User Lists: 1

You're going to die.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If they're only $5, it's a pretty financially sound decision. It's not super easy to make a proper meal for less than that.

BobBarker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bro I vape decadent tacos erryday.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think you might go past the $400 bill eating Taco Bell and just not win at that point. Also:

Stop stop, don't stop, don't stop, don't stop! Eh, whatever.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think that is bad a idea. The eating of Taco Bell part.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godspeed

TheQuestyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get rice in pretty much every burrito I eat.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By agentboolen

@franticrain: This is a great idea!!! But even me who loves the shit out of everything Taco bell wont do something like this. I kind of believe not all locations will have a winner and its basically a scam to get your money. Good luck, whats the odds on winning?

I also find it funny that you sound like you don't even like Taco bell, all of those items you reviewed are much tastier then a McD's big mac.

• Crunchy Taco - Yummy.
  • Doritos Locos Tacos - Doritos makes it more yummy.
  • Quesarito - Rice in a burrito its pretty normal for Mexican food to have rice!!! Even in Burritos.
  • Cheesy Gordita Crunch - Cheese always makes things yummy.
  • Burrito Supreme - I usually go with Chicken in my taco's but beef is a o.k. option, has the normal toppings crammed in there. Still yummy.

When your done with this contest I highly recommend Moe's South West grill (if you have any near you), this place makes the best Tacos and Burrito's.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Best of luck!

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@agentboolen: You're not wrong about the Big Mac. While I own shed a single tear while eating a Burrito Supreme, I elicit audible sobs when forced to eat a Big Mac.
The way the "Game" works is that every 15 minutes, a time is randomly selected. The first person to redeem a code after the randomly selected time wins. Its not a location with a winning code situation.

therealtakeshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By therealtakeshi

Good luck to you, sir.

No Caption Provided

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've only made it 3 days. I want to read a post two weeks from now. I imagine everything will be far less pleasant then :p

But hopefully you don't have to do it for that long. Good luck!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to ruin the dream or anything, but way back when Sony was doing this with Taco Bell for the PSP, a friend of mine actually won, but never received his PSP even after sending in the form and everything.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would love to know if these campaigns are real or scams. I always hear about giveaways, I never hear about people actually winning. Good luck to you man!

In the US it is felony fraud to scam people in that way, so I don't think Taco Bell would take the risk just to sell a few more burritos.

MeAuntieNora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to ruin the dream or anything, but way back when Sony was doing this with Taco Bell for the PSP, a friend of mine actually won, but never received his PSP even after sending in the form and everything.

Isn't that some form of fraud?

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to justify the contest isnt a scam as I got my Vita that way (2?) years ago. I wouldn't own one any other way.

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Your determination is inspiring duder. Keep it up (but stay healthy)!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#70  Edited By Slag

I was unaware of this. I Know what I'm eatin' tomorrow!

Apologies to my stomach in advance.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I too say you should save the money you'd spend on these boxes and just get a PS4. It'll be better for everyone involved, cept Taco Bell maybe. Of course I've never been to or seen a taco bell so I've no idea what I'm missing out on here.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By DukesT3

I've always had rice in my burritos when I go to a Mexican restaurant but when I've had taco bells? Good lord how can you fuck that up.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taco bell is practically all vegetables anyway, so healthy! [/danryckertlogic]

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DannyHibiki
No Caption Provided

I didn't win anything, but I did get to eat Taco Bell and drink a Baja Blast.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you win! This is kind of funny. Keep us up to date if anything weird happens, or if there are medical emergencies, or you develop super powers.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was 9, Doritos had a promotion where the winner can win millions of dollars by collecting 9 or 10 different letters to form two words. I forget what it was since this was 1991, but I think the last word spelled "time."

To win the millions of dollars, you had to have the right letter, and tune into In Living Color on Super Bowl Sunday for the reveal. Each bag of Doritos had a letter. My sister and I ate a lot of Doritos back then, and I personally was convinced I was going to win. I was so delusional and juvenile, I circled stuff in the department store catalog that I was going to buy with the money -- essentially a bunch of bullshit that wouldn't matter in three years. I basically saw Silver Spoons as a kid and thought, "I'ma gonna be like Rickey, durr."

I had all but one letter, but my dumb brain didn't realize there was a reason why I didn't have the final letter. I thought that since probability was on my side, I couldn't lose, despite thousands of people were probably in the same position. I watched In Living Color as a kid, anyway, so I tuned in while they had their show during the Bills-Redskins Super Bowl halftime in January 1992.

During a commercial bump, the Fly Girls had a pre-recorded message about the revealing number, and it was the one I didn't have -- "M" for "millionaire," I remember. I was devastated. I was a Bills fan back then, too.

Since then, no more except the one or two times when my sister and I played the Monopoly sweepstakes from McDonalds for fun when it first started 15-20 years ago.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're a marketing guy's dream.

The ad says you "COULD" win a PS4. Who's to know how many of them they are actually giving away. They only really have to have one prize to legally make the promotion true.

Still, if you like their product, knock yourself out. Just don't let a brand's promotion mess with your health/wealth.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DannyHibiki

@wacomole said:

You're a marketing guy's dream.

The ad says you "COULD" win a PS4. Who's to know how many of them they are actually giving away. They only really have to have one prize to legally make the promotion true.

Still, if you like their product, knock yourself out. Just don't let a brand's promotion mess with your health/wealth.

I know this is just an anecdote on the internet, but my husband did win an OG Xbox through Taco Bell in 2001. It was a little easier to win back then, because this specific contest was based around giving away one Xbox per store location, and he was the only person in our small Texas town dedicated enough to enter a whole lot of times. They were very strict about confirming his winning entry, of course.

I'm glad he won; we ended up going halfsies on a copy of Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball when that came out and screwing around and laughing at that game a lot. Good times.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

Isn't that some form of fraud?

Probably? Thinking about my timeline, I think it actually would've been a Vita (it was, like... 2011? I was in college), and after reading MB's post, I think that's probably what happened.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're gonna turn into a taco, bruh. You're tempting fate with this strategy.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By mike

You don't actually have to buy any of their food to enter, you know. You can just enter once a day for every day of the contest by mailing in a 3x5" card with the contest info and your name on it. They have to do this by law, otherwise it's considered a lottery and illegal.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#82  Edited By ch3burashka

Goodbye, @franticrain, we hardly knew ye.

I hope you realize that you're falling into the well-studied phenomenon of statistical blindness (or something equally fancy sounding) in which you believe that if you throw yourself against this Taco Bell wall long and hard enough, the odds will improve for you. You'll probably spend a PS4's worth on Taco Bell (and several PS4's worth on doctor's visits) and never get it.

tl;dr post your obit when you die

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

No Caption Provided

I didn't win anything, but I did get to eat Taco Bell and drink a Baja Blast.

Lucky devil..

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend from school won a PS4 from Taco Bell last year. I feel like simple proximity has killed my chances of winning, because what are the chances 2 dudes in Tucson win these things within a year of each other? I need to remember to thank that dickhead for fucking this up for me.

Although I must say, I have been exposed to so many contests throughout my life, that I'm kind of surprised I've never won anything. I'm no math magician, but you'd think at a certain point the numbers would start to work in your favor. All of my luck goes to fucking Shiny Pokemon.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: But that would require me to find a bunch of postcards and stamps, and quite frankly, its more fun to eat way too much Taco Bell.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By FranticRain

@wacomole: There are 4,032 PS4 Bundles being given away as part of the "Game."

JordanaRama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are doing God's work, sir.

strohfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neil Hamburger has been doing some digging around TB for a while now.

http://www.kcet.org/living/food/food-rant/behind-neil-hamburgers-taco-bell-retweets.html

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I just want to make sure the FACTS are represented in this thread.

natdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to eat Taco Bell every day. Now if I tried that, I'd weigh over 300 lbs. I miss having high metabolism.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Taco Bell is amazing!

P.S. Taco Bell is terrible!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My friend from school won a PS4 from Taco Bell last year. I feel like simple proximity has killed my chances of winning, because what are the chances 2 dudes in Tucson win these things within a year of each other? I need to remember to thank that dickhead for fucking this up for me.

Although I must say, I have been exposed to so many contests throughout my life, that I'm kind of surprised I've never won anything. I'm no math magician, but you'd think at a certain point the numbers would start to work in your favor. All of my luck goes to fucking Shiny Pokemon.

Yup, that's how probability works. Checks out.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz said:
@hunter5024 said:

Yup, that's how probability works. Checks out.

Lady Luck doesn't like staying in one place. She's a drifter.

screwball69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By screwball69

If they're only $5, it's a pretty financially sound decision. It's not super easy to make a proper meal for less than that.

If you seriously think that, you may want to actually budget out what it costs to eat for a week and maybe buy some cook books.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#95  Edited By crcruz3

I live in Argentina and we don't have any Taco Bells here, otherwise I would love to join you in this stupid (and great) quest.

Fifteen years ago, as a college student, I ate at least one meal a day at McDonalds's for 6 months and nothing bad happened to me. I used to hit the gym everyday, jog 3 times a week and play some squash so I didn't even gain weight as a result of this dumb behavior.

Good luck.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DannyHibiki
notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Godspeed, sir.

As an aside, I fucking love Taco Bell. As far as value goes, the Big Box Meal is tough to beat. I also agree with your food reviews for the most part. The Quesarito is underwhelming, largely due to the rice. Rice is merely filler, and kills a burrito. The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is, in fact, greatness. The Doritos Locos Tacos are good, not great. The Burrito Supreme is meh. And the standard crunchy taco should be subbed for the soft taco, IMO. IMO, the best Big Box Meal they ever had was the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito (which is gross/awesome), Cheesy Gordita Crunch, and regular taco. That was gold right there. Best $5 meal you can find. I hope you get a Playstation out of your efforts.

I've never won anything from food, but I did win an Xbox 360 from Best Buy at a sparsely attended NCAA football midnight release event where they gave away two 360s to a group of about 20 people. Not bad odds there, and since I already had a 360, I exchanged it for a surround sound system. Also slightly related, I won a shotgun not too long ago at a golf tournament by playing a raffle that had about 15 tickets in it. You could buy ten raffle tickets for $20, so I spent a whole 40 bucks to give me favorable odds at winning a $350 shotgun. I'm not sure why anyone else wasn't smart enough to figure that out, but I was more than happy to win the shotgun.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I'm totally with you of the soft taco. Might not be a popular opinion, but I agree.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#100  Edited By AlexW00d

rip Drew