Fire 2%
Ice 1%
Regeneration 10%
Incincibility 17%
Invisibility 16%
Electricity 2%
Skin changing 5%
Elastic limbs 0%

Duders, if you got the option to choose one superpower, what would that power be? Also, do you see yourself becoming a hero or a villain, or just living a normal life?

For myself, the choice is pretty easy. It's flying. I mean, how damned cool would it be to fucking fly around?

Note: These are all more basic powers. Post your suggestions and I might consider adding them to the list!

• 
UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

x-ray vision is not on the list. i choose not to vote.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@upperdecker: I would add it, but I just get an error message when trying to edit the poll. That's such an obvious oversight though!

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

How does this not have the best super power... the power to just make world peace happen like Todd McFarlane figured out in this Demo Derby?

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By hans_maulwurf

Flying for sure, that would just be ultra convenient. Visions of the future/time rewind powers could also be cool, I'd probably abuse those for personal gain in the obvious ways well established in time travel fiction.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dixavd

I should say that, from this limited list, I voted for Water for three reasons:

1. To end world thirst
  2. To stop world disasters like floods, tsunamis and hurricanes
  3. But mostly to make Blitzball real.
BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BojackHorseman

@dixavd: That's so selfless. I didn't even consider that. I want to fly because damn it, I want to fly.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BojackHorseman

@dudeglove: How is that a super power?

Edit: Also, telekinesis could take care of that, right?

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I would like regeneration so that I didn't randomly feel aches in my forearms and ankles and back and I could do stupid stuff like kick door frames and stub my fingers on things or make a wrong turn with a knife or bump my head into a low hanging ceiling or get over a hangover before it even begins or overwrite developing tumors or whatever else regeneration might imply.

But mainly the random aches and pains thing. I wish I could still type forever and game forever and run forever and hunch over forever like when I was 14.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BojackHorseman

@dudeglove: That's dumb, and not in a good way. Anyway, I've also viewed telekinesis as a umbrella term for all sorts of mind powers. And even still, I bet I could bring about world peace with any one of these powers.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Is skin changing shape shifting?

I went invincibility. That just takes care of any worry of accidents or danger, even if I never "used" it for anything. It's not cool, but it's a power you can live with.

Time Stop and Mind Control should be kept out of the poll if you don't want everyone to become villains.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electricity because that also means I can control magnets and one of the four fundamental forces of existence. Also, I could keep my phone charged.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time manipulation.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telepath; mind manipulating random people to give me money simply to continue my man-child way of life.

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teleportation, kind of like that movie "Jumper". Heading towards a car accident, teleport out. Jump from a skyscraper and teleport back to the top. No concert or Superbowl tickets, no problem. At a music festival and the toilets are gross, bam back at home.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Lanechanger

@mlarrabee said:

Time manipulation.

Surprise this and teleportation weren't on the list, probably my top 2 picks.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lanechanger: Yup. In hindsight they should have been. Can't edit polls though.

zandravandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Before last year, it'd have been shapeshifting, but ever since I've become comfortable with who I am, now it'd be teleportation or flying - powers that let me go see my friends more often. ^^

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal power would be teleportation because I live in a big city and the worst part of going out with friends is the 90-120 minute transit trip home at night. If I could just get everywhere instantaneously it'd be awesome.

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AltonBrown

INFINITE FISTS

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I feel like invincibility would have to come with some caveats. Telekinesis is my clear choice. Manipulating shit with your mind just sounds too damn great in all aspects.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My super power would be eating anything grants me invincibility for two weeks with the by product of shitting out anti-matter.

The S on my chest would not stand for super.

My only real nemesis? The Constipator. That and convincing scientists in order to power their star ships, they must handle my feces.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Speed. I'm a runner and I love the Flash, so it seems like the natural choice. Plus I feel like its useful in pretty much every scenario in simple daily life as well as if I got into some kind of super powered trouble.

VonBismark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold War Russia.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the Kojima touch.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Monkeyman04

I would choose Regeneration just so I could get Wolverine claws.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telekinesis of course. Now I can finally get a bag of skittles out of a vending machine!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

My choice would be the ability to stop time for everyone but me or the stuff around me. Basically I want to be able to pause whenever I feel like and sleep, play video games, read a book, or something along those lines, then unpause time and go about my day actually doing stuff. Because that's the only way I'd ever actually be able to get anything done.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wanted to be a pusher-like Kilgrave or Robert Modell. You'd have access to anything you could ever want.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I was looking forward to the internal debate until I saw invincibility

manqy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I would go for super speed - since (assuming it's Flash level speed) you basically get a bunch of other powers too like super strength, practically teleportation and time slowing, super fast thinking, etc.

This is all also assuming physics is like comic books and not real life. ;)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clean break poops. one wipe. nothing but net.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matter transformation. Being able to transform anything into anything makes for infinite possibilities. Want to be immortal ? Keep making yourself younger. Want to fly ? Give yourself wings. etc etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Flying would be awesome.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telekinesis is the clear choice here but only if I had absolute control over it, i.e. not having an aneurysm from moving something larger than a book. Also, having total control would essentially grant you most other powers too, including immortality, allowing you to manipulate yourself on a cellular level or even subatomic level allowing you to live forever. And the list goes on. Creating fire would be simple enough as would flying. Just move yourself through the air. As far as powers go, it's definitely the most OP of the bunch, and the most fun. It seems the only logical choice.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I've always been torn between invisibility or flying, but you forgot to add Time Control. I think flying would be cooler but invisibility would be more beneficial...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have telekinesis you kinda don't need a lot of the powers listed (except things like invincibility). You can basically levitate (and fly), move heavy objects without requiring super strength, elements are within your (invisible) grasp. And it's an hidden ability, meaning no one can really prove it unless you are explicit about it.

Teleportation is super handy, but I feel like I will get more out of telekinesis than anything else.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

It's the boring one but if I'm picking one thing then it's invincibility (on the grounds that either your injuries heal back to normal - which is kind of regeneration - or you simply can't be injured). I'd love flight but I'm not taking it without invisibility. Telekinesis (we're talking specifically moving stuff with your mind) is clearly the most fun, but I'm gonna go with my brain over my heart here.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TobbRobb

I picked flying, but i actually want teleportation. I'm so boring and uncreative I just want a good way to get around and skip my commutes. (It's also frickin' sweet, just shadowstepping around)

Assumedkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Assumedkilla

Mind control (Professor X style) - it's the quickest way we'd get to a Star Trek sort of future with world peace, no currency, no poor areas, universal healthcare, I'd get rid of jobs being a requirement, etc.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking super speed at first. But then I picked flying. There's just something about flying...

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telephaty with mindreading, i want to know people inner desires and secrets and then kill myself for the schock and depression (or boredom, who knows?) brought by the experience :D

Telekinesis is cool, what are the limits agreed upon in the specific scenario? Small objects? People? Cars? Buildings? Planets and stars? Can i bend photons?

Skin changhing (i interpreted as shapeshiftige) would be a cool experiment, to se if your psyche developes different personas based on how you look and how people perceive you

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46  Edited By veektarius

The United States of America

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Temporal Manipulation - not on the list. :( I could go into the future and get that sports almanac!

Telepathy - not on the list :( But if it's included -with- telekenesis? Sure. I could plant a suggestion that someone give me a free pizza puff and then use my mind to pick up said pizza puff. How powerful would I be? Would I be limited to a small room? Or could I go all Prof X with perma-cerebro and usher humanity into a utopian future? Otherwise, pass...

So, I'd probably chose invincibility? Does that also include immortality? Is this invincibility with caveats, since regeneration is also on there? Like, if I fall from a plane and land hard, would I just be a sentient bag of red goo? Or would I just get up, dust myself off, and say, "Who needs regeneration?"

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being able to rewind time.

Failing that, invisibility.

Cerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers