• 72 results
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By conker

Ok so, I have told this to only my closest friends. You might say I'm a little shy when it comes to these things, but since this is the Internet, theres this sense of anonominity (spelling?). I've been wanting to get opinions if what I did was right or not. Be warned-This is a LONG READ. Anyways, 

Last April, I got hired at a Subway. It was my first job, and I was in Grade 12 at the time. The job was real good, and all of the employees were real friendly, without exception. So I started working there, and became friends you can say with all the employees, whom were all female. There was only one other guy working there, but we had a shift together like once a week.  

So all was well. Then, about two months later, they hired another girl, who we'll call Emma (not her real name). She had a very energetic, and sometimes, literally insane personality, and she caught on with everyone else, except me. It took a while for us to have good work chemistry, something that is weird, because when it comes to these things, I click with people almost instantly, but with her, I didn't. Right of the bat, she was talking about all the crazy places she had sex with her boyfriend, and it was very uncomfortable for me. I dunno about you, but I don't like hearing about that time you and you boyfriend had sex on the picnic table. Plus we're workin with food! Jeez people! 

I saw it coming, but I guess I denied. Let me be clear that I had no 'feelings' for Emma, and still don't. But it started with these flirty comments from her, the 'accidental' touching etc. At this point, she was still with someone, or so I thought. One shift, the other guy who worked there OUTRIGHT asked me "Does Emma have a crush on you?" I told him no, and that she has a bf, to which another employee replied that they broke up. It took off from there, and she started doing these creepy things. Like we had this board, and one time she drew a mother with a baby that said that I wouldnt pay child support. And she kept talking about our supposed wedding. Creepy as all HELL duders. 

Then eventually, shit hit the fan. If any of you worked at subway, you guys know how there's a freezer with the bread in it? Well I was in the fridge filling bread, and she walked in. Our Subway was pretty small, and the fridge barely fit one person, but she squeezed herself in and said "It's really hot in here" and she started to take her clothes off. I was really stunned at this point, because well it was a shocking thing. So I just walked out, and quit the next day.  

I haven't seen her since. 

Did I do the right thing? I know for certain I could have talked to the owner and got her fired, he like me, and treated me like his grandkid (on numerous ocassions he would talk to me about university, and making the right choices in life etc). And no, she wasn't hot, atleast not to me... 

Sorry for the wall!!
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By conker

Ok so, I have told this to only my closest friends. You might say I'm a little shy when it comes to these things, but since this is the Internet, theres this sense of anonominity (spelling?). I've been wanting to get opinions if what I did was right or not. Be warned-This is a LONG READ. Anyways, 

Last April, I got hired at a Subway. It was my first job, and I was in Grade 12 at the time. The job was real good, and all of the employees were real friendly, without exception. So I started working there, and became friends you can say with all the employees, whom were all female. There was only one other guy working there, but we had a shift together like once a week.  

So all was well. Then, about two months later, they hired another girl, who we'll call Emma (not her real name). She had a very energetic, and sometimes, literally insane personality, and she caught on with everyone else, except me. It took a while for us to have good work chemistry, something that is weird, because when it comes to these things, I click with people almost instantly, but with her, I didn't. Right of the bat, she was talking about all the crazy places she had sex with her boyfriend, and it was very uncomfortable for me. I dunno about you, but I don't like hearing about that time you and you boyfriend had sex on the picnic table. Plus we're workin with food! Jeez people! 

I saw it coming, but I guess I denied. Let me be clear that I had no 'feelings' for Emma, and still don't. But it started with these flirty comments from her, the 'accidental' touching etc. At this point, she was still with someone, or so I thought. One shift, the other guy who worked there OUTRIGHT asked me "Does Emma have a crush on you?" I told him no, and that she has a bf, to which another employee replied that they broke up. It took off from there, and she started doing these creepy things. Like we had this board, and one time she drew a mother with a baby that said that I wouldnt pay child support. And she kept talking about our supposed wedding. Creepy as all HELL duders. 

Then eventually, shit hit the fan. If any of you worked at subway, you guys know how there's a freezer with the bread in it? Well I was in the fridge filling bread, and she walked in. Our Subway was pretty small, and the fridge barely fit one person, but she squeezed herself in and said "It's really hot in here" and she started to take her clothes off. I was really stunned at this point, because well it was a shocking thing. So I just walked out, and quit the next day.  

I haven't seen her since. 

Did I do the right thing? I know for certain I could have talked to the owner and got her fired, he like me, and treated me like his grandkid (on numerous ocassions he would talk to me about university, and making the right choices in life etc). And no, she wasn't hot, atleast not to me... 

Sorry for the wall!!
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

i would of rather talked to the boss dude but i would be living with guilt afterwards. man that girl must be awesome and crazy 

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Noodlearms

A girl was taking her clothes off and you walked away.

Dude.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BigBoss1911

Lol crazy bitch, I would probably would have done the same thing.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By me3639

We didnt get info on what she looked like, that is more important than if the bitch is crazy or not.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By conker

@AjayRaz:

That is the main reason I didn't talk to him, guilt. She was crazy, and awesome if that didn't happen.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911
@me3639 said:
" We didnt get info on what she looked like, that is more important than if the bitch is crazy or not. "
OP said she wasent hot.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By conker
@Noodlearms:  
1) I don't roll that way 
2) She wasn't hot. You gotta have standards dude.
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By cap123

she better have been ugly as hell or you mad, bro

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Noodlearms
@Conker said:
"@Noodlearms:  1) I don't roll that way 2) She wasn't hot. You gotta have standards dude. "

Oh shit, my bad. If she wasn't hot then yeah, gtfo.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By EpicSteve

I'm assuming the manager asked for a reason regarding you quitting. What did you say? You did the right thing, you powers of resisting the dark side are strong. 

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By conker
@EpicSteve:
Haha, ya. 
When I told him that I need to quit, he didn't ask for a reason. He just had a real sad face, and nodded slowly. On my last shift he told me that I was welcome back anytime if I needed a job or anything like that.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By conker
@me3639:
Like I said, she wasn't hot, to me atleast. But she used have a boyfriend, so I dunno? 
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I don't know if quitting was the right thing. You could have talked about it with her. It probably would have turned out bad (i.e. she would start making life hard for you), but you never know what'll happen. It sounded as if you liked your job a lot, which is kind of a bummer from your perspective, man. Veni, vidi, vici, right? By leaving, you allowed her to keep her position, and you walked out without a mess on your hands. That was a very altruistic thing to do. I probably would have tried to keep myself in; you have done better than I would have.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By TheHT

D:

Never eating Subway again.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bicycleham

Sounds like a whore to me. Koops to you man.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By renmckormack

(1) Never snitch on somone, it is bad for the community.  (so there you did the right thing)
(2) Sex in the freezer with a strange crazy girl is ALWAYS a good story.  As long as you can escape the obvious stalking that would occur afterward (I am going to say you did the right thing, but I am deducting points, not too many because you are still a youth. )  
(3) Blimpie makes better subs for a chain (so that was way wrong.  Unforgivable) 

Don't worry about it

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By conker
@ZanzibarBreeze:
Thanks, and yea I like the job. Some really nice people, and I still visit from time to time. And honestly, after the incident I didn't talk to her anymore, and thankfully didnt have any shifts with her after it. Funny thing is, I dont think anyone knew about it, but one girl who worked there, I guess she figuret something was up. She was the one employee I most connected with I think, and she was real helpful, like in a slick sort of way. Oh well.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ninjakiller

...wow wtf.....you must be gay.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By conker
@ninjakiller:
Thanks for the productive post. For the record, I'm not gay. I however, DO have STANDARDS.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@TheHT said:
" D:  Never eating Subway again. "
Oh no, don't be like that! I don't work at Subway or anything. Haven't had Subway for a couple of months now, in fact. Still, that meatball sub is amazing.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ninjakiller
@Conker: 
No Caption Provided
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By PerryVandell

Yeah... I would say you made the right choice. Even if she was hot, she seems like the kinda person who slits their wrists, using the blood to write creepy messages. I probably would've told the manager, so I could keep my job but whatever. (I also worked at subway so I know exactly what you mean about the freezer)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By TheHT
@ZanzibarBreeze: But what if the sauces have a little extra surprise?! Oh lawd, this could happen anywhere! This is how OCDs get started.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By conker
@Fullmetal216:
Yea wouldn't be surprised if she did do that.
Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Crocio

Great job mate, not many kids have the self confidence to hold themselves to a higher standard, especially at your age.
Yes, you did the right thing; why? because you enforced your own conduct of morals.
Of course, morals are all arbitrary, you could just avoid any rational thoughts or judgements; however, holding yourself up 
to a standard and consistently adherinng ensures you'll make decisions to your own benefit.

Additionally, sex with some object isn't sex at all; it needs emotion and passion. Without that, you're like any other idiot
taking advantage of confused women, as happens in our(I assume you live in the United States) secondary and college school system all the time.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bones8677

I would say that the right thing to do was to tell her directly how you felt towards her and her personality. Maybe if she knew how you felt she would have backed off or changed or whatever. Now you lost your job because someone joined the team and you didn't have the nerve to do what it took to maintain a healthy work environment. You were right to not follow her advances but you were terribly wrong to let her get the better of you and leave the job.

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crocio

I assume you have talked with the owner about this?

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@TheHT said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze: But what if the sauces have a little extra surprise?! Oh lawd, this could happen anywhere! This is how OCDs get started. "
OH SHHHIIIIIIII---

I'm never eating out again. Thanks, man. :)
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By conker
@Crocio:
I live in Canada so it's pretty much the same thing
, and no I did not talk to him about it
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By conker
@Bones8677:
To be totally honest, I did talk to her once about it. She took it really badly, and she backed off for like, a week. Then it just got more intense, so I didnt know what to do. It was really uncomfortable.
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@Bones8677 said:
" I would say that the right thing to do was to tell her directly how you felt towards her and her personality. Maybe if she knew how you felt she would have backed off or changed or whatever. Now you lost your job because someone joined the team and you didn't have the nerve to do what it took to maintain a healthy work environment. You were right to not follow her advances but you were terribly wrong to let her get the better of you and leave the job. "
That's what I would of done. There's a certain element of pride there, or whatever. I feel it. Again, though, I get the feeling from @Conker's description of this girl that she would have been the type to make life very... difficult. Now, there's obviously a balance to be found - do you put up with shit in order to keep your job? At what point do you back away? It obviously depends on a number of other factors as well. At the end of the day, it's down to how the individual feels.
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Clinkz
@Conker said:
" @Crocio: I live in Canada so it's pretty much the same thing, and no I did not talk to him about it "
I got a friend who lives in a small town in Canada. For some reason, this shit happens all the time in small towns up there. The girls must feel depressed that their lives are going no where and that they are working at electronic stores.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Gabriel
@Noodlearms said:
"

A girl was taking her clothes off and you walked away.

Dude.

"
Yeah he's a bitch, Hit it and quit it.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By conker
@ZanzibarBreeze:
Like I said, I did talk to her, and she took it real bad. Made things difficult, like she'd refuse to do stuff, and she backed off for like a week. Then it got worse.
Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crocio
@Conker said:
" @Crocio: I live in Canada so it's pretty much the same thing, and no I did not talk to him about it "
You should absolutely talk to him about this.
Though it doesn't matter now, you clearly have some want to get rid of the issue.
Also, given the examples of this man's advice and care towards you, I do not doubt his understanding; heck, I'm sure he's wondering why you just left.
If you do confront him, just be honest.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Well, was she ugly? If she wasn't ugly, then...dude. 

If we was downright ugly, then...eh, you have standards. That's great. You made the right choice. 

I still read this as... "A woman was taking off her clothes in front of me so I walked away."

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By captain_clayman
@Conker said:
" @Noodlearms:  1) I don't roll that way 2) She wasn't hot. You gotta have standards dude. "
well than i forgive you 
i probably wouldn't have quit though.  i would have just talked to the boss or something.  just because there's some crazy bitch around you doesn't mean you have to give up YOUR job.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bones8677
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" @Bones8677 said:
" I would say that the right thing to do was to tell her directly how you felt towards her and her personality. Maybe if she knew how you felt she would have backed off or changed or whatever. Now you lost your job because someone joined the team and you didn't have the nerve to do what it took to maintain a healthy work environment. You were right to not follow her advances but you were terribly wrong to let her get the better of you and leave the job. "
That's what I would of done. There's a certain element of pride there, or whatever. I feel it. Again, though, I get the feeling from @Conker's description of this girl that she would have been the type to make life very... difficult. Now, there's obviously a balance to be found - do you put up with shit in order to keep your job? At what point do you back away? It obviously depends on a number of other factors as well. At the end of the day, it's down to how the individual feels. "
In this economy every person has to put up with a lot of shit if it means keeping their job. Especially in the OP's situation which is frivolous compared to what most people have to go through in their work place.
macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By macandcheese

Mad props on holding yourself to a high standard, probably would have done the same thing,she sounds like the kind of girl who would break into your house late at night. Though if you had sex it would have been awsome thing to say "I had sex in the freezer of a subway". Cmon how many people can say that.

Edit
Also funny that she said it was hot in the freezer,cant really misinterpret that.

IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By IcySandman

I think you did the best thing, and I'm never eating at Subway again D:

In all seriousness getting her fired wouldn't be good because she could stalk you...like follow you home or attack you at work.  So quitting and working in a different area would be the best outcome. 

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By angelkanarias

I don't like when girls talk about their sexual encounters with boyfriends or whatever, it's weird. I know some girls think it's like modern or something, but I don't really want to know. And yeah, I wouldn't have sex with that ugly nutcase. About you quitting, I wouldn't have quited if I liked the job. I would attempt to tell her?!! But if it would become a real problem I would plainly inform my boss and just make him pick the one to kick out, it seems he would kick out that crazy chick anyways.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By conker
@AlwaysAngry:
I wouldn't say she was UGLY. Just, unattractive.
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By conker
@angelkanarias:
Yea those were some uncomfortable stories. And like I mentioned, I did tell her, but she took it real bad. And I think a few weeks after I told her she took off her clothes. And I knew for a fact if I told the boss he woiuld fire her, so I figured, Might as well just leave. Less of a headache.
link_dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By link_dc

Of course you did the right thing! It makes me happy to think that there are people like you, who have the will not to be a man whore. It's kinda tiring seeing all these type of threads, and then always seeing half the post saying something to the effect of "U dident do her!? mAn WahTahFah!?"

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By conker
@Crocio:
That`s the reason why I didn`t talk to him. He would have fired her almost instantly, and I didn`t want that. Should I have done that?
conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By conker
@link_dc:  
Haha, thanks!
link_dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By link_dc
@Conker: It's kind of hard to say how a person like her would react if you did have her fired. Maybe she would react with some crazed action, or maybe she would just be ashamed and never go near that subway again. But I think what you did was probably the most considerate thing you could have done.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Conker: DUDE, if you dont have a job go back, and flit with hot subway employees
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Organicalistic_
@ninjakiller: he probably didn't want to get an std.
@Conker: right?