Dexter - The Final Season - The Thread

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been watching the show from the beginning and I wanted something positive to happen to Masuka, then Niki showed up. However, knowing Masuka's luck there's a negative twist. Not going to assume she's a mass-murdering psycho just yet though. :)

No Caption Provided

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102  Edited By hockeymask27

Glad to see i'm not the only starting to fast forward.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Niki is the brain surgeon.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@dudeglove

@plaintomato said:

Anyway, no way the killer is the boyfriend. If he's not a straight up red herring he's just yet again another brain surgeon plant. Eight episodes in we have to know the brain surgeon pretty well by now, which means it's either Hanna getting her revenge or Vogel is a mastermind psycho. Vogel is the obvious choice and the only one that really adds any value to the eight episodes so far - so the only question is whether they've been building up for the obvious choice or just making Vogel look psycho to keep suspicion off Hanna.

What a waste of a final season when they have the creative freedom to really go psycho. This should be airing on Lifetime.

Vogel seems unlikely because of the fact that we've been showing her receiving brain packages so often and being shocked/horrified by it. By herself. Why would she deliver brain packages to her own door and act scared by it with no one around to see?

I mean, yes, she is connected to the brain surgeon somehow, that much is clear, but I don't think she is the brain surgeon herself.

That's why, basically.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm just happy they got rid of that spoiled rich douche-fuck Zach kid. There was no way I wanted to see him continue Dexter's code.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coribald said:

If we had gotten Yvonne Strahovski's tits last night, I would've forgiven this show just a little. Nope.

We DESERVED those tits after all these weeks of gut wrenching boredom, they can't rip us off like that, titless Dexter sex is NOT my idea of a good life. Grrrrrr.

Loading Video...

DarthCaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By DarthCaine

This is really a horrible season, especially for a final one. They're just going through the boring motions, while a final season should be something like The Shield's or Breaking Bad's. This season is even more boring than Season 6, an all time low for the series.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious the brain surgeon is Cassie's boyfriend. Oh yeah, and Vogel definitely dies

Avatar image for deactivated-650f737f2e2d5
deactivated-650f737f2e2d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I think they should've just ended the series with Deb shooting LaGuerta. In terms of character development, I don't think there's anything they could do that would have more impact.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hannah is not the killer, Vogel is. Dexter and Hannah are going to argentina. I just wrote the show, Dexter has become boring and predictable. I can watch Breaking Bad over and over not this show. I havent gone back to other seasons.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmmm
mmmm

So... apparently Zack died? I don't remember that from last week's episode?

Who cares anyway, here's the only real reason I'm still watching <--

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just end it. If there is going to be a spin off, it will be terrible

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BabyChooChoo

"HEY GUYS, BTW I HAVE A SUPER SMART, SUPER CRAZY SON I FORGOT TO MENTION."

UGH, this freakin show.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By TyCobb

Is it wrong to think that Burn Notice is now a superior show than Dexter? I have been watching both final seasons and I have to admit that Burn Notice's is so much better which is fucking crazy to think about. I actually look forward more to Thursday than Sunday (if you exclude Breaking Bad).

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Auhg, really, it's her son that's the killer? This is the final season and the big bad guy winds up just being some guy, he is just some guy, him being Vogels son is meaningless because she was only introduced in this season so we don't really have much reason to care about her. Hell, why did the final season need a big bad guy for Dexter to go after? How about Quinn, this season could have been Quinn figuring out what Dexter was and going after him and Deb being stuck in the middle and I don't know, I know it's stupid but with the amount of time we've spent with Quinn it would at least add up to anything and he's been in the show for years so it's someone we have stakes in, but oh no, the big bad guy for this season is the son of the woman only introduced in this season and AUHG. I'm actually enjoying the show still because I still think the character of Dexter is great, Micheal Hall is a great actor and I like a bunch of the side characters but this is just hair pullingly dreadful.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#119  Edited By Aegon

@zolroyce: Yeah, Quinn would have probably been a pretty good antagonist choice for this season.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By pr1mus

Last week i decided to watch Dexter first so i could be disappointed and follow with Breaking Bad so i could end the evening on a high note. This week i watched Breaking Bad first because that's what matters and followed with Dexter because whatever and hoping they would realize there's only 4 episodes left and maybe doing something remotely interesting wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Now despite having followed the show since the beginning and considering it to be some of the very best TV i've ever watched when it was at its strongest i'm seriously thinking about not watching the remaining three episodes.

This is something else entirely in how fucking piss poor this show is now. I've given up on shows i didn't like all that much anymore before but never after this long for something i've loved so much and this close to the end.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By plaintomato

@dudeglove

@punkxblaze said:

@plaintomato said:

Anyway, no way the killer is the boyfriend. If he's not a straight up red herring he's just yet again another brain surgeon plant. Eight episodes in we have to know the brain surgeon pretty well by now, which means it's either Hanna getting her revenge or Vogel is a mastermind psycho. Vogel is the obvious choice and the only one that really adds any value to the eight episodes so far - so the only question is whether they've been building up for the obvious choice or just making Vogel look psycho to keep suspicion off Hanna.

What a waste of a final season when they have the creative freedom to really go psycho. This should be airing on Lifetime.

Vogel seems unlikely because of the fact that we've been showing her receiving brain packages so often and being shocked/horrified by it. By herself. Why would she deliver brain packages to her own door and act scared by it with no one around to see?

I mean, yes, she is connected to the brain surgeon somehow, that much is clear, but I don't think she is the brain surgeon herself.

That's why, basically.

Yeah, with Vogel it was all the kind of misdirection that could have easily left her open to still be the killer. But no. It IS the boyfriend, a guy we've met for five seconds total in eight episodes of the final season. Maybe they wanted to try something new for the final season; it must have been an easy pitch:

"Okay guys, imagine DEXTER but without the tension. Think Miami Hills 90210 meets Nancy Drew, but instead of one final season we do like a bunch mini-plots in a row? Do we love it? Damn right WE LOVE IT!"

What should the mini-plots be? Oh I don't know...we could do 'Deb hates Dexter', or 'Dexter gets a protege'? Okay, but if you do those, make sure you scrub and reset so that they don't matter to the actual final plot okay? Perfect, that will cut down on our work hours - how many episodes do we have to actually write? Oh, I don't know, two or three sounds good, we're going off the air anyway so it's not like it matters.

There you have it people, that's how the pre-production planning meeting went down.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Marcsman

It's also quite obvious that Hannah isn't going to make it either.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This final season should have been about Dexter getting hunted and someone in Miami Metro knowing his secret, the way they decided to go with this season is just disappointing. The ending of season 7 had potential to change everything.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It is crazy seeing the massive difference in quality when watching Breaking Bad and Dexter on the same night. I'll continue to watch Dexter just because I need to see this through even though I really dislike this entire season.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Sooty

Anyone else noticed every season where Dexter has pursued a love interest has been pretty bad?

Season 7 was good, but would have been better without that Chuck floozie. This season started off all right, then she came back, and now it's a shit show.

I think the best seasons were 1-4, they were all fantastic. I especially liked Miguel Prado.

Loading Video...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Sterling

Thankfully there is only two episodes left. The writes really phoned this one in. I can't wait to see what a train-wreck the last episode is however.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am so sad how bad this has been season 7 had promise for the first time since season 4 and they fucked it. good night sweet prince...that was good for 3 seasons

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the first time in five years, new Dexter episodes are coming out and I'm NOT WATCHING THEM.

I feel like a badass, you don't wanna fuq wit me ;]

Show's over, goodnight sweet price indeed! It's been fun, mostly.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Marcsman

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it DID. At least Vogel is gone.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Sooty

All this Argentina bullshit is the fucking worst. Dexter acting like a 15 year old who met a girl on World of Warcraft.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By pr1mus

The scene with Harrison and the treadmill was so bad i wanted to punch the fucking TV! Actually i wanted to punch myself for still watching this bullcrap.

I very rarely quit a show in the middle of a season but managed to do so this year with The Walking Dead so i should be able to again but nooooooooo... then again TWD was never great to begin with.

At its best Dexter was amazing, some of the very best TV ever done. This though is just insultingly bad.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

So I'm like 4 episodes behind this season (because I kinda don't care. The first few episodes were AWFUL). Should I catch up? I've watched all of Dexter and really liked it but I have had no desire to watch it. Not to mention the other show I am watching that is also ending soon (Breaking Bad) has seemed better in every way possible for the season thus far.

Really sad about what's happened to Dexter. Season 7 made it seem like the show would end with a bang. Apparently that is not the case.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way the end of this series will be satisfying will be if Dexter is in a cafe in Argentina and you hear a gunshot and the screen fades to black, Sopranos style...

... But then comes back in and shows Robo-Doakes standing over Dexter's corpse.

"Surprise motherfucker"

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h: No, it will just make you angry. Wait for the finale, read a synopsis, and watch the finale. If there weren't only 2 episodes left I would do the same thing. It's so bad.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By BoOzak

@pr1mus: I know the feeling, I just want this series to end so I can be done with it. Which is sad since it used to be one of my favourite shows on TV.

Also did they ever explain how Dexter ended up on a bench in the street after Hannah drugged him? I know this was a few episodes back but it's still bothering me. Did she drag him? In broad daylight? I know i'm just supposed to accept this, like when Dexter took Travis to the church without anyone noticing, but still.

And shoudnt Vogel's son have an english accent? I know prolonged time in the states (or anywhere else) can effect your accent but it shouldnt wipe it out completly. I get that you can fake it but why would he force an accent when speaking to his mother?

Anyway, that's my plot hole bitch for today.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, don't watch this season if you can avoid it. It's the most disgusting web of pointless plots, egregious plot resets, and 'tween fan fiction quality writing I've ever forced myself to endure. But I kind of have to finish 'cause I liked even the "bad" seasons before this.

Two more episodes to choke down, I can do it. The upside is that after looking forward to Dexter every year, now I could really care less about it going off the air, so it's really no loss. Is that an upside? What soap opera trash this is.

If Doakes did come back to finish the job, it would actually fit right in nicely with the rest of the season. It's one thing for a show to ignore inconvenient plot elements from past seasons - but this season itself is a collage of half-written filler, false-starts and blatant resets. Ugh.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Aegon

Dr. Vogel is such a bad character, you guys.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

Dr. Vogel is such a bad character, you guys.

NOT ANYMORE!

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This final season has been the writers saying "Hey, remember when this thing happened in a past season? Wasn't it awesome? Let's do that thing again!" over and over. It's nowhere near as bad as Season 6, (the Edward James Olmos season,) it's just mediocre at best.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This final season has been the writers saying "Hey, remember when this thing happened in a past season? Wasn't it awesome? Let's do that thing again!" over and over. It's nowhere near as bad as Season 6, (the Edward James Olmos season,) it's just mediocre at best.

Seasons 5 and 6 were so boring. It's the only time I've ever skipped episodes of a show I watch. It just had no momentum. Season 8 has been just as bad as those seasons, but it still moves along at a faster pace, probably because I just want to see the ending now. Writing has hit rock bottom though. Season 8 is easily the worst season in that regard.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soap opera with serial killers.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Nilazz

I'm so ******* disappointed with this season, they didn't just drop the ball, the ball broke the floor and Dexter dropped down right with it. This show officially sucks right now. Kinda. It wouldn't surprise me if the spin off they've been talking about is Dexter in Argentina.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By vaiz

So I guess it's looking like the spoilers that have been floating around are probably true.

Uh, don't mouse over the following if you don't want to know.

Debra dies after being shot, Quinn figures out what Dexter is, they take Saxon out together for Deb, Dexter escapes the country, Quinn becomes the new Dexter, gives the "Tonight's the night" soliloquy to close out the series.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coribald said:

@punkxblaze said:

So I guess it's looking like the spoilers that have been floating around are probably true.

Uh, don't mouse over the following if you don't want to know.

Debra dies after being shot, Quinn figures out what Dexter is, they take Saxon out together for Deb, Dexter escapes the country, Quinn becomes the new Dexter, gives the "Tonight's the night" soliloquy to close out the series.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

I'm so excited. It's just so insanely implausible I couldn't believe it. Watching it line up tonight was amazing.

I just want to see that last part happen so bad. It's a really weird turn for that specific character, but I guess it kind of makes sense given the circumstances-- and I think the past couple of seasons have been leading somewhat in that direction, especially last season.