Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@animasta said:

@bocam: wait what's it about?

radical intro regardless

From what they've said, it's mostly side stories not from Okabe's POV. I'm pretty sure the writer of 999 and VLR worked on the story.
It may also lead into the movie.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5002  Edited By Animasta

@bocam said:

@animasta said:

@bocam: wait what's it about?

radical intro regardless

From what they've said, it's mostly side stories not from Okabe's POV. I'm pretty sure the writer of 999 and VLR worked on the story.

It may also lead into the movie.

wonder if this'll have the stuff from suzuha's perspective, specifically some of the things they did in the manga; show the dystopia wrought by SERN and what not.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

EDIT: Oh, the 5000th post. Congratulations, us. Or should I say Omedetou!

Oh god why did I watch all of that

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody looking forward to the 2013 JJBA game?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5005  Edited By Cloudenvy

@alexandersheen said:

Fuck, why did I click that.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5006  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@cloudenvy said:

@no0b0rama said:

@alexandersheen said:

I take responsibility for nothing. You guys should thank me for not choosing this one instead. NSFW, kind of

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy said:

@no0b0rama said:

@alexandersheen said:

I take responsibility for nothing. You guys should thank me for not choosing this one instead. NSFW, kind of

Why did I know what that video was going to be before I clicked it?

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#5008  Edited By metalsnakezero
Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only good idol anime is Puchim@s and that's because it knows how fucking dumb it is

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happened to the plethora of action shows like Naruto and Bleach?

Did that genre die out? I am an avid modern anime fan, but I wish I had a serious show to watch every week, alongside the shows about cute girls doing cute shit.

Anyway, has there been any word on how long the mecha(?) show by the people who did FMA will be? That looked really interesting.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5011  Edited By metalsnakezero

@azurath: It could be that Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece have kinda taken over that part of anime genre and it pretty hard to make something new. Personally, I think that type of genre will come back since there is too many cute girl shows now and many are dropping in quality.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Getting ready for all of the feels I'm going to have when watching this. </3 It's nice to see Shinkai returning to what he does best instead of the B-level Ghibli stuff he tried last time.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy: Wow, that looks super nice and Hanazawa Kana voice an adult, that pretty nice change for her.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Some /a/nons translated the 5th OVA of Seitokai Yakuindomo. Spoiler alert: except for maybe the beginning the joke is pretty much the same in all sketches.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5015  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Wait wait wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait, so, regarding Sasami-san, is Sasami's brother...

...really her dad?!

Rehtayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5016  Edited By Rehtayne

It sure feels like it's taking Robotics;Notes forever to get anywhere.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

JoJo episode 20 was one of the best episodes of anything I've seen. Really fantastic directing and sound/music work. And actual real animation too. And manly tears. Also disco bubbles.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait wait wait waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait, so, regarding Sasami-san, is Sasami's brother...

...really her dad?!

Maybe... I can't actually remember. Japanese myths are full of incest.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

@babychoochoo said:

...really her dad?!

Maybe... I can't actually remember. Japanese myths are full of incest.

come on now...

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5020  Edited By Mezmero

JoJo is so good. The manga art is legendary as it is but adding color to it brings the funk into a whole new level, the rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble. If I said it once I'll say it again: Go! Go! Zeppeli! Speaking of manly cartoons Ashita no Joe is fantastic. Probably my favorite main character in a sports anime ever. I've thought about watching the J-drama but something about that classic 70's art style I find oddly endearing.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to make an incredibly bitchy post now, so if you're not into that you might as well look away now!

Link to movie trailer for Aura since the video embed option is broken for me right now.

Panning stills and speedlines? How in the world is this even allowed to be in theaters? This just sad AIC A.S.T.A, this is such a new low that I can't be anything but annoyed. It's not even low movie quality, it's barely good TV quality.

Ugh, just ugh.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5022  Edited By metalsnakezero

@cloudenvy: Yeah, I don't see this being a film. Also looking at what the show about I don't see it having enough to hold a movie audience attention. This is more like a straight to dvd movie.

Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JoJo episode 20 was one of the best episodes of anything I've seen. Really fantastic directing and sound/music work. And actual real animation too. And manly tears. Also disco bubbles.

Those fuckin' disco bubbles. So great.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5024  Edited By toowalrus

Full moon tonight, and out of sheer coincidence, I was driving toward it while it was right on the horizon, making it look eerily huge and beautiful.

...and I only mention this because of the Persona 3 Movie website, which they've already said probably won't be updated until spring. Still though, I did what I've been doing every full moon for the past eight months or so- play the Persona 3 soundtrack in my car. I always forget how much I love that CD- I think that song "Want to be Close" is my favorite- partially because it kinda reminds me of Detana!! TwinBee, but also because it reminds me that the moment in Persona 3 FES where you start exploring Gekkoukan High and that music starts playing is the moment I knew I was going to love that game, and god damn it, I was right.

Shinmaru007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy: It's Tanaka Romeo, I'll watch it no matter what.

T1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally was never an Anime fanatic however, I always though Dragon Ball Z was bada$$.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished Honto ni Atta! Reibai Sensei the past weekend. Not the prettiest anime around. I'd say it's a tiny step above web flash animation, but damn if I didn't find it funny. The humor is similar in format to Gintama or Cromartie High School, but in only 5 minute chunks. Shows that short can be hit-or-miss and Reihai Sensei is no different. Some episodes gave me a good chuckle while others...well, they're over in 5 minutes so it's not that difficult.

I've also started Shinrei Tantei Yakumo. I'm 4 or 5 into it. It's not bad. A little slow so far but each episode contains a single case. There is a back story that is building up, too with mysterious characters lurking in the shadows. It's too early to say either way, but I was in the mood for something low on fighting with some paranormal investigating. I was going to watch some more XXXholic, but I decided to try this instead. I'm not upset.

No Caption Provided

I watched some more Naruto Shippuden over the weekend, too. I'm still at 247 out of 300. Damn me if you will, but I like it. Not as much as One Piece, but damn it, I like it and I like Fairy Tail, too. It's hard to gauge what's "cool" on the internet these days. I've long since resigned myself to being uncool. Hell, I was going to anime conventions when it was still called "Japanimation" and whether or not a show was cool wasn't in question. Every show was uncool and people responded, "You still watch cartoons?" Times change and now people have opinions. Just as how music tastes used to define someone to their peer group, anime does within the viewing community. I'm simple and a soft touch, so I am always going to be uncool.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5030  Edited By Cloudenvy

And I think we all owe @TooWalrus a thank you for doing his Persona 3 soundtrack ritual, because somehow it's made them release 3 whole drawings after 9 months. Maybe I should join in on the ritual and pray that it won't be AIC A.S.T.A handling it.

No Caption Provided

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy: I bet it still them but Persona is too big of a series to be cheap on.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust: it's not the fact that naruto is uncool, it's that it's bad. My friend watches it and acknowledges this fact :)

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5033  Edited By Petiew

@metalsnakezero said:

Persona is too big of a series to be cheap on.

No Caption Provided

You sure about that?

Oh and thanks to everyone for the suggestions a week or so back. I'm goingt make my way through Psycho Pass and Chihayafuru, have already caught up to Love Live.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5034  Edited By toowalrus

@petiew said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Persona is too big of a series to be cheap on.

You sure about that?

Oh and thanks to everyone for the suggestions a week or so back. I'm goingt make my way through Psycho Pass and Chihayafuru, have already caught up to Love Live.

Oh man, it's not all bad, remember that time there were TWO CHIES. Those were the days.

No Caption Provided

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew: @toowalrus: That was when they had to air an episode per week, P3 will be a movie meaning that they are taking their time to get things right because it going up on public movie theaters.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5036  Edited By Bocam

@metalsnakezero said:

@petiew: @toowalrus: That was when they had to air an episode per week, P3 will be a movie meaning that they are taking their time to get things right because it going up on public movie theaters.

Except that's wrong. Anime production doesn't work that way.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam: Well whatever the case their not going to mess up something like this.

Anyway, let see some dancing:

Loading Video...

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime companies are the master of going cheap where its gets hard to keep up the budget and quality when they need to farm out a few episodes in the middle to fourth string companies to complete the work. It is part of the reason why I am a big fan of keeping series and seasons under 12 episodes.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalsnakezero: It's not about messing up, more about AIC A.S.T.A's lack of animation talent. It shows in just about everything they do, including the Aura movie trailer I linked earlier in this thread. That trailer looks like a mediocre TV show and it's insane that it's airing in theaters.

@toowalrus:@petiew: If you guys think that is bad, you should see some of the in-between frames I spotted during the TV broadcast.

No Caption Provided

Best face.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh damn TWO Chie's! That is pretty damn funny

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5041  Edited By metalsnakezero

@cloudenvy: Well so far they haven't say who producing it and maybe Index/Atlus had looked to someone else to handle the movie (Anime News Network has it as Aniplex and Persona 3 Movie Committee).

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, animation got lower in quality in recent years. But if you can not look very hard at it and just live in blissful ignorance, you can have a good time. I mean I watched P4A from start to finish and I didn't noticed the double Chie thing. MY MIND!

RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5043  Edited By RWBladewing

I have very low standards for animation quality but this season's Da Capo III has had enough blunders that even I have taken notice. Characters are consistently off-model, large portions of each episode are composed of ultra-close-up still frames of a character's face/hair/naughty bits, and there have been several other issues like a character "teleporting" between 2 different locations in the same scene.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this week's chapter of Medaka Box is fucking stupid. Also, apparently Medaka Box is ending.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5045  Edited By Petiew

@cloudenvy: chee it hertz to liv

@toowalrus: Still makes me laugh. I remember there being a scene early on where the team are at Junes and Yosuke keeps disappearing, I think they forgot to draw him in.

Shinsekai Yori manga getting an official translation over the novel is a huge bummer. It's got lots of fanservice that kind of ruins it. (I wonder if it'll even be legal to own in the UK) I feel like it'll sell poorly and we'll never get the novel.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5046  Edited By Hunter5024

@penguindust: I'm a little late on this, but hell yeah Naruto!

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if it has been discussed here yet, but what are everyone's feelings on Fairy Tail ending?

I personally have no attachment to the series, but I can understand why people would be fucking pissed about it. It is also apparently mid-arc, which if true, is a pretty big slap in the face to fans. Production costs are really high, and not everyone can keep up, but I always saw Fairy Tail as "the next big thing". I was actually surprised when I found out it is a relatively old series.

Soul Eater, Naruto, Bleach, and now Fairy Tail are all rumored to be ending soon, so what's next for the Shonen genre?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My two initial thoughts are:

- "Wait, Fairy Tail is still going?" which I say in jest because anyone who has been around fandom knows series like this run forever which loses all sense of progression and meaning for everyone but the hard core fans.

- "Wait, Fairy Tail is ending??" It always felt to me that there were too many of the "juggernaut series" where Fairy Tail seemed like the smallest of the bunch.

In other news, I am eagerly waiting for Railgun S! Please don't suck!!

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5049  Edited By Petiew

@azurath: The manga is ending, or just the anime adaption?

I read it weekly a long time ago, but just got bored with it over time. It's a super generic battle shonen, even as someone who enjoys One Piece a ton I thought the power of friendship stuff got far too ridiculous. Like Rave it started promising but personally I think they both got too convoluted and tiring. I've heard a lot of complaints about deus ex machina wins and powerups too. When I stopped reading I remember there being Gerard overload.

It's quite a popular series, so I guess people are freaking out over this?

Edit: Seems like it's only the anime that's ending. That's not really that much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Means they won't be blowing their budget on filler since the anime is apparently catching up quickly.

One Piece is still running, so shonen battle manga is set for the next 10+ years. Jump have been trying to push Toriko too.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5050  Edited By Bocam

Wolf Children is pretty weird, mostly because there's bestiality that comes out of no where.