FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FourWude

*Puts on Scottish accent*

Ach wee jimmy, can ye believe it. The last king of Scoootland is the winner of wimbledon.

He fought for the Scooottish cause of Independence. And along with his grand pappy Alex Salmond, tore down the English fort of Wimbledon.

All Scots everywhere. Be prood.

Scottish Independence!!! Ye can nevah take oour freedom!!!

p.s. I'm not Scottish. I have no vested interest in anything I just posted.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Oi guvna', were it him that brought the Eenglish out a ta darkness an'a r'turn ta massive chalive back 'ome?!

Bloody 'ell, well done ol' chum.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FourWude

Somewhere in the US. Mel Gibson shed a single solitary tear today.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

He's gonna take that trophy up to scotchland, fill it with Irn Bru and deep fry it.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As someone else put it on twitter, and put it very well as well.
"So for the next 2/3 weeks we'll all consider Murray to be British and not Scottish.. As soon as he looses again you'll disown him #EveryTime"

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Good for him. The little I pay attention to Tennis suggests he's earned it.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

As a Scotsman born and bred this is a cause for alcohol

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jimbo

"So for the next 2/3 weeks we'll all consider Murray to be British and not Scottish.. As soon as he looses again you'll disown him #EveryTime"

What a unique and interesting perspective.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Wraxend

Haha loved how the BBC quickly killed the shot of Alex Salmond holding up the Scottish flag. Yet where quite happy showing David Cameron for long periods of time, slight biased me thinks.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

That guy on twitter misspelled "loses".

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

What a unique and equally interesting response.
It's true though, most people losing their minds of his win now will trash him the second he loses one of the unimportant events.
And all because they don't know any better.

Not talking about the fans who are actually behind their favorite player, athlete, team-whatever through thick and thin. Those people are alright.

@insane_shadowblade85: he did, and to think he's British as well. Mindblowing

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Nailed it.

It's really nauseating to watch the British public suddenly care about less popular sports merely because their representative teams are suddenly good at it. Happened with rugby ten years ago, cricket after that, and curling after that. Okay, maybe less so on the curling one.

Ah well, at least I can be assured the British teams will still be crap at football next year.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@zeforgotten said:

Nailed it.

It's really nauseating to watch the British public suddenly care about less popular sports merely because their representative teams are suddenly good at it. Happened with rugby ten years ago, cricket after that, and curling after that. Okay, maybe less so on the curling one.

Ah well, at least I can be assured the British teams will still be crap at football next year.

Mate, what are you on about? British player doing well or not, Wimbeldon has been always big here. Yeah, more people watch it when Murray/Robson gets to the second week and onwards, but Wimbeldon has always been a big event.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By natedawg_kz

I am scottish and l couldn't care less, l don't get the hype.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilnights: To be fair, happens everywhere.

Nations tend to latch onto winners. And tend to disregard losers.

But politicians latching onto sporting glory, and trying to claim a part of it themselves... that I will NOT tolerate.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@markini6 said:

@evilnights said:
@zeforgotten said:

Nailed it.

Mate, what are you on about? British player doing well or not, Wimbeldon has been always big here. Yeah, more people watch it when Murray/Robson gets to the second week and onwards, but Wimbeldon has always been a big event.

Yeah, Wimbledon has always been huge here! gg Murray! \o/

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaytow said:

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

Not really that unique, it's pretty much the shared thought in Scotland. In the papers and the news if Andy Murray is winning he's British if he's losing then he's Scottish.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting aside the whole Scottish/British thing it's good to see him get over the hurdle, he seemed heartbroken at losing last year so its good to see him fight back over and over again, in matches like the semi final, bouncing back to win Olympic Gold, the U.S. Open and now Wimbledon, we all like a comeback story.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wraxend said:

Haha loved how the BBC quickly killed the shot of Alex Salmond holding up the Scottish flag. Yet where quite happy showing David Cameron for long periods of time, slight biased me thinks.

Alex Salmond seeking attention and trying to hijack Andy Murray's victory and use it as a political platform? Sounds about right. Guy has no class.

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

It's true though, most people losing their minds of his win now will trash him the second he loses one of the unimportant events.

Not talking about the fans who are actually behind their favorite player, athlete, team-whatever through thick and thin. Those people are alright.

@insane_shadowblade85

: he did, and to think he's British as well. Mindblowing

You're telling me that sportsmen are typically more popular when they're winning?? Get the fuck out of town.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

@markini6 said:

@evilnights said:
@zeforgotten said:

Nailed it.

Of course it's always been a big event, but it's not been in the public eye to the same extent it is now since the Henman/Rusedski era (the latter, similarly to Murray, being either British or Canadian depending on his performance).

Admittedly, I work in betting at the moment and that might have coloured my perceptions some.

Quick, let's make this on topic: what was your favourite tennis video game?

Personally I was a Sampras '96 guy. J-Carts all the way, motherfuckers.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

@wraxend said:

Alex Salmond seeking attention and trying to hijack Andy Murray's victory and use it as a political platform? Sounds about right. Guy has no class.

@zeforgotten said:

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

@insane_shadowblade85

You're telling me that sportsmen are typically more popular when they're winning?? Get the fuck out of town.

Missing the point entirely.
Can't say I'm really surprised though

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

I think if Scotland gain their independence from the UK we should probably take Andy Murray as part of the negotiations.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jimbo

@jaytow said:

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

Not really that unique, it's pretty much the shared thought in Scotland. In the papers and the news if Andy Murray is winning he's British if he's losing then he's Scottish.

Yes, I know. It's a view which has been expressed at every possible opportunity for the best part of a decade. Not exactly a witty or insightful observation anymore. I always imagine it's said by the same idiots who shout 'Come on, Tim!' and think they're being funny.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Seauton
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BBC BREAKING NEWS.

Nationalist Englishmen have vowed to take revenge on "that scotchman", for stealing the cup, and for crimes to Wembley goalposts.

A picture of the terrorist group has been released below.

No Caption Provided

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Cirdain

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

@wraxend said:

@zeforgotten said:

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

@insane_shadowblade85

You really shouldn't be surprised, given how divergent your second post was from your first and how you reverted to blatant non sequitur logic in order to try and reinforce your original point.

Your original point was boring; your second post was merely stating the obvious. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jimbo

@jaytow said:

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

haha, well played

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's gonna take that trophy up to scotchland, fill it with Irn Bru and deep fry it.

Loading Video...
GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

SCOTLAND IS IN BRITAIN GUYS.

Scottish people are still British!

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

@jimbo said:

@wraxend said:

@zeforgotten said:

@jimbo said:

@zeforgotten said:

@insane_shadowblade85

You really shouldn't be surprised, given how divergent your second post was from your first and how you reverted to blatant non sequitur logic in order to try and reinforce your original point.

Your original point was boring; your second post was merely stating the obvious. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Well it help's me at least work out who the most pretentious person in this thread is

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

c'mon get it right up ye. ya beauty.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilnights: Was that the one with the 4 controller cart on the Megadrive? I remember that being brilliant.

@fourwude: As a Scot I can confirm most Chippy's are about that hellish. Plus Sanchez has an aunt there.. she say's it's quite nice.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thegoldencat7

Congrats to Andy Murray. That was powerful stuff. Not a big tennis fan, but its always great to see a Scottish champion.

fheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Between Murray and The Lions, it's been a great week for British sport!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all other sports I support our neighbours, unless they're against England. The only reason that British support for Murray works for me is Davis Cup = not England, not Scotland but Great Britain as a team.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For anyone who missed it the Del Potro Djokovic match was one of the best matches ever played; don't give two shits about the final.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andy Murray is the Tennisest. He has the most tennis. I've never seen someone tennis as hard as he did. SO TENNIS.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The US gets the same kind of weirdness when people from California don't want to be lumped in with Texas and vice versa.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1 said:

@fourwude: As a Scot I can confirm most Chippy's are about that hellish. Plus Sanchez has an aunt there.. she say's it's quite nice.

Well according to Dagless. She's wrong.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The funny thing is that Brits are taking the win for them not the Scotts. Also, Andy need to thank Del Potro since he tired Djokovic, the semi-final was 4 1/2 hours. At least, half of the trophy belongs to Argentina.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By EVO

I can't stand Murray, especially his mother, but dude deserved it.

RetroBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RetroBob

@jaytow said:
@jimbo said:
@zeforgotten said:

Then it is a completly in your own minds - the British public supported him since he grew out of Henman's shadow (was he another loser we didn't support?) - it's very British to support the underdog anyway so it's bananas to assume otherwise, unless of course you want to be intentionally anti English.