cop kills dog for no reason (video)

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zombie

The cop had his girlfriend in the passenger seat and wanted to show off to her.
blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By blueduck

That's awful.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Simplexity

That has to be the most corrupt police squad of all time or something that sheriffs department. Fuckin hell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm a animal lover fuck this cop fuck anybody that hurts or kills animals people that do this shit should be tortured.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Meltac

DrBendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DrBendo

It's a fucking dog.

If the cop had non-lethal options, then he should have used them. However, the dog was charging at him. I'm not saying that he's innocent of any wrongdoing, but people are acting like he shot a person; hell, if he had, he wouldn't get half of the attacks he's getting now.

I don't go out of my way to kill dogs, and I'm not too fond of animal cruelty. However, any dog that charges me will get hurt. I don't care if it's a pit bull or a poodle; it if's between that dogs life and my convenience, bitch is going down. I'm not one to risk ruining my pants to accommodate a poorly behaved animal, let alone risk being bitten (which takes hours out of one's day).

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Yanngc33

That's some police brutality right there. Hope that guy gets what he deserves

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sparks50
@Prodstep said:

" That has to be the most corrupt police squad of all time or something that sheriffs department. Fuckin hell. "

Cops kill curious family dogs often, especially when intruding upon private property. Columbia Mo SWAT raiding home for a pipe and 
a small amount of marijuana:(not for the faint of heart)

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By floodiastus
@JEC03 said:

" I'm a animal lover fuck this cop fuck anybody that hurts or kills animals people that do this shit should be tortured. "

you make love to animals?  wtf

@drbendo said:
" It's a fucking dog.If the cop had non-lethal options, then he should have used them. However, the dog was charging at him. I'm not saying that he's innocent of any wrongdoing, but people are acting like he shot a person; hell, if he had, he wouldn't get half of the attacks he's getting now.I don't go out of my way to kill dogs, and I'm not too fond of animal cruelty. However, any dog that charges me will get hurt. I don't care if it's a pit bull or a poodle; it if's between that dogs life and my convenience, bitch is going down. I'm not one to risk ruining my pants to accommodate a poorly behaved animal, let alone risk being bitten (which takes hours out of one's day). "
Empathy - Not for everyone
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus
@drbendo said:
" It's a fucking dog.If the cop had non-lethal options, then he should have used them. However, the dog was charging at him. I'm not saying that he's innocent of any wrongdoing, but people are acting like he shot a person; hell, if he had, he wouldn't get half of the attacks he's getting now.I don't go out of my way to kill dogs, and I'm not too fond of animal cruelty. However, any dog that charges me will get hurt. I don't care if it's a pit bull or a poodle; it if's between that dogs life and my convenience, bitch is going down. I'm not one to risk ruining my pants to accommodate a poorly behaved animal, let alone risk being bitten (which takes hours out of one's day). "
Non-leathal action like Get In Your FUCKING Car? I got plenty of respect for policemen, but I also don't deny that there are plenty of dick cops out there who just like the uniform. You might not know this, but people get very attached to their pets- make them part of their family, and shooting it because you don't want slobber on your police-issue pants is just douchey.
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vexxan

That's one stupid officer.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman

Aww. Poor Bruiser.

You've polluted my Giant Bomb happy place with an awful video.
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ramone

He's in the kind of twat who ruins the image of the police.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Rockdalf

If he was about, doing his normal cop stuff and a dog addressed him in that manner, yeah, put it down.

On private property one should expect this kind of behavior from an animal.  Cops like that don't deserve their job.
popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By popmasterruler
@drbendo said:

I don't like dogs that much but you're fucking sick!The dog was running by the cops side,not at him.Next to him,not at him,did you not see the video footage?!
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nux

Talk about abuse of power.
Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gumby
@Zombie:
Brother-in-law = Girlfriend?
wat.

Also, trolling seems to be too easy when it comes to animal cruelty.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pinworm45

Cops are cunts, who's surprised anymore

My friend got a ticket yesterday, first offense ever, because at night he made a left turn. There was a no turn sign, but it was concealed by a tree and he didn't see it. He made an honest mistake, it was hardly a reckless turn at all, there was no other cars around or anything like that. It was also his first offense, never got a warning or anything. Bam, 250$ ticket, despite being extremely polite to the police officer, who was just a total dick.

So yeah, no doubt that guy spends all his nights at that sign trying to do this to meet his quota. I'm sure he lives a wonderfully happy life.

Prick.

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By matiaz_tapia
@drbendo:  If the reaction was the same as killing another person, it would certainly be different..."national outrage" different if it was caught on camera in the same way.

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSmashing

ACAB

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IBurningStar

I'm willing to bet this man doesn't have a job anymore. Or won't have one for much longer. His actions disgraced his entire department and made them look like shit in the eyes of the public. Maybe I missed it, but why was the cop even there? He pulled his car onto private property, got out, and just shot the dog. Most likely to impress his ride along jackass friend.

I don't like this guy. I hope he gets the same treatment the soldier who kicked a puppy got.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By agentboolen

I can see being scared that you might get bit, but the guy really didn't try to get away like he was afraid for his life.  Most normal people would have just ran towards the car and got in.  Really dumb thing to do.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rockdalf
@sparks50 said:
" @Prodstep said:

" That has to be the most corrupt police squad of all time or something that sheriffs department. Fuckin hell. "

Cops kill curious family dogs often, especially when intruding upon private property. Columbia Mo SWAT raiding home for a pipe and 
a small amount of marijuana:(not for the faint of heart)

"
I hate stupid videos like this.  It's all circumstantial.  If we're to trust the person who uploaded the video says (and they obviously have an agenda to make the SWAT look bad here) then we believe they found nothing justifying the search.  However, nothing in the video indicates what they found, it could've been a few bricks of coke for all we know.  All we see is a narcotics raid which is perfectly legal.  Yes, they shot the dogs, but we know nothing about that either.  If you're conducting a search and a dog is going to attack, you put it down, because you can not reason with an animal.  If this was a shit raid (and I could find nothing indicating one way or the other), then this is bad of them.  Otherwise, they're in the right.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

A cop being a cocksucker? I've never heard of such a thing!!

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By HairyMike87

That's why we always need to be on camera so authority can't get away with shit like this. 

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By armaan8014
@JJWeatherman said:
"
You've polluted my Giant Bomb happy place with an awful video.
"
:(
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Pinworm45 said:
" Cops are cunts, who's surprised anymoreMy friend got a ticket yesterday, first offense ever, because at night he made a left turn. There was a no turn sign, but it was concealed by a tree and he didn't see it. He made an honest mistake, it was hardly a reckless turn at all, there was no other cars around or anything like that. It was also his first offense, never got a warning or anything. Bam, 250$ ticket, despite being extremely polite to the police officer, who was just a total dick.So yeah, no doubt that guy spends all his nights at that sign trying to do this to meet his quota. I'm sure he lives a wonderfully happy life.Prick. "
Cops don't have quotas for writing tickets.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pinworm45
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" Cops are cunts, who's surprised anymoreMy friend got a ticket yesterday, first offense ever, because at night he made a left turn. There was a no turn sign, but it was concealed by a tree and he didn't see it. He made an honest mistake, it was hardly a reckless turn at all, there was no other cars around or anything like that. It was also his first offense, never got a warning or anything. Bam, 250$ ticket, despite being extremely polite to the police officer, who was just a total dick.So yeah, no doubt that guy spends all his nights at that sign trying to do this to meet his quota. I'm sure he lives a wonderfully happy life.Prick. "
Cops don't have quotas for writing tickets. "
In the same way salary based sales peoples don't have quotas, sure.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By melcene

Ummm guys.  Did you know this story/video is from 2008?

Way to get people up in arms over something 3 years old.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FourWude

One day a headline will read: DOG KILLS PIG.

Fucking piggies.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mesklinite

@pinworm45 contest the ticket. Get proof today that shows that the sign is hidden. Show it to the judge.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Slaker117
@Zombie said:

" The cop had his girlfriend in the passenger seat and wanted to show off to her. "

What type of fucked up girl would be impressed by shooting a dog?
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LiquidS
@Slaker117: If his brother in law is his girlfriend he has more serious issues than shooting a dog to deal with. 
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

The Dog had a gun on him...turns out,it was just a wallet. 

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Slaker117
@LiquidS said:
" @Slaker117: If his brother in law is his girlfriend he has more serious issues than shooting a dog to deal with.  "
I'm sorry, I stayed up all night. I don't understand where this is coming from. I feel like I'm missing something.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpecTackle
@drbendo: Something tells me if a chihuahua charged at you, you'd piss yourself. If you're that afraid of a dog biting you I've got news for you - you're the bitch. Just like this cop.
MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MisterChief
@TheDudeOfGaming said:
" The Dog had a gun on him...turns out,it was just a wallet.  "
They thought it was a rifle but he was just carrying an umbrella.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Th3_James

It's funny that I consider a death of a dog worse than the death of a human.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VWGTI

Can we not post stuff like this on Giantbomb, please? I come here for video games, not to see or hear about dogs getting killed.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jewunit

Some people consider dogs to be animals with no feelings or emotions.  It's the kind of sentiment that leads to those awful dog-fighting rings.  I certainly don't condone what the officer did, but I can understand the mindset.  That being said, I hope he is on the losing end of that lawsuit.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SSully
@drbendo said:

Have you ever met a dog in your life?? Most dog, especially young ones, or in the case in the video a type of tarrier, get excited when new people come to their house so they run at them to greet them. Every time someone comes to my house my dog sprints from where ever he is at to see who it is and usually jumps up and down when he gets to them. That dog is clearly not a threat, that cop had no right to shoot it. 

@VWGTI said: 

" Can we not post stuff like this on Giantbomb, please? I come here for video games, not to see or hear about dogs getting killed. "

It is in the off topic section. As long as it isn't against the rules we can post anything here. If you dont like it then just dont open the thread amigo. 
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidS
@Slaker117: OP said girlfriend but news story said brother in law. Just made me LOL.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It's good that the owner is speaking up for her dog.

Poor thing, he was probably just excited to see someone on his front lawn :(

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Slaker117
@LiquidS: Ok, that makes sense. A lot of the report went right through me. I should sleep more.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gamefreak9
@jewunit said:

" Some people consider dogs to be animals with no feelings or emotions.  It's the kind of sentiment that leads to those awful dog-fighting rings.  I certainly don't condone what the officer did, but I can understand the mindset.  That being said, I hope he is on the losing end of that lawsuit. "

I like the open minded statement, though i love dogs as much as the next guy, their lives should not be considered anywhere near as valuable as human lives, i mean animals just aren't as aware as people are, and cannot thrive like people do, they have no hope for the future, or greater morals and appreciation for a world based on synergy. 
@IBurningStar said:

" I'm willing to bet this man doesn't have a job anymore. Or won't have one for much longer. His actions disgraced his entire department and made them look like shit in the eyes of the public. Maybe I missed it, but why was the cop even there? He pulled his car onto private property, got out, and just shot the dog. Most likely to impress his ride along jackass friend. I don't like this guy. I hope he gets the same treatment the soldier who kicked a puppy got. "

Agreed, i mean, one way or another, its a dog charging, even if his intentions are to hug, its hard to tell, a cop has a right to shoot a human charging so he should be able to shoot a dog charging, that being said though, its obvious that a small dog like that would be rendered useless with a good kick, so he should lose the lawsuit for extreme respone. On the other hand, though its very hard for public sector employees(like cops) to be fired, so he might get severance or early retirement, but just out of a job is unlikely.

Bangarang182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bangarang182

Did you guys even watch the video?!  IT looks like the dog is charging at him! 

Is the officer supposed to wait till the dog is on top of him and hope it doesnt bite into his leg, or shoot at what looks like dog that is going to attack him!

Come on guys!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By MysteriousBob

Why does he have a gun anyway? Is that normal in America?

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Stop posting depressing youtube spam.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By I_smell
@Zombie said:

"   

The cop had his girlfriend in the passenger seat and wanted to show off to her. "
The video said it was his brother.

Anyway yeah this is annoying and fuckin sucks. Policemen are people, just like everyone else, and some of them are fucking stupid, just like everyone else.
He pulled the gun out cos it was the most fucking lazy quick-fix way to handle the situation he was in.
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By audiosnag
@gamefreak9:
A cop only has a right to use his weapon on someone if the person attacking is using equal force or one level lower so a knife. If a dude was just charging a cop and the cop shot him he'd be in a butt ton of trouble. At least that's how it is in Canada.