Help me find a good horror/thriller movie!

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By thomasriis1987

Hi everybody!

No Caption Provided

I haven’t been writing a blog in several months and now I am back!

(I hope that you are as happy for that, as I am –else, feel free to read my old blogs and make up your own mind).

Well, here we go:

I like horror movies. Actually I like them so much that everyone I know has started not taking my advice when recommending a movie; “oh, he’s just gonna pick something dark and scary” – and yes, I will, because I love that shit. Getting my adrenalin all up and my senses at peak.

I have watched a ton of thrilling and creepy movies, and I kind of feel, that I have reached the end of really good movies. Is there anyone left? I bet there is, but I have ended up watching about all mystery/suspence/horror/thriller movies listed on every single top 10 list I have been able to dig up on the internet. The same classics are listed at all of them, and I really need to find those rare gems out there:

That’s why I need you!

If I list a couple of movies that I love, maybe you guys could recommend me some awesome titles?

I like these:

No Caption Provided

That’s what I could come up with and I think it gives a pretty good idea of what I like. It needs to be creepy, psychological and disturbing. Too much gore, teenage slashing and humor doesn’t interest me.

Okay, I hope some of you guys will find the time to help me out and suggest some creepy and thrilling movie titles!

Thanks for reading, I love you all! (insert: Nosferatu smiley and a 360 headspin)

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By thomasriis1987

Hi everybody!

No Caption Provided

I haven’t been writing a blog in several months and now I am back!

(I hope that you are as happy for that, as I am –else, feel free to read my old blogs and make up your own mind).

Well, here we go:

I like horror movies. Actually I like them so much that everyone I know has started not taking my advice when recommending a movie; “oh, he’s just gonna pick something dark and scary” – and yes, I will, because I love that shit. Getting my adrenalin all up and my senses at peak.

I have watched a ton of thrilling and creepy movies, and I kind of feel, that I have reached the end of really good movies. Is there anyone left? I bet there is, but I have ended up watching about all mystery/suspence/horror/thriller movies listed on every single top 10 list I have been able to dig up on the internet. The same classics are listed at all of them, and I really need to find those rare gems out there:

That’s why I need you!

If I list a couple of movies that I love, maybe you guys could recommend me some awesome titles?

I like these:

No Caption Provided

That’s what I could come up with and I think it gives a pretty good idea of what I like. It needs to be creepy, psychological and disturbing. Too much gore, teenage slashing and humor doesn’t interest me.

Okay, I hope some of you guys will find the time to help me out and suggest some creepy and thrilling movie titles!

Thanks for reading, I love you all! (insert: Nosferatu smiley and a 360 headspin)

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By oatz

Before someone suggests The Descent, that movie was shit.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xdaknightx69

this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870984/

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thomasriis1987

@oatz: Hi dude, thanks for the heads up - but i have already seen that one. I actually thought it was OK, but def. not excellent. to say it was shit, I think, is a little harsh.

@xdaknightx69: I come from Denmark, so obviously i've seen that one too :) - it's a really great movie, not brilliant, but I love the scenes in it and the whole message. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anyone else?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

First off, let me state that I am not a fan of horror movies. This is because I am often at the mercy of my overactive imagination and watching these types of movies tends to make me feel acutely paranoid for weeks or months afterwards.

However, I inadvertently stumbled upon what I was surprised to learn was billed as a horror movie, Red State.

It definitely does not fall into standard mold for horror movies, but if what you're looking for is a movie that is creepy, psychological, and disturbing, then you could do worse than to catch this flick.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Grissefar

I can highly recommend Denizen.

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thomasriis1987

@StarvingGamer: Thanks for your thoughts dude, - if you say it has those values, i'll gladly look into it - I will get back to you after watching it :)

@Grissefar: A monster movie? well, looks a bit comical, but i'm gonna check it out. seems like a movie ehich would fit perfectly with a jo*nt. I'll get back to you as well

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Grissefar
@thomasriis1987 said:

@StarvingGamer: Thanks for your thoughts dude, - if you say it has those values, i'll gladly look into it - I will get back to you after watching it :)

@Grissefar: A monster movie? well, looks a bit comical, but i'm gonna check it out. seems like a movie ehich would fit perfectly with a jo*nt. I'll get back to you as well

Cool, if you can dig it up, you can also find some of it on last years Big Live with commentary by none other than Ryan Davis and Matt Rorie. Ha! Ha! Makes you wonder why they cut Ryan from this years Big Live movie segment, which subsequently sucked a giant dick - if you catch my drift.
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

Swamp Shark, go!

thomasriis1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thomasriis1987

@Hizang: Haha, this is the cover for swamp shark:

No Caption Provided

I think i need a confirmation that this movie is great. Looks really fun in a B movie, style - but maybe a bit too silly?

I need, some chilling stuff, not laughable :) (i might see it though)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By Hizang

@thomasriis1987: Its a Syfy movie is that tells you anything, this movie is even on blu ray!

It also is 100% the plot of Jaws..

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xdaknightx69

@thomasriis1987: have u seen these?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591095/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454841/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464141/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148204/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120889/ ( i wouldn't classify this as a horror movie but its a good film)

bloodlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By bloodlines

Silent Night, Deadly Night should be right up your alley then.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there's a fred figglehorn movie floating around somewhere. here's a short clip from his youtube channel. it's scary as hell!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Strangers is an underappreciated horror flick, very unnerving and very creepy.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PeasantAbuse
Roomrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Roomrunner

I Saw The Devil is on netflix instant. Recommended.

This is by the guy who did A Tale of Two Sisters, which isn't as dark, but one of my favorite horror movies ever.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TentPole

The Talent Mr. Ripley

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Marcsman

Let the Right One In or the American remake Let Me In.

gamma_male

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By gamma_male

If you can find it anywhere, I highly recommend Society. It starts out like a fairly typical late-80s, preppy, suburban US film (it even stars the head pretty-boy from Baywatch). Goes fucking bananas towards the end. It's difficult to find in the UK because, as far as I can tell, no-one went to see it. It may be different where you are so if you get the chance, give it a watch.

Audition is brilliant. Starts very slow but stick with it. It rewards patience.

Switchblade Romance is another good one too. I could go on but that should do for now. If you watch these, like them and want more, feel free to PM me.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Samael2138

Psychological and disturbing, huh? Well, they might not be horror movies, but the Millennium Trilogy (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, etc..) are about as disturbing and psychological as they come. The Swedish versions are on Netflix. I highly recommend them!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Jeust
  • Orphanage
  • Jacob's Ladder
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai
  • Troll Hunter
  • The Devil's Backbone.
  • I Saw The Devil.
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Commisar123

Silence of the Lambs

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By gamefreak9

OP can u list the titles of the films you posted, there's one i can't make out if i've seen or not.

I assume you've seen Night of the living dead(the black and white one), its pretty much the top zombie movie ever. Otherwise Evil Dead 2 was a fun watch. And of course if your looking to be traumatized by a film that doesn't reward you with your expectations, its "Funny games"... also i should mention that I never get scared but Funny Games made me buy an extra lock for my door.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rudyftw
  • The Spanish film REC* or the American remake Quarantine (I prefer Quarantine) (5 Stars)
  • The Evil Dead (Cult Classic) (5 Stars)
  • 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks later (28 days is far scarier) (4 Stars)
  • Dawn Of the Dead (remake) (3 Stars)
  • Wrong Turn (many people hate this one, but I think it was really well done) (3 stars)
  • I Am Legend (4 Stars)
  • Dead Silence (3 Stars)
  • The Strangers (3 Stars)
  • Stakeland (4 Stars)
  • Mulberry Street (A low production American film, about people who turn into rat hybrids... ) (4 Stars)
  • Jacobs Ladder (4 Stars)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now... If you want to be scarred for life. (I recommend you wiki these before watching. What is seen cannot be unseen)

• The Human Centipede 2
  • A Serbian Film
Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@StarvingGamer said:

First off, let me state that I am not a fan of horror movies. This is because I am often at the mercy of my overactive imagination and watching these types of movies tends to make me feel acutely paranoid for weeks or months afterwards.

However, I inadvertently stumbled upon what I was surprised to learn was billed as a horror movie, Red State.

It definitely does not fall into standard mold for horror movies, but if what you're looking for is a movie that is creepy, psychological, and disturbing, then you could do worse than to catch this flick.

Red State was a pile of shit.

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By KimParnage

Watch Trucks... I know you own it.. ;)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By penguindust
VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VierasTalo

Any horror-fan needs to see Possession. I'd call it the best horror film I've seen in me 3000+ film watching history, but the original Halloween fuels my nostalgia to such extents I can't make such statements with honesty.

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By stubbleman

Blue Velvet, 8mm, The Mothman Prophecies, The Fly, and someone here was recommending this movie Sauna, which looks pretty good as well. I hesitate to recommend these two, but I really liked Case 39 and Pitch Black a lot, so give those a shot if your interested as well.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By tekmojo

1408 is a great movie, at least for me.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Horror movies? Anything by Aaron Friedberg and Jason Seltzer, also throw in Uwe Boll.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jay444111

Buy a gaming PC and play Amnesia the dark descent, it is known as one of the scariest fucking things ever made.

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PulledaBrad

Check out the French flick "Inside" Pretty awesome stuff there.