• 67 results
Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathstriker

I'm looking for some more podcasts to listen to while at work, they don't have to be gaming related. Right now I listen to Bombcast (obviously), The Comedy Button, MBMBAM, Digital High, Geekbox, and IGN's TV & movie podcasts (I hate their loud and self-indulgent video game podcasts).

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast (non-game related), the Nerdist Podcast, Norm MacDonald's podcast is funny but it can be hit or miss depending on the guests, Good Job Brain, the Rooster Teeth Podcast and The Patch.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm in the same boat, at this point I have a long roster of podcast that play constantly while I work. I like the roster of Slate podcast. The culture, politics, and sports ones in particular. I also listen to Bill Simmons sports podcast as well as the other Grantland stuff he does.

I also like a few of the podcast of the Heritage Radio Network (all food related, link)

For pop culture and tech talk I like 5 by 5 radio, especially Geek Friday. Its pretty light on substance, but funny and charming. Easy to listen to while typing or chores.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Comedy Bang Bang

The Long Shot Podcast

I've sampled a lot of comedy podcasts in my day and those two are the only ones that I make sure to catch every episode.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou said:

I'm in the same boat, at this point I have a long roster of podcast that play constantly while I work. I like the roster of Slate podcast. The culture, politics, and sports ones in particular. I also listen to Bill Simmons sports podcast as well as the other Grantland stuff he does.

I also like a few of the podcast of the Heritage Radio Network (all food related, link)

For pop culture and tech talk I like 5 by 5 radio, especially Geek Friday. Its pretty light on substance, but funny and charming. Easy to listen to while typing or chores.

I'll check them out. I forgot to mention The 404 (a CNET podcast), which is live daily, so there's a lot of regular content. I like listening to podcasts that just aren't from "the big boys" and Digital High is a fun indie one, since they debate a lot (link below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAa13Wm7dqY

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Laser Time is a pretty good nostalgia-centric pop culture podcast. All sorts of great stuff on there.

And Chris Antista (now of Capcom) is a riot.

http://www.lasertimepodcast.com

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie related: alcohollywood.com

Every week they discuss a movie and associate a drinking game along with it.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bombcast

My Brother, My Brother and Me

How Did This Get Made?

Doug Loves Movies (If you like Doug Benson)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By FacelessVixen

Internet Box.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@tesla: LOSHOPO!

I went from only listening to video game podcasts to basically only listening to comedy podcasts.

The Todd Glass Show is incredible but it's definitely an acquired taste.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread already.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Comedy Bang Bang

How Did This Get Made?

Judge John Hodgman

Silverbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comedy Bang Bang

Doug Loves Movies

Nerd Poker (Brian Posehn and friends playing Dungeons and Dragons)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#13  Edited By Kidavenger
Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Loading Video...

I humbly submit Comedy Bang Bang. Walking the Room is also excellent.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By theodacourt

Just listen to MBMBAM, twice.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tesla

@hollitz: high five! I love that show, even when it isn't laugh out loud funny it's got a nice laid back vibe.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://smodcast.com/channels/tell-em-steve-dave/

It varies pretty wildly between hilarious and morose from week to week but overall I think it's great and always the first podcast I listen to when it's up.

Yup. As far as non-gaming 'casts go - Tell 'Em Steve-Dave is easily my highest recommendation.

I'd also recommend Retronauts if you're into older games. The cast is extremely knowledgeable, and there's plenty of information to be gained. They're on a temporary hiatus right now, due to 1up's recent closing, but should return shortly due to their highly successful Kickstarter campaign. Even so, the back-catalogue is worth digging through, I've listened to multiple episodes numerous times. On par with the Bombcast, as far as I'm concerned.

Fealiks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell 'Em Steve-Dave is a great suggestion. Bryan Johnson is hilarious, and he remained under the radar for far too long.

I recommend The Bedside Chronicles for a funny/relatively unknown British podcast. Here's a clip:

Loading Video...

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20  Edited By GERALTITUDE

GWJ is #1

ilovebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My brother my brother and me & If I were you

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sometimes like Polygons - 'The Besties'

Justin is just a great personality. Real Time with Bill Maher also puts out his show audio once a week as a podcast, and there's always good topics.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShaggE

I've grown quite fond of We Hate Movies (if you try it, go for a Jim Belushi episode or "The Pallbearer", because holy shit, their impressions are hilarious) and Yeah It's That Bad. Although I will say that YITB is an acquired taste, as their humor is extremely in-jokey. I honestly thought they were terribly obnoxious at first, but once I "got it", my opinion did a quick 180.

Edit: And this is actually a radio show from the 90s, but look for Blue Jam if you haven't heard it. It's oppressively dark and disturbing, but simultaneously insanely funny.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@disaya said:

I love a lot of the podcasts at Earwolf you can find podcasts there about a nice range of topics but all mixed into comedy like: Science , Movies , Sports , D & D , Music/Entertainment , Improv or Comedy and other stuff. Most of what I linked to has already been said but still you should find something to like. I also like Big3podcast and Judge John Hodgman. That's all I can think of at the moment.

I'll echo disaya on the general Earwolf plug. I listen to a lot from the Aukerman/Ulrich machine, have given each show on the network and still listen to about half of them. Doug Loves Movies is another mentioned that I'll throw my weight behind.

I'd also submit The Pod F. Tompkast (stream of consciousness comedy and backing piano mixed with prewritten bits based on the characters Paul F. Tompkins impersonates mixed also with prerecorded sketches from his live show), the Thrilling Adventure Hour (audio from live sketches in the style of old-time radio plays), The Dead Authors Podcast (time-ravelling H.G. Wells brings dead authors to the present to get the real scoop on their work and who they are) and Superego - Profiles in Self-Obsession (character based improv)... I listen to a lot of podcasts... Too many...

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By ThePickle
Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Skeptics Guide to the Universe (science news)

Sword & Laser (book club / news)

The Anandtech Podcast (they almost never put these out though >.>. really cool when they do however)

GP NZ - The Gameplanet Show (kiwi game podcast, has a bit of a different feel than the US / UK ones)

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rebgav

The new Penny Arcade podcast has begun starts in two weeks, so there's that. It's a podcast. About videogames.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pointless with Kevin Pereira is so awesome! I highly recommend it!

8-4 Play is also quite good.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Uhh Yeah Dude: comedy

"A weekly roundup of America through the eyes of two American-Americans"

Operation Kino: movies

a good movie podcast that discusses current releases and general movie culture

The New York City Crime Report: comedy

Comedic Pat Dixon lays down the weirds crimes happening in the Big Apple

Mysterious Universe: paranormal

Very well made podcast with interesting accounts with all sorts of things, like aliens. The host are good and its entertaining even if you dont beleive

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks: snack review

"the podcast where your hosts Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh eat, discuss, and rate snacks" Most of the episode dont involve snacks but some Hostess conspiracy against them....and other comedic banter

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

+1 for earwolf. CBB, Who Charted, and HDTGM are the best podcasts going.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Also, anything that involves Paul F Tompkins or Andy Daly.

RobotSquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@deathstriker said:

I'm looking for some more podcasts to listen to while at work, they don't have to be gaming related. Right now I listen to Bombcast (obviously), The Comedy Button, MBMBAM, Digital High, Geekbox, and IGN's TV & movie podcasts (I hate their loud and self-indulgent video game podcasts).

It sounds like you listen to groups of friends talk shit and be funny while doing so.

Might I suggest looking up Tell 'Em Steve Dave? The funniest podcast you'll ever hear, guaranteed.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might I suggest looking up Tell 'Em Steve Dave? The funniest podcast you'll ever hear, guaranteed.

I fell out of that show a while ago but it was brilliant for a good long stretch. Did you ever hear the 16 or so zune exclusive episodes they did? Those things are masterpieces.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bigjeffrey

@deathstriker said:

Tell Em Steve Dave

Episodes 12 & 13 are some off funniest shit ever

You'll laugh your ass off to yourself

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh yeah dude is hilarious. Somebody else recommended it as well, that's two votes so far that means you gotta!

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By core1065

Hijinks Ensure is great. But the episodes are infrequent though, listen first the beginning.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of great podcast suggestions in here, looking forward to star listening to them.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MBMB&M and The Adam Carolla Show

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Deathstriker

Uhh Yeah Dude: comedy

"A weekly roundup of America through the eyes of two American-Americans"

Operation Kino: movies

a good movie podcast that discusses current releases and general movie culture

The New York City Crime Report: comedy

Comedic Pat Dixon lays down the weirds crimes happening in the Big Apple

Mysterious Universe: paranormal

Very well made podcast with interesting accounts with all sorts of things, like aliens. The host are good and its entertaining even if you dont beleive

Mike and Tom Eat Snacks: snack review

"the podcast where your hosts Michael Ian Black and Tom Cavanagh eat, discuss, and rate snacks" Most of the episode dont involve snacks but some Hostess conspiracy against them....and other comedic banter

I'm trying out a lot of the podcasts in here and I'm listening to Kino's Man of Steel podcast right now and it's pretty bad. They seem confused, condescending, and jaded so far.

Also, I wouldn't call what Norm MacDonald does a "podcast", it's really just a web talk show where he interviews celebs.

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

I've been doing a podcast with my friends for the last two months and I'd appreciate it if you gave it a try! I pretty much got the idea for it after seeing the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Quick Look. We also do Let's Plays of game like Neverwinter Online or Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars, where I end up yelling at the town chat to cyber me or walking around a battlefield playing a fife like a moron.

Loading Video...

We've got links to RSS, iTunes, YouTube, Stitcher, etc. on our website.

Pinmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentleman has been my go to other than the Bombcast for the last 7 years. It's a specific taste, but they're good people.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if you are on the MBMBAM you may as well jump on the Sawbones one too.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Milkman

I know it's been said a bunch in this thread but...Comedy Bang Bang.

Loading Video...

Dot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted this on another thread but I guess I'll post it here too. Jim and them.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson is really good, and you may learn a thing or two as well!

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite non-gaming podcasts are "You Look Nice Today" and "Welcome To Night Vale". Both are incredibly funny.

"A Jumps B Shoots" and "The HAWPcast" are good gaming podcasts, too. I don't listen to some gaming podcasts every week, because sometimes they'll talk about games I don't care about/are indifferent to, or they start talking about "[spoilers for show I haven't gotten around to starting yet]," but they're all pretty funny regardless.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Harmontown is really great if you like Community.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one that i listen to regularly that hasn't been mentioned is Sklarbro County

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stack of dimes is seattle based, two guys, lots of stories about growing up in Seattle in the 80s and 90s, tbtl is great too. and 99 percent invisible is good for science. 4player podcast, maron, gamers with jobs, player one.