• 58 results
ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sanj said:

Guys, a theory about Tasha Lem: Didn't Tasha and the Doctor's relationship seem familiar? Also, what's Lem spelled backwards...And, as we've seen, new regenerations can be granted to those who've run out. Also, River was stored in a Library computer...Tasha leads the Church of the Papal Mainframe. Lastly:

Tasha - We Engineered a Psychopath to kill you...

Doctor - Totally married her...I'd never have made it here alive without River Song.

(several minutes later)

Doctor - You have been fighting the psychopath inside you all your life.

I'd have mixed emotions about that, firstly River's back yay. But second they're undoing the impact of a classic episode, a shitty habbit Moffat's developed lately. River should stay gone because her arc is great but a big part of that was knowing from the beginning how it would end. And thirdly Im fairly attached to that specific actress as River. And in fairness, these 2 have had hundreds of years to develop a rapport. I think you're reading into it. I hope you're reading into it. As I've said before if Moffat's just going to break every rule he establishes then nothing that happens matters because it can all be redone or undone.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By s-a-n-JR

@ryanwhom said:

@sanj said:

Guys, a theory about Tasha Lem: Didn't Tasha and the Doctor's relationship seem familiar? Also, what's Lem spelled backwards...And, as we've seen, new regenerations can be granted to those who've run out. Also, River was stored in a Library computer...Tasha leads the Church of the Papal Mainframe. Lastly:

Doctor - Totally married her...I'd never have made it here alive without River Song.

(several minutes later)

I'd have mixed emotions about that, firstly River's back yay. But second they're undoing the impact of a classic episode, a shitty habbit Moffat's developed lately. River should stay gone because her arc is great but a big part of that was knowing from the beginning how it would end. And thirdly Im fairly attached to that specific actress as River. And in fairness, these 2 have had hundreds of years to develop a rapport. I think you're reading into it. I hope you're reading into it. As I've said before if Moffat's just going to break every rule he establishes then nothing that happens matters because it can all be redone or undone.

"they're undoing the impact of a classic episode". Not necessarily. That's like saying the Doctor regenerating into a new Doctor undoes the impact of the loss of the previous Doctor. The Doctors may share the same memories and core traits but they are different people. IF Tasha is the regenerated River Song, it wouldn't undo who she was and what she did as River Song. The sacrifice she made and her farewell to the Doctor would remain intact, just as the impact of 11's farewell wasn't lost just because he regenerated into Capaldi. And 10's "I don't want to go" line isn't any less emotional despite everything that's happened since.

Oh and another hint that Tasha may be River is the fact that she can fly the TARDIS.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'v never really watched Dr Who, just a few episodes here and there when I was growing up, usually on Xmas but lastnight's episode has actually made me a fan and if it's not a very good episode like pepole are saying then I wish I could go back to the start and watch them all.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I enjoyed it very much, it could've been better but I got the dramatic regeneration I was looking for.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Capaldi's entrance was probably the best thing about the episode tbh.

Video of regeneration in the spoiler.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@ryanwhom: Interesting theory, the actress during the interview did mention her character being a long time friend of the doctor.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanj said:

@ryanwhom said:

@sanj said:

(several minutes later)

"they're undoing the impact of a classic episode". Not necessarily. That's like saying the Doctor regenerating into a new Doctor undoes the impact of the loss of the previous Doctor. The Doctors may share the same memories and core traits but they are different people. IF Tasha is the regenerated River Song, it wouldn't undo who she was and what she did as River Song. The sacrifice she made and her farewell to the Doctor would remain intact, just as the impact of 11's farewell wasn't lost just because he regenerated into Capaldi. And 10's "I don't want to go" line isn't any less emotional despite everything that's happened since.

Oh and another hint that Tasha may be River is the fact that she can fly the TARDIS.

I kinda think 10 repeating (or saying the first time) the line he initially improv'd in the 50th anniversary special did in fact water down the impact. A lot of this fanservicey shit is lessening the impact. The Silence arent mysterious anymore, the weeping angels arent terrifying anymore, and this is all from bringing things back that already had their time. It does water things down, its different than changing doctors. There's poetry in River meeting the doctor for the last time as the doctor met her for the first time and the old show runner understood those sorts of things. Not like the clunky mess of a limeric the last 10 minutes were here.

eladren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the difference between 10th's and 11th's regenerations: the 10th doctor left amidst confusion, regret and mourning; the 11th doctor was at peace, sad but firm.

And seeing Amy at the end shows that feeling, beacuse for once he felt that he didnt let her down, as he feels he does to his companions so often.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Maybe we can get someone that actually has the age of being a proper Doctor. I've been watching Doctor Who since Tom Baker and along with Tenant he was the best. Smith was a little too young and inexperienced for my taste.

Can't wait for Peter Capaldi too make justice for the Doctor.