I'm thinking about skipping my uncle's funeral tommorrow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't know how to say this because I rarely have any feelings towards the dead. My uncle died recently and of course now there is a funeral. I don't feel anything about his death, I myself laugh at the topic tbh, not sure why. However most of my life, when  I was growing up, I notice that all my relatives ignores me. When they are not ignoring me, they are taking cheap shots, sort of like indirectly talking behind your back, however they do that to your face, you know, like snipers. The problem years ago, after being treated like shit by them, they treat everyone like shit. I don't know why, but there is a real bitterness in their family, all my aunts and uncles related to my dads side are not really nice ppl. They are like demonic, none of them has any sort of religion, although that doesn't really matter. The few uncles and aunts that are not blood related seems to be religious. Let's just say, besides my own disfunctional family, this family is worst. I don't know if they were being ignored by my grandfather or maybe he ran off for a while with someone else because half my aunts and uncles are like from another mother.  

My point is i'm tired of them, ever had relatives you just hate visiting because you have no choice? Think of that, yet 100X worst. They respect my brother, he is a social guy, has friends, perfect social skills, a girlfriend, a life, everything anyone could want. He was a ganster, i'm sure if anyone disrespected him, he could have them killed, even though he's legit now, quitting that stuff and really doing well for himself. I was always treated as the outcast. One time I was so ticked off by them, I argued back trying to tell them to get lost, then my aunt said some really mean shit. I decided I never want to see them again, I never been so insulted. I never went back to my family reunion for like so many years now. I never want to see them again, however my uncle is dead and everyone is going to be there. My dad usually has to bribe me to go there, he gives me a ton of cash because he knows i'm not rich. He actually bought me my i7 cpu, that's like $345, I didn't pay for it at all. However that's chump change. No amount of money will make me go back to a funeral.  

What i'm asking you is, am I doing the right thing? It's not about money, it's about sending a message...everything burns. I just can't see them again, I just want to know if i'm doing the right things. Just help me to weight my options and help me rethink this. On one hand, forever the relatives will know I won't put up with their shit anymore, even if they are cremated and dead. This might not hurt these demons because they probally don't have a heart, however they might feel disrespect even for a second, to me that's worth it for all the years of insults and being treated like shit. I mean these ppl sure have some nerve. My uncle who died, there seems to be some really intellegent ppl in my family and some really dumb. He thought he outsmarted everyone, he made it to the top position for his bank. However he had hepetitis born from his mother, or my grand mother. He thought he outsmarted the world, however he can't cheat death. Am I doing the right thing if your relatives are the worst douche bags on the face of the planet? I just don't understand the concept of family.  

I won't regret missing this funeral, however I think I might seriously hurt my grandmother and grandfather who has treated me extremely nice, even if they seem to treat their own family like shit. Honestly they are probally the only ones in the world who actually showed any sort of care. Damn, I really don't know, weighing my options, I don't care, yet I will hurt my grandparents the most. Help me out here, I have to make a decision by tommorrow. Under these circumstances, is what i'm doing okay? I just need some advice. I honestly would spit on his grave if I could have the opportunity. Or maybe I should go to the funeral, smile all day, dance, spit on his grave and sing alleluia. I was thinking about just going  for a few minutes then going home, maybe bring a portable dvd player and watch it during the funeral with headphones. Maybe I can cause more damage being there than not being there.

i7 $450 with tax, funeral, probally a few thousand dollars, a whole pc $1300 without a gpu. Skipping your uncle's funeral to send a msg to my other relatives to know you mean business and you won't take their crap, priceless.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Antisocial personality. Someone dies and you write an essay about yourself. This isn't about you. You sound like a complete brat.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

damn im not reading all that

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By MarkWahlberg

If you liked the uncle, or if there's anyone in the family that wants you to go, then go. Even if there's only one person who wants you to be there, that's the only reason you need. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Well even if you aren't, I'm sorry for your loss.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@ryanwho said:
" Antisocial personality. Someone dies and you write an essay about yourself. This isn't about you. "
I think he's just spilling his guts on how he feels about the situation.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By rjayb89

Did he learn Krav Maga like you?  No?  Fuck it.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@ryanwho: When my uncle was in the hospital, he really suffered badly before he died. He was told he had a month to live, while he lived a month and a half.  While I feel bad for him, I was happy. So what your saying is, this funeral is more than me sending a message, even if I hated him and wanted him to die before. How do I put up with this family of demons? I don't want to see them again. I felt like I was getting bribed to go to family reunions. I told them I get paid to be here, they didn't understand that or got the msg. Also if I don't go, I can't take this back forever.' 

The weird thing about all of this, is I don't feel anything. I just think of all the shit my I had to put up with and they deserve this. I feel nothing, however maybe later on I might start to feel something. Hopefully not regret, right now I have no regrets. I know this might be morally wrong, however I just can't bring myself to go to his funeral.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Abyssfull said:
"Well even if you aren't, I'm sorry for your loss. "

Don't feel sorry for my loss, honestly, fuck him. I hope he burns in hell.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder

Wow, the start of this thread sounds exactly the same as the start of The Stranger =|

I haven't read the rest.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @ryanwho said:
" Antisocial personality. Someone dies and you write an essay about yourself. This isn't about you. "
I think he's just spilling his guts on how he feels about the situation. "
One member of his family was mean to him so he decided to never see any of them again. And he has to be bribed to go to family functions. And he's acting like he took a high road here turning down a bribe to go to a family funeral. He didn't. He's going out of his way to be petty. He's a brat. He took a tragic bonding situation and tried to make it all about himself. 
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @ryanwho said:
I think he's just spilling his guts on how he feels about the situation. "
Seriously, don't mind him. This is just what he does to make himself feel superior.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

After going to my Granddad's earlier this year, I realised funerals are really kind of important. HitmanAgent47 probably can't be reasoned with here but you're a dick if you don't go.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@ryanwho: No you don't get it, I have like two aunts and two uncles that are related to my dad's side of the family, they are all equally as mean and they are all snipers, talking shit indirectly trying to attack you. These are not nice ppl, even my dad was like that before he became a christian. So really, all the ppl on that side of the family is like that. I don't know anyone from my mom's side of the family, they all abandoned her and died. I couldn't careless eitherway. My mom lost a million dollars of inheritance from my other grandparents, I never met them before. I'm saying my dad's side of the family, everyone are mean ppl, seriously the meanest ppl i've ever met. 
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Snipzor

This is a HitmanAgent47 thread, I think this is indication enough of how much someone should respond. Goodnight.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hourai

Cool. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By Dalai
@Hourai said:
" Cool.  "
I am tempted to finish this thought, but I don't have the ambition.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@HitmanAgent47: I won't tell you whether you should go or not. Many people will tell you that this is a black-and-white situation and you're horrible for skipping the funeral. But if these people are really as bad as you say they are, that seems like a legitimate shade of gray. However, you must have some sort of guilty conscience if you're making a forum post about this, so I think you're pretty much telling yourself what you must do.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@HandsomeDead: Look I agree with you, however there doesn't seem enough reason for me to go. I might hurt my grandfather who is nice to me and I might seem like a douche bag after this. However sending them a msg to me is priceless, I go I can't send them this message that will stay with all my hostile relatives for the rest of their lives. It's the ultimate form of disrespect. You can't put a price on that, it's not something I can recreate either. I mean my grandparents are sure old, they seem to like live forever, I doubt anyone else in my family is going to die. It's an opportunity I can't miss, by missing their funeral. All the other relatives might not understand why i'm not there, however these few will totally understand. The snipers had been sniped, now they know how that feels after all these years of being treated like shit taking cheap shots from their indirect insults.
Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spoonman671

How old are you?  I hope you're not an adult.

altbotdos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By altbotdos

People deal with things differently, I think what you are doing is healthy. I skipped my cousins funeral because of many factors, one of them being the fact that it was my way of accepting the lost. 

IMHO a funeral/wake is for the living, not the dead. If you can't be there for family or for yourself, I say call if you feel bad about it.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@PrivateIronTFU: No, I have no guilty conscience, however my parents are going to like pretend I don't exist anymore. They will probally be upset at me for a while however I gave my dad like a month's notice. My mom already told me the bad news my uncle was dying when my dad said to keep it a secret. I mean that's my dad's brother who''s dead and he should be upset. I wasn't aware my dad actually had feelings, or even towards his brother. I guess this side of the family are human after all. Your right, it's not an easy situation, these relatives are that mean. I don't know how these ppl aren't punched in the face by their co-workers, I really don't.
Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sorrowsan

what would jesus do.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ninjakiller

Wow.  I thought I was immature.  Unless he diddled you when you were six you have to go.  Not showing up doesn't say "fuck you" to your uncle, it says "I'm a dipshit who couldn't spend a couple hours at a funeral/burial because I'm all sorts of self-involved.."

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MiniPato

I'd like to quote a movie line I once heard everywhere. "Vengeance comes with a price."

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee
@Sorrowsan said:
"

what would jesus do.

"
Drown in his own tears as he tries, and fails, to heal whatever Hitmanagent47's issues are.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Sorrowsan: Jesus? He wouldn't associate himself with demonic ppl. Once demons talked to him and he told them to be quiet and they may not speak.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By canucks23

You're so... wierd. You sound like you need to get out more. comparing relatives to snipers? chill on the video games dude.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Barrock

We see him trollin'.

Terry_Bogard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Terry_Bogard
@Spoonman671 said:
" How old are you?  I hope you're not an adult. "
I think he is.. which is kind of sad. =\ 
Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By shivermetimbers

How about...uh....trying to make amends with your family....maybe counciling... A funeral is about the transition from life to death one day it will be all of us and we would want people to be there. I doubt your the kind to be reasoned with because of your quest for vengeance, but it's worth a shot. 

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@ninjakiller said:
" Wow.  I thought I was immature.  Unless he diddled you when you were six you have to go.  Not showing up doesn't say "fuck you" to your uncle, it says "I'm a dipshit who couldn't spend a couple hours at a funeral/burial because I'm all sorts of self-involved.." "
Unless it's a Catholic funeral. That's a legit reason not to go. Those things are the worst.
Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Barrock
@canucks23 said:
" You're so... wierd. You sound like you need to get out more. comparing relatives to snipers? chill on the video games dude. "
This is the guy that believes in the Illuminati...
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HitmanAgent47
Phog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Phog_of_War

I suggest you go to the funeral, tie one on at the reception afterwards and blow off some of that steam on the shitty end of your family.  Nobody will hold it aginst you because you obviously were "distraught" over your uncles death.  Plus, when you get older you can finally tell your aunts and uncles and anyone else that they are complete assholes.   

Dont take my word for it, its just my opinion, I could be wrong.  But it seems to be the best chance you'll get to tell your family what you really think of 'em.

P.S. Take the above with a grain of salt.  Funerals are important and shitty at the same time, there is no avoiding that.  Either way, you should probably go.

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sorrowsan
@HitmanAgent47:
Those "demons" are your family. even if you hated the guy, you should still go.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@shivermetimbers: They can not be helped, they were like this since I was born. There is something really wrong with them. I think they need to see a family therapist with their own side of the family because they are sure angry and bitter. 

Honestly, I bet none of you goes to a family reunion and gets made fun of indirectly by your relatives. You would think, these ppl are demons, what is their problem? Unless you felt that, you wouldn't know. I mean I bet all you ppl have really nice relatives, only like one douche bag. Well my family, they are all like that.
blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blazerx9x
@HitmanAgent47: Honestly, I would just go for both his, and my own respect, fuck it, might as well go to his body and think of all that shit you hate of him, but, still, just go, he`ll always be your family member if he`s alive or not.
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Mrnitropb
@Snipzor said:
" This is a HitmanAgent47 thread, I think this is indication enough of how much someone should respond. Goodnight. "
Yup...
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Sorrowsan: I heard that phrase before, they even said they are family. However I tell them blood isn't enough and they are beyond forgiveness. For all of you, if your relatives are this mean, it's unheard of. I don't really understand the concept of family I suppose, my dad is the same type of figurative sniper just like them. My mom was hostile too after getting insulted from work, she attacked me growing up with insults and constant and arguements venting her anger then she completely forgets. No wonder I am like not nice and stuff, with family like this, they are trash. At least my brother was normal, no one in our family treated him like shit. He is like the opposite of me, if you met him, you probally will respect him considering no one hates him and he has perfect social skills. I'm sure some of you can relate, ever had a brother or sister all your relatives respects and you get ignored?

I wish I understood what a normal family was like, however it's dysfunctional. I mean my relatives are worst. What kind of family is this? I don't think most of you have such lousy families. It's almost unheard of.

@Phog_of_War: They know I don't like them, for years I haven't been going to family reunions, so they know.  
English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By English

I feel so sorry for you, I have to imagine your life growing up was/is awful. GB really isn't a good place to post about this though, the demographic here must be something like ages 12-25. No one here can possibly understand how you feel towards these people or your uncle.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By Claude

If you feel this strongly about it, it's a no-brainer. I would not go.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By armaan8014
@Snipzor said:
" This is a HitmanAgent47 thread, I think this is indication enough of how much someone should respond. Goodnight. "
I KNOW!
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By sagesebas
@HitmanAgent47: You really need help dude, this probably shows signs of being a sociopath, like really you might want to check into an insane asylum, nothing you say makes sense and you're probably delusional 
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pinworm45

Oh Hitman, Giant Bomb wouldn't be the same without you. I hope you're never banned.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Subjugation
@HitmanAgent47:  If you don't go, do you honestly think that you'll be cool with that for the rest of your life? You won't EVER have any regrets about not being the bigger person? Honestly, by not going to his funeral you are being every bit as terrible as he ever was imo. If you are having any doubt at all about attending, then obviously part of you thinks that you should. Who knows, going to it may actually help you find some closure in the whole situation.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HitmanAgent47
 @sagesebas: I'm legally sane, no real mental illness. Just smaller stuff, that can't even count as a full mental illness. Look if you had relatives and family like this, would you really do things differently than me? Unless you know what these ppl are like and how mean they are, you really don't know. Stepping into other ppl's shoes are difficult, you simply don't understand. 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By turboman

damn dude. He's still family, what your saying is some harsh shit.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@weeman105: Maybe, that's a good suggestion, maybe I can say goodbye and learn to forgive him. However I was thinking, maybe I can visit him afterwards on my own time and find closure without being around my relatives. Tell him he was a piece of shit, i'm glad you died, then find closure. However I don't want to be around the other relatives. Maybe say it's funny how you think your the smartest guy in the world, however you can't cheat death, you got what you deserved.  

I am thinking if I did go to the funeral, when I do that, I would regret it. If I didn't go, i'm not sure, I don't think I will ever regret it. I will have to wait and see I suppose.