• 97 results
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Vonocourt

Don't come across them that often, last time the guy was sitting on the street divider when I was making a left turn. Sure it's one of the busier roads, but cars regularly go by at seventy.

I'd rather give them food though.

Also...

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By korolev

If they ask nicely, then yes, usually, if I can spare some. Don't usually get that many homeless people asking for money where I am from. If they look hard-done-by, I usually give them some change. Sure, they might be faking it - in fact, I'm sure some of them are. There are "professional" panhandlers who have jobs but dress up shabby and ask for money.

But you know what? I'm wiling to take the risk of giving my money to someone who doesn't deserve it, if it means that occasionally I give it to someone who does need it. Maybe they're fakers, maybe.... but maybe they're not. Maybe they really do need help.

It doesn't happen frequently and I can spare a couple of dollars that I would have blown on a candy-bar anyway (candy bars are expensive where I come from).

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By StrikeALight

I've always lived in rural areas, so its quite uncommon for me to encounter homeless folk.

On my trips to the big city, I'll occassionally offer up some homemade lemonade.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By penguindust

@PeasantAbuse said:

I've only given money once to some homeless guy that specifically wanted money for beer.

As odd as it sounds, I can agree with this. I have to admire the honesty of the gentleman to state clearly, "I want beer, gimme money". None of that sob story stuff or I am hungry, just "I need some beer, so help me buy some."

In my youth, I once bought some homeless people some food. They mugged me after that and bought beer and cigarettes with the cash. I shouldn't have fed them. It made them strong.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By That1BlackGuy

I do when I have extra money on me; usually drop them a couple of bucks.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Alexander
@Mcfart said:

No. I'm a college student in debt, so I have even less money then they do.

Beg harder.
Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Quipido

I am astonished by the people who say they live in a rich country so there are no homeless people - where is whealth is where also poorness (is that a word?) must exist. Also don't presume ALL the homeless people only buy drugs and booze. Every person (yes, they are people too) is different. Also for those who say they can not afford it - you are in a place with computers and internet, so you are either not serious or straight up disconnected from reality.

kucouyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kucouyf

Where I live, beggars, and homeless people usually make more in a day than me, so, no. I rarely give to them. But we have a great program for drug-users who want to feel like they contribute, so they can buy a magazine for a little cash, and sell it for double. I usually buy one of these if the guy selling them isn't to pushy.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By notdavid

I never carry cash. As soon as I come across someone who can charge my Mastercard, you bet your ass I'll toss him some funds.

Although, buying him a meal would probably solve that problem.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SeanFoster

No. I donate to charities and throw change in donation boxes. I have more faith they'll put the many to good use.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By Gladiator_Games

I gave a homeless fella a toonie last week and he asked for more so i took the toonie back.

sleeping143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sleeping143

I live in Singapore, so most of the people here aren't homeless, but sell stuff on the street for a few bucks like tissue paper or something. And I do try to help them out whenever I have some spare cash. I'm not sure about wherever you bombers are from if they just plead for money or at least work for it though.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By amir90

Never, if you are homeless in Norway, than you really fucked up

I don't mean fuck up, REALLY FUCK UP. It is almost impossible to being forced to live on the streets.

Or you are a foreigner that takes advantage of the EU law, and hang around the city asking for money, and never work.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By Gladiator_Games
@Quipido Its not always about living in a rich country. Many countries, such as the Norweigianer a few posts from now, have countries with really well set up safety nets for the leas fortunate. Its all about taxes!
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#65  Edited By StarvingGamer

Never, but I have given them food if I had something extra on hand, maybe three times ever.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I rarely see any homeless people in my hometown but at the Mall of America in Minneapolis the other day I gave money to a guy who looked like he had suffered a stroke at some point and needed a few bucks for the bus. It

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@MariachiMacabre
I rarely see any homeless people in my hometown but at the Mall of America in Minneapolis the other day I gave money to a guy who looked like he had suffered a stroke at some point and needed a few bucks for the bus. It
Stupid mobile site.

It pissed me off seeing people pretend this guy didn't exist.
Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Morrow

I buy them food. Some time ago I gave a homeless guy two sandwiches and he was pretty happy.

mowcrosoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mowcrosoft

@Labman: That's what one WOULD think who lives so far away from the homeless, once you see them writhing around in their own filth and walking around like maniacal dinosaurs, and you see that hollow look in their eyes, the look of a person with no soul left in their body. You'd realize that the zombie apocalypse is not fictional, it is happening in every major city across the globe, I guess the main difference is that they don't feed off of brains, but if I sent out a homeless memo through all the free newspapers telling them that brains will give them a meth high! You better believe we'd all be boarding up our doors. So do I give the homeless change you ask..? Sometimes lol, but only the buskers.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By thedj93

@mynthon said:

@laserbolts: I don't want to turn this into a political thing, but yeah I haven't ever seen a homeless person, except in the movies.

(and this is not in a douchey way like the above comment)

you need to get out more (as in downtown)

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#71  Edited By sjschmidt93

Don't really live in a place where I see homeless people.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#72  Edited By Icemael

No. I have no respect for beggars.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By stonyman65

Nope, because all of the homeless here are addicts and drunks. I'm not giving my hard-earned money away so some looser can get a fix.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By adz117

I usually give them money if they are playing an instrument or are one of the regulars I pass in the train station and know they use the money for food and not drugs/booze. It's only ever usually the change from my train or bus though which is 20p, so I guess that's pretty useless - even to a homeless person.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kmdrkul

Most bums make more money a day than I do through their begging. I spare a buck or two when I can - it's not been a common occurrence these last few years.

Avatar image for electricboogaloo
ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

I have been known to throw coins on the floor in order to generate a crowd, allowing myself to slip away unnoticed.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't, but my Dad use to make sandwiches for the homeless until a few of them got upset and said they wanted money for beer and shit.

godlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#78  Edited By godlyone

Most homeless people ask for cigarettes more than change here.

Funny story, I was in a parking lot waiting for my friend to finish work and had my windows down. Some homeless guy walked by, stood next to my car and asked me for change. I didn't feel like being an asshole so I just gave him a bunch of coins I had in my cup holder and told him to go away. Turns out there was a cop parked behind me, I guess it looked like I was dealing drugs out of my car or something cause I was tailed by that cop afterwards.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Where I live there are a couple of jerkoffs who hang out at a highway exit by the University I attend and a busy Air Force base. They work in shifts begging everyday using various props like a cane or knee braces. The fuckers act like they can hardly walk but somehow they're able to stand in the same spot for 8 hours straight. Everytime I see them I just want to punch them in the face. They're always smoking and will pull out a cell and text someone when they do get a handout. They act put out when someone gives them food and I've seen one of them driving around. I live in a nice community and for awhile all the junkie were hanging out at ATMs or the gas stations hounding people for money with some bullshit back story. However, it is pretty obvious when someone is truly down on their luck and I throw them a couple bones. I just fucking hate the turds of society that take advantage of a person's generosity.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck no and fuck them.  Ive stopped giving money to them after I got ripped off by a homeless guy who handed out sheets saying that hes deaf.  After I gave him money I realized how stupid I was in that situation and vowed to never give a homeless person any money.  

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Grimhild

No.

And if they specifically ask me for change I tell them that "Change comes from within."

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#82  Edited By Zleunamme

Never because I'm worried that it could be a set up to rob me. I just tell them, "Sorry I don't have any change on me" and walk away. I find other ways to help the less fortunate like donating money to Salvation Army, United Way through my employer or volunteer in community service events. I never trust anybody who approaches me for money. It's not fair that I have to work thirty four hours a week for them to get some thing for nothing.

gumdealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By gumdealer

As someone who works in New York City you kind of learn to ignore them and keep walking. It sounds kind of cold, but I have no idea what they would do with that money.

Where I live upstate there is a beggar who is literally from a millionaire family. He stands by grocery stores asking for money, then goes home to a huge house. You never know with some people.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By laserbolts

@gumdealer said:

As someone who works in New York City you kind of learn to ignore them and keep walking. It sounds kind of cold, but I have no idea what they would do with that money.

Where I live upstate there is a beggar who is literally from a millionaire family. He stands by grocery stores asking for money, then goes home to a huge house. You never know with some people.

That is really strange. If I was homeless and poor as shit I would still feel ashamed having to beg for change. Dont know why someone would willingly put themselves in that situation.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By TheHumanDove

No, I get really self righteous and shun all mental illness.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#86  Edited By Giantstalker

B. Never.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They get the occasional ass penny

Then again, EVERYBODY gets my ass pennies

Brofessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Brofessor

While visiting Canada (Montreal) and the US dollar was stronger I gave a homeless guy a 20 spot, and he looked shocked and said "That's to much" I mean your picking food out of the garbage, it's ok I didn't need it that bad.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By laserbolts

@Brofessor said:

While visiting Canada (Montreal) and the US dollar was stronger I gave a homeless guy a 20 spot, and he looked shocked and said "That's to much" I mean your picking food out of the garbage, it's ok I didn't need it that bad.

20 spot is pretty nuts and out of the ordinary to give a homeless person. He either ate pretty good that night or got wasted off his ass. Either way that is very generous.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By iam3green

i sometimes do. i don't see bums where i live. i do see one looking one though but the thing is a few times i've seen him drive a truck. i usually see him riding a bike to recycle can bottles.

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Orbitz89

I give change to homeless people whenever they ask.. Probably because I still have a shred of decency still hanging on for dear life within me. I also give them change when I've got extra just because I know that if I were ever in dire straights I would want any help that came my way. I know the common stereotype is "oh they just ruined their life with drugs and booze! If you help them they'll just buy more drugs with it" well that may be the case sometimes... But you never know what someone has gone through to end up on the streets.. So the least I feel I can do is just hand them a couple bucks when I've got some extra.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#92  Edited By Castiel

Honestly I never do that, except for this one time when a couple of douchebags walked in front of me. There was this homeless woman and they acted like there going to give her a rather large amount of money, one of them took out I guess around 50 bucks and was about to give them to her, as she slowly reached out for the money with a grateful expression on her face, he then quickly pulled his hand back with all the money and the three of them laughed. Then they walked away without giving her anything.

I guess I was around 12-13 when this happened, so I didn't have a lot of money, but I gave her some anyways after that.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Always, not singles though just spare change because I fucking hate spare change.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#94  Edited By Hizang

Never, why give them money when they should get up and go get a job.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Sploder

There are no homeless people where I live.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By sungahymn

I try to give change whenever I see one. Plenty of poor people on the streets, sitting with ragged clothes and a can or bowl for people to put their money in.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#97  Edited By Hunter5024

Sometimes. When they tell me an obvious lie to manipulate me I usually say no. In fact if they said "I am a Meth Head and need money to feed my addiction" I would probably give them my change just for being honest. Im just kind of wasteful when it comes to money

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By mandude

Not in Ireland. It's illegal to beg anyway. Walk into a welfare office you lazy bastards.