iphone or blackberry or other smart phone?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm looking to get myself a smart phone, mainly for web browsing on the go but gaming and other apps are a bonus. The iphone looks really good, and the variety of apps seems really appealing too. I don't know much about blackberries, or windows mobile smart phones either, and I'm wondering how they compare.

The iphone seems to be the most popular, and thus I would assume has the most developers, and therfore the most apps, but I don't know enough about other smart phones to be able to make a good comparisson.

So, does anyone have any smart phone, and could you make some reccomendations?

stillmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stillmotion

Basically for function and form in one package it all comes down to one statment.

iPhone > Any other phone on the market.

Try one for youself, and you'll know the difference.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By super_machine

Iphone has been good to me so far. The only perplexing thing is that it can only receive picture texts by going through some ATT website then typing in some random password they give you.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By DJ_Lae
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I own a Samsung SCH-i760 smartphone, running Windows Mobile. I love it because it can sync up to my PC for contacts,  calendar, etc.  It's got buit-in Wi-fi, a QWERTY keyboard, and all the bells and whistles. Games for Windows mobile are widely available, and you can even get NES/SNES emulators for it.

While I'm not an iPhone basher, I will mention a sticking point for me with touch-only phones. If you ever try to dial one of them one-handed, you'll sorely miss your hardware keys. My last smartphone was touch-only, and within weeks I was so frustrted by misdialed numbers, I promptly sold it and got this Samsung phone.

Also, with the iPhone, AT&T requires you to take a data plan. Although it's reasonably priced, there's so much free wi-fi out there that it's almost a waste of money. I live in a smallish town, and I can't go two blocks without picking up a hotspot.

And as far as a music player goes, if you want to put all your eggs in one basket, I'd recommend against it. It just eats up battery life.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I think I'm going to go for an iphone. Sure, it's expensive, but I've got some money to spend, and I'll only waste it in the pub if I don't buy something with it. Thanks for the advice dudes.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Miniman said:
"Are iPhones on 'Pay As You Go' yet? Monthly subscriptions are crappy if you don't use your phone that much."
Yeah, here in the UK you can get them on Pay as you go. Not sure about the US, but I'd assume they'd have it too. It's £350 for an 8GB, or £400 for a 16GB, so it's pricey, but as I've said, I'd only waste the money otherwise.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By BiggerBomb

I live in a wealthy and regrettably WASP-y district, anti-semitism runs rampant an...where was I even going with this? Oh yeah! I'd say 90% of the kids in my school have iPhones. While I would never pay so much money for a cellphone, I will admit that the iPhone is badass. I'd easily accept that as a gift, though.