If you care about your friends
If you only do what you think is right
If you think gays are people
If you don't live in a bad neighborhood
If you realize that what you do affects others
If you want to be happy
If you don't want to join the team

God forbid you care.
Now go in the line and get you're "I'm an individual t-shirt".

I dress in black, straighten my hair, and listen to screamo because I'm unique.

--- yea, that was retarded.  But seriously, why do people be "rebellious" and say they're being "unique".  You're wearing a fucking uniform.  Uniforms of black and white are still uniforms.
That and why is it such an achievement to live in a "bad" neighborhood where people "get shot all the time".  Yea, you're cool.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bulldog19892

...what?

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackWaterCO
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By teptom

Smug's a poet.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By rexualhealing

Apparently, I don't care because not only do I dress in dark clothing sometimes (even though that's how I want to dress every once in awhile), but because I don't think drugs are entirely bad (and I've been addicted to opiates, which is not something I'd wish on anyone; a little pot every now and then though is not going to kill you, also, alcohol and caffeine are both drugs).

But really, I don't get this post. I don't think it's because it goes over my head either, because it doesn't, I just don't get why it's here. This is what MySpace bulletins are for.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ oh yea... lulz

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rexualhealing
SmugDarkLoser said:
"--- yea, that was retarded.  But seriously, why do people be "rebellious" and say they're being "unique".  You're wearing a fucking uniform.  Uniforms of black and white are still uniforms.
That and why is it such an achievement to live in a "bad" neighborhood where people "get shot all the time".  Yea, you're cool."
Smug, how old are you? Really.

This isn't really profound at all, it's a general statement on how the way things work.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bonesofwar

This made me tear up a little bit. You shure have a way with words.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
rexualhealing said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"--- yea, that was retarded.  But seriously, why do people be "rebellious" and say they're being "unique".  You're wearing a fucking uniform.  Uniforms of black and white are still uniforms.
That and why is it such an achievement to live in a "bad" neighborhood where people "get shot all the time".  Yea, you're cool."

This isn't really profound at all, it's a general statement on how the way things work."
so fucking sick of high school.  It's all about this shit >.>

Just send me to tech right now, damn. 
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By fr0br0
SmugDarkLoser said:
"rexualhealing said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

This isn't really profound at all, it's a general statement on how the way things work."
18."
Did you just open your door to the outside world? Did the image of two Bambis fucking each other in your backyard fry your brain?
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rexualhealing
SmugDarkLoser said:
"18."
Really?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Rowr

lol

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By The_Dude

I am starting to understand why you catch a lot of shit from people.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24

Another genius post from Smug. I don't really know what to think of these posts anymore, but I am going to say that it affected me somehow. Whether it is positive/negative or smart/stupid, I don't really know. I guess we will find out someday.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Endogene

I have not the slightest idea what this is about... really... none.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

*ugh*

It's called teenage rebellion.  Every decade has their own way of going through it, and usually, the decade is split up into two separate points.  If you look back to the '90s, it wasn't about dark clothing and such until Antichrist Superstar came out.  Before that, it was about gangsta rap and ICP.  Once Marilyn Manson came around, that's when you saw a big shit in the "goth" scheme coming to the mainstream.

Before that, there was KISS and Alice Cooper.  Before that, Black Sabbath.  Before that, Led Zeppelin.

The fact is that, for some reason, there's always some big change as to how teens are supposed to rebel or believe they are "different".  The problem is not due to them being "emo" or anything of the sort.  At that age, you are coming into the world.  Eventually, you'll be living on your own and experiencing REAL life.  Until then, you are taking the time to find yourself.  It's part of growing up, and during that time, everyone goes through their own phase.  I used to be in the "Crow" crowd...you know, kids that would paint their faces up like The Crow just for the hell of it, wore a big ass wallet chain and Jncos.  You learn that, once you leave high school, that shit is pointless and it doesn't matter.  It wasn't because I was invisible or ignored or anything.  I had tons of friends.  I just did it because it was the influences that I found around me that I liked.

Everyone has their own idea of what cool is, and for someone to say that their definition of cool is better than another is a brick wall debate.  Cool isn't what it used to be.

So whatever.  Kids are going to dress up in whatever they want.  I see it everyday at work.  Kids that used to be 11 and 12, just regular everyday kids.  In the course of a year, they start throwing on some metal bracers and Lamb of God shirts and changing their hair to spike up...and now they think they are metal.  But they aren't.

I was there for leather pants, Thriller, grunge, and goth.  I've seen plenty of trends come and go.  That's the thing...it's just a trend.  People make it out like it's a huge deal.  Most never understand that at 16 years old, the problems you are facing are the same problems that EVERYONE faced at 16.  Who am I taking to prom?  Am I going to prom?  Why should I care about school?  Does this person like me?  Does this person hate me?  Does this look cool on me?  There are tons of questions, and these are the ones that matter to most high schoolers.  That is, in fact, their world.  We were all there at once (or are still in there), and there is no wrong or right.  There is simply living.

So, get over your stupid bullshit about "these people are whiners and bitches and blah blah blah" and realize that they look at you the same way for the same reasons:  because they find what you do to be strange.  In the eye of the beholder, the beholder is never wrong, sir.  You can't change it.  The most you can do is hope that once they get out of this stage in their life, they'll end up doing good for themselves.
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rexualhealing
Endogene said:
"I have not the slightest idea what this is about... really... none."
It's about ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGSSSSSSSSSSST.

Seriously though, Smug, you'd probably have a better experience in high school if you didn't have such a superiority complex. There's something to learn about from everyone, this doesn't just apply to school, but life in general. As Jack Grisham from the semi-obscure punk band TSOL once said, "The day you're no longer a student is the day you've become an asshole", or something to that effect. Don't judge people by their looks (OMG, look at me being pseudo-profound), who knows, one of those gothy looking kids might be a huge Halo 3 fanatic and then you could befriend him or something.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead

The only people I have ever met who thought they were being slightly unique was some goth crowd I hung round with maybe twice. Everyone else seems to just be how they want because they like it. I think it's safe to say that I pretty much entirely fall into one variation of the emo stereotype or another and I really don't care, I like it and if you don't, whatever. I'll stick to my sparkly Converse, black skinny jeans, Clandestine Industries hoodie and fierce as fuck fringe.

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rexualhealing

I think everybody is unique. For serious.

Empathy for other humans has been lacking in our society for quite some time. Everyone, the bum on the street, the millionaire, the goth kid, they've all got their own stories and they probably don't go the way you think they do.

Here I am again, spouting off common knowledge like I'm being original or something.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

.  it's just people think they have to do crap to be different.  what idiots.

In reality though, no one is completely unique, even if they are different.   We're pretty much could just be living someone else's life.
so what am I saying this for? 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Snail

How is that new? People that call themselves something (such as emo, rebel) are labeling themselves, they are in a group, they are not unique they are like anybody else in that group.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive

is this a blog or what?

and who are you, some 15 year old who hates everyone? so what if a kid wheres different clothes, you don't know everyone and can't assume you know everything about them. how do you know they haven't been through some tough shit in there lives thus the reason the wear all black and shit. 
rexualhealing said:
"Endogene said:

Seriously though, Smug, you'd probably have a better experience in high school if you didn't have such a superiority complex. There's something to learn about from everyone, this doesn't just apply to school, but life in general. As Jack Grisham from the semi-obscure punk band TSOL once said, "The day you're no longer a student is the day you've become an asshole", or something to that effect. Don't judge people by their looks (OMG, look at me being pseudo-profound), who knows, one of those gothy looking kids might be a huge Halo 3 fanatic and then you could befriend him or something."
dead on what i was thinking. should never be so critical of people or judgmental. I would suggest he reads The Catcher in the Rye. 

a lot of those kids are just trying to fit in and really don't know how to. 
for me, it was tough because i played football my whole life but i also loved art and music, so in highschool i was always on the varsity football squad and i played in the school jazz band, and i took art classes. so i learned really fast how to respect everyone despite having no understanding of what it is they enjoy, like some kids who were obsessed with anime or something. 
tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tec3297
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rexualhealing
SmugDarkLoser said:
"In reality though, no one is completely unique, even if they are different.   We're pretty much could just be living someone else's life.

so what am I saying this for? "

This is not true.  I find it really hard to believe that you are a year, maybe less than that, younger than me. You need more life experience, yo, the way you think is how I felt when I was 13.

Everyone is unique in their own way. People can't be neatly fit into stereotypes because human beings are complex creatures. Trying to lump everyone into groups is like saying that there can only be two ways to feel about political issues (oh wait, people actually say that too).
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
TwoOneFive said:
"is this a blog or what?
and who are you, some 15 year old who hates everyone? so what if a kid wheres different clothes, you don't know everyone and can't assume you know everything about them. how do you know they haven't been through some tough shit in there lives thus the reason the wear all black and shit. 
rexualhealing said:
"Endogene said:

Seriously though, Smug, you'd probably have a better experience in high school if you didn't have such a superiority complex. There's something to learn about from everyone, this doesn't just apply to school, but life in general. As Jack Grisham from the semi-obscure punk band TSOL once said, "The day you're no longer a student is the day you've become an asshole", or something to that effect. Don't judge people by their looks (OMG, look at me being pseudo-profound), who knows, one of those gothy looking kids might be a huge Halo 3 fanatic and then you could befriend him or something."
dead on what i was thinking. should never be so critical of people or judgmental. I would suggest he reads The Catcher in the Rye. 
"
No one should read that book.
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rexualhealing
HandsomeDead said:
"No one should read that book."
I'm curious as to why you'd say that. It's the perfect snapshot of how the adolescent mind works.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
rexualhealing said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"In reality though, no one is completely unique, even if they are different.   We're pretty much could just be living someone else's life.

This is not true.  I find it really hard to believe that you are a year, maybe less than that, younger than me. You need more life experience, yo, the way you think is how I felt when I was 13.

Everyone is unique in their own way. People can't be neatly fit into stereotypes because human beings are complex creatures. Trying to lump everyone into groups is like saying that there can only be two ways to feel about political issues (oh wait, people actually say that too)."
Nope, you're just too happily closed minded to being open minded. 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead
rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
I'm curious as to why you'd say that. It's the perfect snapshot of how the adolescent mind works."
Bored the life out of me, to be honest. At the end of it I felt like i'd wasted my time on a poor MySpace blog. Having had an adolescent mind myself, I know exactly what that's like and I don't need a book telling me that it was the same in the 1940s.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hexpane

What was that autistic drivel?
This is much better

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
"rexualhealing said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

Everyone is unique in their own way. People can't be neatly fit into stereotypes because human beings are complex creatures. Trying to lump everyone into groups is like saying that there can only be two ways to feel about political issues (oh wait, people actually say that too)."
Nope, you're just too happily closed minded to being open minded.  "
Did you SERIOUSLY just say that?  SERIOUSLY!?!?!  Wow...
This coming from someone who is basically being too closed minded to be open minded?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
jakob187 said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"rexualhealing said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

This coming from someone who is basically being too closed minded to be open minded?
"
do you not understand what that means?
It's called you believe that everyone's better than they are when in reality is just isn't the way it is. 

And I didn't say he is too closed minded to be open minded, I said he is too closed minded to being open minded
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rexualhealing
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Nope, you're just too happily closed minded to being open minded."
How can I be closed minded to being open minded? It makes sense, but now you're arguing for the sake of arguement. Being open minded is a good thing. I don't like being judged, yeah, it happens all the time (a lot of people I know have written me off as some rocker kid who's done too many drugs and is not capable of intellectual thought), but I don't like it, so why would I judge others? More importantly, why would I even have the right to judge others? Because I'm not them? That's just stupid.

HandsomeDead said:
"Bored the life out of me, to be honest. At the end of it I felt like i'd wasted my time on a poor MySpace blog. Having had an adolescent mind myself, I know exactly what that's like and I don't need a book telling me that it was the same in the 1940s."

I dunno, as a piece of fiction, it worked extraordinarily well. You don't get that accurate depiction of adolescence that often (or, at least, you didn't at the time), people just like(d) to gloss over anything that might be considered offensive when a character under 18 is the protagonist.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TwoOneFive
rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
I'm curious as to why you'd say that. It's the perfect snapshot of how the adolescent mind works."
seriously, everyone should read that book, and i thought everyone does. 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HandsomeDead
rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Bored the life out of me, to be honest. At the end of it I felt like i'd wasted my time on a poor MySpace blog. Having had an adolescent mind myself, I know exactly what that's like and I don't need a book telling me that it was the same in the 1940s."

I dunno, as a piece of fiction, it worked extraordinarily well. You don't get that accurate depiction of adolescence that often (or, at least, you didn't at the time), people just like(d) to gloss over anything that might be considered offensive when a character under 18 is the protagonist."
That's my problem: 'It worked very well' but now, it just feels lame. At the time, i'm sure it was cutting edge and went on to inspire many great things but in 2009, or when I read it, 2004, it felt outdated.
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rexualhealing
SmugDarkLoser said:
"do you not understand what that means?
It's called you believe that everyone's better than they are when in reality is just isn't the way it is. 

And I didn't say he is too closed minded to be open minded, I said he is too closed minded to being open minded"
Dude, you make no sense. None.

Come back when you've made more connections with other living human beings.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jayge_

So... the fact that my favorite article of clothing is my black pull-over hoodie with no logos or anything at all somehow makes me a societal failure?

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Lieutenant
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TwoOneFive
HandsomeDead said:
"rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Bored the life out of me, to be honest. At the end of it I felt like i'd wasted my time on a poor MySpace blog. Having had an adolescent mind myself, I know exactly what that's like and I don't need a book telling me that it was the same in the 1940s."
whew.....terrible man. just...terrible. 
its also the most read book by criminals. so i've heard. 
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

you say not to judge, and then you say that.
hence proving my whole idea everyone's the same shit.

What's being closed minded of being open minded means?  It means pretending things aren't the way it is in order to say "everyone's good inside" and shit like that. Bullcrap. 

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jayge_
rexualhealing said:
"I dunno, as a piece of fiction, it worked extraordinarily well. You don't get that accurate depiction of adolescence that often (or, at least, you didn't at the time), people just like(d) to gloss over anything that might be considered offensive when a character under 18 is the protagonist."
As someone who was once told he somehow resembled Holden Caulfield (I'm not on speaking terms with that idiot anymore), no, it really doesn't accurately depict adolescence.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hexpane
TwoOneFive said:
"rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
seriously, everyone should read that book, and i thought everyone does. "
What book are we arguing about? If someone says Atlus Shrugged I'm going to vomit
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwoOneFive
SmugDarkLoser said:
"jakob187 said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"rexualhealing said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

"
do you not understand what that means?

And I didn't say he is too closed minded to be open minded, I said he is too closed minded to being open minded"
do yourself a favor a take psych 101 asap.
it has become increasingly apparent what makes you some 360 fanboy. 
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jayge_
Hexpane said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What book are we arguing about? If someone says Atlus Shrugged I'm going to vomit"
Catcher in the Rye.
Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hexpane
Jayge said:
"Hexpane said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"rexualhealing said:
"HandsomeDead said:
What book are we arguing about? If someone says Atlus Shrugged I'm going to vomit"
Catcher in the Rye."
Oh that was a good one, prime example of the whole unreliable narrator deal for high school kids taking english lit. 
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rexualhealing
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

"
Lol, I wasn't being judgemental, I was stating a fact.

If I was being judgemental I would say something derogatory towards you.
tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tec3297
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

What's being closed minded of being open minded means?  It means pretending things aren't the way it is in order to say "everyone's good inside" and shit like that. Bullcrap. 

"
Argument Fail
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Dude

I have posted this before and I feel like it needs to be posted again

No Caption Provided
I mean really, I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread!
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm confused... What was the point of the...

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By rexualhealing
The_Dude said:
"I mean really, I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread!"

ANGSSSSSSTTTTTTTT