Contact Lenses vs Glasses

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Glasses. I tried contacts once, but I just couldn't get them in. It doesn't bother me too much. I've worn glasses for so long(I'm extremely near sighted, so I always need them) that they're like a second skin. I wear them from the moment I'm awake til the moment I go to bed.

Nasharoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've worn glasses for about 15 years but recently had to switch to rigid contacts because of Keratoconus.

It's brilliant being able to actually see again but I do prefer wearing glasses.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've had glasses for... 8 years now. I'm so used to them that I don't really have any reason to try contacts. I'd just look weird in the mirror and to everyone who has ever known me. Glasses are a part of my face, I don't really want to live without them any more than I'd like to live without a nose.

My eyesight is still getting worse though and I'm a bit afraid of the time when I just won't be able to do much of anything without glasses. Now it's just a bit difficult and annoying but I could totally have a pretty normal day without glasses. I don't think that will be the case in few years.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sanity

Glasses for the most part, i run a lot of power tools and getting stuff in your eyes with contacts sucks.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By Darson

Contacts. They were a real bitch to get used to at first, and by "at first" I mean what felt like forever for the first few weeks. I do have glasses for "emergencies" and I probably haven't opened the case at all the past year.

I can only wear them for so long before my eyes get very weary and I start to get a headache. That's really only after about 12 hours or so and depends on what I have been/am doing. Staring at a computer screen is impossible with them on and while I have survived hour long classes that dealt exclusively with computers, I cannot have contacts in at home because I'm always looking at some kind of screen. It's no big deal because I don't need them for anything beyond the perk of going outside and seeing things a bit sharper.

I also feel emasculated about my vision. Deeply.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I love my contact lenses!

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly have pretty bad eyesight. Well with glasses i see fine obviously.

I've never worn contact lenses, and i dont even know if they make them as strong as i'd need them, i'm very nearsighted. I even have quite a few eye floaters in my 20's.

Ive never really looked into contact lenses honestly, since ive worn glasses all my life (well most of it anyways) i barely feel them and i feel naked without them. Plus the idea of shoving plastic discs into my eyes weirds me the fuck out.

My new glasses i got a couple months ago are pretty awesome, they're those transition lenses so they gradually turn into sunglasses when exposed to sunlight. which is amazing to me, since i already have poor eyesight, and i got blue eyes, so im fairly sensitive to bright light, but since i needed glasses sunglasses have always sorta not been possible. these are great. Highly recommended!

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Glasses, I look weird without them.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use... both ( I swear I'm human!), glasses most of the time, contacts for physical activity (sports, running etc) and for some social occasions. Wearing contacts for the first time can be weird, I definitely empathise with the naked feeling and they can cause eye dryness after a few hours. On the other hand they can be pretty useful and I would encourage trying them out.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By DystopiaX

Glasses. I'd like to wear contacts for convenience but I cannot touch my eyes. I tried to put contacts in once and I literally couldn't keep them open to put them in, fuck that shit.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like peripheral vision and i have no problems putting shit in me eyes. i'm curious if they even sell the month long ones for my prescription (pretty damn high)

it's just annoying when i'm tired/drunk/both to claw them out of my see-holes. >:( but i did accidentally leave them in overnight once and it wasn't terrible, just weird when i realized they were still in and it was the next day...

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both. Lenses when out and about. Glasses when home and feeling lazy.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

Bad hygiene practices when cleaning lenses may give you very nasty infections. Like, cleaning with tapwater (can you say, aspergillosis?). Sleeping with lenses in can also increase risk of eye infections, since you're giving the bacteria a lot of time to reproduce. Contacts are great if you are willing to do the small things like putting them in/out, cleaning them etc.

I'm wearing fashionable glasses now, it's a fashion piece for me now. Not just some eyesight thing. I did try out contact lenses once, while I loved them, they (the soft ones) are also very fragile. I'll go back to contact lenses one day.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contacts just seem like another thing I have to do to take care of myself. I have enough of those. I put my glasses on and forget about it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#66  Edited By Video_Game_King
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Glasses.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glasses. Can't stand the thought of putting contacts in.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thread necromancers strike again!

Glasses, by the way. Or neither, and have machines shoot lasers into my eyes.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would never, ever put anything in my eyes. I never bother to wear my glasses yet alone put the effort into putting things on my eyeballs.

Your vision probably isn't that bad then. People who need glasses but also wanna do sports probably use contact lenses for that kinda stuff. But yeah, lenses are higher maintenance and generally more expensive.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FunkyHugo

I wore contacts for eight years till I finally gave up on them. Too much of a hassle. Not necessarily with inserting them and removing them on a daily basis, but more so in that for me at least, eye lashes and wind and whatnot would occasionally find themselves in my eyes and cause them to itch, thus having to remove my contacts in unfortunate scenarios. But that's just me, I have strange eyes. I have a couple pairs of glasses now that I actually like to wear and it sure beats the hassle.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necro thread indeed!

Most of the day my eyesight is close to 20/20. I'm slightly farsighted and work in front of a computer 8 hours/day, so if need be I just zoom in like 25% unless it's a really tedious day working in Excel sheets, to which I put on my spare reading glasses in my desk. When I get home I tend to put them on due to my eyes being tired by the end of the day.

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contacts don't work very well with astigmatism, because they tend to rotate out of alignment. I have just enough of that to be annoying. They're too much of a hassle if they can't even get me to normal vision, so I've gone back to my glasses in recent years.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contacts for when I'm doing sports stuff. My glasses are too expensive to risk. On top of that, it's incredibly difficult wearing glasses underneath a fencing mask.

Otherwise, I take my contacts out as soon as I can. My eyes are pretty dry, and the lenses irritate me. It's like having an itch all day long, when you finally get to scratch, it feels so good.

I rather like wearing glasses - I like my current frames quite a bit.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onigenko said:

I prefer glasses, have been wearing them so long that seeing myself without them is weird.

This

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

contact lens most of the time, but now have a new job where there's so much junk floating around the air. Even staring at a monitor strains my eye with all this crap that could cling on the lens. But now turned to just wearing normal glasses.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont ever want to stick a finger in my eye so glasses.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Got day lenses and a couple pairs of glasses.

If I just wear lenses I feel my eyes drying out and it gets uncomfortable. When I do wear lenses I also tend to take them out when I get home and use glasses at night.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mattyftm said:

I would never use contact lenses. I don't know what could possess someone to want to wake up every morning and poke themselves in the eye!!

If you poke yourself in the eye, you are doing it wrong. It's more akin to putting a glove on; there is no pain whatsoever and you don't even notice they are one. Contacts are amazing.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Fuck contacts, I've had glasses my entire life. Simple, and I think easier, than contacts will ever be.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LeStephan

@amafi: This, my eyes get crazy dry from contacts. I have day lenses for when Im going to do something where my glasses could get in the way but thats it. My contact lenses where also always dirty after half a day somehow.

Maybe its just my eyes being like: "Yo get those crazy plastic things the fuck out of here right now!"

Now this is an old thread :P

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have enough trouble putting eye drops in so contacts have always been a no go for me. Plus I feel like I just look better with glasses.

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've used glasses since 3rd grade, so pretty much all of my life. During my "crazy" twenties (cough) I tried contacts and used them for about 5 years at first it was awesome but then I noticed that my eyes became extremely sensitive to dust and A/C, movie theaters became my worst enemy with their carpets and A/C. Ended up going back to glasses and haven't looked back.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By RonGalaxy

RISE RANDOM THREAD. RISE FROM YOUR ETERNAL SLUMBER TO WREAK HAVOC ON THESE FORSAKEN FORUMS.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glasses

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glasses

But I have to admit, I never tried contacts, mostly because I am rather clumsy and the idea of putting something straight into my eyes terrifies me.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried wearing contacts, but it just wasn't worth the ridiculous effort every morning and night. Plus the cost was outrageous. I can just slip on my glasses and look fashionable as fuck.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello old thread.

Glasses for me. I tried contacts but had too much trouble putting them in and it didn't seem worth the effort to me.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

I wear glasses and I never tried contacts. The idea of sticking something on my eyes freaks me out so I'd rather not try. People I know who wear contacts complain about them all the time. I also think glasses look pretty good on me.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a question of vanity but I'm glad I wear contacts. The idea of putting a solid piece of plastic in your eyes is a surprisingly quick one to get used to. Eyes get more sensitive to light, pollen, etc but that's to be excepted when they're not shielded by glasses. Of course, nothing can prepare for the panic you get when you completely miss the mark.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried (disposable, daily) contacts for a month or two about two years back. I found they dried up really quickly in the air conditioning at work so went back to glasses. I really don't mind wearing glasses, apart from during the summer swapping to sunglasses and back again constantly when entering/existing buildings and driving.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contacts. I wear quite a nice brand and don't really deal with them drying out too much (unless I drink a ton of beer and sleep in them). Plus, I get headaches when I wear glasses and stare at a computer all day at work. Whenever I change pairs of contacts though (I have the 2-3 week ones), I usually wear my glasses for a day or two on the weekend.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Glasses for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've worn glasses for so long I don't like the way I look without them now.

This guy is on to something here

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Here's my opinion, as an eye doctor (Optometrist). Contacts are great if your eyes tolerate them. Always make sure you are properly fitted by an Optometrist and go for regular eye exams. Stick to the disposal schedule that is recommended for the lenses and try not to overwear lenses. Some lenses can actually be slept in and are approved for this by Health Canada / FDA, but not all of them are - lenses that correct astigmatism for example should not be slept in. Also, not everybody tolerates overnight wear and it can make dry eye worse. Don't sleep in contacts unless you've talked to your eye doctor first. When you do sleep in approved lenses, I still recommend taking them out once a week to clean them and take a overnight break, even if they are comfortable. Glasses are always required as a backup, and to wear at the end of the day for when you take your contacts out. Glasses are also a great fashion accessory if that's your thing - I have 12 pairs.

None_Braver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've worn glasses since kindergarten. I can't wear contacts because my eyes are retarded. The second they can knock me out for LASIK, I'm there.

Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting old thread, I'll depend Contacts, I've wore contacts 95% of the time since junior high being (going on 15ish years) and rarely had any issues with them. Regular checkups and i have to pay for the higher priced lenses for my allergies but I'd rather do that then lose most of my peripheral vision. i have a pair of cheap glasses i wear sometimes i hate how they feel and look on me,

PS, it's always fun to freak people out when you touch your eye to "adjust"

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Worn glasses for at least 16 years now I think. I've only tried contacts on once and I can't get used to myself in them, it's a weird reflection. Besides, I find glasses more convenient and they look good.