Help With Space Neon Lobster Shirt Size

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

I am interested in buying one of the new Giant Bomb shirts to support the site and all. But I would like to know kind of how big I should expect these to be. I know there's several different sizes but all clothes tend to size pretty differently. I wear either a large or an extra large typically. So basically I want to know if anyone has bought one and could tell me about how long and wide theirs is. It would also be helpful to know what size you bought too. I saw on the store page it says the shirts are 12" across i think but I am assuming that that is for like size medium or something.

I realize it may be a little early to ask since they have only been on sale for a short time now, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. Anyways if anyone could help me out that would be awesome. I really want to order one as soon as possible.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ahriman22

Go with the biggest, I always do, since most shirts don't fit people who are 6'5 tall.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ahriman22:  Well I'm only about 6'1". Length is sometimes a problem but usually my problem is the shirts being too wide. So I think I want large. But then what if that's too short? Ahhh, I can't decide.
cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By cinemandrew
@JJWeatherman said:
" @ahriman22:  Well I'm only about 6'1". Length is sometimes a problem but usually my problem is the shirts being too wide. So I think I want large. But then what if that's too short? Ahhh, I can't decide. "
I bought one. I'm still waiting for it to show up. Hopefully It'll be on my doorstep when I get home from work tonight. I got a medium, but I'm also 5'6", so length isn't usually an issue for me.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RetroIce4

Can somebody tell me where these shirts are or am I just r-tarded?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
@RetroIce4 said:
" Can somebody tell me where these shirts are or am I just r-tarded? "
Link-a-tude
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Player1

I'd go with large. Tighter shirts are in style anyways! 

So while im here....anyone want to explain these shirts to me...I just don't get them :/
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik
@Player1: It was some offhand lil conversation in the 07-08-2008 podcast (around the 1 hour, 37 minute mark). Ryan described the game Schizoid as 'space neon lobsters that have to work co-operatively' and Jeff said it should be on a t-shirt. Voila!
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#9  Edited By citizenkane

I will always have problem with shirts.  I'm 6'6", longer than average upper body and big chested.  Getting a t-shirt or nice dress shirts to fit me in always an adventure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just go for XL. Always go for the bigger size.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got my shirt in the mail. Definitely go for the bigger size. Confirmed.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By guerrilla_mason
@JJWeatherman said:
" I saw on the store page it says the shirts are 12" across i think but I am assuming that that is for like size medium or something. "
I think that's for the design.  And I always go a size bigger that I think I need for a shirt. Better safe than sorry.
Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Sabata

Got my shirt in the mail today; I ordered a large and hoped for the best since sometimes shirts in large will fit a little tight and sometimes they'll be too loose. This shirt fits pretty damn well. As for inches, according to my tape measure it's 21" across, not counting the sleeves of course.  If you're still worried, go with the XL.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Sabata said:
" Got my shirt in the mail today; I ordered a large and hoped for the best since sometimes shirts in large will fit a little tight and sometimes they'll be too loose. This shirt fits pretty damn well. As for inches, according to my tape measure it's 21" across, not counting the sleeves of course.  If you're still worried, go with the XL. "
Thanks for the info man. Still holding off on buying but I may just go ahead and do it now.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

So uh... relevant bump, can anyone measure the lengths of a large or x-large GiantBomb t-shirt? I'm trying to decide what size to get my amazing Oscar Mike t-shirt in and the length for me (as CK mentioned) is crucial since I have a long torso.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By EpicSteve

I own both small and medium GB-related shirts. I've learned to order a size higher than I would normally wear. I always wear smalls, but with GB, their smalls are too small. I'm assuming the same would be for your sizes.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
@EpicSteve said:
" I own both small and medium GB-related shirts. I've learned to order a size higher than I would normally wear. I always wear smalls, but with GB, their smalls are too small. I'm assuming the same would be for your sizes. "
My problem is that I can wear large or extra large shirts, which may mean I need an xx-large if their x-larges are like normal larges... which is confusing me hugely.
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By nanikore
@CitizenKane: CitizenKane the giant! I never pictured you that tall/clothed.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Systech

I'm the same height and I had a problem with the Large. Go for XL.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By EpicSteve
@Jayge said:
" @EpicSteve said:
" I own both small and medium GB-related shirts. I've learned to order a size higher than I would normally wear. I always wear smalls, but with GB, their smalls are too small. I'm assuming the same would be for your sizes. "
My problem is that I can wear large or extra large shirts, which may mean I need an xx-large if their x-larges are like normal larges... which is confusing me hugely. "
Well it's hard for me to judge since I don't know your size. What's the smallest size you can comfortably wear? I'd say go one higher than that.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By nrain

Wow I guess american sizes seem to be larger than UK, I just measured one of my large shirts (a generic non giant bomb one) and it was under 20" across, guess I made the right choice in ordering medium.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_

XL it is then (thanks Halveraptor and Steve)

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I went with a large, but from what I've read in the other shirt thread, people were saying you should go one size bigger since GB's shirts tend to be a little small. I hope mine fits, man. Ha, I ordered the Oscar Mike shirt right away. I figured it would sell out quickly, but maybe not...

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#24  Edited By citizenkane
@nanikore said:
" @CitizenKane: CitizenKane the giant! I never pictured you that tall/clothed. "
I have heard that I'm pretty tall.