• 52 results
#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Vitamin supplements are unnecessary for anyone that eats a reasonable diet.

#3 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Well, I get more than enough vitamins through my daily diet, but are you actually asking about vitamin supplements through pills? If so, then no.

#4 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

I did before when my diet was crap and I felt really tired and lacking in energy. I started eating better and stopped taking them because I could't tell the difference any more. So I think it depends on how good your diet is.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
#6 Posted by InfamousBIG (3201 posts) -

Do steroids count?  

#7 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I do. I figure taking them will do a small amount of gap filling that my diet might not always account for.

#8 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@InfamousBIG: good to see that you're active again on the forums. I haven't seen you in a while.
#9 Posted by RepThePlantDawg420 (131 posts) -

yuuh

#10 Posted by Hostile (148 posts) -

Went to get a check-up for the first time in more than a decade and everything else was good except for Vitamin D intake which they just put me on. I'm supposed to take it weekly for about 26 weeks.

#11 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I try to, yeah. I have those gummy vitamins from Costco, they're pretty delicious.

#12 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

No, but I probably should.

#13 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2992 posts) -

I was advised by my doctor to take a daily vitamin as well as vitamin D/calcium tablets because I have a vitamin D deficiency which apparently I wouldn't have if I spent more time outside.

#14 Posted by Nights (614 posts) -
Daily vitamins include:

Multivitamin, Super B-Complex, Grape Seed Complex (with green tea) Folic Acid, Magnesium, Vitamin D (less so in the summer) Vitamin E, Flaxseed Oil/Fish Oil/Omega 3,6,9, Calcium Citrate, Ginkgo (occasionally) 
Sometimes a few more slip in there. I take so many mainly because I've always been a picky eater. I also have Celiac (wheat allergy/autoimmune disorder) so my body absorbs a lot less nutrients compared to most people.
#15 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

No, but I'd like to now that I work out. I can't swallow pills, though, so I've been considering Flintstone vitamins.

#16 Posted by Hammerhead (31 posts) -

I did... and then I turned 5 and my Mommy stopped making me!

#17 Posted by Korolev (1707 posts) -

I take them daily. I'm one of those folks that doesn't tend to eat much, and I get full very quickly. As a result, I'm pretty sure that I don't eat the required amounts of each food group. So I take vitamins. I know it's not the healthiest solution, but hey, that's just the way it is.

#18 Posted by Sanity (1907 posts) -

Bacon is my daily vitamin.

#19 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

No right now, im eating quite unhealthy recently, this is going to change though in the coming week.

#20 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
What would you describe as a reasonable diet? I'm curious, because I'm thinking of improving my own.
#21 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Every few days, I don't have a good diet and I bet most gmo crops aren't good for you. Also they spray pesticides and flouride right into the vedgetables. I doubt you are going to get enough vitamins. I try to take those vitamins that has a ton of different stuff in it.

Lots of foods also contains aspertame which isn't healthy either, not to mention there is flouride in the water. It's a good idea to be on a supplement program, your body needs it and your probally not getting enough of it from these processed foods. It's funny you think your eating healthy, but so many ppl are getting cancer due to these foods.

#22 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1594 posts) -

I've found that food contains vitamins... so I just eat food
#23 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

I was taking vitamin C supplements every day but I'm not taking any vitamins right now.

#24 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I take a multi vitamin/mineral supplement (A,B,C, calcium, fosfor, selenium, etc.), just to be sure. I eat fairly healthy, but I don't eat much raw foods like vegetables (salad) or fruit in general. Yeah, I know, I must discipline myself in at least eating my daily apple and drink my glass of orange juice.
#25 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -
This. A majority of people taking vitamins don't realise they're probably pissing them all away.

But I'm going start taking Vitamin D during the winter months since Ireland doesn't get enough sunlight from around October to April to get your required daily intake(400IU). I also take zinc and vitamin E sometimes when my skin is recovering from a gash/cut.
#26 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I take cod liver oil tablets every morning, the best supplement known to man!

#27 Edited by oatz (1103 posts) -

Yes. Even with a normal diet, supplementation can be necessary for optimal health. The nutritional value of the store-bought food has gone to shit with all the gmo, pesticides, processing, storing and packaging that it has to go through just to get to the store.  

People underestimate the enormous importance of vitamins. A multi a day keeps the doctor away.

#28 Posted by dudeglove (7851 posts) -

If I'm feeling like shit I sometimes take those dissoluble vitamin C tablets. Good for hangovers.

#29 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

I wish I did, I have a terrible flu now it's been plaguing me for days...

#30 Posted by Hzaife (160 posts) -

I weight train 5 days a week and have a nutritionist so im on a few supplements, but for vitamins i take

Multivitamins
B
Primrose Oil
Fish Oil
Ostelin (Vitamin D)

#31 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Definitely C for me, but I really should take 'em everyday.  

#32 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
@Underachiever007 said:
What would you describe as a reasonable diet? I'm curious, because I'm thinking of improving my own.
I'm no expert, but I have lost fifty pounds in the last year. Basically, I quit eating fast food and junk food like frozen dinners. Cut sugar way down. One of the biggest ways to do that is to quit drinking soft drinks. I use to drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper 3 - 5 times a day. Now I may drink a little every few days. Moderation is the key. If you try to crash diet, you'll fail once your will weakens. It takes an overall lifestyle change. I drink more water and eat more fruits and vegetables. Also, some kind of physical activity. I practice a martial art three times a week and I do some hiking.
#33 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

Dunno, I'm still on the fence about most vitamin supplements. I hear stories of them working wonders and other stories saying they're a waste of money. Its effectiveness could depend on the type of vitamin I suppose.

#34 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

No, but I take daily constitutionals! 

#35 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

No, but I should probably take some Vitamin D during the winter months due to the 24 hour nights.

#36 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

Yes, I take them via the food I eat.

#37 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

No. I'm of the opinion that overdoing it on vitamins is just as bad as not getting enough. Things such as Hypervitaminosis (too much vitamin A) and so on.

#38 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Nope, probably should thou.

#39 Posted by Franstone (1121 posts) -

Men's One A Day
In addition with eating healthy.

#40 Posted by DuskVamp (681 posts) -

I go through phases of taking cod liver oil and evening primrose supplements every day. I should probably start again.

#41 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

I took them for about a year but for some reason it drops my blood sugar level so I had to stop. I try to eat a healthier diet now instead of taking vitamin supplements, but I do take Omega 3-6-9 three times a day.

#42 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

Everyday, figure it can't hurt.

#43 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I probbaly should, my diets not great.

#44 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

I just try to eat healthy. I don't really see the point in taking vitamins.

#45 Posted by jollymore (8 posts) -

just a multi vitamin and because i dont drink enough milk, a calcium pill every day.

#46 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@jollymore: Make sure your calcium pill also has vitamin D with it, or it won't asorb. Better yet, even with magnesium, it makes vitamin D and calcium asorb better. Calcium itself won't asorb on the bones, that's why milk has both vitamin D and a bit of calcium.
#47 Posted by jollymore (8 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: Haha thanks for the science man, you made me run and check the bottles.
#48 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
I do. I figure taking them will do a small amount of gap filling that my diet might not always account for.
#49 Posted by waitwhat (251 posts) -
@jollymore said:
@HitmanAgent47: Haha thanks for the science man, you made me run and check the bottles.
make sure it's d3 (cholecalciferol), which is naturally produced by the human body.
#50 Posted by jollymore (8 posts) -
@waitwhat: all good. The GB community is all about keeping each other healthy