• 66 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just look at this crap. One looks like it is made of strong leather, metal, and rubber, where the other one looks like its made of cushions, cloth, and nets. Why damnit, why!!

BATMAN BEGINS

THE DARK KNIGHT

Why!? Am I alone on this?

PS- Note that these are only one angle of the costumes.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By tokyochicken

I don't know why but I just don't  really like most of the batman costumes.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PharoahCapcom

I hate the new Batman movie if that counts.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

To give him flexibility, so he can turn his head. It's important to be able to look around while being fired upon.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Damonation

I like the new one. And looking at the old one now... it looks silly.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PharoahCapcom

All the Batman movies had lame costumes.I don't think they can do his costume any justice..comicbook costumes are unrealistic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know, but who cares? This isn't reality buddy, it's a movie lol. The old suit was awesome in comparison to this one.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Sentry said:
"I know, but who cares? This isn't reality buddy, it's a movie lol. The old suit was awesome in comparison to this one."
Yeah, but the entire new series of Batman movies has been about being as authentic and true to the real world as possible. Because of this, there isn't really any outlandish technology in the movie, as there may be in other Batman movies. That's also why the Joker's permanent smile doesn't look like it did in Jack Nicholson's version, because it was completely fake.

Also, the new suit makes him look like Solid Snake to me, which is badass to see him in a movie because God knows I'll never see an MGS movie out of principle.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Sentry said:
"I know, but who cares? This isn't reality buddy, it's a movie lol. The old suit was awesome in comparison to this one."
What i'm saying is..you gotta take what you can get.Spider-Man is the only costume I've seen done right.Comicbook costumes are hard to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flexibility? That is the excuse for the new look of the suit? I know everything is based in reality but the old suit wasn't anything mythical, it looked fine and worked fine, this one looks more like a jumpsuit IMO.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac
PharoahCapcom said:
"Sentry said:
What i'm saying is..you gotta take what you can get.Spider-Man is the only costume I've seen done right.Comicbook costumes are hard to do."
Iron Man's was also true to form, and awesome.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PharoahCapcom said:
What i'm saying is..you gotta take what you can get.Spider-Man is the only costume I've seen done right.Comicbook costumes are hard to do."

Even that wasn't really right -- what, did Peter Parker become a master seamstress overnight? 

But no, Sentry, I sort of agree.  I really don't like the look of the cowl from the rear.  But, for functionality's sake, it is a lot better than the Begins getup.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Sentry said:
"Flexibility? That is the excuse for the new look of the suit? I know everything is based in reality but the old suit wasn't anything mythical, it looked fine and worked fine, this one looks more like a jumpsuit IMO."
That is a horrible explanation.Flexibility is BS.

Arkthemaniac
said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Sentry said:
Iron Man's was also true to form, and awesome."
I think a suit of armor is easier to make than to make a man look proper in spandex or to try and make a different type of suit based off a spandex suit.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

True, it would be easier, but Iron Man definitely looked like Iron Man. But Spandex boils down to the actor, really. They have to present themselves in a non-awkward way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PharoahCapcom said:
"Sentry said:
I know, but the original was better, they shouldn't be walking backwards. Spider Man got it right and stuck with it, aside from a few minor changes throughout the movies, but this one went from good to not good... Iron Man did a great job costume wise as well.

Sir_Ragnarok said:
"PharoahCapcom said:

Even that wasn't really right -- what, did Peter Parker become a master seamstress overnight? 

But no, Sentry, I sort of agree.  I really don't like the look of the cowl from the rear.  But, for functionality's sake, it is a lot better than the Begins getup."

Well that matters not! XD They could have improved upon the first one, instead they totally re did it for the worse.

PharoahCapcom said:
"Sentry said:
"Flexibility? That is the excuse for the new look of the suit? I know everything is based in reality but the old suit wasn't anything mythical, it looked fine and worked fine, this one looks more like a jumpsuit IMO."
That is a horrible explanation.Flexibility is BS.

Arkthemaniac
said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
"Sentry said:
Iron Man's was also true to form, and awesome."
I think a suit of armor is easier to make than to make a man look proper in spandex or to try and make a different type of suit based off a spandex suit."

Agreed, suit of armor is far more easy.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"PharoahCapcom said:

But no, Sentry, I sort of agree.  I really don't like the look of the cowl from the rear.  But, for functionality's sake, it is a lot better than the Begins getup."
Apparently Parker became a master artist over night as well.I didn't right the movie...but Spidey's suit looked the best to me so far.Because it captured the feel of Spidey..it's almost the same exact one from the comics.If you were to see the X-men movie without being told it was X-men and they didn't call each other by codenames you probably would have thought it was something else with a Wolverine rip-off.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
PharoahCapcom said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"PharoahCapcom said:

Apparently Parker became a master artist over night as well.I didn't right the movie...but Spidey's suit looked the best to me so far.Because it captured the feel of Spidey..it's almost the same exact one from the comics.If you were to see the X-men movie without being told it was X-men and they didn't call each other by codenames you probably would have thought it was something else with a Wolverine rip-off."
Well, X-Men didn't even try.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PharoahCapcom

The thing that pissed me off the most about X-men is they wasted all that damn time on Mystique's costume when they could have easily given her one similar to what she wears in the comics.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
PharoahCapcom said:
"The thing that pissed me off the most about X-men is they wasted all that damn time on Mystique's costume when they could have easily given her one similar to what she wears in the comics."
I wish Wolverine wore his yellow getup. That suit is totally badass, no matter what anyone says.
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Damonation
PharoahCapcom said:
"The thing that pissed me off the most about X-men is they wasted all that damn time on Mystique's costume when they could have easily given her one similar to what she wears in the comics."
I preferred that she remained naked. For two movies it wasn't that great but the pay-off was good in the third film. Probably the only good part about the last movie.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PharoahCapcom
Arkthemaniac said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
I wish Wolverine wore his yellow getup. That suit is totally badass, no matter what anyone says."
Even if they weren't going to do that...because Hugh Jackman totally indentifies as Wolverine...they could have done a much better casting job.Anna Paquin for Rouge is the worst pick ever.It was just a series of dumbass changes and poor choices.I mean come on Ian McKellen.Magneto is old but not that damn old.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkthemaniac said:
"PharoahCapcom said:
I wish Wolverine wore his yellow getup. That suit is totally badass, no matter what anyone says."

I don't think I'd be able to take Wolverine seriously in that suit. 

Is no one remembering the Flash from that early nineties television show?  Or Two-Face in Batman Forever?  THAT was a terrible decision in art direction.  His face looked as though he had been assaulted by the California Raisins. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People have to understand that in some cases (X-Men) they have to modernize the suits, therefore a yellow jumpsuit for example wouldn't exactly 'fit'.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Sentry said:
"People have to understand that in some cases (X-Men) they have to modernize the suits, therefore a yellow jumpsuit for example wouldn't exactly 'fit'."
I think they could have made it fit Hugh Jackman, I mean, they'd probably make it custom, it's not like they'd pick it up from the costume shop.
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Damonation
Sentry said:
"People have to understand that in some cases (X-Men) they have to modernize the suits, therefore a yellow jumpsuit for example wouldn't exactly 'fit'."
Sentry said:
"I know, but who cares? This isn't reality buddy, it's a movie lol"
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpecTackle

Are you really complaining about his suit? It could be far, far worse.

caption
caption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
Sentry said:
"
LMAO, the second post was in reply to the suit being changed for 'flexibility', NOT modernizing the look of the costumes. You fail. :)
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Arkthemaniac
CynageN said:
"Are you really complaining about his suit? It could be far, far worse.

caption
caption
"
You dickweed, don't speak of that trash in this place! And sorry for calling you dickweed, that was uncalled for.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpecTackle

I'm just sayin, be thankful for that of which you have, for the past has a nasty habit of repeating.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Damonation
Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
Sentry said:
"
LMAO, the second post was in reply to the suit being changed for 'flexibility', NOT modernizing the look of the costumes. You fail. :)"
So. Like you said, its a movie so who gives a crap if it doesn't "fit". If it's more faithful like Spiderman, Batman, or Watchmen were/will be, why not do it anyway?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
Sentry said:
"
LMAO, the second post was in reply to the suit being changed for 'flexibility', NOT modernizing the look of the costumes. You fail. :)"
So. Like you said, its a movie so who gives a crap if it doesn't "fit". If it's more faithful like Spiderman, Batman, or Watchmen were/will be, why not do it anyway?"
Again, you are talking about two differnt things here, FUNCTIONALITY, and the LOOK of the costumes. Functionality does not matter at all, I bet the spiderman suit is a pain in the ass, literally, but who cares because its a movie, same thing with the suit being 'non flexible' or whatever. The LOOK is what matters, and in order for X-Men to remain in the modern feel, or realm even, you can't slap a bright yellow jumpsuit onti him, it wouldn't look right in that modern day.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
Sentry said:
"
So. Like you said, its a movie so who gives a crap if it doesn't "fit". If it's more faithful like Spiderman, Batman, or Watchmen were/will be, why not do it anyway?"
Again, you are talking about two differnt things here, FUNCTIONALITY, and the LOOK of the costumes. Functionality does not matter at all, I bet the spiderman suit is a pain in the ass, literally, but who cares because its a movie, same thing with the suit being 'non flexible' or whatever. The LOOK is what matters, and in order for X-Men to remain in the modern feel, or realm even, you can't slap a bright yellow jumpsuit onti him, it wouldn't look right in that modern day."
They should have made it yellow anyways, because yellow is hardcore. It's probably the most badass superhero outfit ever.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpecTackle

Practicality is what Batman has always been based on, has it not? Using equipment and technique to compensate for a lack of superhuman ability. Throwing that practicality out the window when it comes down to the design of the main characters costume would be pretty silly, especially just to aesthetically please the audience. I'm pretty sure there's no Super Hero beauty pageant.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Damonation
Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
Sentry said:
"
Again, you are talking about two differnt things here, FUNCTIONALITY, and the LOOK of the costumes. Functionality does not matter at all, I bet the spiderman suit is a pain in the ass, literally, but who cares because its a movie, same thing with the suit being 'non flexible' or whatever. The LOOK is what matters, and in order for X-Men to remain in the modern feel, or realm even, you can't slap a bright yellow jumpsuit onti him, it wouldn't look right in that modern day."
So what if it doesn't look right. They had a Mystique walking around naked with all her scales and blue skin. Toad had green skin and a 10 foot tongue. Sabretooth was... half Sabretooth Tiger. Nightcrawler was blue too, and teleporting all over the place. The Pheonix just plain looked like crap, especially compared to the comic version. I'm just saying, with X-Men as an example, I don't think yellow spandex is the weirdest thing you'll see in that universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damonation said:
"So what if it doesn't look right. They had a Mystique walking around naked with all her scales and blue skin. Toad had green skin and a 10 foot tongue. Sabretooth was... half Sabretooth Tiger. Nightcrawler was blue too, and teleporting all over the place. The Pheonix just plain looked like crap, especially compared to the comic version. I'm just saying, with X-Men as an example, I don't think yellow spandex is the weirdest thing you'll see in that universe."
It doesn't FIT in that universe for the movie, isn't that obvious to you? 'So what' doesn't cur it. All the characters fit the universe and the modern world they created in the movie...
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
"So what if it doesn't look right. They had a Mystique walking around naked with all her scales and blue skin. Toad had green skin and a 10 foot tongue. Sabretooth was... half Sabretooth Tiger. Nightcrawler was blue too, and teleporting all over the place. The Pheonix just plain looked like crap, especially compared to the comic version. I'm just saying, with X-Men as an example, I don't think yellow spandex is the weirdest thing you'll see in that universe."
It doesn't FIT in that universe for the movie, isn't that obvious to you? 'So what' doesn't cur it. All the characters fit the universe and the modern world they created in the movie..."
This version of Wolverine fits anything. If not, He'll tear it until he fits nice and snug.
This version of Wolverine fits anything. If not, He'll tear it until he fits nice and snug.
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Damonation
Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
It doesn't FIT in that universe for the movie, isn't that obvious to you? 'So what' doesn't cur it. All the characters fit the universe and the modern world they created in the movie..."
And a hero who battles crime every night and several ninjas at once (Batman Begins) who can't turn his head, doesn't FIT the universe that the Nolan brothers envisioned. Get over it. Its not even a big difference. Here: ComicVine. Take your nerd rage there.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
And a hero who battles crime every night and several ninjas at once (Batman Begins) who can't turn his head, doesn't FIT the universe that the Nolan brothers envisioned. Get over it. Its not even a big difference. Here: ComicVine. Take your nerd rage there."
Don't advertise crappy sites on Giant Bomb.
Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Damonation
Arkthemaniac said:
"Don't advertise crappy sites on Giant Bomb."
Haha, hey man. I just grabbed it off of the GB front page =P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damonation said:
"And a hero who battles crime every night and several ninjas at once (Batman Begins) who can't turn his head, doesn't FIT the universe that the Nolan brothers envisioned. Get over it. Its not even a big difference. Here: ComicVine. Take your nerd rage there."
LOL, wow you are ridiculous. Do you not understand anything about movies? In Batman the costume looked realistic and matched the style of the film, the modern day style. A yellow jumpsuit would not fit with the X Men movies, if you can't see that then there is no more debating here, you are just blind.

Arkthemaniac said:
"Don't advertise crappy sites on Giant Bomb."

Giant Bomb is based off that site, genius... :P
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I can hardly tell a difference between the batman begins and dark knight versions a few changes here and there but they are nearly indenticle and seemingly evolve from one to the other batman begins is the suit hes just started out with its pretty much a sperlunking suit that hes painted and in dark knight hes created a custom suit much more suited to his activities.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SpecTackle
WilliamRLBaker said:
"I can hardly tell a difference between the batman begins and dark knight versions a few changes here and there but they are nearly indenticle and seemingly evolve from one to the other batman begins is the suit hes just started out with its pretty much a sperlunking suit that hes painted and in dark knight hes created a custom suit much more suited to his activities."
Winner.
Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Joker

New one seems better in my opinion. Looks much more durable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WilliamRLBaker said:
"I can hardly tell a difference between the batman begins and dark knight versions a few changes here and there but they are nearly indenticle and seemingly evolve from one to the other batman begins is the suit hes just started out with its pretty much a sperlunking suit that hes painted and in dark knight hes created a custom suit much more suited to his activities."
Nearly identical? Did you even look at them? :P
Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By Manks

IMO, the new suit looks better. 

Arkthemaniac said:

"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
And a hero who battles crime every night and several ninjas at once (Batman Begins) who can't turn his head, doesn't FIT the universe that the Nolan brothers envisioned. Get over it. Its not even a big difference. Here: ComicVine. Take your nerd rage there."
Don't advertise crappy sites on Giant Bomb."
Giant Bomb was based off of Comic Vine and was made by the people who made Comic Vine along with the GB staff. 
Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By Thunder

i thought the new costume was fine

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Wolverine
tokyochicken said:
"I don't know why but I just don't  really like most of the batman costumes."
Agreed, I never liked any of them really either.
PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PharoahCapcom
WilliamRLBaker said:
I blame your gross beard.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By Black_Rose

Anything is better than the nipples

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Manks said:
"IMO, the new suit looks better. 

Arkthemaniac said:
"Damonation said:
"Sentry said:
"Damonation said:
Don't advertise crappy sites on Giant Bomb."
Giant Bomb was based off of Comic Vine and was made by the people who made Comic Vine along with the GB staff. "
Don't care.

BOOM.