Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By pirate_republic

The problem is that people don't know that your opinion is your opinion. If you say "halo sucks" you'll get flamed. If you say "halo sucks imo" than you don't.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By tebbit

A couple of my friends say "IMO" in real life. And i'm talking the individual letters, I-M-O. 

Pisses me the fuck off.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By TwoOneFive
why is everyone talking shit, everyone of you fucking commented on my random blog. all you fuckers fail.  
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Griddler
@TwoOneFive said:
" why is everyone talking shit, everyone of you fucking commented on my random blog. all you fuckers fail.  "
LOL
NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By NickM

In my opinion, you're right!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TwoOneFive
 I am justing pointing out how pussy so many people are ON THE FUCKING INTERNET. Why are you sooooo scared that your opinion may offend those who disgree. These are forums where people are supposed to discuss, argue, debate etc. Stop tippy-toeing around. 

When you are stating your opinion on a topic, reminding us that what you are saying is your opinion is completely redundant. Saying things like "in my opinion" or "I may be wrong but..." or "im not sure what you think but..." etc etc etc, you are simply apologizing in advance to anyone who disagrees. Now that alone is just pathetic but also realize that by doing that, you make your statement immediately less provocative. Less is always more. If its your opinion that so-and-so game has the best graphics, then just say "This game has the best graphics." Fanboys see that and then want to bite back.  Its far less impacting to say "Well, in my opinion, this game has the best graphics." people will just read that and say whatever.      
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By mike

This is a lot like inserting, "For your information..." before a statement. What else would it be for?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Absurd

IMO IMO is cool, of course this is only IMO not IYO.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TwoOneFive

@MB
said:

" This is a lot like inserting, "For your information..." before a statement. What else would it be for? "

hahaha exactly.  
i remember when i was a freshman in college my professor would get sooooo ticked off whenever he would read somebody's essay and they would start of a paragraph with something like this. Some people would write "I am writing this paper about (whatever) because....". it just makes me want to facepalm whenever people write things like this. and dude, i am not a grammar chief dickhead at all, i write improper constantly, its just dumb to abreviate something when you shouldn't even type it in the first. "IMO" is redundant. /thread 
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By asurastrike
@CL60 said:
" Well to be honest, a lot of the time if you state your opinion and don't state it's your opinion some idiot will come along and start yelling at you about it only being your opinion and you're stating it as fact. "
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By RHCPfan24

I never use "IMO" but that is because I usually spell it out. Well, if you aren't into the whole brevity thing (which movie?) then I would prefer if you spell it out. Nonetheless, what "IMO" is saying is perfectly fine. People can post stuff and people will say "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" (same film) when you were speaking from your own point of view all along. Shall I go for three? Okay, here's an example:

"Near the In-and-Out Burger"
Those are good burgers, Walter."
"Shut the fuck up, Donny."

With "IMO" this situation could have been fixed right? (I have no clue; I am just content to get three of these references into one post :P)

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#62  Edited By breadfan
@RHCPfan24 

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Bigandtasty
@CL60 said:
" Well to be honest, a lot of the time if you state your opinion and don't state it's your opinion some idiot will come along and start yelling at you about it only being your opinion and you're stating it as fact. "
bingo
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By masternater27

Imo this is a pretty dumb blog.  It's also pretty dumb that you link people to it in threads that you find IMO.  IMO is useful to differentiate what we are stating as facts and when we're stating our opinions.  At least, IMO.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Asurastrike said:

" @CL60 said:

"
take it like a man you little wimp.  

annnndd: 

@masternater27
said:

" Imo this is a pretty dumb blog.  It's also pretty dumb that you link people to it in threads that you find IMO.  IMO is useful to differentiate what we are stating as facts and when we're stating our opinions.  At least, IMO. "

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By KamasamaK
@RHCPfan24:@Br3adfan:

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Eric_Buck said:
" Doesn't bother me. Just a way to shorten words IMO. "
IMHO, it saves space.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TwoOneFive
@teh_destroyer said:
" @Eric_Buck said:
" Doesn't bother me. Just a way to shorten words IMO. "
IMHO, it saves space. "
yeah, but ITS REDUNDANT! 
are you guys missing the point?!
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By teh_destroyer

The point is pointless, IMO.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Damian

If you take the attitude that goes along with "IMO" out of Giantbomb forums entirely, what you're eventually left with is Gametrailers. 
Now If everyone ran around saying it after everything they have an opinion about, of course that would be equally ridiculous. 
But not everyone cares to provoke flamers as much as you (fact).

Tempering an opinion that's already provoking is not exactly rampant on the internet. Plus it's a time saver. I like hearing from people who disagree. But if we could just skip passed the trolling to the relevant parts, that'd be real swell. Gee golly gosh. 

Yes, it's less enticing to respond to an already guarded opinion. But then again, reminding people it's just and opinion lessens contact with idiots. 
Balance.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By tekmojo

*Sucker punches TC*

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Damian said:
" If you take the attitude that goes along with "IMO" out of Giantbomb forums entirely, what you're eventually left with is Gametrailers. 
Now If everyone ran around saying it after everything they have an opinion about, of course that would be equally ridiculous. 
But not everyone cares to provoke flamers as much as you (fact).

Tempering an opinion that's already provoking is not exactly rampant on the internet. Plus it's a time saver. I like hearing from people who disagree. But if we could just skip passed the trolling to the relevant parts, that'd be real swell. Gee golly gosh. 

Yes, it's less enticing to respond to an already guarded opinion. But then again, reminding people it's just and opinion lessens contact with idiots. Balance. "
its not about provoking at all. its about not being afraid to state your opinion proudly.