I don't own an MP3 portable device, Are you the same as me?

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Red12b
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I don't have one at all. Closest thing I have is my PSP but I don't want to lug that brick around with me. Even if it was designed for portable use.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Red12b

As above, I don't own one, no Ipod,, No mobile that plays Music, nada, I used to own a Walkman, then the laser broke and I didn't replace it,  
I never bought one, I still own the same phone I got for my 15th birthday, (7 years ago) All it does is text and receive and dial phone calls,  
I never received one as a gift, and I never asked for one.  

And I am finally thinking of looking for one, I remember a sony one a few years ago that when you go for a run it rates your heartbeat or something and it chooses songs that either has a faster tempo or a slower tempo that goes with your heartbeat, is that still around? I forgot the name of it, Can someone help me out with that?  
Cheers.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

I have a Sansa that doubles as an MP3 player / 8 gigs of portable storage.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Astras

I sort of like music.. i'm one of the weird people that knows alot about music but not really bothered about listening to it.

My playlist on my PC is the most random list ever made.. with mainly gaming tracks(Goldenaxe, FF7 etc) and classical with some Red hot chilles, dr dre, Rage against and chill out tracks :P

When i've got work to do on the PC i will put it on.. but other than that I dont bother.. and my life feels mostly complete without music on the go.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Organicalistic_

I own a zune hd man

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By armaan8014

I used to, but now I use my phone for that purpose

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hot_Karl

You so crazy Red. 

I honestly can't imagine a time where I don't have my iPod on me. I love music way too much to be far away from my songs for too long.

JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JasonDaPsycho
@Red12b said:
" As above, I don't own one, no Ipod,, No mobile that plays Music, nada, I used to own a Walkman, then the laser broke and I didn't replace it,  I never bought one, I still own the same phone I got for my 15th birthday, (7 years ago) All it does is text and receive and dial phone calls,  I never received one as a gift, and I never asked for one.   And I am finally thinking of looking for one, I remember a sony one a few years ago that when you go for a run it rates your heartbeat or something and it chooses songs that either has a faster tempo or a slower tempo that goes with your heartbeat, is that still around? I forgot the name of it, Can someone help me out with that?  Cheers. "
iPod touch.
They have this Nike thingy which (supposedly) does the things you mentioned.
But so far, it doesn't work for me.

As for the songs, you'll have to set the playlist yourself.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AlwaysAngry

I have an iPod touch. Before that, an iPod nano. 

Get with the times.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Red12b
@Astras:  
Oh, don't get me wrong, Music is my life also, I made a poll a few months back which asked, Music, Sex, Movies or Games which would you have only for the rest of your life and chose Music,  
And I still would go Celibate for Music if I had too,  
I just never had the urge to buy an Ipod, I have borrowed one from a friend, and they are neat, but I was never bothered without it.
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomethingClever

I used to use a little RCA flash drive looking MP3 player when I would hit the trails on my bike (bicycle that is).  Then I got a job doing glorified data entry and ended up getting a good deal on an older 30 gig Zune.  I use that all the time now because when I got a new (to me) car it only had a tape deck in it.  One crappy tape conversion kit later and my Zune is now my device for my car and for work. 

If you count my cell phone and my Kindle there are two more devices I have that can and do play MP3s.  Man, I didn't realize I was that covered for portable music.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Red you gotta get something duder!! ^_^

Music is something that i think everyone should be able to take with them.

I have gone through so many  MP3 players over the last few years, and the good old Sony CD Walkman for years before that. I actually miss hauling a big CD player around with me. I now have an iPod Touch 64gig. But it'll never have the same sound as the old CD Walkman.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red12b
@JasonDaPsycho said:
" @Red12b said:
" As above, I don't own one, no Ipod,, No mobile that plays Music, nada, I used to own a Walkman, then the laser broke and I didn't replace it,  I never bought one, I still own the same phone I got for my 15th birthday, (7 years ago) All it does is text and receive and dial phone calls,  I never received one as a gift, and I never asked for one.   And I am finally thinking of looking for one, I remember a sony one a few years ago that when you go for a run it rates your heartbeat or something and it chooses songs that either has a faster tempo or a slower tempo that goes with your heartbeat, is that still around? I forgot the name of it, Can someone help me out with that?  Cheers. "
iPod touch. They have this Nike thingy which (supposedly) does the things you mentioned. But so far, it doesn't work for me.  As for the songs, you'll have to set the playlist yourself. "
I'm sure it was SONY, Some sort of "walkman" with that Nike thing, Some sort of pace setter or something, I'll look up that touch though, I think the SONY thing hooked up to your upper arm with a strap, I dunno. 
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo

Just say MP3, who the fuck says MP3 device...

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

I have an almost 4 year old iPod video, but I haven't used it in a while.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Red12b
@Vinchenzo said:
" Just say MP3, who the fuck says MP3 device... "
I should have said MP3 player, I dunno, I just got back from work, it's 3 am give me a break :)
JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JasonDaPsycho
@Red12b said:

" @JasonDaPsycho said:

" @Red12b said:
iPod touch. They have this Nike thingy which (supposedly) does the things you mentioned. But so far, it doesn't work for me.  As for the songs, you'll have to set the playlist yourself. "
I'm sure it was SONY, Some sort of "walkman" with that Nike thing, Some sort of pace setter or something, I'll look up that touch though, I think the SONY thing hooked up to your upper arm with a strap, I dunno.  "
Nope.
The app or whatsoever is Nike + iPod.
 http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Red12b

Holy Crap, I didn't expect that many people to not have one, it's quite surprising, what with all these new phones and Ipods coming out lately that do everything in one little unit, 

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#20  Edited By Vinchenzo

Oh yeah, and I have a Zune. It's great.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainObvious

I don't have one. Everyone and their mother around me listens to music using their cellphones. 

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have one and more often than not i am using it (including sleeping)

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Burns098356GX

I have an ipod touch, which I hate. I could have easily got away with a regular ipod. Fuck what a waste.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By KaosAngel

....I have many songs that I listen to, so I need MP3.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Alexander

I use MiniDisc.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Red12b
@KaosAngel:  
I listen to MP3's when Winamp first came out and Napster was the rage, with my 56k dial up I was all up in that shit staying up until the early hours of the morning, but I never saw the need to go portable, In fact apart from my phone and watch I don't think I ever had any electric portable thing, No gameboy, nothing,  
I do have USB storage devices though, 
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Skald

32 GB iPod touch. Might be the single best investment I've made all year.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jasonofindy

While the Ipod Touch may now have that ability using a Nike app, Red12b is correct that there was a Sony player (or series of players) that had that ability and advertised it heavily on TV when sony was transitioning from disc-based (cd & minidisc) players to flash memory players.  The one true advantage that a flash based player had back then was that you could jostle/bump it while it was playing without skipping or damage and it could be small enough to strap to your arm.   CD based mp3 players (where you burned a cd full of mp3 files) were both cheaper and had a higher capacity at the time due to the then higher cost of flash memory but would skip when running.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Red12b
@Jasonofindy:  
You wouldn't have the name of it would you? Sounds perfect for me, I run every second day and I am really starting to get bored, I try to listen to the music that plays in your head, but it ain't the same, That player sound pretty damn good to me, and it would be cheap as anything now wouldn't it? 
TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TehBuLL

wtf cavemen?  you put it on your phone and listen too it..  I've been blasting mp3's since 32mb days when it'd hold 12 songs and that was badass.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By nukesniper

I have a Zune and an iPhone. So I've got all sorts of music on or near me at almost all times.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jasonofindy
@Red12b:  It is their sports series.  "Music Pacer" is what they now call the tempo program.  Here is a more recent (and expensive) version I found quickly on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NW-S205F-Sports-Digital-Armband/dp/tech-data/B000GIQR12/ref=de_a_smtd  It has Music Pacer, a calorie counter and a pedometer.   However, I'm pretty sure they made older 256 MB and 512 MB players with this feature in the early 00's if you want to find something used and on the cheap.  I seem to remember the commercials from some time between 01-04.  Sorry I can't remember exactly, I just remember we lived in our current house but didn't yet have kids.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By MysteriousBob

I only use my mobile phone as a music player. But then again, I never listen to music.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Taborlin

I'm 15...and most of my friends find it weird I don't have a phone or MP3 or whatever. I had a phone once but didn't bother with it. I love music and all that, but I don't really need it when I'm out and about. 
I don't plan on getting one for a while, I'll have to get a mobile soon though, but I feel like a sheep when I do things like that. :/ 
I doubt you could hear Elbow or The National in school and stuff anyway. :D

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Red12b
@Jasonofindy:  
You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you very much. 
Rigor_Mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rigor_Mortis

I listen to podcasts and recently audiobooks pretty much all the time that im travelling or cooking. 

Only really use it for music occasionally any more.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fwylo

I have a few, but don't use them unless I'm on a trip somewhere.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Gmanall

I have a iPod Touch now I almost always have a podcast running in my head. 

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I've a Zune HD. I like music too much to not have an MP3 player. Before this, however, I had one of these monstrosities.

DJbruce92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DJbruce92

I got a 16GB iPod Nano at Christmas and before that a 512MB iriver lol.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#41  Edited By gla55jAw

I've got a 30GB iPod video. I got it 4 years ago? I couldn't see myself without an MP3 and probably more so an iPod.