• 115 results
#1 Posted by HeroesDieInVain (23 posts) -

For some reason it took me almost a year to finally make a GB account.

#2 Posted by ajamafalous (12003 posts) -

Several months.

#3 Posted by Delicious_Brains (170 posts) -

I made an account and started posting on the forums about a month after I found the site. I still wouldn't call myself an active commenter, but I do like the place.

#4 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

Quite the long time. I'm pretty sure I started checking out the site regularly in late 2008

#5 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

I created my account the day the site launched.

#6 Posted by Nasar7 (2687 posts) -

I followed the site since launch but lurked for a year or so.

#7 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" I created my account the day the site launched. "
Yeah, maybe a couple of hours.
#8 Edited by SpacePenguin (479 posts) -
@HeroesDieInVain said:

" For some reason it took me almost a year to finally make a GB account. "

Im not sure if it was that long but I it was quite a long time before i made an account.
But even before I made an account I was still coming to the site alot.
#9 Posted by Toxin066 (3289 posts) -
@HeroesDieInVain said:
" For some reason it took me almost a year to finally make a GB account. "
Same here. I feel like I was here near the launch, but never felt motivated to actually join. No idea why, though.
#10 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" I created my account the day the site launched. "
Same deal here. I was sad when Jeff left Gamespot and followed his blog until he told me to check out his new website... which just so happens to be this place. 
#11 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Probably six months to a year? I'm not completely sure, but it's a good question.

#12 Posted by Hoffafiles (285 posts) -

I enjoyed the site for quite awhile before I made an account.

I don't regularly post on forums, so I didn't "need" to make an account, plus I'm lazy.
#13 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

Took me a few months.

#14 Posted by HeroesDieInVain (23 posts) -

And now that I have one, I don't know how I lived without one.

The Quests are soooo addictive!
#15 Posted by Jolt92 (1552 posts) -

Like half a year or something..? I don't know. I might have had an account but just didn't post on the forums. 

#16 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

During the Persona 4 Endurancerun

#17 Posted by super2j (1699 posts) -

found the site when i googled videogame comedy. Once i found the site i watched a couple of videos. And i think it took me some time but i got one probably a month after. Its pretty random when i sign up to a site.

#18 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

Since the days of how to build a bomb.
#19 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Made my account the first time I visited the site. Didn't start using it until a year after I signed up.

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I visited from the time it opened basically, but for whatever reason wasn't interested in the forums until Dec. 5 2008.  So, from the time of launch to then.

#21 Posted by redAnt (4 posts) -

Only found out about this site (and the others) through a post on reddit about 6 months ago and have been hooked since.

#22 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

A few months I suppose.

#23 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Well pretty much day one but I didn't use it for a while since the site was under development at that time.

#24 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

My cousin forced me to make an account pretty close to around when Giant Bomb started. Didn't really get the site until a couple months after, though.

#25 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I think it was a few months. Can't quite remember though.

#26 Posted by Jothel (926 posts) -

had my name on the pre-registration e-mail list so... as soon as it launched i guess

#27 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

Couple of months.

#28 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

A year. I usually don't care for accounts.

#29 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

probly a year

#30 Posted by OldGuy (1558 posts) -

As soon as you could make an account, I made it.

#31 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Months.

#32 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (251 posts) -

I started coming to the site when they started doing the Persona 4 Endurance Run, but I didn't register because I rarely use the boards. I only registered once they started the quest system because I was curious about it.

#33 Posted by OtakuGamer (1238 posts) -

Maybe a week after launch. Its been awhile.

#34 Posted by SaNdMuNkEy (38 posts) -

I've been lurking about 6 months, finally made the plunge a few days ago..

#35 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1115 posts) -

Moments after getting banned from GameTrailers.

#36 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

A few months.  I wasn't really interested until another forum I used to be on died down DRASTICALLY. I mean, the forum was basically killed.

Came here, been happy since.

#37 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

One or two quicklooks.

#38 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

It started with my brother showing me the Persona endurance run.  When I finished it I didn't really visit the site for a while, but a couple months later I started to be a regular visitor.

#39 Edited by PenguinDust (12523 posts) -

I registered in December of '08, so whenever the site went live until then.  Honestly, I don't think I visited the site more than a handful of times before that, but I was a weekly listener to the podcast since it first began. 

Hmm, you know I think I quit WOW at the end of November in the same year, so with all that free time on my hands, I guess I decided to spend them here.
#40 Posted by Sweep (8866 posts) -

Day one, baby!

#41 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5268 posts) -

3-4 months.

#42 Posted by James_ex_machina (905 posts) -

I listened to the bombcast for a couple of months then started visiting the site. I thought the quest on the front page seemed interesting so I joined. The Lincoln Force shirt forced me to become a member. Lousy pun intended.

Now I site around watching videos on here all the time. It's becoming my #1 site overall.
#43 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

I've been here since pre-DAY ONE (follower through Game$pot).

#44 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I have no idea; I have no idea when I started reading, either. Though, I'm sure it's been a while.

People put a lot of importance on having 'been around since this place was just a blog, man.'
#45 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Dave created mine a few days before the site launched.  =P

#46 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I made one as soon as I found it.

#47 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

About 3 minutes. As soon as I heard the site launched, I signed up. Though, it was always my secondary site until early 2009, when I (finally) got fed up with Gamespot. Best decision I've ever made.

#48 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

About an hour after launch, only because the site was really slow during launch. 

#49 Posted by Turambar (6786 posts) -

Someone on gamefaqs made a thread on the endurance run.  Clicked it, felt the need to make a comment, and made an account on the same day.

#50 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Day 1. I also had an account under the same name back when GiantBomb was in word press format. Those were the days...