Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Mo' people, mo' problems.

(Kidding, just making a B.I.G. reference.)

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By turbomonkey138
@dbz1995 said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" @dbz1995 said:
" Maybe we should be allowed a private giantbomb called smallerbomb who is also owned by the people at Giantbomb so that members in Giantbomb can go to Smallerbomb yet the trolls don't know about smallerbomb therefore Giantbomb will mean money unlike smallerbomb whilst smallerbomb will mean good community unlike Giantbomb-however there must be a balance between smallerbomb and Giantbomb because if Giantbomb get too many people then too many trolls will mean lack of people coming, whilst too little people in Smallerbomb equals racism. "
Are you serious ? "
I don't think I was. Is this a hidden bump? "
I was  concerned if you seriously felt that is what would be best for Gb ...hah it also doubled as a bump
No Caption Provided
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By metal_mills
@natetodamax said:
" I do not want Giant Bomb to increase in population. More people = more idiots. "
There are enough idiots on here now that more won't matter.
Noxpectius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Noxpectius

I thought that the more hits the site gets, the more financially viable it is for adds and the like. Since youtube doesnt bring consumers in touch with GiantBomb adds, seems to me not watchings videos on the site decreases its "greatness" compared to other sites.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By PerryVandell
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @wh4tshisface said:
" @natetodamax: More people = more monies for GB. Which means more awesome for everybody in the end. "
Exactly . I for one would love to see GB become bigger than say gamespot . "
But I think the creators of GiantBomb didn't want to make a site that eventually became bigger than gamespot or IGN. They wanted to make their own site with their own rules and do the things they wanted to do. In order to become bigger than gamespot they would have to do ALOT more reviews, previews etc. In order to accomplish this task, they would be forced to hire more people, requiring more ads to bring in the revenue required to run the site, and soon GiantBomb would eventually lose its identity of the site that we know and love. I'm not saying it would be necessarily bad if the site were to expand and add new features, but if it goes to Gamespot size, then the creators of the site, will have a lot more things to manage like manage where the ads go, subscription services etc. I prefer this, where they can make their money with a couple ads and just do the things they love doing. Reviewing games and doing other crazy shit that we love to watch.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#56  Edited By citizenkane
@Fullmetal216:  Exactly.  I do want Giant Bomb to be as successful as possible, but I also don't want them to change anything about who they are right now, which would be required to be among the Gamespots and IGNs of the world.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By FireBurger

As far as community goes, I like the size it is now. There are plenty of people on the boards and editing content, but you can still recognize a lot of people. At the same time, it would be nice for the site to grow because that means more money and recognition for the guys, which in the end, they definitely deserve. Basically, I like the community as is, but I still want to see the site grow for the benefit of the guys and, in the end, the benefit of the content they can provide us, as well.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@turbomonkey138 said:
In fact i NEVER visit IGN's website and instead watch all their videos on youtube . 

But still begs the question why ? well think .   More views on youtube = GB becoming bigger .  "

You answered your own question
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#59  Edited By Trilogy

I'm all for GB making more money ect. but I also like GB the way it is now. I'm not saying they shouldn't get more traffic but there is a reason I don't got to IGN, Gamespot, 1up and the other larger sites. As far as idiots go, if it ever gets too bad I can always ignore the community together and focus in on the content from the GB crew.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By AgentofChaos

If we get more quality moderators in addition to more site traffic then the onslaught of bad users would be nullified.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#61  Edited By sjschmidt93
@natetodamax said:
" I do not want Giant Bomb to increase in population. More people = more idiots. "
True, but also, 

More people = more intelligent people
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By turbomonkey138

I wonder what the actual staff think of this idea ? I'm sure they want the site to grow and make money .

Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Myrmidon

So what you are saying is that in order for Giant Bomb to become more popular, all of the people that already visit reguarly should follow them on youtube as well. Because, like parasites, youtube users multiply when they fester in the same spot for a certain amount of time?

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

No. Keep it on GB.com
Also, that way the guys get advertisement money. I doubt their advertisement partners would be happy about them moving it all to youtube.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MrKlorox

Wow the Dragon Age review got over 20 thousand views. And for some reason the Tony Hawk RIDE unboxing got 14 thousand. The next is like 8 thousand for the FEAR 2 multiplayer and it averages out at around 600 after that.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By Red12b
@turbomonkey138 said:

" I wonder what the actual staff think of this idea ? I'm sure they want the site to grow and make money . "

Considering they allow you to Embed their Vids, and Youtube is just a spotlight, and they use Youtube for their Vids (QOTW) as well, I don't think that they will mind, and if they do, they would be somewhat hypocritical for them to throw a fuss,  

But it is their IP so, it is up to them, you should PM or write on Snide's wall pointing out this thread, 

I've subscribed, I don't know why though, all the Vids are on the site, Sometimes the Site is down or really slow, so it might be good, how is the quality of the Videos?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid. You want to bereave the site of hits so people too lazy to bookmark it can just watch the vids on youtube?

@SJSchmidt93 said:

" @natetodamax said:

True, but also,  More people = more intelligent people "

Bullshit. A certain Mr Croshaw once said:

People are shit.
Whenever I'm in a crowd I think to myself 'Who left this shit all over the place?'
I'm shit, you're shit, the world is shit.
And if you're sitting there thinking 'Yes, it's true! Everyone is shit except me!'
Then you're a double bacon shit with large fries, Mr Shit-face.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By turbomonkey138
@TeflonBilly said:

" This is stupid. You want to bereave the site of hits so people too lazy to bookmark it can just watch the vids on youtube?

@SJSchmidt93 said:

" @natetodamax said:

True, but also,  More people = more intelligent people "

Bullshit. A certain Mr Croshaw once said:

People are shit.
Whenever I'm in a crowd I think to myself 'Who left this shit all over the place?'
I'm shit, you're shit, the world is shit.
And if you're sitting there thinking 'Yes, it's true! Everyone is shit except me!'
Then you're a double bacon shit with large fries, Mr Shit-face.

"
That is not what i said . Lets picture the youtube as a  fishing net . There are millions of people who use youtube everyday at all times of the day . if you can make the youtube side of the site more frequent and larger and the amount of users on here regularly rate there video 5 stars etc more people will be drawn to the site . Now with fishing nets you get a bunch of bad fish ..but also some really good quality fish . 

Now if the MODs  bump up there observation e.g. more MODs etc then the influx of people joining the site would be managed properly . Think if every user on this site subscribed and regularly rated the videos 5 stars then we could easily do this . 

The whole point is to make the videos stand out more in the sea of shit that is youtube not to make people only view the youtube .

@Red12b:

That is a good idea mate . I could do with the staff's viewpoint on this . 

If you guys don't want GB to grow i think you need to take your head out of your ass and think of the future of the site. 
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By turbomonkey138

I'm not going to let this die . I seriously think we need this

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Subscribed, but I hope most of the dumbass comments stay on the YouTube pages.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Origina1Penguin said:
" Subscribed, but I hope most of the dumbass comments stay on the YouTube pages. "
See this is why people need this thread . Otherwise they wont subscribe :/ Good for you bro btw
btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By btman

i subscribed a while ago just to support them.