• 67 results
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Seppli

I'm eating only twice a day. Might switch over to one single meal a day actually. Brunching all the way. I usually work up quite the appetite before bedtime. Working a hunger is awesome. Makes me look forward to the gifts of the next day. Anyways - Ramadan actually sounds like a good tradition. Albeit it's kinda crazy for such things being a question of faith. It's imposing that the lessons of hunger and thirst can only be learned if being part of some religious tradition. I see how the wisdom of the lesson might be lost on many practicing Ramadan or similar traditions, just because it's just that. A religious tradition. Imposed on you by those who came before you. Something given often doesn't take.

I'm still having quite a hard time with the stance on women though. It's like admitting that many men can't handle attratction and sexual tension. Thus an entire gender has to sacrifice in order to keep the peace. Seems defeatist and cowardly to me. Given up on being a better man. Nontheless, thanks for sharing your awesome post on Ramadan with us. It's nice to see that there's something worthwhile practicing there. Teachings of value. So long - enjoy your journey!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#52  Edited By citizenkane

Speaking of Ramadan, this thing is pretty awesome.

LINK

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By KaosAngel
@CitizenKane: ...again, I have the worst luck with 1984, second time today.  :( 

EDIT:  That be oil money right there, thanks the world for not wanting another power source!  :D
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#54  Edited By citizenkane

Of course it's oil money, just like everything built in Dubai and the rest of the UAE.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By nrain
@HandsomeDead:  
Dude, take your hate elsewhere.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By super_machine
@CitizenKane: Dude I know. I cant believe they built that thing right next to the Kabba. I looks like something out of Gotham city. Its crazy huge, like how I would imagine future Mecca.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am a non-Muslim, but I feel great respect for Sawm and the month of Ramadan.   

I would practice Sawm during Ramadan out of respect and because I think the belief is extremely valid, but I am unable to due to the necessity of extreme physical labor I have to perform throughout the day.  I would be at risk of dehydration every day, and would not be able to ever finish my fast.  I will attempt to perform a fast later in the year, perhaps, when I am physically able to.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By Seppli
@CH3BURASHKA said:

" Happy Radaman. 

Dude flipped the video for some reason... "
Dude - that's like German or something! Now that was funny to me.
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Godwind

The best way to cheat the system is to move on the south side of equator where it is cooler and the days are shorter.  Wow, I am fucking smart.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Osaladin
@Matfei90 said:
" @Osaladin said:
"So for the victims of the flood in Pakistan, they do not have to fast, but they will get a greater reward if they do, because it is seen as an extra burden for them.  "
Reward? "
From God. Religious reward lol, you don't get a brand new car or something.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

That thing looks like exactly Big Ben with an enormous golden toenail attached to its spire, it's just a blatant friggin' rip off.  Big Baasim. In my opinion they're trying to wrest control over time itself from Western hands, this bothers me for some reason. My Ramadan is ruined.
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" That thing looks like exactly Big Ben with an enormous golden toenail attached to its spire, it's just a blatant friggin' rip off.  Big Baasim. In my opinion they're trying to wrest control over time itself from Western hands, this bothers me for some reason. My Ramadan is ruined. "
:D great post
tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By tsolless

Yes, "Happy Ramadan". 

Curious question though. What happens if you are a muslim in Alaska or other northern places and the Ramadan occurs during the part of the year where, in these places, there is no sunset?

One answer I heard is that it is acceptable to eat according to the time zone and sunset of Mecca.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Osaladin
@tsolless said:
" Yes, "Happy Ramadan".   Curious question though. What happens if you are a muslim in Alaska or other northern places and the Ramadan occurs during the part of the year where, in these places, there is no sunset?  One answer I heard is that it is acceptable to eat according to the time zone and sunset of Mecca. "
You can follow Mecca, or the nearest city that has a sunset. Very good question though, you don't see it that often. 
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Kagamine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers