Do you believe the illuminati exist?

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

Do you believe that there really are evil (satanic) people that control the majority of the media and politics?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Niceanims

Maybe about as evil as Scooby Doo villains...

Nah, I don't.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The country is run too incompetently for there to be a well coordinated organization that's worthy of being feared. There are certainly a ton of groups that control politics and only a handful that actually own the media corporations; but they're so interested in extremely short term goals and outcomes and not at all interested in 20 years down the line when China is a massive unstoppable juggernaut.

Our society is too individualistic for there to be an effective organization of any kind for more than a handful of years.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've been around humans enough, and learned just enough about politics, that the idea of a very small group of 6 to a dozen or whatever people controlling everything secretly for decades could only possibly sound appealing to a person looking for a simple answer to a complex world. That last part could be used for a number of conspiracies.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By Zevvion

I know it for a fact. I play as a member of The Order, but I've seen a bunch of Illuminati scumbags running around in The Secret World.

In all honesty, my answer to this is the same as if I believe in God. No, but I can't prove it doesn't exist and therefor it can't be ruled out. My true answer is thus: I don't know.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The media and government are already in the pockets of corporations and banks, so I guess so? But it's not exactly a secret.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

We are the illuminati.

No, for really though.

WalkmanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely, why else does Jay-Z do that weird hand thing? Beyonce's nickname is QUEEN Bey! Follow the money people. #FollowTheMoney #Chemtrails

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, and any one who does really needs to get out more. It drives me mad that there are so many real problems in the world but people seem determined to create all these dumb conspiracies.

People are way too incompetent and talkative to keep any sort of huge underworld consipracy, of any kind, secret.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By abendlaender

Do I believe that an organization existed that called itself "Illuminati"? Sure, why not?

Do I believe they still exist and are what you think of when people say "Illuminati"? Hell no.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By conmulligan
MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely, why else does Jay-Z do that weird hand thing? Beyonce's nickname is QUEEN Bey! Follow the money people. #FollowTheMoney #Chemtrails

Illuminati

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dr_nefarious

@brendan said:

I've been around humans enough, and learned just enough about politics, that the idea of a very small group of 6 to a dozen or whatever people controlling everything secretly for decades could only possibly sound appealing to a person looking for a simple answer to a complex world. That last part could be used for a number of conspiracies.

I would say if anything it's more than a group of 6 to a dozen. I believe that there are secret societies all over the world. Who's to say that it doesn't exist? Because it sounds too far fetched? Oh please, open your eyes.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to really enjoy watching all those conspiracy shows about the Illuminati and at the time I did believe some of it. I then discovered the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe podcast and that fundamentally changed the way I think, making it almost impossible for me to believe in anything supernatural/divine/or even deeply conspiratorial. My brain literally won't allow me to believe certain things, even if I want to.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#16 fisk0  Moderator

@leebmx said:

No, and any one who does really needs to get out more. It drives me mad that there are so many real problems in the world but people seem determined to create all these dumb conspiracies.

People are way too incompetent and talkative to keep any sort of huge underworld consipracy, of any kind, secret.

Do I believe that an organization existed that called itself "Illuminati"? Sure, why not?

Do I believe they still exist and are what you think of when people say "Illuminati"? Hell no.

Pretty much this.

Considering how all real conspiracies have collapsed under their own weight as there is just no way to keep something hidden when enough people are involved. People just don't get along, nor are they competent to the degree needed to keep something like what the NWO believers think of could stay organized and secret over the course of several hundred years.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not at all. Now, Time Cube? THAT'S something I can get behind. Everything's cooler in cube form, and we know time exists, therefore chemtrails. Disprove that, disinfo agents!

BluPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Don't' even talk about it. We... I mean I'm serious.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illuminati? Don't be silly.

But Video Game Illuminati absolutely exist, as I have been trying to bring the truth about them to this forum for decades now. But I've already said too much. I have some literature for you if you'd like to meet in a scary alleyway sometime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Whether the Illuminati exists or not hardly matters in the grand scheme of things.

I believe that there actually ARE small groups that exert dominance over the vast-majority, but I don't believe that these groups are in secret hiding under some cult banner like the Illuminati. No, these groups are readily visible to us, but we as a public choose not to care.

The systems of government in Russia and China are clear examples of small groups of oligarchs shifting political, economic, and social policies in order to fit their needs. In my mind, the US is also going through a similar transition - where votes are dictated by misinformation (like Fox News or Russia Today) and where the ideals of democracy and the republic are being squandered by mismanaged campaign finance and redistricting laws.

I'm not surprised at the rapidly rising levels of social inequality because we as a public have failed and have let our system of democracy be fueled and influenced by money.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I mean, it's possible, but I don't personally think they exist. We are everywhere and our day of reckoning will come soon!

Although, I've been told by members of my family that my great grandfather was part of the "Illuminati". Like I said, I don't believe they exist, but I've never been able to make heads or tails of that claim.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Do you believe that there really are evil (satanic) people that control the majority of the media and politics?

No there is no organized group, no plan, or real control. But...but it would be shocking to most people that there are probably only a few thousand or so people in the world who run the banks, run the financial markets, run the countries, and run the militaries - so pretty much have recognizable real power to do...or no do things over most of the planet's surface.

There is no control, just crude shoving at the tiller of the big boat of earth by these people.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leebmx said:

Some 'conspiracies' are true though. Yeah, I can understand you getting upset or frustrated because there are a billion of them out there and most of them are probably nonsense. But don't dismiss something just because you can place it in the 'consipracy' category. At some point going against something publicly stated counts as a conspiracy. For instance, the US government said there were tons of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Saying there weren't any is looked upon as if it's a conspiracy.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@leebmx said:

Some 'conspiracies' are true though. Yeah, I can understand you getting upset or frustrated because there are a billion of them out there and most of them are probably nonsense. But don't dismiss something just because you can place it in the 'consipracy' category. At some point going against something publicly stated counts as a conspiracy. For instance, the US government said there were tons of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Saying there weren't any is looked upon as if it's a conspiracy.

I don't think that's a conspiracy. The US & UK government said something and they were proved wrong. No-one credible is maintaining Iraq had/has WMD's any more. I don't think you quite get what conspiracy means here - who is conspiring in this example?

What I am talking about are the sorts or people who say 9/11 was done by the US/Israelis, or that the US never went to the moon, those sorts of things. The sorts of scenarios which imply that there is a huge number of people working as some sort of secret society, controlling various aspects of the world, when in reality the US couldn't even keep their NSA spying programme secret.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bildeberg Group certainly do exist.

"In 2001, Denis Healey, a Bilderberg group founder and, for 30 years, a steering committee member, said: "To say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair."

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

They exist. They're just not real.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe the Illuminati exists, but I do believe extremely rich and influential people exist.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright Mark Dice...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

@theht:

When I first heard Meryl say that in Guns of the Patriots, I thought it was a snippet a sassy black woman would say in some random TV show. "La-li-lu-le-lo, please!"

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe the Illuminati exists, but I do believe extremely rich and influential people exist.

Well said, of course there are people out there who are rich enough, or just a big enough bully they can use their power to sway politics or media or what have you, but it's always been so much less cloak and dagger and the all seeing eye and more just some guy at some point in time making a decision that effects them to their own liking.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leebmx said:

@zevvion said:

@leebmx said:

I don't think that's a conspiracy. The US & UK government said something and they were proved wrong. No-one credible is maintaining Iraq had/has WMD's any more. I don't think you quite get what conspiracy means here - who is conspiring in this example?

What I am talking about are the sorts or people who say 9/11 was done by the US/Israelis, or that the US never went to the moon, those sorts of things. The sorts of scenarios which imply that there is a huge number of people working as some sort of secret society, controlling various aspects of the world, when in reality the US couldn't even keep their NSA spying programme secret.

No, I know it's not technically a conspiracy, but it's what people made it out to be at the time. I was talking about at the time, not right now. US falsified reports just to get a green light behind the war and those who said it was false were claimed to be conspiracy theorists.

To be clear, I'm not saying I believe in the Illuminate. Just saying it's hard to brush it off as nonsense without thinking about it. Of course, if there was a organization that was secretly in control and they wanted to remain secret, they'd be sure to have you believe that sort of stuff isn't possible in the first place. In your example, the spy-program could've been leaked on purpose to create the illusion of incompetence to organize something greater.

I don't actually believe my own words just now though. I'm just saying, however pointless it may be, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whether or not there is a small group of people that control what most other people are exposed to has nothing to do with belief or satanism.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do I think there's some all-seeing hidden group controlling politics in the background? No. Do I think the illuminati is a group that actually exists? Yes. I think people just use the name itself to try and cover up personal agendas (and some even use it as a threat to shut people up). I highly doubt that the many people who supposedly are in the Illuminati actually work together in any serious capacity. Just a name that people have grown accustomed to that allows problems and features of our complex world to be understood in a much simpler way (usually for the manipulation of those unwilling or unable to try and look at the world complexly).

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: I'd say it was out of the range of possibility but not impossible to imagine. This is the problem with conspiracy theories - they don't need any proof. As with your example, to any solid evidence conspiracy nuts can say - 'oh that's just what they want you to know.'

The thing is that the world is already controlled by a small group of people. A tiny proportion of the population own 90% of the world's wealth, and bend society to their ends to the detriment of the rest of us. We know who these people are and how they do it. However it is much easier and more simple to understand for some people if they pretend that actually all the injustice and problems in the worlds are schemed up out of sight by some untouchable cabal.

Dreaming up conspiracies is a way of not taking responsibility for the state of the world. It ignores all the real facts and problems in place of a fantasy where we are convieniently powerless. Sure there is the odd state cover-up and plotting goes on but it is almost always uncovered eventually. The illuminati/New World Order fantasies are either ways to avoid dealing with the far more complex and messy reality or just vehicles for expressing prejudice of one stripe or another - mostly anti-jew.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Am Illuminati, son

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mcfart

nope

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

If the Illuminati don't exist, how did Hulk get into space? Wake up, sheeple.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

OR IS THAT ME TELLING YOU WHAT THE ILLUMINATI WANTS TO YOU THINK?

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By kerse

Sure, but I'd be surprised if they're actually as powerful, if they have any power at all, as the myths make them out to be.

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Neonie

There is almost certainly a group of people who call them selves Illuminati. They are most likely peons, have no power over anything, aren't famous people or people who work in government, will accomplish nothing, and no one actually cares about them outside of their group. The Westboro Baptist church has made a bigger name for them selves then actual group of plebeians calling them selves Illuminati who exist.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ghost_cat

They're actually a bunch of old dudes who get drunk and play video games. Duh.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope so, it would make life so much more fun if the illuminati was real.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Not at all. Now, Time Cube? THAT'S something I can get behind. Everything's cooler in cube form, and we know time exists, therefore chemtrails. Disprove that, disinfo agents!

Educated man is a lie.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Where is HitmanAgent47 when you need him?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But there's that thing on the dollar bills and if you add up all the letter in nine eleven and then if you fold a twenty you can see the towers and AGH I JUST STABBED MYSELF WITH A PENCIL ON ACCIDENT OW OW OW OW OW and then theres the moon landing and buzz aldrin was a terrorist and

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I am the illuminati, who's asking?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aetheldod

A group called the illuminati pulling the strings? No .... a group of powerfull/wealthy people who by their actions has been shaping the world were capitalism reigns supreme and privately wants a more homoginized population for easier marketing , yes but they dont do that behind secret lairs summoning Satan and shit .... its called market studies :P. That the world is very conveniently ruled by the same people and practicly monarchic like dynasties of politicians etc. yes but just by chance. That there are people who manipulate events to help their agendas as the nazis did with the burning of the reichstag? Yes. That satanist have anything to do with this? No (those dudes tend to be over individualistic).