#1  Edited By DeVeAn

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

We get PAL in Australia and yes it is labelled MegaDrive but it is still a "Sonics" game with Sonic on the cover. I am not sure why Europe is different thats weird because all that stuff is usually pretty similar between our regions. I agree with some of your sentiment on Resident Evil 5. I think some of the choices they have made are going to be the difference in a good game becoming an exceptional game.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By eric_buck

The Sonic pack or whatever is an awesome deal. I'm gonna pick that up if I can find it. As for Re5 I haven't played the demo but I'll be getting it for sure. Nice vlog as usual.

SonicHomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SonicHomeboy

The Genesis collection looks great, but I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't include certain games like Gunstar Heroes. Still, I want to check it out for Streets of Rage and Phantasy Star.

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By darro

That guy from Gamestop probably didn't graduate from school if he is that dumb.   I will be able to get the Dr Robotnik Mean Bean Machine achievement since I finished the game before but I haven't played that game in years so it might be a bit of a challenge to go through it again.  I will probably get the collection even though I already have the one on the PS2 plus I have the Mega Drive Sonics I don't know how many times but there are a few games on it I want like SOR 3 and Dynamite Headdy (I have it on Wii VC but at least here I can save anytime because that game is hard).

RE5 Demo was alright but its basically just RE 4 so there ain't really anything different.  I will probably get it though but I feel it ain't going to be excellent like 4 was but I could be wrong.

unclejohn0525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By unclejohn0525

I couldn't stop playing the Resi 5 demo. I found it to be too much fun to put down. Got the weekend of March 14, and 15 just to play it when it comes out... God, that's sad. Anyway, I can see where people are coming from in saying that RE 5 isn't enough of an upgrade over its predecessor, but more RE 4 (and in HD!) is more than enough reason to buy it for me.

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By JonnyAvacado

Awesome blog as always man.  That Genesis collection looks mighty amazing.  Right now things are a tad tight. so I only have two games on my must buy list.  SFIV and RE5.  As far as RE5 goes...I have to agree, its definitely not the same as the PSX generation RE's.  However RE4 made such a huge impact on me as a gamer that I have to say that I actually enjoy the controls.  This is entirely a matter of opinion though as many people are up in arms about the way it plays. 

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew
HartKnight said:
"Of course the Genesis collection isn't going to seem Ultimate to everybody. It's a way to sell the game and not to be taken literally. It's also why Sonic is featured on the cover, though, I'll admit, that's somewhat misleading.

The arcade version of Altered Beast was in the PS2 game too."
It has to be unlocked, but it is indeed in there.
It's better than the Genesis version, but I'm not really a fan of Altered Beast either way unfortunately.
Unjust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Unjust

I have to agree with you about the first resident evil games, the puzzles and how the games were so creepy and not knowing what was coming up next. That's what made those games so great! This new resident evil 5 feels more like a shooter, on the demo at least. I really hope there are some scary moments in the new Res 5 game.

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Wesker

Bananza Bros sucks

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Wesker

This is a bit strange, I'm just not understand here or something. You criticize RE5 for not confining to newer 'standards' or whatever, and then you say you wish it was more like it used to be? Weird.

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By xShR3Dx

-Sonic Jam was sooo sweet.
-Dude it totaly makes it more intense mutha fucka, nah you can have your own opinion bro.

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DeVeAn

Wesker, I am making an observation or the graphical features of RE5. While I like the game, I expected a little more of a jump besides HD. I missed the old gameplay from which the game became known for. It's possible to have that with better graphics too and new mechanics.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By lordofultima

My problem with RE5 is that it's NOT RE4. It's something that seems like a less interesting imitation. Dead Space set a new bar for this stuff, and it's sort of Capcom's responsibility to keep up with them.

The old style is much more "resident evil," I agree. It's not really survival horror anymore, it is a pure action game.