Do you wear cologne/perfume? Do you spray it on your skin or your clothes?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmdrkul

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

Chalk this up to curiosity. I don't wear cologne on a regular basis but when I do, I find spraying it on my clothes makes the scent last longer. I'll usually do one spray in my neck/collar area and then another square in the middle of my chest area while already wearing my shirt.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chop

I don't wear any. I'm allergic to like 90% of perfumes out there...so yeah.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Virago

Put a few dots of perfume on wrist and neck before clothes, than one spritz in the air and walk under it.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bell_End

i don't spray, i splash. just a little on my face if im going anywhere i want to be or look smart.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

A nice clean shower and some deodorant is just fine.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

If its something like Axe I spray all over....if its more traditional cologne I spray on my neck and wrists.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By krazy_kyle

... Videogames?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

@krazy_kyle said:

... Videogames?

...off-topic forum?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have basically no sense of smell so I never put any on, but I used to wear some cheap deodorant that worked... I think...

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Slurpelve

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

If its something like Axe I spray all over....if its more traditional cologne I spray on my neck and wrists.

This

But the only time I really wear cologne If I'm going out or a special event.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By habster3

I spray cologne on both my skin and my clothes: some on my neck, some on my arms/wrists, and some on my shirt.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sploder

Just deodorant, I can't afford any cologne lol.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By musubi

Uh dont think it really counts as cologne but I do use Axe Body spray.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

I spray once on my skin and once on my shirt. One to two sprays is all you need.

Diesel and Dolce and Gabbana for Men are the two that I use. Also, if you're cheap, Curve has a nice manly citrus smell to it.

skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By skittles

Most of the time it's just on my wrists, and then touch those to the sides of my neck. Sometimes I'll spray once on my shirt or inside the lapel of my jacket, but not often.

Always wear cologne. It's like, zero effort, and girls like it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falserelic

If I want to smell unique then I put on Cologne

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wjb

Not really. Women wearing perfume is fine; it smells nice the majority of the time.

I find 95% of cologne revolting, though. It's 2012, not the 50's. No offense to anyone, but in my daily life, the dudes who regularly wear cologne always seem out-of-touch. Special events are one thing, but what's the point anytime else, especially if you're wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts? It gives the impression you don't shower, at least to me.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SSully

@wjb said:

Not really. Women wearing perfume is fine; it smells nice the majority of the time.

I find 95% of cologne revolting, though. It's 2012, not the 50's. No offense to anyone, but in my daily life, the dudes who regularly wear cologne always seem out-of-touch. Special events are one thing, but what's the point anytime else, especially if you're wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts? It gives the impression you don't shower, at least to me.

I would tend to agree. I don't use it, but could see putting some on for special events. The numerous times I have sat by people in class that wear cologne daily just makes me think they are covering up the fact they forgot to shower.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No cologne. Old Spice body wash usually keeps me smelling fresh, though I occasionally use body spray.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By emprpngn

I like cologne, but don't wear it that often. Not crazy about body sprays, as they usually smell kinda cheap to me.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Cube

I put it on for nights out with the girlfriend or if I'm going somewhere formal.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By napalm

If you wear Axe, how are you not like twelve?

AlphaDormante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlphaDormante

Don't use perfume often, but when I do I spray it in the air and walk through the cloud. The scent is noticeable but not overwhelming.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By YoThatLimp

@wjb said:

I don't know. I wear it semi regularly. Women love a man who smells good. I don't think anyone is saying cologne is something to replace showers.

Now, that said, most men wear totally gross cheap tacky smelling cologne.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Jeust

B. skin

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iam3green

i don't wear cologne, i really don't have any special things to wear it. i wear deodorant every once in a while.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PillClinton

@wjb said:

Perfumes were once utilitarian, about a hundred years ago when common folk rarely showered. Now that we've hygienically improved as a society, it's been replaced by deodorant, which is sensibly applied at the source of body odor. Perfume/cologne is now just a vestige of a time long passed.

/oddly in-depth screed.

Anyway, no I don't use cologne.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wjb

@YoThatLimp said:

@wjb said:

I don't know. I wear it semi regularly. Women love a man who smells good. I don't think anyone is saying cologne is something to replace showers.

Now, that said, most men wear totally gross cheap tacky smelling cologne.

Fair enough. The problem I have with cologne is most dudes I come across, they put on way too much. Unless I'm talking to someone face-to-face, I shouldn't have to smell it. I have always been under the camp that perfume/cologne should only be for people like a spouse/partner/male-female interest, not an announcement for everyone who has to be around you.

And I'm not saying it's replacing showers, technically; I'm just saying when you're like, just going to the store and all you're wearing is casual clothes, there's no need for cologne, or worse, body spray. If you have a job that requires you to wear dress clothes or like I said, a special occasion, then sure. It's just the t-shirt/shorts combo with cologne/body spray just screams "I didn't shower today".

I guess I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if "women think it smells good". The women I date usually don't care, either.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deodorant yo! The few times ive used cologne tho it was on my neck area a bit on my shirt

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MegaLombax

Depends...Sometimes I'll spray it once on my clothes. Usually that's when the shirt have a slight odor to it. If I'm going out on a special occasion, I'll spray it on my wrists on wipe on my neck.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MikkaQ

Nope, fragrances are not for men to trifle with. I just keep good hygiene.

Also I hate hate hate women who use cheap perfume. I can smell it on 'em from three miles away. It's all too common, especially with girls around my age. If you can't afford the good shit, just don't bother, please.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By hawkinson76

my wife bought me something years ago (don't ask me what it is), and I still use that right before putting on an undershirt. Apparently this is not often enough, as the same bottle has lasted most of our marriage.

d_breeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By d_breeze

I would love to where perfume but I'm allergic to pretty much anything scented that's not actual food, the smells make my throat close if they're too strong :(

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By eskimo

Seriously? Smelling peoples cologne upsets you or makes you think less of them? Jesus.....

xerxes8933a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xerxes8933a

I use Irish Spring soap, and shower twice a day. I don't need any fancy cologne. But then again, I don't use shampoo either, I just use soap. Never understood the need for a different cleaning product for each area of your body, soap works just fine on all of them.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Cologne, and you always spray it on your neck, put a bit behind your ears before it dries, some on your chest. ;)

For those hating on cologne, it's all taste of course, but I'd add I find many colognes to smell bad as well. You just need to find something subtle and fresh IMO. I like some CK stuff and Lacoste. Girls seem to like it, always get compliments.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PillClinton

@MikkaQ said:

Nope, fragrances are not for men to trifle with. I just keep good hygiene.

Also I hate hate hate women who use cheap perfume. I can smell it on 'em from three miles away. It's all too common, especially with girls around my age. If you can't afford the good shit, just don't bother, please.

Oh geez, like the really fruity smelling shit? Those ladies are practically crop-dusters.

@Xerxes8933A said:

I use Irish Spring soap, and shower twice a day. I don't need any fancy cologne. But then again, I don't use shampoo either, I just use soap. Never understood the need for a different cleaning product for each area of your body, soap works just fine on all of them.

I admire your minimalism, good sir.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Hizang

I spray it on both, for the best ending.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By audiosnow

I use it only on special occasions, and always on skin.

The point of wearing cologne is to have little enough that she has to be six inches from you to notice.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By swoxx

@BraveToaster said:

I spray once on my skin and once on my shirt. One to two sprays is all you need.

Diesel and Dolce and Gabbana for Men are the two that I use. Also, if you're cheap, Curve has a nice manly citrus smell to it.

This. I'd also recommend "Code" and "Acqua Di Gio" from Armani.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By swoxx

@mlarrabee said:

The point of wearing cologne is to have little enough that she has to be six inches from you to notice.

So you base the distance on penis length then?

BOOM

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By audiosnow

@Swoxx said:

@mlarrabee said:

BOOM

They said it was .2 inches above average! They said it, they said it!

*run away, crying*

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By swoxx

@mlarrabee said:

@Swoxx said:

@mlarrabee said:

BOOM

They said it was .2 inches above average! They said it, they said it!

*run away, crying*

See, now I just feel bad.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#45  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I cannot use deodorant anymore, it's allergic to my skin and its irritating. I usually use Body Spray nowadays...

I fucking hate the fact that you still need to wear/spray shit all over your body

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SAC

I spray it on my chest (if you know what I'm sayin')

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By wrighteous86

@BraveToaster said:

Cheap or not, I constantly get compliments when I wear Curve. I wear that as my "every day" cologne, and I wear Polo when it's a dressy occasion.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BraveToaster

@Wrighteous86 said:

@BraveToaster said:

Cheap or not, I constantly get compliments when I wear Curve. I wear that as my "every day" cologne, and I wear Polo when it's a dressy occasion.

Yeah. cheap doesn't mean bad. I used to wear Curve. women like that scent.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By lazyturtle

I also do not wear deodorant...and I don't smell (its called sanitation).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xerxes8933A said:

You're like the opposite of me. I'm a Patrick Bateman motherfucker when it comes to grooming.