#1 Edited by UlquioKani (1169 posts) -
#2 Edited by project343 (2837 posts) -

... why is this on Kotaku?

Also, why is the human body so fragile?

#3 Posted by believer258 (12109 posts) -

Forgetting that this doesn't seem like something Kotaku would report on, something sounds odd about this. Is there any precedence for this outside of the other Chinese incident mentioned?

#4 Posted by jking47 (1246 posts) -

what.the.fuck.

This has happened before in china too? I don't think chinese dudes quite understand the concept.

#5 Posted by Lobster_Ear (285 posts) -

And by "kiss on the cheek" you mean "hickey on the neck." Yeah I thought everyone knew hickeys can cause blood clots or something that can lead to death...

#6 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

2 cases both in China (granted decades apart) seems very suspicious.

#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

What the fuck does this have to do with video games, Kotaku?

#8 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

And that was just a kiss/hickey on the neck. Imagine if they actually got down to it and fucked.

Actually it probably wouldn't be any different now that I think about it.

#9 Posted by AngelN7 (2972 posts) -

Soruce : Kotaku.... fuuuudge you!

#10 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@Lobster_Ear said:

And by "kiss on the cheek" you mean "hickey on the neck." Yeah I thought everyone knew hickeys can cause blood clots or something that can lead to death...

Seriously? God I'm lucky to be alive. One time in college, I hooked up with a girl blackout drunk.. apparently I was rough on her nipples, so she gave me a 5-inch hickey on each side of my neck.

#11 Posted by CaLe (4042 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

What the fuck does this have to do with video games, Kotaku?

Brian Ashcraft read the original story in Japanese. Japan makes games.

Yep, that's about it.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@project343 said:

Also, why is the human body so fragile?

I'm tempted to make a Fragile Dreams reference, but I can't exactly figure one out. All I got is "Ren's heart is fucked". Don't have a lot to work with, people.

#13 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

That right there is why I like hearty American woman; if they want something rough, they can take it.

#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Kiss of death up in dis bitch!

#15 Posted by Solh0und (1832 posts) -

Kotaku has much credibility as The Onion nowadays.

#16 Edited by pyromagnestir (4337 posts) -

What? A kiss on the neck is all it takes to kill someone? And here I've been going about it the hard way. Knowing this would've saved me a lot of time and effort in the past.

#17 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2078 posts) -

There is no way in hell that putting pressure on an artery would cause cardiac arrest. We measure blood pressure by putting enough pressure on the artery to cause it to collapse, it has negligible effect on the heart. You wouldn't even be able to cause even that much pressure with a kiss, you'd have to be squeezing her neck to your face with your hands. Conclusion, she probably had a normal heart attack, the kiss had nothing to do with it, and that physician should have his licence taken away.

#18 Edited by falling_fast (2268 posts) -

I'm half-Italian. I kiss family on the cheek all the time.

#19 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

Why is that on Kotaku?

#20 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Imagine if Jeff kissed Ryan on the neck and it killed him. How fucking sad would that be?

#21 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Imagine if Jeff kissed Ryan on the neck and it killed him. How fucking sad would that be?

Pretty sad.

#22 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

I don't think Ryan would want to go any other way.

#23 Posted by Milkman (17204 posts) -

Kotaku because video games.

#24 Posted by UlquioKani (1169 posts) -

Guys, I think Kotaku is both about games and Japan and China is close to Japan so boom.

#25 Posted by matti00 (674 posts) -

To be fair I get the same symptoms when I'm kissed on the neck. It just feels so damn good.

#26 Posted by JasonR86 (9764 posts) -

Holy shit.

#27 Edited by PenguinDust (12604 posts) -
#28 Edited by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

#29 Posted by Zelyre (1262 posts) -

@PenguinDust:

Ack. Thanks. I always had nightmares about goengsi when I was in Hong Kong. Good thing I always carry a mirror on me.

#30 Posted by Nux (2407 posts) -

@Lobster_Ear: Your avatar is badass.

#31 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (502 posts) -

I hate kotaku so damn much....

#32 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

Yeah, good thing they only kiss on the lips.

#33 Posted by Riven126 (13 posts) -

Holy shit.

#34 Posted by NegativeCero (3026 posts) -

Wow, they're not even trying anymore, huh.

#35 Posted by BlindRapture (106 posts) -

Oh, Kotaku....

#36 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Seems appropriate.

#37 Posted by TruthTellah (9429 posts) -

@UlquioKani: heh. This is silly. Just don't kiss people on the neck continuously, as there is a chance of pinching a nerve which stops the heart. Kissing momentarily or even for a short period is perfectly fine. Kissing the neck until your partner passes out is not advisable though.

#38 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

This is bdumb.

#39 Posted by PandaBear (1379 posts) -

Kotaku is garbage. Brian Aschraft is a terrible "journalist". The title of this forum post is a fucking lie (hickey on the neck =/= kiss on the cheek). In before the lock.

#40 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

One time I fingered a lady and she died from a ruptured kidney.

#41 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

There is no way in hell that putting pressure on an artery would cause cardiac arrest. We measure blood pressure by putting enough pressure on the artery to cause it to collapse, it has negligible effect on the heart. You wouldn't even be able to cause even that much pressure with a kiss, you'd have to be squeezing her neck to your face with your hands. Conclusion, she probably had a normal heart attack, the kiss had nothing to do with it, and that physician should have his licence taken away.

Pretty much. If a kiss on the carotis was enough to kill someone, even if we assume the person in question was relatively fragile, everyone who has ever been put in a chokehold would be dead. Also it wouldn't be because the heart went haywire, you'd die from not getting enough blood to the brain.

#42 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

why is that on kotaku. wasn't expected that website. i was kind of expecting some kind of scientific website of germs or something.

pretty weird that she died. there are some weird stuff that can happen with people. the other day a girl died from drinking two monsters. it was because something like heart condition and caffeine causing it.

#43 Posted by Cianyx (50 posts) -

One inch kisses tend to do that

#44 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

What a far cry Kotaku has become. Ashcraft usually just repost news from japanese news websites as his own articles nowadays.

#45 Posted by BadNews (557 posts) -

@BiffMcBlumpkin: Fuck you, I did a spit take.