I just went to a political board for an hour... ugh...

• 70 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

Someone... please. Give me hope... scientific discoveries. Common good happening in the world. The world getting better... any of that... please... my brain currently hurts and yearns for something not stupid right now!

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By bushpusherr
myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By myniceicelife

the only "real" political news i see anymore is on yahoo and that's bad enough. going on a forum about it would just finish off any faith i have left in humanity. although i do enjoy that the Curiosity is landing soon on Mars and NASA is funding private space companies now, so maybe one day we can send all the idiots into space.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Did they do nothing but make ridiculously ignorant, hyperbole-riddled blanket statements about everything?

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I'm sorry, but I found out the most devastating thing today.

Blueberry muffins don't actually have blueberries in them. Unless you made them yourself, every single blueberry you have ever eaten contained purple plastic goo that tried its hardest to mimic blueberry goodness. This includes blueberry cereal, muffin, cake, trail mix, snack packs, frozen.... All those are fake blueberries. All of them. Chances are you have had less than one single blueberry this year and the year before that and the year before that.

I'm not joking or trying to sound funny. This really upsets me because I love blueberries. I probably haven't even tried a real blueberry in my entire life and that makes me sick. I fucking hate humanity.... I hate it so much.

LD50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LD50

My blueberry waffles don't have blueberries in them? What the fuck?

That's some real shit.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By laserbolts

This blueberry talk worries me.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

I went to a Jay444111 thread for five minutes... ugh...

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Petiew
@NlGHTCRAWLER: W-what?
Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Draugen

Everything I know is a lie. A lie!

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jrad

Blueberries are pretty terrible anyway. The synthetic ones are probably better. I just can't stand the texture of real blueberries. Raspberries, on the other hand, are delicious.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@zombiebigfoot said:

I know right? I'm all for crazy banter but this...
Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aronleon

Yes the sad true is most blueberries on anything are not real blueberries, also I think we made the opposite of what @Jay444111 wanted, sorry duder but berries are serious stuff.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TruthTellah

@Jay444111: You are complaining about people saying ridiculous and distressing things on a forum? Must have been pretty bad. heh.

Why'd you go to a political board? You don't get enough politics around here?

As far as your request, though, the Curiosity landing on Mars is gonna be fantastic, and its research over the next two years will show compelling evidence either for or against there having been life on Mars at one point. Very cool. :)

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Elazul

I'd also like to see something inspiring and uplifting to help counter the intense feelings of unease and hopelessness I get from reading most of Jay's other threads.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mandude

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Blueberry muffins don't actually have blueberries in them. Unless you made them yourself, every single blueberry you have ever eaten contained purple plastic goo that tried its hardest to mimic blueberry goodness. This includes blueberry cereal, muffin, cake, trail mix, snack packs, frozen.... All those are fake blueberries. All of them. Chances are you have had less than one single blueberry this year and the year before that and the year before that.

I'm not joking or trying to sound funny. This really upsets me because I love blueberries. I probably haven't even tried a real blueberry in my entire life and that makes me sick. I fucking hate humanity.... I hate it so much.

Speak for yourself. I only eat the real thing. <3

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By minotaka

MSN news is where it's at XD

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sjupp

@zombiebigfoot said:

Spot on.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Did they do nothing but make ridiculously ignorant, hyperbole-riddled blanket statements?

Shit, you had me excited before "Statements." For a second it sounded like a quilt more amazing than I could possibly imagine.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Harkat

I live in an area where I can wander into the forest and feast on blueberries anytime, so I'm good in that respect.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By musubi

@Jay444111: Why do you hate yourself so much? Don't go to political forums.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Phatmac

ugh… why'd I have to click this thread..? ugh…

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheHumanDove

Classic Jay

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kindgineer

I'm guessing that everyone had an opinion different than you, because you would have come onto this forum and said "OH YEAH GO HERE" if it went well.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By imsh_pl

I actually ate a whole bowl of blueberries the other day. I fucking love blueberries.

Also: politics are fucking garbage, they're all about charisma and cheap appeals to the public instead of any logical reasoning or evidence. I'll stick to philosophy, thank you.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cloudenvy
I don't know Jay. I don't know.
I don't know Jay. I don't know.
Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I take issue with you classifying yourself as a blueberry lover yet never eating actual blueberries. 
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Because of not paying attention, I thought it said "political beard" at first. I am disappointed.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FourWude

@imsh_pl said:

I actually ate a whole bowl of blueberries the other day. I fucking love blueberries.

Also: politics are fucking garbage, they're all about charisma and cheap appeals to the public instead of any logical reasoning or evidence. I'll stick to philosophy, thank you.

You hate America.

wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wordfalling

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Come to Maine. We have more wild blueberries this year than we know what to do with.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I take issue with you classifying yourself as a blueberry lover yet never eating actual blueberries.

You're 100% right.

I love.... artificial blueberry flakes and I hate myself for it.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ltsmash

Quick! Baby Iron Man!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By Justin258

@imsh_pl said:

Yep, that pretty much sums up my opinion on politics. They're chock full of shit.

Also, I hate to say it, but there are probably people far more ridiculous than Jay on political boards.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Did they do nothing but make ridiculously ignorant, hyperbole-riddled blanket statements about everything?

If they matched the levels of Jay himself, I can only imagine it would collapse the universe back into a single point, resetting all of existence.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By _Zombie_

@FourWude said:

@imsh_pl said:

You hate America.

'Murca.

@MooseyMcMan said:

Because of not paying attention, I thought it said "political beard" at first. I am disappointed.

My beard is very political. It's annoying, really.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

@LTSmash said:

Quick! Baby Iron Man!

You're a monster.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#37  Edited By c_rakestraw

@MooseyMcMan said:

Same. Huge missed opportunity.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Go on Stormfront. It'll make everything better.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@FluxWaveZ said:

Go on Stormfront. It'll make everything better.

Between this and the blueberry thing I'm gonna be on suicide watch for the next week.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By Dagbiker

To summarize: it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.

- Douglas Adams, The Restraint at the End of the Universe.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By killacam

@mandude said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Speak for yourself. I only eat the real thing. <3

I've got a small basket full of plump, juicy organic blueberries in my fridge right now! they're huge, the size of a small moon!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42  Edited By JasonR86

@Jay444111:

Why did you spend an hour there? Why did you make this thread to tell us about it? What are you actually asking? Is this an attention-whore thing?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By DoctorWelch

Why would you subject yourself to such idiocy.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#44  Edited By jacksukeru

I've eaten so many real blueberries and so many homemade things with real blueberries in them that eating fake ones once in a while doesn't bother me at all.

bvilleneuve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By bvilleneuve

@wordfalling said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: Come to Maine. We have more wild blueberries this year than we know what to do with.

I hiked Tumbledown last week and ate wild blueberries near the peak.

I fucking love this state so much.

wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wordfalling

@bvilleneuve: Tumbledown is great, I haven't hiked it in years. Did you take the trail with Fat Man's Misery? What a workout that one is. And yep, I've visited 38 states and have been across the Atlantic and Pacific but nothing beats Maine. Hopefully you soaked your feet at Coos canyon afterwards!

bvilleneuve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47  Edited By bvilleneuve

@wordfalling: Yeah, I was there with my girlfriend and we always go the way with Fat Man's Misery, because we prefer to do loop trails and neither of us particularly likes the idea of descending the way that ends in that particular feature. It's intense toward the top, but you really can't beat the feeling you get when you emerge at the top and you can see everything around you.

wordfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By wordfalling

@bvilleneuve: The views from the peak(s) can't be beat, especially compared to nearby Mt. Blue. The last time I went I took the Brook trail back down, it was lovely and the water tasted great but the walk back to my car wasn't much fun. Have you hiked Boundary Bald Mountain near Jackman? The drive there, the hike itself and the view from the top are magnificent.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Lunar_Aura

no joking but when I found out about that blueberry thing months ago that was the tipping point for my complete loss of faith in humanity

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dixego