Giantbomb Totally Quoted

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Edited By SolidOcelot

I was downloading the demo for Crash Commando on PS3, when i booted it up, it started with a montage of review quotes from the usual IGN, Gamespot, but i was surprised to see the Best of the Best up their too, Jeff's review of Crash Commando was quoted and, i gave me a great feeling to see that, anytime Giantbomb (the greatest videogame website... about videogames) can get touted out so publicly, is just awsome... check it out

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1  Edited By SolidOcelot

I was downloading the demo for Crash Commando on PS3, when i booted it up, it started with a montage of review quotes from the usual IGN, Gamespot, but i was surprised to see the Best of the Best up their too, Jeff's review of Crash Commando was quoted and, i gave me a great feeling to see that, anytime Giantbomb (the greatest videogame website... about videogames) can get touted out so publicly, is just awsome... check it out

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Site is growing. 

It's the only site where the users are in control of the site.  We allow it to grow, so I feel happy too.  It's not just forum posting, but the entire database that we make...so yeah, it feels good.  :)

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

KaosAngel said:
Site is growing.  It's the only site where the users are in control of the site.  We allow it to ... [more]

This.
Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

Do they have to say if they're quoting? Like do they ask GB?

And as great as GB is I don't want it to get super duper popular, because the turn over for topics is already high, it'd just become worse, some good topics get lost in the mass amount of new topics.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By joshs

It's just good to see a good community helping this site grow. Makes those warm and fuzzies start going :P

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Wow!  Go GB!! :)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By Hailinel
Ineedaname said:
Do they have to say if they're quoting? Like do they ask GB?And as great as GB is I don't ... [more]
They have no legal obligation to ask anyone at Giant Bomb to use a quote, so long as the quote is cited.  Unfortunately, this is also how a lot of movies and games end up with advertisements that say "Truly...astounding," when the full quote in the actual review states "Truly, this game is so awful that it's astounding."
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By jkz

Yeah actually I've seen GB reviews quoted in a couple places, can't put my finger on where though.

Good to see the site growing, although I hope the community stays relatively tight-knit

cc23574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By cc23574

awesome!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax

Pretty neat, but I hope to God that the forums stay the way they are now. I'd hate it to be overrun by thousands of people using the site at once. It would just suck the life out of everything.