Gender Discussion deemed inappropriate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lvl10Wizard

Since discourse on gender is obviously a difficult subject that doesnt mix well with internet forums and video games it is best to deal with the subject by treating it as taboo and blocking debate on the subject entirely.

I will make sure to keep my posts to "What game shall I buy Fallout or Fable?" or "Xbox owns PS3" in the future since these topics are clearly vastly more interesting and deserve praise.

Lesson learned thanks GB.

Hooray for censorship, hallmark of progression.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I don't know why your topic was closed. It had the potential to actually make people think, that's why it was closed.

Besides, females are among my favorite topics to discuss (though I will gladly engage in any conversation regarding hip-hop, skateboarding or art).

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

However you dress it up, that thread was poitless and stupid. It wasn't locked because you can't talk about gender issues on here, it was locked because it was worded immaturely and only served to alienate female users even more.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru

Gender discussion is fine. "Let's figure out plans and strategies to get females here" is not. Also, the topic has already been brought up at other times on the forums, you weren't the first.

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lvl10Wizard
MattyFTM said:
"However you dress it up, that thread was poitless and stupid. It wasn't locked because you can't talk about gender issues on here, it was locked because it was worded immaturely and only served to alienate females even more."

I can see where you're coming from and if I can be bothered to talk to this community about this subject again I will not use the language favoured by posters in these forums. 
lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lvl10Wizard
brukaoru said:
"Gender discussion is fine. "Let's figure out plans and strategies to get females here" is not. Also, the topic has already been brought up at other times on the forums, you weren't the first."

I accept that my wording was clumsy and that one must be watertight in order to fend off pedants from every angle.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

What led you to believe this thread would be a good idea after your previous one got locked?

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lvl10Wizard
LordAndrew said:
"What led you to believe this thread would be a good idea after your previous one got locked?"

My previous thread was locked so I started a new thread.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike
MattyFTM said:
"However you dress it up, that thread was poitless and stupid. It wasn't locked because you can't talk about gender issues on here, it was locked because it was worded immaturely and only served to alienate female users even more."
LordAndrew said:
"What led you to believe this thread would be a good idea after your previous one got locked?"