#51  Edited By ArtisanBreads
Loading Video...

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I like his verse in What's The Difference. And his early rap battle and radio show stuff.

Loading Video...

What's the Difference is so good

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By ajamafalous

I like everything up to and including The Eminem Show, but pretty much everything after that has been garbage.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've stopped listening to Eminem since Encore (I liked everything from there on down) have I missed anything worth listening to?

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

No one will blame you for liking his stuff it's just that the last time I have really liked his music was almost 10 years ago. Plus naming this album after the best one he did may not end too well.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Nictel

@coolarman: You still like music that is over a week old?! LOL

It says that you're a person with a taste for certain music?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@coolarman: Well, I just found out that his new album is indeed called "The Marshall Mathers EP 2." It seems that you can get the album deluxe-edition cheaper if you buy CoD: Ghosts at GameStop. And they both come out November 5th. Just saying. I dunno, its whatevs.

Anyway, in the meantime, you should maybe try some Yelawolf. He sort of became Em's protege, and I'm hoping he at least has a feature or two on the new Eminem album.

Loading Video...

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm still down with Em

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Em doesn't have an identity since 8 Mile. Have not like his music since the soundtrack to that movie. Berserk sounds like the biggest trash track I have listened for many years.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@blu3v3nom07: It's not quite the XboxOne/Call of Duty: Ghosts/Enimem combo pack, but there's still time.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@theveej said:

Em doesn't have an identity since 8 Mile. Have not like his music since the soundtrack to that movie. Berserk sounds like the biggest trash track I have listened for many years.

I wouldn't call it trash, but it definitely isn't very good.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His new song is growing on me, though the music video was just a tad weird if you ask me. It's a nice mix of old slim with new slim.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanilla Ice is still king of all white rappers. Ice ice baby..............................................................

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Em, is still pretty decent his shit got pretty terrible for awhile when he was strung out on drugs and had all that dumb drama with Mariah and shit but every since Recovery he's been doing some cool shit.

Love this song off of Recovery still:

Loading Video...

I just like the idea that, "Dick's is too short of a word for my dick."

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There's a hook on the Bad Meets Evil EP that goes: "Marshall you ain't really like that, oooooooh, you're puttin' on a show where's ya mic at? 'Cause you're breakin' my heart....."

When I heard that stupid Call of Duty song I figured that it would end up as a bonus track on the album and surely wouldn't actually be included in the "actual" album. I've always seen bonus tracks as a gimmick and never considered them a part of what the artist intended the album to be. They're the new version of b-sides, essentially. I get it: a major video game publisher offers you an assload of money to make a dumb song for their dumb game and you accept. I'd have done the same shit in Em's shoes. But then he goes and includes it in the actual track list. Not only that, but he goes and makes a fucking video for it.

Loading Video...

The hook isn't even that bad in this song, but the verses are incredibly bland. While Recovery didn't have the memorable songwriting his older albums had, the verses at least included dense wordplay that required multiple listens to fully appreciate. The Bad Meets Evil EP was even better since he was rhyming alongside Royce and had to be on his toes at all times. I was a Stan to begin with, and I thought his next solo LP would be a fully triumphant return to form. But Berzerk and "The Fucking Call of Duty Song" leave him 0 for 2. He doesn't have the rhyme intricacy of the first Marshall Mathers LP, let alone the wordplay, and is just fumbling through every song making shitty puns and stressing the fact that he's sober now. He's run out of things to talk about, it happens to every artist and even Eminem isn't immune to this. But to make your next album the sequel to (what I think is) the greatest rap album ever recorded just screams "mid-life crisis" to me.

The first Marshall Mathers LP was the album that converted me from a metalhead to a hip-hop head. It was the album that shook me out of the ignorant "Rap is all 'MONEY MONEY BITCHES MONEY CODEINE WEED MOLLIES MONEY NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA" mindset that far too many find themselves in today. I wanna like this album, I wanna see Em return to his former glory, but this following Recovery seems like him falling into the typical "One step forward, two steps back..." cliche like so many before him (COUGH, LIL WAYNE, COUGH).

No Caption Provided

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight music still has one of my Fav verses from him.

He stumbled hard on Encore but Recovery was a return to form.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#68 fisk0  Moderator

I recently dug up The Marshall Mathers LP remembering I thought it was pretty neat back in the day, but upon reexamination I didn't find it all that great. Not shitty or anything, just not particularly interesting.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have liked a song or two off his last few albums, but I generally haven't loved any of this stuff since The Eminem Show. For some reason, that first D12 album is the thing I've been going back to lately.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't call your next album the Marshall Mathers LP 2 unless you're bring the fucking heat. And so far I'm just not seeing it :(

Kolonel_Kool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't read any of the responses, but I like Eminem too!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bigjeffrey

You don't call your next album the Marshall Mathers LP 2 unless you're bring the fucking heat. And so far I'm just not seeing it :(

i know, he's bringing CALL OF DUTY not gansta shit.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I don't like the two tracks that he's released off Marshal Mathers LP 2 so far. Berzerk has that Loudness Wars Rick Rubin bullshit issue that's plagued his studio for a while, and Survival is a bland, cash-in ridiculous song. Recovery was okay. I liked few of the songs. Hell: The Sequel was better, but that's because Royce is a killer rapper.

But seriously, two of my biggest problems with Eminem: Bullshit choruses, and Loudness Wars issues. The bullshit chorus issue even plagued Slaughterhouse's album that has some fantastic rap, but man, it's unlistenable because of those choruses.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got really fucking shitty with the album that had Without Me on it. By Encore he was irredeemable, and then he disappeared for years while I grew up. Totally intolerable now.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

That tracklist looks horrible.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole tracklist for MMLP 2 disturbs me greatly, except for the Kendrick appearance. Also, a song called Asshole that just happens to feature Skylar Grey is pretty comical considering her prior appearances on "rap" songs.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The whole tracklist for MMLP 2 disturbs me greatly, except for the Kendrick appearance. Also, a song called Asshole that just happens to feature Skylar Grey is pretty comical considering her prior appearances on "rap" songs.

I thought she was good on "I Need a Doctor" and "Our House" but she's being way overused. Kendrick will probably murder him on their track together.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I think Marshall Mathers LP 2 is my next album to buy, almost skipping October. It would of been nice if Yelawolf was on the album, though. Or if he had a deluxe edition out this time, again.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#79  Edited By emfromthesea

@themanwithnoplan said:

I love M&M's.

Crap, beat me to it. Edit: Oh wait, this thread is old. You really beat me to it.

I guess that Without Me song was pretty good.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gah, those track titles... glad that it's not a bunch of sequel songs, though. (not that I'd say no to a Bitch Please III or something... Snoop, Dre and Em on the same track again would be wonderful)

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#81  Edited By ManMadeGod

• Infinite ?
  • The Slim Shady LP
  • The Marshall Mathers LP
  • Devil's Night ?
  • The Eminem Show
  • D12 World(with D12)
  • Encore
  • Relapse ?
  • Recovery ?
  • Hell: The Sequel(with Bad Meets Evil) ?
  • The Marshall Mathers LP 2 [? ✓]

Explain to me how you can cross off Devil's Night and check D12 World. That's heresy.