• 154 results
#1 Edited by Harkat (1104 posts) -

Hey people,

Many consider it un-masculine and uncool for dudes to sit with their legs crossed. This disturbs me slightly, as I find it is supremely comfortable for my knee-joints to sit that way.

Fellas: Do you do it?

Everyone: Do you frown on it? Why/why not?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I have to do it or my knees become very uncomfortable. 

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11307 posts) -

No.

#4 Posted by shiptoncraig (149 posts) -

I'll do the thing where your ankle rests on your knee quite often, but not the full knee-over-knee.

#5 Posted by CrazyBagMan (849 posts) -

If I want to sit that way I will. Anyone who cares how another person sits is an idiot.

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Ugh, I want to live in a world where people can sit however they want to sit without being judged like that.

Unmasculine? uncool? give me a break.

#7 Posted by jking47 (1215 posts) -

I will sit with my ankle on my knee, but never knee on knee. My giant hairy man balls prevent my legs from closing that far.

#8 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -

Sure. Why not?

If you think that makes you uncool, you're probably uncool. If you think that makes you a woman, you're probably an idiot.

#9 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I do it from time to time, but usually just the ankle-on-knee thing. But if you seriously have an issue with people sit, you should maybe take a good hard look at yourself.

#10 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

I do it, as it's comfortable. People confuse sitting crosslegged with female crosslegged. Meaning crushing of the junk. You'll notice that a man tends to keep a 45-90 degree angle to the stationary leg (foot down leg). This allows for best comfort with no pressure on the genitals. Women cross their legs much differently. Unfortunately we as a society think of the way that women cross their legs when they envision men crossing their legs, which couldn't be further from the truth.

#11 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

@CrazyBagMan said:

If I want to sit that way I will. Anyone who cares how another person sits is an idiot.

amen brother

#12 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

@shiptoncraig said:

I'll do the thing where your ankle rests on your knee quite often, but not the full knee-over-knee.

This.

Doesn't make you "unmanly or uncool" if you do the knee over knee, though.

#13 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:

@shiptoncraig said:

This.

Doesn't make you "unmanly or uncool" if you do the knee over knee, though.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (12096 posts) -

Sometimes I do, it's hard to tell how often though; I usually change my sitting positions around subconsciously.

Also, Nightmare =D

#15 Posted by Harkat (1104 posts) -

@jking47 said:

I will sit with my ankle on my knee, but never knee on knee. My giant hairy man balls prevent my legs from closing that far.

I think that's the idea.

#16 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

There are more important things we could be discussing here.  Like politics or religion.
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I stopped doing it after I found out it was a sign of homosexuality and used by gays to find others who share their inclinations.

#18 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3067 posts) -

For some reason, I came into this thread thinking cross legged as in like a monk or something.

But yes, ankle-to-kneel, not so much knee-to-knee, but if a guy did that I wouldn't think poorly of him.

#19 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

@CrazyBagMan said:

#20 Posted by MentalDisruption (1645 posts) -

I wouldn't care if I saw a guy crossing his legs, but I don't do it myself. Ankle over ankle and ankle over knee, sure, but I just don't find fully crossed to be comfortable.

#21 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Sexy as hell!!

#22 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

sit how you damn well please!

#23 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

No, I don't like to squeeze my genitals between my legs. I don't know how anyone can find that comfortable.

#24 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

I don't do it mostly because it's uncomfortable.

#25 Posted by ajamafalous (12040 posts) -
@CrazyBagMan said:

#26 Posted by damswedon (3196 posts) -

If I'm wearing the right underwear then yes, otherwise I just put my ankle on my knee.

#27 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -

I do it standing up -pro version

#28 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Balls. Thats the reason why I dont like crossing my legs like that (Im not talking about masculinity)

#29 Posted by lKennedyl (48 posts) -

Hot knee on knee action.

#30 Posted by ModernMajorGeneral (20 posts) -

The gayest thing I drew from the OP was the phrase "supremely comfortable". So I think you're OK.

#31 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Sitting crosslegged shows everybody that you can fit a tiny penis and balls between your legs. I have to bring stirrups everywhere I go to sit so I can have my legs as far as part as possible to fit my enormous balls.

#32 Posted by N7 (3595 posts) -

Fucking commies, coming into our country and changing the way we sit. I AM DISGUSTED GREATLY.

#33 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Nothing wrong with it at all, even though I rarely sit that way. If your balls are getting crushed, then you're probably doing it wrong.

#34 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

@CrazyBagMan said:

Yup.

#35 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@Marz said:

I don't do it mostly because it's uncomfortable.

Word.

#36 Posted by Ketchupp (673 posts) -

I'd do it but I have a giant dong in the way. That does not mean I look down at dudes who do cross their legs however. I find a good calf-on-knee position best.

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I do, so yes.

#38 Posted by Ketchupp (673 posts) -

By the way this post reminds me of people sitting in movie theatres. I do find it terribly hilarious when guys put but their feet up with legs bent as if they were about to enter labor.

#39 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2417 posts) -

I've never heard that. Seems like crossing legs has been a fairly normal thing for men to do for a long time, at least in the US.

I'd say it's more cool because it makes you seem at ease.

#40 Posted by dirkfunk (175 posts) -

I sit ankle on knee most of the time when my legs are not under a desk.

It's the classy thing to do.

#41 Edited by LTSmash (638 posts) -

If Abe is wrong I don't wanna be right:

#42 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@shiptoncraig said:

This

#43 Posted by Bribo (605 posts) -

@HandsomeDead said:

I stopped doing it after I found out it was a sign of homosexuality and used by gays to find others who share their inclinations.

I'd heard that too. I also heard that sitting with your knees apart was a signal that your crotch was available to any passing queer's mouth, or bumhole - and that sitting with your knee's together was an invitation for a gentleman to sit in your lap.

That's why I always cover my legs with a burlap sack before I sit down in a public place.

#44 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

who gives a shit, really?

#45 Posted by Mikemcn (6997 posts) -

Has to be bad for your sperm count and sitting at my desk I can't seem to comfortably sit in that position

#46 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I knee over knee. Yeah, what of it!?!??!

#47 Posted by Milkman (17034 posts) -

@shiptoncraig said:

#48 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2025 posts) -

I mean, you can but...it's just uncomfortable for me. Big legs and the whole ballsack thing make it very uncomfortable. But hell, I'll sit ankle-over-knee.

#49 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I never sit that way, extremely uncomfortable. I do, however, sit with one ankle on my other leg's knee sometimes (or one foot under the other thigh/knee if I'm in a large desk chair like mine).

#50 Posted by Sharpshooter (889 posts) -

Whatever makes you comfortable dude.