Did you ever feel attracted to a non-human character?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#151  Edited By ajamafalous
@PrivateIronTFU: Knew you'd have my back bro.
HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By HellBrendy

@nohthink said:

@Morrow: It's the voice. Garrus got amazing voice.

Yep, I like Garrus for the same my self (as a male). This also applies to Tali. Mass Effect doesn't really get to count though, since the faces in that game are mostly lifted from some model or other, and the same goes for most of the voices. I hate it actually, it's like the galaxy is placed in the middle of Uncanny Valley. The bad kind.

Roxxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Roxxy

Furry here, Just going to say that most people wont admit things like these, but I assure you are not alone ^^

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#154  Edited By TobbRobb

I can appreciate a fine animated ass, human or not. If I ever get emotionally connected to someone though, they tend to be human.

Odd thing in Mass Effect though, I have a real hard time caring about any of the women. Thane and Garrus is where the emotions are. That is largely why I prefer playing femshep as well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#155  Edited By Yummylee

Gimme some of that Gaping Dragon, oh yeah baby.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By stryker1121

@Morrow said:

@nohthink said:

@Morrow: It's the voice. Garrus got amazing voice.

I also found Neyriti quiet sexy but she is based on a real actress.... That's how I justify myself.

I noticed that. It might be a mixture of his voice, behavior and backstory that I like.

I can see that. Garrus is so grounded, calm at all times, loyal to Shep and a badass Archangel in his own right. Plus, that voice..so yeah, not too kinky I suppose. The heart wants what the heart wants, eh?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#157  Edited By Brendan

I think if I actually saw an Asari in real life, with the real tentacle heads, it would probably just look weird.

ragemachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ragemachine

Sexual attraction is a physiological process entirely occurring in the brain which has an effect on your genitals; not the other way around. Granted your genitals play a vital role in hormone production which then influences your mental processes, it's still an entirely mental process and as such largely influenced by one's cognitive biases. Attraction to non-human characters would have varying degrees of deviancy, obviously, but attraction to humanoid characters specifically styled after human traits which are attractive is hardly deviant. Sexual attraction at its base serves as a device by which we are attracted to genetic traits which are indicative of good genetics and thus want in our offspring; this isn't limited to only physical traits but also includes behaviors which are indicative of social, emotional, analytical intelligence etc. Naturally it serves that sexual attraction goes beyond just physical attraction. Even if the character is technically non-human it's displaying all of the markers of good genetics in humans, it only follows that one reacts to that.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#159  Edited By VisariLoyalist

considering most aliens are made to look mostly human, and considering in science fiction they're more used as an allegory for "insert exotic culture here", then I think it's not that weird.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By stryker1121

@Demoskinos said:

I can't believe nobody has the hots for the broodmother C'mon guys all them boobs.

Humana humana.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#161  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I feel this topic has an unusual amount of responses when compared to the number of views. Odd.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

#162  Edited By MikeinSC

@Morrow said:

@Humanity said:

As long as they have nice boobs that are displayed prominently then I think I can dig it. It's a make flaw I think.

This is a feature unique to males (unfortunately). I sometimes wish I could be all over cock and ignore faces. But I am a face person D: The face and charisma, that makes it for me.

Whoa. Let's not tar all men because furries exist. Furries are creepy little trolls who should be mocked relentlessly. Don't insult men by blaming being male for that idiocy.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Do Death and Delirium from the Sandman comics count as non-human characters? Alien Lifeforms... Not so much...

Death
Death
Delirium
Delirium

Edit: Fixed the broken layout... or at least tried to fix it...

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Jay444111

@SeriouslyNow said:

I'm attracted to Jay.

If you are a guy... I am sorry to say but I don't roll that way. However, if your are a girl then I do roll that way.

But I gotta agree with kermit the frog guy on this topic. This thread is spiraling downwards into a dark and bottomless pit.

Oh, and I feel the need to show this video for this topic.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By crusader8463

I'm not a racist. I will stick my penis in anything that lets me.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By stryker1121

I was a big fan of Farscape, and Gigi Edgley's character Chiana was part of the reason why.

No Caption Provided
AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By AngelN7

@rentfn said:

Dude from what site is that podcast? that was Bombcast level of awesome.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Ketchupp

OMG Tali....

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Patman99

To be honest, I've never been attracted to a non-human thing. This includes virtual/video game characters. The person has to be real for me to actually be attracted.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170  Edited By Snipzor

Came here expecting two things, hate for furries and love for Garrus. I am leaving both slightly angry and satisfied as per my original expectations.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By napalm

@Morrow: I say you should throw on some blue paint and we can find out.

HEY-OO.

EDIT: But seriously.

johnbakosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By johnbakosh

No.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#173  Edited By donutfever

I'm not attracted to videogame characters at all. Is... is that bad?

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#174  Edited By donutfever
@AngelN7 said:

@rentfn said:

Dude from what site is that podcast? that was Bombcast level of awesome.

Old 1UP. It ended a while ago. Out of the Game has kind of replaced it, but they don't have anything resembling a schedule. Episodes can be years or months apart. 
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#175  Edited By JasonR86
agemyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By agemyth

If I say I found Garrus to be attractive specifically because I was FemShep, does the role-playing make it ok?

Aw who cares. Gay for Garrus.

@rentfn said:

RIP The Brodeo

I wish I had thought of that video first.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#177  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I found Tali from the Mass Effect series attractive. I think it was just the air of mystery around her looks. Also, her nervousness around Sheperd when he expresses interest in her, I find really adorable. X-)

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#178  Edited By weegieanawrench

Yeah, for sure. Liara is one hot broad.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By rentfn

@agemyth: It was the first thing I thought of when i read the title of this thread. I miss this podcast so much. It was good to listen to the best ofs.

@AngelN7: It was from GFW Radio. Jeff Green was part of it who has been on the bombcast a few times. The This Year website did a best of 2006 and 2007. If you've never listened to them you really should. http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2011/07/11-gfw-radio-2006.html

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By 71Ranchero

Oh god, you dont even want to know what goes on in my mind when I boot up GT5 and drive the Maserati GranTurismo S......

I want to have its aluminum and carbon fiber babys.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Aronman789

I'm more of a personality man than one of physical objects, so if I like someone and they happen to not look human, then sure, I'll find a hole to stick it in.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#182  Edited By Xeiphyer

Sure, drawn, created in 3D, or just plain old normal real life people are easy to find attractive. We can recognize beauty in form, and we can see that form in those creations, so even if they're not a real person you can still find them attractive. Some people have trouble handling that, but its just human nature. 

Also, as is the case with anime or videogame characters, they have personalities and human characteristics. Even in the cases where they aren't human, they still behave similarly enough to us that we can find human characteristics in them. Give them a human voice and that's another step in the same direction. 

Liara and Garrus may not be human, but they are humanoid, so their form resembles ours, and we can find that attractive. They behave like humans as well, and are voiced by humans, so we can find natural attractive qualities in that.

I think the personality is a huge factor in attraction, beyond purely physical attraction, our connection with somebody or something is based on their personality. We can find ourselves agreeing with the views of Garrus and Liara, and sympathizing with them. Even if they're not human, their personalities behave in ways that are similar to a human, so we find comfort and companionship in that parallel.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#183  Edited By Phatmac

Really love Morrigan from DA:O. Not in a creepy way, just like her personality.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By WickedFather
@Sackmanjones said:
Hot damn 
Hot damn 
 HOTTER AND DAMNER
 HOTTER AND DAMNER
I actually had a thing for Midna, and yes, before the transformation.  That cheeky wink and inviting mouth that holds the danger of the potentially lacerating tooth that could be used to playfully nip at your shoulder one moment or even draw a bead of blood as she bites down harder with closed eyes during...   Uhhh, where am I again?
DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#185  Edited By DarkShaper

@Morrow said:

@Angre_Leperkan439 said:

At least you weren't attracted to like a Pikachu or something. I feel like that'd be pushing it a bit O.o

"What can I say... he... electrifies me."

lol, oh my. Well human-like features need to be present. Pokemon are cute, but in no way sexual. Although there might be a niche for this too... but I don't want to think about that.

I don't know... Magcargo IS pretty sexy.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By AngelN7

@rentfn said:

@agemyth: It was the first thing I thought of when i read the title of this thread. I miss this podcast so much. It was good to listen to the best ofs.

@AngelN7: It was from GFW Radio. Jeff Green was part of it who has been on the bombcast a few times. The This Year website did a best of 2006 and 2007. If you've never listened to them you really should. http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2011/07/11-gfw-radio-2006.html

Oh thanks after wathcing a clip on the Age of Conan 'cybering' I'm definetively gonna check that site, too bad the podcast is over because it was awesome.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@Phatmac: I remember reading that canonically she's who the Wander's suppose to be with.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@FluxWaveZ said:

Not... really...

Wait, I lied. I totally forgot about Liara, who's pretty damn awesome.

...Crap.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#189  Edited By Phatmac

@SmasheControllers said:

@Phatmac: I remember reading that canonically she's who the Wander's suppose to be with.

Makes sense, that's who I would pick.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Skytylz

I thought Ziyal (Gul Dukat's daughter)l was kinda cute from Deep Space 9.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#191  Edited By retrovirus

I thought Liara's characterization was done really well.

Starting off as a naive young scientist and maturing into the full blown shadowbroker at the end of the DLC in ME2

Something about her inquisitive nature was really endearing to me, and the culmination of that relationship was satisfying to me.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#192  Edited By crusader8463

@RetroVirus: Thanks for the spoilers! Was wondering how long I could go before some story aspect of that game was ruined for me. Guess I will mark it on the calendar.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#193  Edited By StarvingGamer
@WickedFather Isn't Birdo a dude?
spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By spartanlolz92

the fact that they have boobs and human curves sorta makes it easy dont you think

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463 said:

@RetroVirus: Thanks for the spoilers! Was wondering how long I could go before some story aspect of that game was ruined for me. Guess I will mark it on the calendar.

If it helps, that doesn't actually happen in ME3.

Unless you just mean franchise spoilers.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Omega

@crusader8463 said:

I think that was a typo. Liara becomes the shadow broker in 2 not 3.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#197  Edited By spazmaster666

The problem is that most non-humans that we see in film, television or video games are based upon humans which means that the question you're asking is inherently flawed. Not to mention that if you are indeed attracted to a non-human, that's an indication that that so-called non-human has human-like traits. So what you're really attracted to are those human-like traits. This is the reason why some people find animated characters attractive: because they possess human like traits despite not looking like a real life human.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Robo

Non-human? Sure. There are some sexy aliens in science fiction.

Non-humanoid? Not that I can recall.

Sharpless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Sharpless

@Skytylz: Which one? Three actresses played Ziyal throughout the course of the series. :)

You know, I'm glad someone else here said it first: Yes, I am really into alien ladies. I have no idea why -- maybe it's Oola's fault -- but I love me some blue and/or green space women. Mass Effect's Asari are, of course, at the top of my list. (I prefer Samara over Liara, though.) Actually, now that I think about it, both Twi'leks and Asari have head tentacles... Man, I might be even more messed up than I thought.

Anyway, yeah, Star Trek, Star Wars, Farscape. Love those alien ladies. I think I'm going to need to marry a cosplayer.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Morrow

@MikeGosot said:

Yes. Aigis , Alisa Bosconovitch and hell, even GLaDOS, because of her voice. And i really like the Amazon from Futurama, because i have a thing for tall women. Also... I noticed that i really like robots. I'm feeling so weird right now.

@Morrow said:

@Humanity said:

As long as they have nice boobs that are displayed prominently then I think I can dig it. It's a make flaw I think.

This is a feature unique to males (unfortunately). I sometimes wish I could be all over cock and ignore faces. But I am a face person D: The face and charisma, that makes it for me.

Garrus doesn't have a beautiful face. Not in my opinion at least... But he is VERY charismatic.

lol I know, the face and charisma thing was actually referring to real life, to human men :D

But you're right, there is something charismatic about Garrus.