Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By mrv321
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:

@hunkaburningluv: It works well compared to past experience, try something new... IT'S FREE. Jesus, it could help YOU.Hey look n apple zealot not willing to try anything new because they believe what they have is enough... No wonder why apple can get away with it, because your all too sure on Apple being the best.I asked for you to try Ubuntu, personally I set up my Ubuntu to give blow-jobs and make me millions each day, too bad you won't get to use this. See a Windows user, the smart ones atleast bother to educate themselves instead of being so stubborn.Have you tried a Linux OS? Ever.

apple is far 'from the best' dude - it just suits my needs the best at the moment. I've told you, I've really not got the want to fuck about with a new os and all the apps that go with it. Why should I go out of my way to run linux/whatever? Is it going to save me time when I use logic? is it going to make my movie editing and dvd burning more efficient without having to re-familiarise myself with a new app? if something goes wrong with my machine, can I take it to the linux store and get a replacement then and there if need be? what about driver issues?  I don't think so, I understand that ubutnu and linux are pretty cool os's, but I don't want to deal with the shite that comes with an open source system....sorry dude, you might like getting blowjobs from your tower pc, but I don't. Deal with it.
Actually yes, since the OS doesn't infringe on MOST warranties, just take it back to the store say the problem, either new laptop or a fix. My Ubuntu laptop broke, got a fix.

You don't even have to lose MAC OS, they run side by side, if your looking for quick browsing, or just stuff you don't want to be effected then just go to Ubuntu.
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:

@hunkaburningluv: It works well compared to past experience, try something new... IT'S FREE. Jesus, it could help YOU.Hey look n apple zealot not willing to try anything new because they believe what they have is enough... No wonder why apple can get away with it, because your all too sure on Apple being the best.I asked for you to try Ubuntu, personally I set up my Ubuntu to give blow-jobs and make me millions each day, too bad you won't get to use this. See a Windows user, the smart ones atleast bother to educate themselves instead of being so stubborn.Have you tried a Linux OS? Ever.

apple is far 'from the best' dude - it just suits my needs the best at the moment. I've told you, I've really not got the want to fuck about with a new os and all the apps that go with it. Why should I go out of my way to run linux/whatever? Is it going to save me time when I use logic? is it going to make my movie editing and dvd burning more efficient without having to re-familiarise myself with a new app? if something goes wrong with my machine, can I take it to the linux store and get a replacement then and there if need be? what about driver issues?  I don't think so, I understand that ubutnu and linux are pretty cool os's, but I don't want to deal with the shite that comes with an open source system....sorry dude, you might like getting blowjobs from your tower pc, but I don't. Deal with it.
Actually yes, since the OS doesn't infringe on MOST warranties, just take it back to the store say the problem, either new laptop or a fix. My Ubuntu laptop broke, got a fix.You don't even have to lose MAC OS, they run side by side, if your looking for quick browsing, or just stuff you don't want to be effected then just go to Ubuntu.

why? it won't make me more productive using ubuntu - my mac runs like a beast at the best of times, nevermind when just browsing. So there's not really any advantage for me to use ubuntu for general day to day tasks. SAYING that though, there is a case for me to dual boot windows if i chose to run my lappy as a gaming machine - it's relatively beastly and will run most games (maybe not on mega high settings though)......
mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By mrv321
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:

Actually yes, since the OS doesn't infringe on MOST warranties, just take it back to the store say the problem, either new laptop or a fix. My Ubuntu laptop broke, got a fix.You don't even have to lose MAC OS, they run side by side, if your looking for quick browsing, or just stuff you don't want to be effected then just go to Ubuntu.

why? it won't make me more productive using ubuntu - my mac runs like a beast at the best of times, nevermind when just browsing. So there's not really any advantage for me to use ubuntu for general day to day tasks. SAYING that though, there is a case for me to dual boot windows if i chose to run my lappy as a gaming machine - it's relatively beastly and will run most games (maybe not on mega high settings though)......
Trust me, I've used a lot of OS's but a proper Linux desktop makes my current PC feel like something that needs a Voodoo card. I'm not even kidding, it uses a 1/4 of the ram, less CPU, it saves battery, quicker boot times. Will you install the Chrome OS onto you laptop with 8 second boot can be quite useful?
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:
@mrv321 said:

Trust me, I've used a lot of OS's but a proper Linux desktop makes my current PC feel like something that needs a Voodoo card. I'm not even kidding, it uses a 1/4 of the ram, less CPU, it saves battery, quicker boot times. Will you install the Chrome OS onto you laptop with 8 second boot can be quite useful?

I'm never usually in that much of a rush that an 8 second boot is required bud to be honest...
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By gamefreak9
@PrivateIronTFU
Um, i never meant for so much trolling to take place. I acknowledge that Mac products are good, its just that they aren't worth the money,  the point of the poll is see what kind of awareness there is on how overpriced they are. I chose options a and c to try(failed) and filter out brainwashed/hardcore mac lovers/haters. Though actually i expected much more trolling. 
Delusibeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Delusibeta

With the possible exception of the iPod Classic (by virtue of being pretty much the only hard drive based MP3 player left on the market), all of Apple's products are overpriced by a good 20%. I also do not believe they are reliable, at all: my iPod Classic that I bought a few months ago (due to being the only MP3 player on the market with more than 40Gb of space that cost less than £200) has crashed more times than my previous MP3 player (a Creative Zen Vision:M) did in the three years or so I've had it.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#157  Edited By HydraHam

I don't HATE apple, i like what they are doing my problem is with the pricing and the people who buy it because it makes them think they are better somehow.

And i hate most people who are apple users, im not talking about your average iphone user or macbook etc. owner im talking about those stupid fucking hipsters who stand outside the apple store using an iphone, ipad and ipod at the same time, it blows my mind because from what i understand hipsters aren't about big corporate things, they are against it, or wear/use certain things as "irony", there is nothing ironic about using 8 apple products at the same time standing outside an apple store wearing goodwill clothes, it makes you look like a complete asstard.

If apple had reasonable prices for their underpowered products i might buy some, but im not paying 600 for an oversized ipod, 300 for an ipad or 1000+ for an overpriced underpowered laptop, i find it ridiculous people spend that kind of money but it's their business, i won't judge them, but i will judge hipsters because i fucking hate hipsters.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By TwoOneFive
@gamefreak9: it argues it will be obsolete within a few years...

im typing this on my 4+ year old macbook and it still works like new and better than most of my friends pc laptops.it works well enough that i have, still, absolutely no desire to upgrade. never had a virus. never had any problem at all really. only thing i ever had to do was replace the charger, and i bought a cheap one for $25 and it has worked for a year now. 
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By gamefreak9
@TwoOneFive
Your not the norm, i'm typing this on my laptop which i have owned for 4 years too, difference is i paid half what you paid, if you want to get more value than me, you have to own it for 8 years. And same thing here, any maintenance was entirely my fault for being clumsy.  Average Apple laptop lifetime is 6 months higher than windows. Yet the average laptop price is over 60 per cent more, talk about horrible value for money. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By TwoOneFive
@gamefreak9 said:
@TwoOneFive
Your not the norm, i'm typing this on my laptop which i have owned for 4 years too, difference is i paid half what you paid, if you want to get more value than me, you have to own it for 8 years. And same thing here, any maintenance was entirely my fault for being clumsy.  Average Apple laptop lifetime is 6 months higher than windows. Yet the average laptop price is over 60 per cent more, talk about horrible value for money. 
sure but im not a computer wiz. everyone i know who has pc's deals with rebooting and constant virus scanning on a daily basis. me... not once. and all i use this for is internet, downloading and word/powerpoint/excel. thats it. not technical shit. and if i want to game i do have onlive. look im just saying the average mac user has a lot less hassle than the average pc user. youre not an average user you obviously know more about pc's
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@gamefreak9 said:
@TwoOneFive
Your not the norm, i'm typing this on my laptop which i have owned for 4 years too, difference is i paid half what you paid, if you want to get more value than me, you have to own it for 8 years. And same thing here, any maintenance was entirely my fault for being clumsy.  Average Apple laptop lifetime is 6 months higher than windows. Yet the average laptop price is over 60 per cent more, talk about horrible value for money

You sure about that? I've always found that mac's last far longer. AND have better resale value.
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#162  Edited By CastroCasper

Apple is a fine company that makes fine products. I happen to like them over other companies for some things, and others I like other companies. It is kind of a shame that people are buying iPods for the name. Just recently, a friend of mine who is not very tech savy, wanted to get an MP3 player so he could listen to music on long work calls. All he really wanted was an iPod and when he asked the salesmen at Best Buy, they just told him to get the more expensive version. So he ended up buying an iPod, with a bunch of stuff he will never use, when a 25 dollar MP3 player would have done him fine.

It is also weird that most people know MP3 players as "iPods".

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By gamefreak9
@hunkaburningluv said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@TwoOneFive
Your not the norm, i'm typing this on my laptop which i have owned for 4 years too, difference is i paid half what you paid, if you want to get more value than me, you have to own it for 8 years. And same thing here, any maintenance was entirely my fault for being clumsy.  Average Apple laptop lifetime is 6 months higher than windows. Yet the average laptop price is over 60 per cent more, talk about horrible value for money

You sure about that? I've always found that mac's last far longer. AND have better resale value.
We are talking about laptops here, its between 6-9 months longer for them. I would say theres more variance in pc's though, a tech savvy dude will probably be able to maintain his pc as long as an apple user if not longer, whilst some useless person will probably ruin it in a year or two. 
 I dno about resale value, what kind of money do you think you'd get for a 4 year old 1000 dollar macbook? i don't think your going to get over 100, i could be wrong though.  

@kurtdyoung said:

Apple is a fine company that makes fine products. I happen to like them over other companies for some things, and others I like other companies. It is kind of a shame that people are buying iPods for the name. Just recently, a friend of mine who is not very tech savy, wanted to get an MP3 player so he could listen to music on long work calls. All he really wanted was an iPod and when he asked the salesmen at Best Buy, they just told him to get the more expensive version. So he ended up buying an iPod, with a bunch of stuff he will never use, when a 25 dollar MP3 player would have done him fine.

It is also weird that most people know MP3 players as "iPods".

I'm actually stuck with an ipod for now, never actually looked around for other stuff(it was a gift), are other MP3's really that cheap?? i thought they would be like 100 or something among those lines, any idea on how much space or if they are mp4 compatible? 
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i said i hate apple products but call me a hypocrite considering i owned 4 iPods and now i own an iPhone....

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By gamefreak9
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
i said i hate apple products but call me a hypocrite considering i owned 4 iPods and now i own an iPhone....
hypocrite...

also i don't like your name, too many caps...
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamefreak9 said:
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
hypocrite...

also i don't like your name, too many caps...
fair enough
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@gamefreak9 said:
@hunkaburningluv said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@TwoOneFive

We are talking about laptops here, its between 6-9 months longer for them. I would say theres more variance in pc's though, a tech savvy dude will probably be able to maintain his pc as long as an apple user if not longer, whilst some useless person will probably ruin it in a year or two. 
 I dno about resale value, what kind of money do you think you'd get for a 4 year old 1000 dollar macbook? i don't think your going to get over 100, i could be wrong though.  

I disagree bud - from experience, they hold their value really well (I'd take a rough guess of 20-25%)- it's one of the plus points with a totally closed system. There is very little in the way of maintenance you need to do to a mac - far less than what you need to do (at least with older) windows systems.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#168  Edited By TehFlan

I can't really afford their products, but I don't hate them. The only Apple product I own is an iPad, and I got that for free.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#169  Edited By dichemstys

Their computers are overpriced but God damn if they aren't reliable.