Angry Rant!

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

Edited By AlexB

After I got done with my classes for the day, I went out to my car to drive home. And what did I find attached to my windshield? A ticket. What could this possibly be, I have done nothing wrong here? So first off:

For the record I am parked within all the lines perfectly

Do you see anything wrong here?

So I inspect the ticket and I see that I have gotten a 15$ ticket for "parking against the flow of traffic." 
Alright I thought, yes I am, and this is a crime? I scanned the parking lot and saw other cars doing the same thing as me, and low and behold all of them had tickets as well. 

So really what the fuck am I doing wrong? This isn't illegal. If you go to a target or a mall or anything else like this, you will not find a ticket on your windshield. Why? Because ITS NOT FUCKING ILLEGAL!!! I don't care that it's only 15$, it's the principle. Honestly no where in the entire parking lot does it say you can not do this, and I was never alerted of this when buying my parking pass. Sure, ignorance isn't an excuse, but honestly how the fuck was I to know? All my life I have been parking like this and I HAVE NEVER heard of anyone being punished for it. And really what am I doing wrong? I am within my space. I am not obstructing anyone else's spot. Nothing about me being parked in that direction has any unusual effects than just parking in the other direction. So what the fuck? Seriously this pisses me off. Has our economy got so bad that colleges have to nickel and dime people for not doing anything wrong. I'm already paying for your god damn tuition and books, What do you want from me? seriously my school is run by a bunch of fucking Nazi's I swear. But honestly what is wrong with this? Theoretically it is more efficient than the other way. All I have to do is put it into Drive and turn left, instead of putting it in reverse and backing out. Backing out you run the risk of hitting something because of blindspots, or getting in a fender bender with another car. This literally is the safest way to pull out. But you say, "Ohh but its in the wrong direction of traffic." Big fucking deal, I just turn the wheel to the left and pull out. WHERE IS THE FUCKING CRIME HERE????? 

Needless to say I am going to go in tomorrow and ask to see the highest up official and complain to him. I am going to bitch the fuck out of him, just for allowing this stupid bullshit to happen. We shouldn't be punished for doing something we do every week in other places. 

Look I know this doesn't apply to anyone but me, but I need to vent. URRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AlexB

After I got done with my classes for the day, I went out to my car to drive home. And what did I find attached to my windshield? A ticket. What could this possibly be, I have done nothing wrong here? So first off:

Do you see anything wrong here?

So I inspect the ticket and I see that I have gotten a 15$ ticket for "parking against the flow of traffic." 
Alright I thought, yes I am, and this is a crime? I scanned the parking lot and saw other cars doing the same thing as me, and low and behold all of them had tickets as well. 

So really what the fuck am I doing wrong? This isn't illegal. If you go to a target or a mall or anything else like this, you will not find a ticket on your windshield. Why? Because ITS NOT FUCKING ILLEGAL!!! I don't care that it's only 15$, it's the principle. Honestly no where in the entire parking lot does it say you can not do this, and I was never alerted of this when buying my parking pass. Sure, ignorance isn't an excuse, but honestly how the fuck was I to know? All my life I have been parking like this and I HAVE NEVER heard of anyone being punished for it. And really what am I doing wrong? I am within my space. I am not obstructing anyone else's spot. Nothing about me being parked in that direction has any unusual effects than just parking in the other direction. So what the fuck? Seriously this pisses me off. Has our economy got so bad that colleges have to nickel and dime people for not doing anything wrong. I'm already paying for your god damn tuition and books, What do you want from me? seriously my school is run by a bunch of fucking Nazi's I swear. But honestly what is wrong with this? Theoretically it is more efficient than the other way. All I have to do is put it into Drive and turn left, instead of putting it in reverse and backing out. Backing out you run the risk of hitting something because of blindspots, or getting in a fender bender with another car. This literally is the safest way to pull out. But you say, "Ohh but its in the wrong direction of traffic." Big fucking deal, I just turn the wheel to the left and pull out. WHERE IS THE FUCKING CRIME HERE????? 

Needless to say I am going to go in tomorrow and ask to see the highest up official and complain to him. I am going to bitch the fuck out of him, just for allowing this stupid bullshit to happen. We shouldn't be punished for doing something we do every week in other places. 

Look I know this doesn't apply to anyone but me, but I need to vent. URRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I remember studying the Nazis in school, but never once did they mention their strict traffic laws. Is anybody else clueless, or did I sleep through the part where they discussed how Hitler parallel parked?

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlexB
@Video_Game_King: You are too funny =)
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
@Video_Game_King said:
" I remember studying the Nazis in school, but never once did they mention their strict traffic laws. Is anybody else clueless, or did I sleep through the part where they discussed how Hitler parallel parked? "
Ich will investigate das parallel parked tank! 
Ist das your tank Mr. Tiny Jew-Hater?! 
15$!! .. 
No wonder the dude was pissed.. 

But on topic. No wonder that the OP is pissed too. 
That is possibly the most retarded thing I have ever seen.  And I won't be surprised to see more of those dudes who's gotten a ticket for that shit down there with you man.  
the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By the_stig

That is a stupid ticket.  I have heard of getting a ticket for that if you are parking on a one way street not in a parking lot though.  Plus why do you still use a club?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

That is pretty stupid...

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlexB
@the_stig said:
" That is a stupid ticket.  I have heard of getting a ticket for that if you are parking on a one way street not in a parking lot though.  Plus why do you still use a club? "
lol my car has been broken into 3 times (granted it is a Honda), never stolen though. However, my brother who went to the same school, got his car stolen out of this same parking lot. The county jail is like 10 miles up the road, and people who get released come down and steal things notoriously. So I'm just saving myself some hassle. lol
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
@AlexB said:
" @the_stig said:
" That is a stupid ticket.  I have heard of getting a ticket for that if you are parking on a one way street not in a parking lot though.  Plus why do you still use a club? "
lol my car has been broken into 3 times (granted it is a Honda), never stolen though. However, my brother who went to the same school, got his car stolen out of this same parking lot. The county jail is like 10 miles up the road, and people who get released come down and steal things notoriously. So I'm just saving myself some hassle. lol "
The Honda part was what I was thinking you've gotten a ticket for when I saw the picture. 
But I wasn't sure if it was safe enough to mess with you since you seemed so pissed :P
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Gizmo
@AlexB said:
" After I got done with my classes for the day, I went out to my car to drive home. And what did I find attached to my windshield? A ticket. What could this possibly be, I have done nothing wrong here? So first off:

Do you see anything wrong here?  So I inspect the ticket and I see that I have gotten a 15$ ticket for "parking against the flow of traffic."  Alright I thought, yes I am, and this is a crime? I scanned the parking lot and saw other cars doing the same thing as me, and low and behold all of them had tickets as well.   So really what the fuck am I doing wrong? This isn't illegal. If you go to a target or a mall or anything else like this, you will not find a ticket on your windshield. Why? Because ITS NOT FUCKING ILLEGAL!!! I don't care that it's only 15$, it's the principle. Honestly no where in the entire parking lot does it say you can not do this, and I was never alerted of this when buying my parking pass. Sure, ignorance isn't an excuse, but honestly how the fuck was I to know? All my life I have been parking like this and I HAVE NEVER heard of anyone being punished for it. And really what am I doing wrong? I am within my space. I am not obstructing anyone else's spot. Nothing about me being parked in that direction has any unusual effects than just parking in the other direction. So what the fuck? Seriously this pisses me off. Has our economy got so bad that colleges have to nickel and dime people for not doing anything wrong. I'm already paying for your god damn tuition and books, What do you want from me? seriously my school is run by a bunch of fucking Nazi's I swear. But honestly what is wrong with this? Theoretically it is more efficient than the other way. All I have to do is put it into Drive and turn left, instead of putting it in reverse and backing out. Backing out you run the risk of hitting something because of blindspots, or getting in a fender bender with another car. This literally is the safest way to pull out. But you say, "Ohh but its in the wrong direction of traffic." Big fucking deal, I just turn the wheel to the left and pull out. WHERE IS THE FUCKING CRIME HERE?????   Needless to say I am going to go in tomorrow and ask to see the highest up official and complain to him. I am going to bitch the fuck out of him, just for allowing this stupid bullshit to happen. We shouldn't be punished for doing something we do every week in other places.   Look I know this doesn't apply to anyone but me, but I need to vent. URRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!! "

No Caption Provided
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hitchenson
@AlexB said:
" @the_stig said:
lol my car has been broken into 3 times (granted it is a Honda), never stolen though. However, my brother who went to the same school, got his car stolen out of this same parking lot. The county jail is like 10 miles up the road, and people who get released come down and steal things notoriously. So I'm just saving myself some hassle. lol "
That's awesome.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool

It is illegal to do that in my country, but it isn't one really enforced - except if you park on the side of the road, facing the traffic (if you know what I mean). 

Clearly your council needs revenue, but I am guessing you are technical wrong and there is nothing you can do about it. 

Where I am, you can get a ticket for leaving your car unlocked.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AlexB
@ZeForgotten: lol I really take no pride in my car or anything, so bash all you like, it's reliable and gets the job done, so I can't complain.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By brukaoru

If there is nothing to indicate that you have to park a certain way, then why the heck would they give out tickets? That's pretty stupid. :/

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeforgotten
@AlexB: And that's what a car should do. Get you from A to B..  
I don't get why some people are all over their cars like it was their lover. :P  

Anways, I've wasted enough of your time already. You gotta get that thing heated, kickstarted, then try to drive it, engine stops then repeat.. :D 
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Seedofpower
@AlexB: What state/country do you live in?
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AlexB
@Seedofpower: Washington State, USA lol
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RetroIce4

Evil cops. Giving out stupid tickets.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seedofpower
@AlexB: Damn, dude cops must really have nothing to do in your state for giving tickets for "parking against traffic." You should move to Fl where cops are too busy trying not to die or stopping people from throwing babes off of bridges.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By rjayb89  Online

$15?  Man, that's a month of WoW gone.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By jkz
@Seedofpower said:
" @AlexB: Damn, dude cops must really have nothing to do in your state for giving tickets for "parking against traffic." You should move to Fl where cops are too busy trying not to die or stopping people from throwing babes off of bridges. "
Or, of course, you could come to Baltimore, where the cops have just given up.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AlexB
@Seedofpower: It's actually campus security. Which is why its such a minimal fine. But it is there property so they can rule it however they want. It just sucks they are so strict.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AlexB
@PeasForFees:  No that's not how it happened. I was in the the right lane (as in good) (not going into oncoming). I turned left and pulled past the first open parking spot and into the one you see in the picture. If you can imagine that. No backing in necessary. I did this so I could just pull out and not have to back out later. As most people do.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By dbz1995

In the picture, can't you see the bazooka and MP40 hidden in the back? You should be considering yourself lucky you just got a ticket...

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26  Edited By Symphony

That's a strange reason to get a ticket.. especially in a parking lot... =/

Your best bet would to NOT act like a douche when contesting the ticket, however. Be polite, honest and professional. If the parking lot has no signs to inform people of such a violation, the responsibility really is on their shoulders to inform people about it. If they have failed to do so, you should have a legitimate reason to contest the ticket.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Scooper

It sucks but what can you do except park like they want you to do in the future.

Ps. THOSE PARKING SPACES ARE FUCKING HUGE!

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlexB
@PeasForFees: I realize that now. But before I had no idea, and was just performing a social norm.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oldschool
@AlexB said:
" @PeasForFees: I realize that now. But before I had no idea, and was just performing a social norm. "
Good etiquette would be for the school to put out a warning first, to educate commuters that they wanted it to stop.  This is just a money grab and quite horrid.
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Bruce
@AlexB: 

Well no duh, they just broke out of jail and need some wheels!
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By Akeldama

dude its $15. If you go and flip out at everyone for a $15 ticket, you are just gonna come off as poor.