pimp in order to ask for advice running a prostitution ring. Breitbart would take these out of context clips to networks (especially FOX News), who would keep them in the news long enough to create a scandal. By the time the facts came out, the damage had already been done.

#48 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -
#49 Posted by InsiderGamer (65 posts) -

@qawsed said:

He was a conservative blogger known for publishing embarrassing hidden camera videos of liberals. But more often than not, his videos were misleadingly edited and doctored. For instance, he published videos of someone pretending to be a sex trafficker asking advice from a housing agency for poor people. He doctored the video to make it look like the employees were aiding and abetting an underage sex trafficker. In reality, one of the employees informed the FBI, and in another the employee obviously thought it was a prank. These videos were used as evidence to cut off public funding to the organization, even though the unedited transcripts released much later exonerated everyone from any wrongdoing.

The same guy who made that video was later arrested for breaking into a federal office while posing as a telephone repairman. He also tried luring a liberal news anchor on to a "sex boat" filled with dildos and fetish gear to embarrass her.

Breitbart doctored a video to make a federal employee look racist and got her fired. He doctored video of a labor studies professor to make it look like he advocated violence. He tried to trap a NPR executive into taking donations from a terrorist. He misrepresented a video to make it look like a black congressman lied about being called the n word. Et cetera.

The only big news he broke that had any truth to it were the lewd photos that congressman Anthony Weiner resigned over.

Hey bro,

You sure some of that (especially the Sex Boat thing) wasn't James O'Keefe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O'Keefe

#50 Posted by Pandasteeler43 (44 posts) -

@InsiderGamer said:

@qawsed said:

Hey bro,

You sure some of that (especially the Sex Boat thing) wasn't James O'Keefe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O'Keefe

He was right about the sex boat, that was definitely O'Keefe. Anyways, it's always sad to hear of someone's untimely passing, RIP.