ATTN: All people who use a wirless connection with Windows Vista

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By Bwast

I use Vista and have a wireless connection. Thrilling. But what wasn't so thrilling was the lag I was getting when I would play any game online. Every 20-60 seconds, I would get like a 1-3 second hitch, causing my connection to basically stop working. In TF2, for example, my dude would stop running and that red text would come up in the top right saying there was something wrong with my internets. I just thought that it had something to do my hardware(router, adapter etc) BUT what is really wrong is something with Vista itself! Apparently Vista(and apparently XP too but I wouldn't know) automatically searches for available wireless access points every minute or so. This causes the current connection to freeze, thereby causing many holes in my wall. One day I was just so tired of it and dove into the internet to see what I could find. I found this lovely program called "Vista Anti-Lag". Apart from being aptly named, it does the job oh so well. Just install this gem and press the little "activate VAL" button. You can then game in blissful serenity. I hope I can save at least one person's trouble(and wall) with this post!

Edit: Here's a link http://www.codecase.de/en/software/downloads/vista-anti-lag

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bwast

I use Vista and have a wireless connection. Thrilling. But what wasn't so thrilling was the lag I was getting when I would play any game online. Every 20-60 seconds, I would get like a 1-3 second hitch, causing my connection to basically stop working. In TF2, for example, my dude would stop running and that red text would come up in the top right saying there was something wrong with my internets. I just thought that it had something to do my hardware(router, adapter etc) BUT what is really wrong is something with Vista itself! Apparently Vista(and apparently XP too but I wouldn't know) automatically searches for available wireless access points every minute or so. This causes the current connection to freeze, thereby causing many holes in my wall. One day I was just so tired of it and dove into the internet to see what I could find. I found this lovely program called "Vista Anti-Lag". Apart from being aptly named, it does the job oh so well. Just install this gem and press the little "activate VAL" button. You can then game in blissful serenity. I hope I can save at least one person's trouble(and wall) with this post!

Edit: Here's a link http://www.codecase.de/en/software/downloads/vista-anti-lag

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Commando

Well, it was only a matter of time until the spammers started attacking GiantBomb

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bwast
@Commando: I'm not a spammer.
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tiwi

dude that link looks just like a Virus page. no shit!
no1 is going to use that page for anything. sry mate find something less creepy before posting links, just give it a good comment don't link it.
it makes you look like a spammer as commando just said

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bwast
@tiwi: How is it "creepy"? And if anyone cared to actually look at my profile they would see that I joined the day the site became available to the public, and I post in other threads. Besides, no one is making you click it. If you don't feel safe, don't click it. Simple.
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Time_Lord

Vista service pack 2 actually fixes a lot of wirless problems. My wirless performance is now rock solid.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Tiwi
@Bwast: no sorry ididn't mean to fooend you, it's just that when I clicked the link i got "VIRUS download page" screaming through my head.
and yes i did see your page to see if you actually was a spammer and your not, sorry I made it seeme that way
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Ben_H

Never had an issue with that.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wolverine
@Bwast: That is interesting. I don't play games on my PC so I wouldn't know but it seems really annoying and I can't believe Microsoft didn't put out a patch for that.