Caught by Red Light Camera

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Alright so I was stupid and not paying attention when the traffic was crawling at 30 mph in a 45 mph zone. The yellow light that I totally would have gone through in time if I was traveling at 45 mph instead of 30 mph turned red on me and before you know it flash literally hit me and I just realize I got caught in a Red light camera. That's fine, I'm man enough to owe up to it and I'm not going to try to weasel out of this. 

However, the only thing was, I was using my Dad's car at the time and I just want this taken care of without him knowing. Is that even possible? For the next couple of weeks I will definitely be the first person to get the mail but then I started to realize this is a moving violation and not just some parking ticket situation. I actually have never gotten in a moving violation before so I have no idea what to expect. 

If anybody can shed some light what would happen in California to me you guys would take a big load off my mind. This is my first time offense so hopefully they allow me to do traffic school to get the fine down or something. But if not thats fine since like I said before I'm not trying to weasel out of this but getting some info would just put me at ease.

Avatar image for govermentcheese
govermentcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By govermentcheese

You should expain the situation to your dad rather than trying to hide it.Its better that he knows he can trust you in the long run. Iam a dad its allways better to know you can trust family members rather than them trying to his e somthing from you..
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
@StaticFalconar: They send the ticket to the registered owner of the vehicle. There is a place on the form for the registered owner to "rat out" the person who was actually driving if it wasn't them.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

i agree with government cheese suprisingly.

Also you should try explaining your case, im not sure what the success rate for getting out of it in your state/country is like tho.

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By rateoforange
 That's fine, I'm man enough to owe up to it and I'm not going to try to weasel out of this.   

the only thing was, I was using my Dad's car at the time and I just want this taken care of without him knowing. 

Sounds like you're confused about who, exactly, you have to own up to. It isn't the state, it's your dad. Sack up.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Tell your dad, he may hit you a few times with a blunt object, but you get the satisfaction of knowing he trusts you.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By c1337us

governmentcheese and MB are both correct in this case.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama
@govermentcheese said:
" You should expain the situation to your dad rather than trying to hide it.Its better that he knows he can trust you in the long run. Iam a dad its allways better to know you can trust family members rather than them trying to his e somthing from you.. "
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar
@rateoforange said:
"  That's fine, I'm man enough to owe up to it and I'm not going to try to weasel out of this.   

the only thing was, I was using my Dad's car at the time and I just want this taken care of without him knowing.   Sounds like you're confused about who, exactly, you have to own up to. It isn't the state, it's your dad. Sack up. "
well the thing is, if/when my dad finds out its not the lecture that i mind, but the fact my over protective dad would insist on paying it making me feel even more guilty. I rather just pay it myself but feel i would get in an arguement with him making the situation even worse by insisting that pay it and everything. I know this isn't exactly the worse problem in the world, but having over protective parents almost hinders your own growth in feeling like an adult hence I want to owe up in paying the fine but rather not get my parents involved.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By teh_destroyer
@StaticFalconar said:
" @rateoforange said:
"  That's fine, I'm man enough to owe up to it and I'm not going to try to weasel out of this.   

the only thing was, I was using my Dad's car at the time and I just want this taken care of without him knowing.   Sounds like you're confused about who, exactly, you have to own up to. It isn't the state, it's your dad. Sack up. "
well the thing is, if/when my dad finds out its not the lecture that i mind, but the fact my over protective dad would insist on paying it making me feel even more guilty. I rather just pay it myself but feel i would get in an arguement with him making the situation even worse by insisting that pay it and everything. I know this isn't exactly the worse problem in the world, but having over protective parents almost hinders your own growth in feeling like an adult hence I want to owe up in paying the fine but rather not get my parents involved. "
Like everyone else has said, tell your parents, honesty is the key to having a succesful relation ship with them.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Kazona

You are not man enough to own up to it if you're not willing to tell your dad the truth.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Disengage

Don't be a pussy, lie about it.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alex_Murphy

It won't count as a moving violation, they just want to shake you down for money. If you get the ticket they send you in the mail and pay it your dad might not know about it. but if he finds out later he'll be pissed. Couldn't you just tell your dad you went through a red light camera but you'll pay for ti? It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me, but maybe that's cause I don't know your dad.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

Own up to your dad about it.  Seriously, if you don't, you're fucking stupid.  If he starts beating you, tell him he's overreacting.  If he beats you for saying that, invest some time in learning to swing a bat REALLY hard.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hatking

You'll need to tell your dad.  If you just pay it he'll have a traffic violation on his record as the car is registered in his name, eventually he'll find this out.  It isn't a great situation but there doesn't seem to be a right way to avoid it.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By damnboyadvance

Just tell your dad right away. Parents (almost!) always find out, and in this case, your dad will most likely find out. If he takes it seriously and beats you, perhaps it's time to move out.