#1 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning spoiler tags:

From now on, if your spoiler tags concern the books, write in parenthesis up to which book you're spoiling.

e.g. (Book 3 spoilers), (All book spoilers), (Dunk and Egg vol.2 spoilers), etc.

If you're covering the most recent episode's kills and what not, write in parentheses "(Spoilers ep __)"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting this one off early. Once season 4 premiers on April 6th, we can use this thread for discussion of the episodes. For now, teasers, trailers and interviews of interest will be posted here. You can discuss past events in the show / series and mark mentions of future events with a spoiler highlight like so.

The initial trailer for season 4 is up:

We can see Tyrion being carried off in chains because Joffrey got what he deserved.

As you can see, there's lots of fighting to be had in the second half of Storm of Swords. Also Dragons.

Update: on the set -

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4246 posts) -

The hype. It flows through my veins. My body is ready.

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3806 posts) -

My life....has meaning once more!

#4 Posted by JusticeJanitor (143 posts) -

Season four is probably going to be my favorite season since the second half of "A Storm of Swords" was my favorite part of the books. Can't wait. Some real fucked up shit is going to happen.

#5 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

April is sooooo far away! Winter will have left by then :(

#6 Edited by Demmetje (199 posts) -

Joffrey's body is so not ready

#7 Posted by Tearhead (2143 posts) -

Ugh... teasers for trailers make no fucking sense to me.

#8 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

This show is going to be looked back on as a masterpiece and one of the greatest achievements in book adaptation.

#9 Posted by Mr_croft (35 posts) -

Easily the best show on TV.... (And arrow). I have so much hype for this show it is mind blowing! I have read the book already; but cannot wait to see how they create it on screen!

#10 Posted by ripelivejam (3458 posts) -

This show is going to be looked back on as a masterpiece and one of the greatest achievements in book adaptation.

at least season 1. even with the changes they made it was fucking spot on.

#11 Posted by bigjeffrey (4706 posts) -

Wiener Wiener

#12 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

And here is the trailer released not a minute ago:

#13 Edited by TheHT (10796 posts) -

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Oh nice, I was wondering where that guy who was sent to bring the wight's head to Joffrey ended up. Red Viper looks awesome too.

#14 Posted by AMyggen (2460 posts) -

Great trailer for what I'm sure will be a fantastic season! Also looking forward to HBO's new series True Detective tonight, but that's a bit OT for this thread.

#15 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

@xalienxgreyx said:

at least season 1. even with the changes they made it was fucking spot on.

Yes, even with some awkward editing (the scene where Arya's direwolf bites Joffrey), season 1 is pretty much the best straight up adaptions of a novel I've seen. Everything after that hasn't been that grand. Season 2, I can understand because I thought Clash of Kings was underwhelming. Season 3, though it picked up near the end, was a disappointment overall because of how it dragged despite A Sword of Storms' cutthroat pacing.

Dat first season though.

#16 Posted by johnbakosh (115 posts) -

HAVE FAITH IN JOFFREY

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (3458 posts) -

Oberyn vs The Mountain

FUCK. YES.

#18 Edited by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

Just got the first book in the mail, I have the others, I somehow never had the first one, gonna read them all again. People keep referencing shit and I have no clue.

I'll be interested to see when Joffery's wedding (and so death) are in the Season. I assume it will be the second last episode, and the final episode will be Tyrion's escape. Apart from that I have no memory of what happens at this point.

#19 Posted by Ares42 (2552 posts) -

The haircut... it's messing with my head =/

#20 Posted by armaan8014 (5316 posts) -

Yayyy! I only recently started watching GoT and am halfway through season 3, so discussing it here with GB duders will be fun!

#21 Posted by Bollard (5201 posts) -

So, I've heard Tycho Nestoris is going to be in this series (played by the same actor that plays Mycroft in Sherlock Holmes nonetheless), but if that's true, it means they will be reaching book 5 already in this series! Anyone else concerned at the pace they are moving?

Oberyn vs The Mountain

FUCK. YES.

I'm not looking forward to watching that. Still pissed at how fucking stupid Oberyn is. Plus the face smushing.

#22 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

The Red Viper plus Lord Tywin taking his final shitT

#23 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

@bollard said:

So, I've heard Tycho Nestoris is going to be in this series (played by the same actor that plays Mycroft in Sherlock Holmes nonetheless), but if that's true, it means they will be reaching book 5 already in this series! Anyone else concerned at the pace they are moving?

@ripelivejam said:

Oberyn vs The Mountain

FUCK. YES.

I'm not looking forward to watching that. Still pissed at how fucking stupid Oberyn is. Plus the face smushing.

GRRM has told the HBO writers basically his outline for the whole story. But he really need to finish Winds of Winter soon.

#24 Posted by Fattony12000 (6951 posts) -

Really sick.

#25 Posted by hermes (1349 posts) -

Looks cool

There are a lot of epic moments covered in those chapters of the book.

#26 Edited by xyzygy (9867 posts) -

I'm excited, but I don't know how they're gonna make the story feel less busy. There are gonna be a lot of new characters introduced in this season and I already found the episodes of season 3 to be extremely busy and way too thin. I won't for the life of me understand why they can't order more episodes to a season and focus more on building each character instead of basically throwing them at you and saying "Hey this is what this person is doing" and go on to the next. Each character felt so emotionally distant and I found it hard to really see them as believable because we're subject to almost nothing, because they have to make room for so many damn characters.

Basically, I felt Season 3 was more of a chronicling of what the characters were doing instead of storytelling. I hope they fix that this season.

@inkerman I'm actually getting the feeling that that will happen earlier. Usually the shit goes down on the second last episode, but it happens about 75% through ASoS and they have a lot of stuff to do afterwards, the whole Red Viper and the fight and everything takes place afterwards.

@bollard Man, they've already been into book 5 in Season 3. Reek.

#27 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

I am still wondering how Ser Loras will get out of marrying Cersei. I know he becomes a Kingsguard but the show has totally neglected that. Plus it made him heir to Highgarden. Which is a shame, Ser Garlan had some of the best quotes in the books.

#28 Posted by xyzygy (9867 posts) -

@marcsman: He still has to go to Dragonstone and get completely fucked up, so maybe she'll be all like "I'm not marrying a cripple" or something. Or he might even die, the books seem to heavily suggest that his wounds will be fatal. But I really don't think GRRM will just kill him off.

#29 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

@xyzygy: Even though I don't see the Knight of Flowers dying. The Tyrell's are the only major house not to have something bad happen to them. So you are probably right.

#30 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@bollard said:

That's some good casting, but yeah, we'll have to see how they handle that. At this point, I've separated the books from the show. The first season was a good enough refresher back when it came out that it got me to read the rest of them soon afterwards, but as was already mentioned, the next two seasons have had numerous changes. I still can get miffed by what seem like inexplicable changes, but for the most part, it's not as bad when you look at them as two different beasts.

#31 Posted by ripelivejam (3458 posts) -

@aegon: they're pretty significant, but just be glad thy didn't pull the shit they did on Walking Dead. at least the core framework is there, and most major plot points.

#32 Edited by GnomeonFire (694 posts) -

@bollard said:

Nestoris is in book 4 briefly as well. He shows up to collect the debt of the kingdom from Cersei, but she tells him to fuck off and that's when he goes to Stannis in book 5.

#33 Posted by Fattony12000 (6951 posts) -

#34 Posted by Bollard (5201 posts) -

@bollard said:

Nestoris is in book 4 briefly as well. He shows up to collect the debt of the kingdom from Cersei, but she tells him to fuck off and that's when he goes to Stannis in book 5.

Oh really? I forgot that by the time I read 5.

#35 Posted by GnomeonFire (694 posts) -

@bollard said:

@gnomeonfire said:

@bollard said:

Nvm, just checked the wiki to make sure, the guy in book 4 is Noho Dimittis. Though they might just combine Tycho and Noho into the same dude.

#36 Posted by Bollard (5201 posts) -

@bollard said:

@gnomeonfire said:

@bollard said:

Nvm, just checked the wiki to make sure, the guy in book 4 is Noho Dimittis. Though they might just combine Tycho and Noho into the same dude.

Yeah you wouldn't lose a lot if they did.

#37 Posted by Fluttercry (175 posts) -

It's a real shame about how HBO refuses to make GoT more accessible. I don't have HBO, I can't afford it and won't likely be able to any time soon. So, I'm only left with the option that I don't want to take, but it's really all I can do. That said, I'm super hyped.

#38 Posted by Marcsman (3090 posts) -

It's a real shame about how HBO refuses to make GoT more accessible. I don't have HBO, I can't afford it and won't likely be able to any time soon. So, I'm only left with the option that I don't want to take, but it's really all I can do. That said, I'm super hyped.

Really why should they? It cost a ton of money to make. There is always the books , dvds or blu rays.

#39 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Another season, another thread made to discuss the show that will inevitably become a discussion about the books and overrun with spoiler blocks that aren't about the show. :/

#40 Posted by Fluttercry (175 posts) -

@marcsman: Books don't count, as they are not the HBO show I enjoy watching. DVDs and Blu Rays exist, for crazy expensive prices that again, I can't afford.

#41 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

@marcsman: I'm sure if HBO Go was available as a standalone subscription service a la Netflix it'd sell gangbusters. Of course they'd probably piss off cable companies at the same time, and I dunno how lucrative their relationships are if it'd be worth it for HBO.

#42 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@theht said:

@marcsman: I'm sure if HBO Go was available as a standalone subscription service a la Netflix it'd sell gangbusters. Of course they'd probably piss off cable companies at the same time, and I dunno how lucrative their relationships are if it'd be worth it for HBO.

From what I've heard, they were thinking of doing that and then the cable companies all simultaneously exploded with rage when they heard. But I'm still sure that will happen eventually. HBO has quite a bit of bargaining power with Go. I think the cable companies know that.

#43 Posted by Scandinavianstar (8 posts) -

Just needed to see the shadow from the dragon in the trailer, that was all I needed =)

#44 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

New footage and interviews with the actors and producers on the sets.

#45 Edited by bigjeffrey (4706 posts) -
#46 Posted by Robsamuel (49 posts) -

Can't wait.

#47 Posted by LiquidPrince (15833 posts) -

Give me.

#48 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Dragons (all grown up).

This dragon is featured in this video (around the end):

#49 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

New Trailer - Secrets

We get a glimpse of Braavos. I wonder if that'll come around the end of the season.

#50 Edited by gaminghooligan (1402 posts) -

Oberyn the Red Viper! (book 4/not on show yet) Probably one of my favorite minor characters in the whole series. Not a huge fan of the stuff concerning the Martells but he won me over.