I read a letter that someone sent to Game Informer

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So I read this letter that someone sent to Game Informer. He was anonymous. Anyways, I'm going to type it to it's entirety and see what you guys think.

"I always thought your magazine showed some bias in favor of the Xbox 360. Now, after reading Andy's letter in issue 195, I have realized that your editor is also a weasel. What a terrible misrepresentation of the facts. When he mentioned "amazing games" for the 360, he must have been referring solely to the first Gears of War. "Impressive technology" must have also been a reference to the same game. I would like another example of an amazing or impressive technological achievement on this outdated console. As for Sony's Home being a joke, it seems to me that the users and developers love it. Also, It's free! You can't even give one example of how the PS3's software is a mess, and the assertion that you have to update the system too is often wrong. You would think something more than a vague reference would be in order, but then again, everything Andy conveyed in his little diatribe was unfounded garbage. I can handle a little bias, but Andy McNamara simply lied.

Ok so first of all the answer that the editor gave this guy was pretty funny. As much as I like my PS3 I just hate seeing these guys come out.

I read this letter that Andy McNamara wrote and this guy isn't bias. He talked crap on all three consoles. The way I feel, as long as he's talking crap on all consoles then I'm good. And c'mon people I can understand if Game Informer or GiantBomb is being payed by Microsoft or Sony to talk crap on the other console but they're not. It's mainly personal opinions.

Any opinions or comments?

Oh yeah speaking of Bias. Fuck bologna and chesse. I'll eat some peanut butter and jelly any day.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

PS3 Home is a joke, and that's coming from someone who greatly prefers the PS3. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
@drac96 said:
" PS3 Home is a joke, and that's coming from someone who greatly prefers the PS3.  "
OMG, I was called a "3shitty" fanboy for saying this and I don't even have a 360 in Japan.  I just got a PS3 and even I think Home is shit.  I'm so glad someone else agrees with me.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria

What was the editor's answer? I'm more curious of that.

Anyways, Bologna can go fuck itself, worst thing ever made in human history!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By artofwar420

I'll say that incorrectly, I believed that maybe the ratio of editors (all sites) who use the PS3 mainly was more even than the general population, but I've seen different. The great majority of editors use the Xbox360 as their main console. That's what I have to say, it is how it is. I wouldn't say it's a bias towards the Xbox, it's just that's what they have. Who knows maybe it'll even out later in the life of the consoles, or it maybe never.

But I've learned to gloss over what might seem like a bias, when it really is a symptom of what is the most prolific console at the moment.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

dude fanboys have no logic.  He probably didn't even see the part's of the letter where Andy bashed 360 or Wii, and if I remember correctly didn't Andy praise them all too?  He just focused on the PS3 bashing, his fanboy brain couldn't even process anything else in the letter.  It was probably like random letters to him. ldfjlkod kdfjdoij lkieoijd oidjfld (something like that)

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

I think that GI is a little bias as well.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ArchScabby
@animateria said:
" What was the editor's answer? I'm more curious of that.Anyways, Bologna can go fuck itself, worst thing ever made in human history! "
dude, if you diss bologna again  I'll fucking rape your dog.  Don't mess with My bologna!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this guy here.
TREY 4 LIFE!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

I love reading those letters because a lot of them come from idiots. Whenever they give a game a 10/10, people write in and say they are never reading the magazine again. Morons

SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SaucySala
@ch13696 said:
"Fuck bologna and chesse. I'll eat some peanut butter and jelly any day. "
I agree with this. PB&J ALL DAY!

But also, I hate biased idiots calling other people biased idiots.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
TREY 4 LI4E
CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CSXLoser

werent people going apeshit when they gave Killzone 2 an 8.75 lol

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By ryanwho

I cannot BELIEVE the bologna hate speech happening in this thread.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
@Bucketdeth said:
" I love this guy here.
TREY 4 LIFE!

"
The first time I saw this I was in tears laughing when he lost the magazine.
Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jesus

I started to read ... then fell asleep for 5 minutes ... then woke up and wrote this

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ch13696
@JJOR64 said:
" I think that GI is a little bias as well. "
Are you talking the editors or the magazine in general. Because I'm sure the editors love the 360 more than the PS3, however GI along with all other gaming journalists have set guidelines when rating a game. And they post it in their magazine before the reviews. So, yeah, the journalists could  be bias (not saying they are) but not GI in general.

And for some reason this video keeps popping up. (?????)