Cheap as chips . . .

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By I_am_Lono

Spent the whole of today playing Dead Space. It's good, it's not amazing though. Far too much "oh no! the engine doesn't work! Go fix it! . . . Oh no Asteroids are going to obliterate us!. . . go stop them!" The whole shoot asteroids with a big cannon sequence was about as fun as rubbing a cheese grater really hard against the side of my head.

I was in the pub yesterday and my mate told me he saw Persona 4 being sold for 10 quid, I downed my pint and ran to the shop. . . he was right! Soon as dead space is over and done with I'll crack on with that. . . . for the rest of my life.

Mahalo

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By I_am_Lono

Spent the whole of today playing Dead Space. It's good, it's not amazing though. Far too much "oh no! the engine doesn't work! Go fix it! . . . Oh no Asteroids are going to obliterate us!. . . go stop them!" The whole shoot asteroids with a big cannon sequence was about as fun as rubbing a cheese grater really hard against the side of my head.

I was in the pub yesterday and my mate told me he saw Persona 4 being sold for 10 quid, I downed my pint and ran to the shop. . . he was right! Soon as dead space is over and done with I'll crack on with that. . . . for the rest of my life.

Mahalo

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Keyser_Soze

I made it to dungeon 4, level 5.... about to fight a mini-boss and boom I die from 5 little baby monsters attacking me. 1 1/2 hours of progress down the toilet.

Someone console me and tell me that I can pick myself up and redo that 1 1/2 portion.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

I agree with you on that. I hated those moments, I died often lol. I spent 8hrs on Dead Space once. Longest ever for me. The story gets heavy near the end.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Keyser_Soze said:
" I made it to dungeon 4, level 5.... about to fight a mini-boss and boom I die from 5 little baby monsters attacking me. 1 1/2 hours of progress down the toilet. Someone console me and tell me that I can pick myself up and redo that 1 1/2 portion. "
Have you watched the endurance run recently? That same thing happened I'm pretty sure. Vinny and Jeff got through it. They also got hama'd by a bunch of birds and made a successful comeback.   :P
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Keyser_Soze
@JJWeatherman: Stopped watching the Endu run a long time ago, when I started playing my own game. But you may just be right, I can do it.... I can do it!

#See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes the silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it #
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine

Wow 10 pounds ($17.50) isn't bad for Persona 4. You got yourself a great deal.

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_am_Lono
@Wolverine said:
"Wow 10 pounds ($17.50) isn't bad for Persona 4. You got yourself a great deal. "

Yeah I was really chuffed to be honest! I had checked online and everywhere was selling it for £17 ($24.07) . . . oh and £10 is $15.90, what exchange rate were you using?! (I work for Travelex)
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Wolverine
@I_am_Lono said:
" @Wolverine said:
"Wow 10 pounds ($17.50) isn't bad for Persona 4. You got yourself a great deal. "
Yeah I was really chuffed to be honest! I had checked online and everywhere was selling it for £17 ($24.07) . . . oh and £10 is $15.90, what exchange rate were you using?! (I work for Travelex) "
I was in London during April and the exchange rate was $1.75=£1 so I figured it didn't change much but obviously I was wrong and should have checked.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By teh_destroyer

They have you do that stuff in Dead Space because you are an engineer, you know that, right?

I_am_Lono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By I_am_Lono
@teh_destroyer said:
"They have you do that stuff in Dead Space because you are an engineer, you know that, right? "

I get why I'm doing it . . . I suppose it's a good way to progress the story, I'm just nit picking with that really.

I can't forgive the bit where you have to stick the fucking beacon on the asteroid though! Jesus! It's just pointlessly difficult, why include a sequence like that in a game? One minute you're steadily progressing the story, happily dismembering a veritable array of beasties and then bang! You die 16 times by spinney. . . .asteroid holding things!

I like the game, a lot, it's just certain aspects piss me off. The combat is probably second to none, it is very satisfying to kill those things. Plus the story is pulling me along (not hugely interesting at the moment, not past chapter 7 yet)  however I am told it does get very interesting towards the end.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_A_Drain

I absolutely loved Dead Space it's one of my favorite games this generation, it had some faults sure but for the most part I think it's one of the most solidly built and enjoyable experiences ever made. I didn't mind the "Go fix this" "Now that's broken" etc parts as it didn't even register in my head given fixing things etc was the whole reason this team of people were on the ship in the first place, and now they need to fix up some things in order to escape. But I can understand why that annoys people, going to fix a random thing located at the other fucking end of the ship might annoy the heck out of people but it's just a device to initiate gameplay and i'm thankful for it tbh otherwise the game would have been another 3 - 5 hour jobby, instead it took me 9 and a half ours (pretty much straight) to finish, which was about on par as I usually finish quicker than the reviews say and if I remember correctly most people said 10 - 12 hours.

The asteroid section did annoy me, although I finished it on the first try (with 1% shield remaining, I nearly shit my pants) so I didn't have to do it over and over, although I just took a deep breath and didnt even try to get the achievement for that section. One of the games few flaws in my opinion.

Edit: Oh and Persona 4 is a fucking bargain for a tenner. I got ripped off on my original copy, paid 25 quid, got my free tshirt but not my game. Waited 3 weeks then saw it for a tenner just like you, snapped it up and was so fucking glad I did, planned to resell it but after the stupid "Wait 28 days before we can send you a replacement" play.com had run out of copies. I havn't got very far in it and desperately need to go back to it, it's really good.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ChickenPants

I got Persona 4 here in Ireland for 24 euro on release.I was damn pleased.