How many of imdb's top 250 movies have you seen?

• 107 results
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By inkeiren

For the record, Night of the Hunter is the most "modern" old movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That list is disappointing. I take it it's ranked by fan votes rather than critics.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Around 40.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MikkaQ
@JJWeatherman: 

Funny you ask, because I actually did do that once. I mean it wasn't the purpose of the list, but I'd consider every film on there better. Too the harddrive with it broke 6 months ago =(

It's a "kick ass series" to be sure, as much as I like any action movie, but... not really as "interesting" artistically as things like The Bicycle Thief, Play Time, Koyaanisqatsi or some shit.
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Capum15

12 Angry Men was pretty good, though the remake with the dude who played Gil "fucking" Grissom was also good (though he was a wuss in this).

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Jimbo

87, but I wouldn't call all of those good let alone great.  Shawshank at #1?  GTFO.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Djeffers03

52, im not good with the old ones.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Ravenousrattler

i saw 106 of those, and i don't wanna see most the other ones

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By callumbay

I just counted, 120.... Some of those don't deserve to be on there in my opinion though. :p

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By SBYM

Around 70 or so.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By Hamst3r

I've seen enough of them.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#62  Edited By JJWeatherman
@XII_Sniper said:
" @JJWeatherman:   Funny you ask, because I actually did do that once. I mean it wasn't the purpose of the list, but I'd consider every film on there better. Too the harddrive with it broke 6 months ago =(  It's a "kick ass series" to be sure, as much as I like any action movie, but... not really as "interesting" artistically as things like The Bicycle Thief, Play Time, Koyaanisqatsi or some shit. "
Oh you're one of "those" people.   :P 

I watch movies for fun.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HandsomeDead
@JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" @JJWeatherman:   Funny you ask, because I actually did do that once. I mean it wasn't the purpose of the list, but I'd consider every film on there better. Too the harddrive with it broke 6 months ago =(  It's a "kick ass series" to be sure, as much as I like any action movie, but... not really as "interesting" artistically as things like The Bicycle Thief, Play Time, Koyaanisqatsi or some shit. "
Oh you're one of "those" people.   :P  I watch movies for fun. "
So why watch LotR when you could walk in a forest for 9 hours and get a more enjoyable experience?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#64  Edited By JJWeatherman
@HandsomeDead said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
So why watch LotR when you could walk in a forest for 9 hours and get a more enjoyable experience? "
Simple, my nearest forest is a mile away. My nearest Blu-Ray player is about a foot away. 

Hater.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HandsomeDead
@JJWeatherman said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
So why watch LotR when you could walk in a forest for 9 hours and get a more enjoyable experience? "
Simple, my nearest forest is a mile away. My nearest Blu-Ray player is about a foot away.  Hater. "
How much worse do the dated special effects look in 1080p?
lovecreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lovecreep

156... that is kind of sad
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By gearhead

I'm gonna say it: Raiders of the Lost Arc is better than the original Star Wars; although I'm not sure it's better than Empire.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By penguindust

Rather than count up the ones I did see, I just subtracted the ones I didn't.  

I've seen 224 of them. 

I'm older than most of the members so I've had more time to see more films and I am a fan of old movies to begin with.  If you've ever seen any of my answers regarding best/favorite movies, almost all of them are more than 40 years old.  I haven't seen a lot of the European foreign language movies.  I was never a big fan of Fellini although I respect his contributions to film.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Hitchenson

Number #1 pleases me greatly. It's now 1:00am and I've got college in the morning? Eh, I can get me some Shawshank and have a late night.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MikkaQ
@JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
 Hmm not so, considering a lot of my favorite movies are also mostly movies I'd consider fairly bad by the actual standards I've learned in school. I mean... John Woo films are shite, but I don't think I've been more excited by a film than Face/Off, or Hardboiled. Except Crank 1 and 2.  It's just that I don't think they belong on a list of top films of all time.
FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By FlyingRat

I have seen exactly 50. Yay for me!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HandsomeDead
@XII_Sniper said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
 Hmm not so, considering a lot of my favorite movies are also mostly movies I'd consider fairly bad by the actual standards I've learned in school. I mean... John Woo films are shite, but I don't think I've been more excited by a film than Face/Off, or Hardboiled. Except Crank 1 and 2.  It's just that I don't think they belong on a list of top films of all time. "
'John Woo films are shite'? Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow and its sequel, The Killer, Face/Off, Red Cliff, Bullet in the Head are all great. You just have to forgive his American films that were interfered with.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By LiquidPrince
@HandsomeDead:  Pirates of the Caribbean was amazing... Anyways, I've only seen 54 of them.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By GunstarRed

141,  There is a ton of junk on that list.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By HandsomeDead
@LiquidPrince: You're kidding, right? It's OK at worst and terrible at best.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LiquidPrince
@HandsomeDead: See, this is what happens when you ask a dead man their opinion.
TheMeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheMeat

97 for me.  Kind of an interesting list.  It was a good mix of popular and critically acclaimed movies. 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#78  Edited By Rhaknar

81, im surprised its that low. I own about double that tho, for whatever reason havent seen them. and the list is terrible of course

MrDorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MrDorkins

35, pretty happy with that considering I was born in 1996.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By sopranosfan

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MikkaQ
@HandsomeDead said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
 Hmm not so, considering a lot of my favorite movies are also mostly movies I'd consider fairly bad by the actual standards I've learned in school. I mean... John Woo films are shite, but I don't think I've been more excited by a film than Face/Off, or Hardboiled. Except Crank 1 and 2.  It's just that I don't think they belong on a list of top films of all time. "
'John Woo films are shite'? Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow and its sequel, The Killer, Face/Off, Red Cliff, Bullet in the Head are all great. You just have to forgive his American films that were interfered with. "
 Well come on, dude. I've seen them all like 100 times over, and they're among the most awesome exciting action movies ever made, but as actual like film films? Silly melodrama, bad acting, overuse of slow-mo (before it was a fad, and I'll give him that), and chintzy tunes (though a better tomorrow's theme is just... totally gangsta) are rampant in his movies.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HandsomeDead
@XII_Sniper said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
'John Woo films are shite'? Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow and its sequel, The Killer, Face/Off, Red Cliff, Bullet in the Head are all great. You just have to forgive his American films that were interfered with. "
 Well come on, dude. I've seen them all like 100 times over, and they're among the most awesome exciting action movies ever made, but as actual like film films? Silly melodrama, bad acting, overuse of slow-mo (before it was a fad, and I'll give him that), and chintzy tunes (though a better tomorrow's theme is just... totally gangsta) are rampant in his movies. "
I don't know what's silly about the melodrama, the acting is never bad besides maybe Face/Off where it fits perfectly with the tone, the slow-mo is fine and so is the music. If you're entertained by them, they're good movies and Woo's films have so much symbolism and thematic work in them that it's hard to think of them as being bad. Each film in his loose trilogy of films Chow Yun Fat is heartbreaking.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83  Edited By Karmum

35. More than I thought.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By iam3green

i counted 35 of them.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By jakob187

I made it to number 50 saying "yep" to every one of the top 50.  I'm sure the rest of it will result in the same. 

My brother used to work at Blockbuster for three years.  He was able to get two free rentals A NIGHT.  I've got a lot of flicks stored in this brain of mine. 

Personally, I find it AMAZING that The Shawshank Redemption is above THE GODFATHER PART 2!!!  Quite interesting.  Both are amazing movies too.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Coombs

Those seem like some pretty random picks.....

I've seen 89 of them btw

Clouise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Clouise

I counted 93, most of my fave films on there too.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Karl_Boss

Not too many....I'm not really into movies.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By chrissedoff
@Briguile said:
" @chrissedoff: I guess I was distracted by some of the power of the visuals in that movie to really care what it was about. But you do have a point about it. "
yes, oldboy is very well photographed, i will give it that.
JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#90  Edited By JB16

59, weird I thought I'd have a higher number.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ArchScabby

101 for me.

jshmazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jshmazzle

130. It's always interesting to see how the list changes, and what current movies show up that probably won't be there in a year or two.

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jeffery

CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

47 :)

Popo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Popo

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By solidlife

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#97  Edited By Snail

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By thegoldencat7

I actually counted; 111. Though I discounted the list as soon as I saw The Prestige in the top 100.
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#99  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

27, man that's bad, there's a bunch of movies on there I really should watch.
Even without seeing them I know half of that list is garbage though, why is how to train your dragon on there? I've heard that's shit.
Glad to see Terminator 1 and 2 on there though :)

Meh, once Screened is launched I'll make some lists of movies to watch, I'm sure my best friend can help out with that, she's seen more than me ^^

Also... where the fuck was Titanic on that list?...

CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CharkeeFarlee
@Newten:  I own your ass when it comes to movies :3