• 93 results
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

I don't see what the problem is with it...I am an active user, and use it pretty often, not just for saying stupid things to people I would normally say it to irl, but for e-mail among friends, scheduling events, 're-living' good times through a well put together photo album, etc. 

I don't want to start flames or anything, I'm just genuinely curious as to what your feelings are?  Why are you for or against this? 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

For Facebook you need friends. I have none.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bruce

I love Facebook. It gives me a perfect opportunity to showcase all of the pretentious pictures I have of myself.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

Facebook is made to fulfill the average teenager's narcissistic needs. Therefore, it fucking pisses me off.  

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

I'm grateful for facebook for birthing all those ''facebook fail'' websites.
Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Alphonzo

Facebook is bullshit.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thehexeditor
@Snail: Agree completely. Facebook is a landfill for benign but absolutely worthless social catharsis.
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By chstupid
@Abyssfull said:
"I'm grateful for facebook for birthing all those ''facebook fail'' websites. "

This
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kmdrkul

I don't see anything wrong with Facebook either.  Unless people are purposely adding a thousand people who they've never met in real life, then it's fine for social networking among your friends.  

I think it's quite simply that a lot of users on this site are self-complacent, self righteous douchebags who must absolutely hate on anything that's popular in an effort to cover up themselves being losers in real life.

Sephiroth9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sephiroth9997

Facebook is awesome duder.
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By warxsnake

Nothing wrong with facebook if all your friends on there are your actual friends and not some random people you got from a facebook app.  

Also it helps if the people you know are not dooshes. 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeforgotten

I use it to keep in touch with family that lives overseas that I can't visit every day. 
Also to keep in touch with friends that I used to live with over in the states and other places when I was travelling "around the globe" (not really around the globe) 

No idea why people on this site normally hates on facebook. 
I really have no idea, they never give a reason. 
It's usually the 12 year olds that does it, and the only thing they say is "I hate it, and.. I did your mom" .. makes no sense.

zigaroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zigaroo

It keeps me in touch with my family who is spread out across the country, my friends who are deployed overseas, and allows us all to share things going around the household (mostly pics, food, etc). I only have 30 friends but they are people who I care about and want to keep close.

That's why I use Facebook. And for that small purpose, it works very well for me.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bobdaman18
@dbz1995 said:
" For Facebook you need friends. I have none. "
harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By harris

Stupid apps, stupid groups, and stupid people make it terrible for me. I prefer twitter.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thehexeditor
@kmdrkul: Self-Complacency: I won't lie, I feel pretty smug when given the opportunity to respond to a topic such as this, and the satisfaction is worth it.
                      Self-Righteousness: Yep. I enjoyed the feeling, however misplaced it was, I got by describing Facebook as a place of lepers that I am glad to be away from.
                      Douchebaggery: Not gonna disagree with you here, I love clumping groups of  fine people into a generalized mush of negativity.
                      Hating on Popularity: A euphoric experience associated with all of the above.
                       Covering Up Being a Loser in Real Life: Once again, internet anonymity. Love it. Hate it. It is what it is baby.
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Alexander

Facebook is what you make of it.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By frankxiv

i found out after i signed up that none of the friends i'd want to contact even use facebook, so i'm stuck with all the people who vaguely remember me from high school just adding me to see if i'm alive and that's it.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kmdrkul
@thehexeditor said:
" @kmdrkul: Self-Complacency: I won't lie, I feel pretty smug when given the opportunity to respond to a topic such as thing, and the satisfaction is worth it.                       Self-Righteousness: Yep. I enjoyed the feeling, however misplaced it was, I got by describing Facebook as a place of lepers that I am glad to be away from.                      Douchebaggery: Not gonna disagree with you here, I love clumping groups of  fine people into a generalized mush of negativity.                       Hating on Popularity: A euphoric experience associated with all of the above.                        Covering Up Being a Loser in Real Life: Once again, internet anonymity. Love it. Hate it. It is what it is baby. "
Hehe, I guess they all go hand in hand pretty well.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Well, since none of my friends on there are particularly narcissistic, I'm only annoyed by FB when the servers crash.  I think most of the complaints people have about the site are more about the people using it than the site itself, which has proved useful on many occasions. I have maybe 10 pictures of myself on there, and use it only to organize meeting up with people, have conversations, etc. And, in contrast to the big complaint about FB, I only friend people I actually talk to in real life. 

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

Facebook was cool until it suddenly became an extension of real life communication methods. Now people look at my profile and think I'm probably some drunk party-boy stoner asshole when people are just seeing photos of me when I cut loose a couple times each year.  

Now people are taking Facebook seriously, I'll have trouble getting hired for certain jobs, people will think I'm a dick, etc. it's totally not cool.  

I miss the old days of internet anonymity when I can be somewhat more of an asshole than usual. Not a total asshole, just a bit more if I wanted to vent over the web. Now I just look totally psychotic to some people. Great. 

Goddamn facebook, I have nothing against the site, just about how people are taking social networking too fucking far.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JJOR64

It's OK I guess.  I really don't use it though.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cap123

all my old friends have buggered off to university and off all round the country, so facebook is great for keeping in touch.

great for organsing stuff as well.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RobotHamster

I think its stupid, I have one, but I only check it like once a month.  I don't see why people are constantly on it narrating their lives to people, its cool to say hi to people you haven't seen for years but people get obsessive with it and it baffles my mind.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By penguindust

I don't use Facebook, MySpace or any other social network.  I have a phone.  If I need to contact someone, I call them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Matthew said:
"I don't see what the problem is with it...I am an active user, and use it pretty often, not just for saying stupid things to people I would normally say it to irl, but for e-mail among friends, scheduling events, 're-living' good times through a well put together photo album, etc. 

My fbook site  I don't want to start flames or anything, I'm just genuinely curious as to what your feelings are?  Why are you for or against this?  *edit*  Sorry, link doesn't seem to work properly.  I think if you're a fbook user and currently logged on, you can access it . . . I think. "

I dont know...but I am pretty sure its pork, not beef.
labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By labam89

Hate it. Too much inane content and random adds. If I vaguely knew you in highschool, and your were always an ass to me, why the fuck would I want to add you as a friend. And if I don't know you, and  you don't give me a reason to add you, why the fuck would I add you.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@Snail said:
" Facebook is made to fulfill the average teenager's narcissistic needs. Therefore, it fucking pisses me off.   "
How so?
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By grilledcheez
@Alexander said:
" Facebook is what you make of it. "
Very true, very true indeed.  It's pretty open ended what you use it for and how you use it.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Three0neFive
@Snail said:
" Facebook is made to fulfill the average teenager's narcissistic needs. Therefore, it fucking pisses me off.   "
Except, you know, it was originally made exclusively for college students.
solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By solidlife

I love it keeps you connected.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's full of people who I don't like trying to "poke" me. I have no desire to have any contact with those people. All they do is bother me and get me angry at them.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Coombs

The same problem as with twitter,
I don't need to know what every moron I know is doing every second of the day,

John Doe: Has to take a massive shit......
    Jane Doe: Thanks for Sharing.....
    John Doe: Oh god, I can't even sit down now.....

Billy Bob: Last night was CrAzY,  I'm Soooooo hung over
    Skanky Sally: did you see me leave with any one?
    Billy Bob: didnt you leave with John?
    John Doe: Yeah she did, Hey sally... Can you sit down?
    Skanky Sally: Shhhhh.... Your going to embarrass me
    Fatty Arbuckle: Likes This.

Jane Doe: is going to watch Twilight: New Moon, Again tonight
    Skanky Sally: Lets play Egg Breaker
    Jane Doe: Ok, Where should we meet before the movie?

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT UP JESUS CHRIST ON A DAMN CRACKER SHUT UP

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By guiseppe

It's popular, therefore people who want to be 'cool' say it's crap. But even if you ignore that, it's still got a bunch of functions that are really annoying.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

People will bitch about anything.  They are cool people. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By apathylad

Facebook makes it easier to keep track of people I've met in high school, college, etc.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Three0neFive
@Coombs said:
" The same problem as with twitter, I don't need to know what every moron I know is doing every second of the day,  John Doe: Has to take a massive shit......     Jane Doe: Thanks for Sharing.....     John Doe: Oh god, I can't even sit down now.....  Billy Bob: Last night was CrAzY,  I'm Soooooo hung over     Skanky Sally: did you see me leave with any one?     Billy Bob: didnt you leave with John?     John Doe: Yeah she did, Hey sally... Can you sit down?     Skanky Sally: Shhhhh.... Your going to embarrass me     Fatty Arbuckle: Likes This.  Jane Doe: is going to watch Twilight: New Moon, Again tonight     Skanky Sally: Lets play Egg Breaker    Jane Doe: Ok, Where should we meet before the movie? SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT UP JESUS CHRIST ON A DAMN CRACKER SHUT UP "
Maybe you need to get freinds who aren't total fucking tools.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Coombs

@Three0neFive said:

" @Coombs said:

" The same problem as with twitter, I don't need to know what every moron I know is doing every second of the day,  John Doe: Has to take a massive shit......     Jane Doe: Thanks for Sharing.....     John Doe: Oh god, I can't even sit down now.....  Billy Bob: Last night was CrAzY,  I'm Soooooo hung over     Skanky Sally: did you see me leave with any one?     Billy Bob: didnt you leave with John?     John Doe: Yeah she did, Hey sally... Can you sit down?     Skanky Sally: Shhhhh.... Your going to embarrass me     Fatty Arbuckle: Likes This.  Jane Doe: is going to watch Twilight: New Moon, Again tonight     Skanky Sally: Lets play Egg Breaker    Jane Doe: Ok, Where should we meet before the movie? SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE FUCK UP SHUT UP JESUS CHRIST ON A DAMN CRACKER SHUT UP "

Maybe you need to get freinds who aren't total fucking tools. "
 3/4 of the people on my facebook are fucktwats who I went to school with, 
And decided they wanted to be facebook friends since we havnt spoke in 10 years
And I'm never on it, So I don't delete them

@Eisen said:

" My problem with it is most of my friends keep spamming me with items on my wall from those horrible web games.  I just gave up on it for the most part. "

And Oh god yeah this shit too,
I love when i go on, The one time a month....
And I have 368 notification and 327 of them Are games
Not just games, but the same 5 shitty games over and over from everyone
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Virago
@Bruce said:
" I love Facebook. It gives me a perfect opportunity to showcase all of the pretentious pictures I have of myself. "
that is the beef with fb. 
I personally use it to stalk my bf's family. >_> you didn't hear it from me though. <_<
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheFreeMan

I only started using it probably about six months ago. I find it to be pretty useful to schedule events or gatherings. I don't play any games, I don't do quizzes (generally), and I don't do friend facts or anything like that, and maybe that's why I don't hate it like most people. I also try to keep my FB friends as the people who are my friends in real life, so when I get friend requests from people that I don't like being around or who have never shown any type of friendship towards me, I deny them (for the record, I'm in high-school and I see most everybody on my friends list every day).

I can certainly understand people having hate towards it, because it is brutally, brutally misused (or maybe not misused, maybe I'm the one misusing it) by most people who have accounts. Oh well.

piecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By piecat

Quite frankly, I love facebook. This is sort of embarrassing, but my facebook usage has increased my real popularity and social life at least ten fold.  

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Qorious

I don't really see the negativity towards Facebook either. I think it's a great site for friends, planning events, and just random gratuitousness. 

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Most of my time on facebook is spent typing insults after people post something stupid, and then holding backspace before I post after I realize what kind of person I would be if I went through with it...
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it.  Like you said it's great for re-connecting with friends or just staying in contact with your current friends.  I think why some people hate it is because of how stupid some people act on it (which is going to happen on the internet when you get tons of people together no matter what site it is).

cassus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By cassus
@guiseppe: T@guiseppe said:
" It's popular, therefore people who want to be 'cool' say it's crap. But even if you ignore that, it's still got a bunch of functions that are really annoying. "
That' somewhat bullcrappy. Sure, some people feel like dissing everything that's popular and whatnot, but some things are crappy. Of all the social networking sites out there, facebook is probably among the worst. It's got absolutely no focus in any direction what so ever. It's about as useful as an online address book with a status feature.  

I really have no use for any of the information provided to me by peoples status messages.  I will however join any social networking site when there is a small chance of seeing girls I kinda knew at one point but not so much any more dressed like sluts, or in their bathing attire. 

cassus just posted a reply to a thread on giantbomb.  
10:07pm gmt+1 
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jmrwacko

Don't put a link to your facebook page on a website full of strangers. You'll get raped.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ahriman22

I have no issues with facebook. I'm as much of an asshole on the internet as I am in real life so there's no problems with that. It is useful for keeping in contact with old friends the have moved off to god knows where.

Plus if I sync my phone with my facebook calendar I can keep track of the important dates instead of having to enter all the info into my phone, which is annoying.

If you have friends that are stupid narcissistic teenagers then that's your problem.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49  Edited By jonnyboy

It would be better if it worked like a forum. You can't arrange or underline text. And it would be nice if instead of just responding with text when someone posts that their grandmother has just died, I could post a picture of  a monkey drinking it's own piss, to you know, make them feel better.

Joker_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Joker_777

I like facebook but I have to admit I am an average teenager narcissist.